• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultim8p00

Banned
Hyperfludd said:
I can't seem to sharp sting properly, ever. :c

I don't know what combo you are using sharp sting in, but when I was doing that combo, I had to do the combos slowly so that the character doesn't stay to high up after Shield Skills, then I Sharp stung after a slight delay. The timing is weird but once you get it it's actually pretty easy. Also I believe the combo I posted is actually easier to do midscreen because the character falls a little further away and the first legion arrows to fall keep him on the ground long enough for you to dash and OTG super

rukland

Well unless I want to drive 45 mins to the UPS customer center I am not getting my copy today. Really tempting to just get in my car and go now.

I can't decide who I want to use yet :/ I know I want storm on point, and I might keep sentinel around for anchor cuz of drones lockdown assist for mixup, but I'm really liking eye of A assist from dr.strange. Either way, i have no idea who to put in the middle since no dhc glitch + wolves nerf :/

vocab

The slow down on the PS3 version is pretty much gone. Galactcus fight is actually playable, and the dante jam session/ice particle effects no longer makes me feel like I'm playing on ps2 hardware.

vocab said:
The slow down on the PS3 version is pretty much gone. Galactcus fight is actually playable, and the dante jam session/ice particle effects no longer makes me feel like I'm playing on ps2 hardware.
That's good to hear. Are you able to compare with the 360 version?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
striKeVillain! said:
I'm glad to hear that we can still change this. I liked the Classic music in Vanilla but I don't really like the Classic (that I've heard) in Ultimate.

But changing the music to dynamic in MvC3 made it play the stage music instead of the epic character specific music.

Mupod

Do we have exact HP values for all the newcomers yet? I haven't actually seen it posted yet, but the guide's out there so...

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
GuardianE said:
But changing the music to dynamic in MvC3 made it play the stage music instead of the epic character specific music.

I never understood why there wasn't an option that mixed those two up, or does the regular one also play the stage music?

I'M A GENIUS THEORY FIGHTER
My new Magneto combo I constructed in Vanilla for Ultimate works completely :)
Actually does more damage than my old one, too!

MAGNETO IS STILL THE KING REPULSION ATTRACTION

Nemesis is badass
Firebrand is badass but I need time to make better combos, this guy's output is ASS
Dr.Strange is weird but still godlike anchor

I don't like playing Hawkeye.

FindMyFarms said:
I think I can take you in Jojo's ;P
lolz hit me up FT10, FT100

JeTmAn81

Got my copy of Ultimate. New powerline ethernet adapter is set up so I finally have a good wired connection for gaming. LET'S DO THIS, YOOOOOOOO MAHVELLL!!!!!!!

ReiGun

Professor Beef said:
For those who want the Femme Fatale code (on PSN): the first person to find me a picture of the most delicious double cheeseburger gets it.
BaconCheeseBurger.jpg

U haz cheeseburger nao. I can haz womenz?

TDLink

GuardianE said:

Wait, what? I am positive I have had dynamic music set to on in vanilla since it sounds way better yet still have had the character specific themes.

Nori Chan

Professor Beef said:
For those who want the Femme Fatale code (on PSN): the first person to find me a picture of the most delicious double cheeseburger gets it.
How was the cold last night sir?

Enjoy your 50 degrees of southern cali cold????

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Nils said:
I never understood why there wasn't an option that mixed those two up, or does the regular one also play the stage music?

Nope. Dynamic for stage music, classic for character music. When I first got the game, I set it to Dynamic just because it sounded like it would mean "better". I didn't realize for the longest time that I couldn't hear any character themes.

lol I got C.Viper to combo into and out of Optic Blast but it's useless. I guess you can get some mid screen stuff going but there isn't really any point from what I've seen so far.

And Wesker is retardedly strong without his glasses.

Seraphis Cain said:
Okay, so I know that being able to do the combos and stuff is only one small part of the game, but let's say that I can do up through Mission 7 in Mission Mode for most characters (and I could probably do 8 if I had a good handle on using XF in combos). What would that generally put my skill level at?
I only do the first 5-7 missions with most characters. Combo practice in training mode is better anyway.

Teknoman

GuardianE said:

Yeah character specific classic music all day, every day.

How can you not like fighting to Ameterasu, Hulk, or Captain America's theme.

TDLink said:
Wait, what? I am positive I have had dynamic music set to on in vanilla since it sounds way better yet still have had the character specific themes.

Hmm the way it was for me: Dynamic = specific stage themes and different menu/title music, Classic = Character specific themes and more Capcomy(?) sounding menu music.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
GuardianE said:
Nope. Dynamic for stage music, classic for character music. When I first got the game, I set it to Dynamic just because it sounded like it would mean "better". I didn't realize for the longest time that I couldn't hear any character themes.

Weird decision then. I wager 80% of players never hear any of the stage music. I also initially thought dynamic was about sound feel rather than character/stages. Odd design choice. Also that commentator option is dreadful and I'm super glad that one isn't on by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom