• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
AzureJericho said:
God I love stream monsters. Firebrand is now Ridley and "Ridley is too big for Brawl!" is the new Firebrand troll. :lol

That's what I hate about watching these streams dude, get sooooo hyped. I got to have this game, etc. but then I quickly realize how much I suck at it and I'm back to reality.

lolez2matt said:
Beef???

you scared?????

Thank god!!!! I was going to lose anyway
It was my router. SF4Gaf can let you know how hilariously bad it can be.
KuGsj.gif

Iron Man is retarded good. Don't believe the lies.

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Yeah, MarlinPie needs to seriously rethink his team. The meter build nerf absolutely kills his Viper, because she relies so much on EX moves. Ammy lost a ton of damage in her combos. Magneto may be ok with practice but even them I'm not sure.
Magneto can still do 600k meterless combos midscreen without assists.

Kyoufu

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
That's what I hate about watching these streams dude, get sooooo hyped. I got to have this game, etc. but then I quickly realize how much I suck at it and I'm back to reality.

Exactly what happened to me haha.

I can't land an air combo. Its either lag or my lack of skill, but I have no troubles doing it offline.

lowhighkang_LHK said:
Is there footage of these matches?

Also - anymore opinions on netcode? My Gold membership has ended - and if the netcode is shit I'm not going to renew since I mostly play my online games on PS3 now.
I don't know, I hope they recorded it. I'll post a link if footage goes online.

shaowebb said:
Whats Parallax's handle on 360? I want in on the scrubGAF 360 lobby now that I've finished dinner.
ParallaxScroll

Kyoufu

Netcode is good enough to play against NA players from the UK and still have a relatively smooth game.

It's definitely way better than vanilla.

Kyoufu said:
Exactly what happened to me haha.

I can't land an air combo. Its either lag or my lack of skill, but I have no troubles doing it offline.

When MvC3 was released, I bought an arcadestick, the strategy guide.. the whole shebang. Felt like trying to learn another language. Could barely pull of BnBs. Regardless of my terrible skill level, its still VERY fun to watch.

Really enjoy (watching) the new characters, the potential...

shaowebb

Parallax is nomming right now. Is scrubGAF still in a lobby though? Someone friend request me so I can get an invite. Name is Dynasty Penguin on 360.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Good games, Scrub-GAF.

If I learned anything from tonight's session, it's A. Vergil is pretty awesome, B. Never give up, because sometimes you DO pull off the seemingly impossible, and C. Fuck Hulk right up his big green (or gray, or red) ass. Those OTG shenanigans of his are just salt-inducing.

Teknoman

Seraphis Cain said:
Good games, Scrub-GAF.

If I learned anything from tonight's session, it's A. Vergil is pretty awesome, B. Never give up, because sometimes you DO pull off the seemingly impossible, and C. Fuck Hulk right up his big green (or gray, or red) ass. Those OTG shenanigans of his are just salt-inducing.

This. I hear gamma wave and I just go to another room.

Could scrub360 GAF invite me to a room? I know I said I didn't exactly consider myself one, but I certainly feel like one right now with the changes and the new characters x__x

GT: SolarKnightR

Grabbed the PS3 version tonight. The wife and I have been playing for about the past two hours.

And to answer the question that was on my mind, along with what seems to be a number of others...

Yes, the PS3 version still has framerate issues.

It's just as noticeable as it was before. The game is still a blast, but it's disappointing that Capcom didn't clean it up a little to get it running at a rock steady 60.

Anyways, time for me to unlock some endings.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I FUCKING LOVE PHOENIX WRIGHT

Just fought someone using Phoenix, got 5 bars, did x factor and flipped out. So I x-factored back and popped his level 3, she instantly dies if she hits a button. Fuck you phoenix.

Masamuna

IronFist/Task/Strider feels like it could have potential.

Does anyone have any links to a good iron fist bnb?

There are videos popping up now and then on SRK but little to no transcriptions. I'll write what I know so far though. HSD and damage decay hurt IF from becoming too fancy, so his combos can be pretty simple yet solid damage.

Basic BnB:

MHbH, qcfL, qcbL, qcfM, red chi, S, MMHS, qcbM, qcfL, qcfH xx Fist of Fury

After the hyper you can tag either Spirit of the Dragon or qcfM xx FoF. You can also reset after the intial hyper.

Another filler after crumple is HcHfH JC HS land HcHfH qcfL, qcfH. Then OTG into finisher.

Another more damaging starter pre-crumple needs the opponent to be standing:

MHfH JC HS land MHbH rekkas into crumple.

Using overhead in mixups means you lose crumple without an assist like Spencer. The damage is still pretty solid though.

(midscreen) qcbM, qcfL, qcbS (dash*) HfH qcfL qcfH xx Hyper (IIRC 600-650k)
(near corner) after qcbS it depends on the characters size. On medium to larger characters you can use H to cross under then fH to rekkas which keeps then in the corner. On smaller the most consistent I've come up with is MbH qcfL xx FoF but this takes you out of the corner. These are the same combos I use for airthrows (400-500k).

Off of air to air jH:

(midscreen) jHS land bH qcfL, qcbH, qcbS (dash*) HfH qcfL,qcfH, qcbM, qcfL, qcfH xx Hyper (650ish k I think)

If you want to save the wallbounce for FoF you can, just adjust accordingly.

*depending on characters size and where you were in relation to the stage you gotta dash to get s.H to land.

A friend lent me his copy of UMvC3 after we fucked around a bit at his place and man oh man is this game retarded LOL.

-Wesker is still great
-Doom's foot dive is LOL. I can combo into an EZ mode 500k off foot dive and it is hilariously cheesy. I just zoned my friend out like an asshole and THAT FOOT DIVE IS RETARDED
-Vergil is SO EASY TO HANDLE OH MY GOD I MAY PLAY A TELEPORTING ASSHOLE WITH A SWORD
-Strider's alts are sexy, but he is going to require some play time
-Frank pretty much belongs in second place. You NEED him to level up
-Dr.Strange feels like he needs to much work to be effective. He reminds me of Dormammu in MvC3
-Morrigan and Hsien-Ko feel like jokes now. Morrigan less so. I checked out combos from air throws, item/soul fist stuff and yeah I'll be playing new characters. I wouldn't even bother choosing them, but I want to thoroughly check stuff that I couldn't at my friend's house. Also, Hsien-Ko's item toss feels like it is on crack
-Ammy is still a proud and awesome sun goddess. FUCK THE HATERS
-Nova is easy at first and his combos get weirder with length. He is gonna need more lab time than I initially thought
-I still need to try out Hawkeye, the raccoon, Nemesis and other newcomers

Verdict: We are in for some smelly french cheese in the coming months and it looks like there is some fun to be had. Two teams are possible so far and I know that Ammy will be on at least one of them.

Think I'm going to run Skrull/Nova/Wesker.

Mix-up potential with Nova and Skrull is off the charts. I can call Nova assist with Skrull and then Meteor Smash over their head and they have no clue where to block. Now I need to develop some follow-up attacks so I'm not left vulnerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom