• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odinson

I got to play for few minutes when I got home but had some things to do. I'm loving Hawkeye...gotta try out the rest of the cast now. Time to hit training mode.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
shaowebb said:
Sorry to hear bout the UPS tardage Q. Hope it gets there soon. Also check out Chun-li + Dr Strange Double beam. It is RIDICULOUSLY good in Ulimate. Even if your full screen and the double air dash wont give you the go behind her improved kicks will still reach far enough to cross them up for the combo to start. Plus those beams catch them on the attempts I've used so far to air combo into her OTG in the corner. She corners easy and OTG stomp needs an assist from there to convert back into anything because she'll need the extra time to land. It generally yields me a lvl 3 kill.

So yeah. Perfect couple seems to be Strange + Chun Li. Its also really fun to pop the eye of agamotto after a teleport with her lightning legs summoned on the opposite side lol. They fucking panic with that many hits on both sides a coming and get ate.
You know what I thought would be fun is PW and Chris. Chris seems REALLY BUFF in this game. Toss in that stupid PW assist... ya

ihearthawthats said:
yo, what is this reset battle records in the options? does that reset your rank back to fighter too?
Yeah. I tested it out yesterday and it resets your rank, online record, and online play time. Now I kinda regret doing it cuz I've gone on a few huuuuge losing streaks since and I'd like some of my old wins back! I can't believe how bad I've gotten. A million tears.

I appreciate the option though. It can be discouraging trying to dig yourself out of the hole you dug when you just started the game.

Hawkeye players:

How do you land Trick Maneuver L into Trick Shot OTG (Any, preferrably M) in the corner?

I backdash before doing the Trick Maneuver L. Is there an easier way or is that what you have to do?

JeTmAn81

spindashing said:
Hawkeye players:

How do you land Trick Maneuver L into Trick Shot OTG (Any, preferrably M) in the corner?

I backdash before doing the Trick Maneuver L. Is there an easier way or is that what you have to do?
I was wondering the same thing.

vg260

SnakeSlashRO said:
Called Amazon.

Got meh code.

Something's messed up with Capcom's code delivery. I called and they apparently have "no record of a code for my order so I don't have a code for my order". I'm out of luck unless its still being worked on. Pretty steamed. I'm not 100% sure they're informed though. There are reports from some people who have called in and have been given a code. However, others have not gotten emails either, so I'm thinking they weren't allocated enough codes from Capcom yet. Seeing mixed reports from BestBuy buyers too. Hopefully tomorrow...hopefully.

EDIT: Just now got an email with my code. Whew. Send them an email if they don't have a clue on phone or chat.

spindashing said:
Hawkeye players:

I think you do have to backdash, but try something for me.

Delay the Ice Shot itself until much later in the flip, then try slide then launch. Maybe that can work without back dashing.

kirblar

F. Champ is playing Arthur w/ Dr. Strange's Eye of Agamatto assist, and it's hilarious- the thing pretty much covers all of Arthur!

Anth0ny

fucking Phoenix Wright I keep picking up fraudulent evidence! Like... 3 in a row for M+S on multiple occasions. Is my M+S cursed? :lol

EYEL1NER

Welp, instead of saving money on the guide by buying from Amazon (it's sitting at $12.XX right now), I will be buying it for $19.99 tomorrow when I return my third copy of the game back to Gamestop.

Reason why? "Estimated delivery: Dec. 28, 2011 - Jan. 26, 2012"

Fuck that. Last time I ordered something that wasn't in stock (Vengeance Trilogy Blu Ray set), I waited three months to get one.

Added myself to 360 ScrubGAF

A Human Becoming - ICallItFutile
akilshohen - Akilla05
Anth0ny - fps anth
Banana Kid - John Dudebro
Bark252 - Bark252
Bookey - Therealbookey
Clipse - JKL329
d0c_zaius - d0c z5000
dankir - D O N K E R
Dirtdog07 - Sox Fan
Fatal X Fate - Papercuts
GhostRidah - ghostridah012
Giard - LeGiard
GuardianE - GuardianE9999
Gunstarheroes - Gusntarheroes77
h3ro - munkeyhero
IntelliHeath - IntelliHeath
Iron E Man - ra1d3nmgs
jobber - jobber4wcw
Ken - Chocopolka
koryuken - Koryuken
Lyte Edge - lyte edge
MrMephistoX - MrMephistoX
Mupod - Mupod
NightmareTrigger - Vanish Trigger
Parallax Scroll - ParallaxScroll
Red Arremer - AuT pBo Arremer
robot - pepperjack
RS4 - dokterrhouse
shaowebb - Dynasty Penguin
Sir Garbageman - Sir Garbageman
SnakeSlashRO - MakaveliAkerele
Stabby McSter - OGK stersauce
striKeVillain! - StriKeVillain
Teknoman - TeknomanEX
ThirtyPlus - ThirtyPlus
Timedog - TimedogGAF
Toski - Outlaw Viper
ultim8p00 - D3vinchi

Mr Touchdown said:
I think you do have to backdash, but try something for me.

Delay the Ice Shot itself until much later in the flip, then try slide then launch. Maybe that can work without back dashing.
I've unfortunately tried that. Unless I'm timing it wrong, it doesn't work.

Backdash is good, but in the corner you can't go for the launch after a frozen arrow.

I'll keep at it. I'm really liking Hawkeye.

Arde5643

FindMyFarms said:
Yeah but that's haggar/felicia/arthur :/ that combo is going to be practically impossible to land, especially since it uses both assists.
Won't it work with most assists that does the same thing though?

spindashing said:

Backdash is good, but in the corner you can't go for the launch after a frozen arrow.

You can get it to work with back-dashing, you just need to time your normals correctly. An easier alternative is to jump backwards off your S, you'll land in the perfect position to pull off the ice shot.

spindashing said:

Hmmm. Well thanks for testing that one. How about landing, then super scatter shot then launch? 1 meter relaunch XD.

also I keep forgetting Hawkeye has a level 3.

kunonabi

QisTopTier said:
You know what I thought would be fun is PW and Chris. Chris seems REALLY BUFF in this game. Toss in that stupid PW assist... ya

Yeah after I saw the buffed paper assist I've been considering moving Wright onto my Chris team. Not sure if I should move Trish or Strange though,

GatorBait said:
I don't understand anything you just said.
H7SWV.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom