• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to change my team. I'm so, so sorry Dr. Strange.

FIREBRAND IS ANCHOR MADE FLESH

Hoooooooly shit, I've been playing with lvl 3 x-factor + luminous body. Goddamn, son. Goddamn.

He moves faster than I can hit the buttons. His air dashes become teleports. He'll never run out of gargoyle mode.

Nemesis(armor slam)/Magneto(Estaka)/Firebrand(Vomit)

kirblar

God's Beard said:

Hoooooooly shit, I've been playing with lvl 3 x-factor + luminous body. Goddamn, son. Goddamn.

He moves faster than I can hit the buttons. His air dashes become teleports.

It's like a one-sided Phoenix mirror! Mash that L!

Mupod

Frank is so awesome. God damn. Just need to get better at actually landing that first combo.

I can get him to level 5 off one nemesis/taskmaster team combo but it kinda doesn't work that well. Still experimenting with him though, I took a break from training mode to play some random with my friend.

And man I'm either rustier than I remember or they made Taskmaster's combos harder.

Azure J

God's Beard said:

He moves faster than I can hit the buttons. His air dashes become teleports. He'll never run out of gargoyle mode.

OMFG I NEED (A SYSTEM TO PLAY) THIS GAME.

Kyoufu said:
Despite being terrible at this game, I'm enjoying PS3 scrub lobbies. Its fun to watch other GAFers.

Team Armor is just nasty though lol.
Yeah its fun watching others. This game is still ass for me as far as online goes. I noticed though that my interent is alot faster during the late night to early morning hours so maybe I'll play around midnight if scrub ps3 gaffers are still on. Overall im just terrible, everything just feels so different to me and the meter gain nerf is extremely noticeable. I've never played matches in vanilla where I went so long without any meter.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Just played about 5 hours of online. It's frustrating at times, but fun. Have to take a different mentality to playing online that I forgot. Can't wait to start up UMVC3: The Online Warrior.

Hit 100 wins finally. 6th Lord

smurfx

get some go again
LeMaximilian said:
Just played about 5 hours of online. It's frustrating at times, but fun. Have to take a different mentality to playing online that I forgot. Can't wait to start up UMVC3: The Online Warrior.

Hit 100 wins finally. 6th Lord
hey tell us when you are on so we can all go on ranked and see if we can play you.

Waikis

ok, who uses x-23 here?

Killasasa, which bnb are you talking about? I tried to do feint loop and only managed to do 2 loops before the opponent drops down.

Also, holy crap ammy's cold star assists now do so much deterioration : (.

kirblar

striKeVillain! said:
Appreciate that. I feel like i cant land anything consistent right now. Need to find a good team to do damage with.
I wouldn't worry too much about that- the new game systems are forcing many more resets/mixups than previously.

Parallax Scroll said:
And I'm back home. Great tournament great experience. Clockwork took first, Yipes was second, and I didn't recognize the third place guy. Both Clock and Yipes switched to Vergil teams for winners and part of grand finals.

Also, when that kid made his Hulk comeback against me, Yipes was standing right behind me giving his "commentary", lol. Good shit.

Is there footage of these matches?

Also - anymore opinions on netcode? My Gold membership has ended - and if the netcode is shit I'm not going to renew since I mostly play my online games on PS3 now.

Yoooooooooooooo... Hawkeye is the man. Fitting right in on my team. Getting used to new Spider-Man faster than I thought I would. Far more speed than I know what to do with :p

Yeah, MarlinPie needs to seriously rethink his team. The meter build nerf absolutely kills his Viper, because she relies so much on EX moves. Ammy lost a ton of damage in her combos. Magneto may be ok with practice but even them I'm not sure.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
By the way, Beef, great match. I don't want to seem like a sore winner, as it were. :lol Just got excited since, y'know, I'm pretty scrub. So that win meant a lot to me. :D

Dartastic

Killa Sasa said:
Yoooooooooooooo... Hawkeye is the man. Fitting right in on my team. Getting used to new Spider-Man faster than I thought I would. Far more speed than I know what to do with :p
Yo, I was thinking of picking up Spidey. Any tips?

Dartastic said:
Yo, I was thinking of picking up Spidey. Any tips?

Get a good projectile assist. He's much faster, but he lost damage, so you're going to have to open people up at least twice. Good projectiles make it even more of a hell for opponents while Spider-Man zips around.

That said, pick your spots for offense. Swinging around without a plan will still get you killed.

His BnB's take some execution, but they're not too awful after a while. Got em down pretty quick, even with unlearning his old Vanilla strings.

Learn how to move with Spider-Man and you're pretty much set -- his mobility is definitely his most important tool.

kirblar

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Yeah, MarlinPie needs to seriously rethink his team. The meter build nerf absolutely kills his Viper, because she relies so much on EX moves. Ammy lost a ton of damage in her combos. Magneto may be ok with practice but even them I'm not sure.
Ammy really needs to be second. Without an assist Ammy gets zoned out pretty hard and has trouble vs Armor characters.

Seraphis Cain said:
By the way, Beef, great match. I don't want to seem like a sore winner, as it were. :lol Just got excited since, y'know, I'm pretty scrub. So that win meant a lot to me. :D
Haha, don't sweat it. Great match!

Seraphis Cain said:
WrestleGAF Mahvel, and I wasn't invited?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom