• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

God's Beard said:
Fuck you guys. Get Q to roll his ass over here and play me in person >:-(

Taunting me into playing a game with a random team on my shit ass connection just to record the inevitable conclusion is pretty low, even by Kadey's standards.
Random team? I thought Magneto/Wesker/Phoenix was your old team?

You had 2/3rds your old team and you'd been braggin on Nemesis all day. Plus when he wasn't ready yet I told you several times to just switch him out since he wasn't trained yet for someone else. You chose to rock that team 4 times.

Whatever man...stay salty. At least I know how to lose and acknowledge folks when they beat me cleanly.

MrMephistoX

Kyoufu said:
Great games PS3 scrubs. Enjoying the game more now although I'm terribad with Dante. Going to check out some guides.

Team Armor!
Yeah it's amazing how much more fun the game is with chat and spectator mode: not that I had time today unfortunately.

It's slow because my buttons don't do anything, which makes me really awkward and random.
shaowebb said:
Random team? I thought Magneto/Wesker/Phoenix was your old team?

You had 2/3rds your old team and you'd been braggin on Nemesis all day. Plus when he wasn't ready yet I told you several times to just switch him out since he wasn't trained yet for someone else. You chose to rock that team 4 times.

Whatever man...stay salty. At least I know how to lose and acknowledge folks when they beat me cleanly.
I don't care that I lost, I care that I lost and everyone is bagging on me like it's a blow up. Braggin on nemesis? I was getting hype about his damage, that's it. I never said anything about me being able to use the bastard. And Wesker/Magneto/Phoenix was my old team, but the setups worked in a very specific way, namely fishing for AA gunshot into combos. You can't do that anymore, so I stuck wesker on anchor. I basically just wanted to play with characters I'm comfortable with and aren't super complicated. As bad as it gets with these guys, it's worse with my other characters online. Who am I going to swap to? C.Viper? Iron Man? Doom?

Between a team that I'm not comfortable with(which is why I kept picking it, by the way), and my connection making the game incredibly frustrating and confusing, yeah I'm salty. I'm not going on another stream unless it's southtown arcade. Moreover, I'm not going to try online again until I have a team. It's not worth this bullshit.

Neki

my nova is getting decent, but most of my wins are coming from those XF3 Sent and Ammy comebacks. :p

I can actually do nova combos online, lol.

I'm just mad because I wanted to have fun and I didn't. Every time you see me do nothing then get tagged there was a lag spike then arrows showed up in my face. Or because my internet decided I wasn't blocking.

Every time people make fun of me for not playing online, I try it again and the same thing happens. I'll stick to offline.

Razor210

I'm starting to believe that characters with fast air movement/teleports beat Hawkeye/Ghost Rider for free...

Also I couldn't find the lobby :D

Kimosabae

Banned
Match looked kinda laggy to me. Seemed like there was a lot of random inputs on both players sides trying to feel out the connection.

In any case, I can't believe people are getting amped about this. Playing this game online is such a joke.

"Speed of Light" and all that.

Neki

Razor210 said:
I'm starting to believe that characters with fast air movement/teleports beat Hawkeye/Ghost Rider for free...

Also I couldn't find the lobby :D

next time just log into kadey's stream, told you a million times. :p

Solune

corrosivefrost said:
God's Beard could have had that, potentially, if he did Wesker's level 3 instead of phantom dance... :3
He burned Xfactor, you can't combo into level 3 after launcher > magic series without an assist.

Neki

we need me and Q's first match against each other in ultimate.

came down to one move winning the game, LOL.

spoiler alert:
someone's 20 game win streak was ended.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I can't seem to make my way in when playing Iron Fist. Any advice? Also, how do you wave dash super fast? I think I need to alter my control layout.

Ultimoo said:
my nova is getting decent, but most of my wins are coming from those XF3 Sent and Ammy comebacks. :p

I can actually do nova combos online, lol.
Your Nova is a fraud. But then Ammy/Sent come in like "lol whatever" and get the job done.
KuGsj.gif

Neki

Professor Beef said:
Your Nova is a fraud. But then Ammy/Sent come in like "lol whatever" and get the job done.
KuGsj.gif
hey I didn't think you would punish my whiffed launcher 3 times in a row. if I was wesker, I would be like "meh, -1 on block"

Teknoman

Kimosabae said:
Match looked kinda laggy to me. Seemed like there was a lot of random inputs on both players sides trying to feel out the connection.

In any case, I can't believe people are getting amped about this. Playing this game online is such a joke.

"Speed of Light" and all that.

Alot of the times when connections are good, its pretty fun all around. Same for SF III, IV, Blazblue, etc.

On a side note, KOF better deliver too, especially for those of us without local scenes.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Ugh. Why do I always fight Zero when Wesker is on point. My brain shuts down when that walking buzz saw is on screen. I've managed to block Striders and Vergils all night, but that little bastard opens my squad up like nothing else. I really don't know what the fuck to do.

;_;

I did okay tonight. Randomly fought EMP MightyMouse ranked. I think I was like his second online match. His shit is going to be dumb annoying when he gets things moving. I think I pulled a fraud win with Strider. lol

Wesker / Nemesis / Strider is pretty good. I've gotten a couple wins thanks to the bullshit XF3 orbs. lol

Something about this game makes Storm's combo easier to land. In vanilla, I couldn't hit l,m,h,S, j.h, fly, j.l, j.h, adf, j.h, etc. In this, the characters float long enough where you don't have to input it as fast as you did before. I can also hit that combo Wong uses a lot more than before now. ^_^

I'll try and hop in the scrub lobby tomorrow. CoD calls now.

Hawkeye is gdlk.

So is Firebrand......

Kimosabae

Banned
Teknoman said:
Alot of the times when connections are good, its pretty fun all around. Same for SF III, IV, Blazblue, etc.

On a side note, KOF better deliver too, especially for those of us without local scenes.

You can't compare Marvel to any of those games. U/MVC3 is its own tier in shittiness. I've never played a match that I'd even consider playable. Maybe it's just my connection and this particular game, but I doubt it.

Kyoufu

Kimosabae said:
You can't compare Marvel to any of those games. U/MVC3 is its own tier in shittiness. I've never played a match that I'd even consider playable. Maybe it's just my connection and this particular game, but I doubt it.

I've had playable matches with Scrub-GAF.

If it were vanilla on the other hand... :lol

I'm playing against NA GAFers and it really isn't bad at all. In fact I managed to pull off my 1 million damage combo earlier with Vergil. In vanilla I couldn't even super jump after a launcher!

Teknoman

Kyoufu said:
I've had playable matches with Scrub-GAF.

If it were vanilla on the other hand... :lol

I'm playing against NA GAFers and it really isn't bad at all. In fact I managed to pull off my 1 million damage combo earlier with Vergil. In vanilla I couldn't even super jump after a launcher!

I've had playable matches during the first two months after vanilla launch. The day before ultimate, I had a decent amount of good matches with a couple laggy. Then again I never have bad luck as far as lag goes on 360 Capcom fighters. TvC on Wii is another story.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
There was maybe 3-4 matches out of 200+ in the last two days on my stream that were actually laggy. I'll go as far as to say the netcode is even better than AE.

Anyway. GAF is supposed to be down for 15 hours or so today at some time. I'll stream tonight but I don't know what system yet. From what I've seen, it's probably going to be PSN.

Captain N

No one tried to stop me so I've got a HitBox shipping out to my house today. I might wait to really get into Ultimate until I have the HitBox.

V_Arnold

crimsonspider89 said:
Well MahvelGAF, check Lupinko's twitter.

The reason why no MM in the game is revealed.

The last tweet is about SFxT as well as all the others.

Yeah.

Can you actually link what it says? o_O
Dunno where Lupinko's twitter is :p

Bizazedo

A Human Becoming said:
Scrub 360 lobby going. Send ICallItFutile a message to be invited.
Thanks for the invite last night. I also didn't know it was scrub lobby so just went to town :/. I left when asked, though.

The connections do seem better than in vanilla.

crimsonspider89 said:

Yeah.
Yeah, I laughed heartily when I saw the updates in the SFxTekken thread. Mahvel really is C tier to them lol.

First they take our dev monies and time, now they come for our Megaman. WHEN WILL IT END!?

Masamuna

Reposting my thoughts on getting in with IF (via SRK):

Iron Fist's meta on getting in feels kind of like She-Hulk in a way. Their biggest similarity is really solid j.H's and while she may have/had stuff like vanilla slide and grab setups Iron Fist can utilize a very strong wavedash and AA capabilities.

The reason I brought her up is that I feel that IF could be using his normal jump at long range as well as his wavedash to go through gaps in their defense. Normal jump H can be OS'd in airthrow of course, which means unless they break the grab or beat IF in the air (which is possible of course) they risk eating 400-700 from the airthrow or 700-950 for the j.H.

While wavedashing you have two options on the ground: c/s.L or s.M. They are both solid options and are good for different reasons. Because of proper wavedashing L's range is somewhat negated, and because of its speed you will hopefully beating out attacks that would normally beat out s.M. I also feel its better to start out block strings with L. The main reason to use L on grounded approach is because s.M may as well be a carbon copy of Makoto's s.MP from SF4 (which is very good and bad). Basically s.M has a very solid hitbox with the exception of the lower half of his body. Moves like slides or low hitting attacks with longer range (swords lol) will blow it up pretty hard.

But then there's the good side to s.M. If they are moving around normal jump space s.M will be your BFF. After you AA with s.M you can followup in f.H~air loop* for damage that's more or less the same as if you had hit confirmed into crumple.

With these options along with proper assist usage and empty rekka cancels off of f.H (dirty high/low mixup) he should be a headache for a good chunk of the cast. I wish he head some left/right shenanigans outside of resets though XD

*j.HS land HcHfH jHS HcHfH rekka followup. In some situations like A2A or AA you can omit the cH's since they can whiff from time to time.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
crimsonspider89 said:

Yeah.
would be nice if you post the quotes itself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom