• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
corrosivefrost said:
I think so -- try adding me; just mention the scrubchat in the msg so i remember to immediately invite you to it. :)

When I sign on in the next hour or so, I'll get that invite hooked up for you.

Cool, thanks!

I spent a little more time in the lab with Nova and I'm definitely gonna fine a spot for him on a team. Him, Firebrand and Ammy are staples characters now.

Also, did we ever get the 2nd part of the Capcom changelog?
LeMaximilian said:
Now we are in for the good stuff.

YAY
Kimosabae said:
Too many fucking characters in this game.
We need moar.
Seraphis Cain said:
I swear, it's infuriating trying to do a QCF and getting a DP motion instead. Happens way too often in Marvel, never happened to me in SSFIV.
Stop holding forward on the dpad as you transition to the QCF movement. It is a bitch, but you get used to it after a while(could be a long while).
mr. puppy said:
firebrand just became the cheesiest motherfucker ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=258pKWIPOEQ&feature=player_embedded
Holy shit I just tried it in training mode and it works. I linked an easy 18 for 1.5 million lol.

YEEEEEEEEEEES

GGs to the psn srcubgaf(themadnessbeast here) Online is still very shitty for me, hopefully its just on my end and you guys aren't having lag issues as bad as mine.

Can't wait for WNF in a few minutes so I can get an idea of how to play the new characters. My damn guide isnt gonna ship until next week.

shaowebb

God's Beard said:
Ok this is getting stupid, I can't block anything and lag spikes makes characters practically invisible. I'm only playing one more, my internet is so ass.
Damn dude that is pretty bad. Whats your internet speed?
Here...Go to speedtest with this link and find out whats up
Just screen shit that for us so we can see wtf is going on here, because maybe somethings going on down there on your connection you could report to your provider. Matches dropping kind of blows and at least this way we can see what kind of a handicap your working with so maybe the constant needling will slow down on you or something in streams. (those nukes)

God'sBeard, you are on the PS3 right?

Are you using wifi?

If so then try to get an ethernet cord...changed my life.

I still suck but now I get my ass kicked with a silky smoove connection

lolz, I couldn't even update my player data with my 1 win, connection lost.

edit: yup, 0 wins 0 losses

shaowebb said:
Damn dude that is pretty bad. Whats your internet speed?
Here...Go to speedtest with this link and find out whats up
Just screen shit that for us so we can see wtf is going on here, because maybe somethings going on down there on your connection you could report to your provider. Matches dropping kind of blows and at least this way we can see what kind of a handicap your working with so maybe the constant needling will slow down on you or something in streams. (those nukes)

1596560101.png

It's dorm internet, so it's shared with a TON of people, and there's 6 of us in my room. I can't even stream 240p on youtube. Oddly, I can usually watch livestreams on lower/medium settings without much issue, and AE PC is more or less fine even if rb and kak bitch about my connection a lot. I play against satyamdas without major issues.

I need to see if there's anything I can do.

Dirtbag

He may be captain blando to most of y'all but Nova is my favorite addition. His play style immediately clicks with me.

Vergil is like a much easier Dante. I love it

shaowebb

God's Beard said:
lolz, I couldn't even update my player data with my 1 win, connection lost.

edit: yup, 0 wins 0 losses

1596560101.png

It's dorm internet, so it's shared with a TON of people, and there's 6 of us in my room. I can't even stream 240p on youtube. Oddly, I can usually watch livestreams on lower/medium settings without much issue, and AE PC is more or less fine even if rb and kak bitch about my connection a lot. I play against satyamdas without major issues.

I need to see if there's anything I can do.
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. That should be your sig or something beard. Thats shit. Can you get a private line or anything? The dorm my wife went to in college let you pay for more bandwidth or to get a private line if you wanted setup. You should check on that shit.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Kyoufu said:
Is it even possible to beat the CPU on Very Hard?

Sentinel, H crH, occasional hyper, win. I basically made a team of Sentinel, Nemesis, Hulk and had Nemesis shooting rockets in between the beams, just locks them down. Then I lost to galactus and swapped Hulk for Phoenix Wright because I wanted the title for him, you can beat the two silver guys without getting hit. I ended up sneezing galactus to death.

Kyoufu

Great games PS3 scrubs. Enjoying the game more now although I'm terribad with Dante. Going to check out some guides.

Papercuts said:
Sentinel, H crH, occasional hyper, win. I basically made a team of Sentinel, Nemesis, Hulk and had Nemesis shooting rockets in between the beams, just locks them down. Then I lost to galactus and swapped Hulk for Phoenix Wright because I wanted the title for him, you can beat the two silver guys without getting hit. I ended up sneezing galactus to death.

Team Armor!

shaowebb

Papercuts said:
I used Sent Chun li. THe drones kept them locked down for double air dash go behind into combos and DHC's.By the time I got done with DHC I was on Sent who pretty much did what you said using lightning legs as his lockdown to go behind for his stuff. Perfect guarding is kind of retarded in these games with AI. I'd rather the difficulty ramp up by the AI doing better combos and having better teams with better setups programmed into them.
Kadey said:
The very first UMVC3 GAF highlight. Q vs God's beard.

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/300202055

Does it look laggy to you guys? Because it doesn't to me.

LOL! Exposed for a fraud by Kadey.

What makes Nova better than, say... a train, which I could also afford?

In his reveal and walkthrough, he didn't seem like anything overly different or special, but in Max's video, I swear he blows someone up with pretty much Nova alone. Is it the air dash? Flight? Does he hit like Iron Fist? What's the deal there?

--

God's Beard could have had that, potentially, if he did Wesker's level 3 instead of phantom dance... :3

Dirtbag

corrosivefrost said:

In his reveal and walkthrough, he didn't seem like anything overly different or special, but in Max's video, I swear he blows someone up with pretty much Nova alone. Is it the air dash? Flight? Does he hit like Iron Fist? What's the deal there?

Great movement options. Easy combos, the timing on them are all loose and easy.
Hits hard. With a good assist, he is an absolute beast.

shaowebb

corrosivefrost said:

He can convert pretty much anything from anywhere into a combo and reset it with the range on all those OTG's. Throw? Fullscreen OTG slide into combo. Throws a bolt upwards and converts the hit into a high low for combo that OTG punches into an extension that goes forever in the air and then goes into air hyper.

He just has options for pretty much any situation to get a combo that goes for quite a time without a lot of help.

Good games Scrub 360 gaf! It was clear my execution could use alot of work. And I need to polish alot of combos up. First time really using the stick at length, nd I think I'm making progress

"There is a reason why they call me The First Avenger"

Ken

A Human Becoming said:
Going to keep the 360 scrub lobby going, but I'll be sitting out until everyone is gone. I've had my fill of getting my ass kicked for one night. If you want to join I'll keep checking my messages on xbox.com.

That was fun. Thanks for hosting.

goldlion054 said:
Good games Scrub 360 gaf! It was clear my execution could use alot of work. And I need to polish alot of combos up

"There is a reason why they call me The First Avenger"

Good games.

I messed up my Iron Avenger in one of those last few games and I had no idea what to do with Frank lol.

Ken said:
Good games.

I messed up my Iron Avenger in one of those last few games and I had no idea what to do with Frank lol.

Your Nova was pretty solid man. That combo is going to give me nightmares

Also, shoutouts to A Human Becoming for hosting. It was alot of fun and I look forward to playing with my fellow gaffers soon

shaowebb

Ultimoo said:
I saved Kadey's lobby from Q. be gone, Q!

nova is super good because he can convert throws from all ranges
Till you arrived he was feeding the room his McRib. Now he is gone to feed himself McRibs. Fear the return of his mighty sammich. LOL.

Teknoman

Seems like its actually ok to projectile spam at times...I thought that was frowned upon? Or is it if you just do that the whole match?

What's the best way to go from clueless/terrible/just-picked-up-the-game level to scrub level?

Meaning the limit of my abilities right now is doing your basic magic series combo, maybe launch them and do another magic series.

Arcade mode? Grind in training? Just go straight online and get blown up?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Teknoman said:
Seems like its actually ok to projectile spam at times...I thought that was frowned upon? Or is it if you just do that the whole match?

It's apparently okay if you're Hawkeye!

...fuckers...

Interficium said:
What's the best way to go from clueless/terrible/just-picked-up-the-game level to scrub level?

Meaning the limit of my abilities right now is doing your basic magic series combo, maybe launch them and do another magic series.

Arcade mode? Grind in training? Just go straight online and get blown up?

I've put like 20 hours into both MvC3's. And I'd STILL like to know the answer to this question.

SixStringPsycho said:
1596604122.png

Is this good or bad for playing this game? I get good games with little lag but I dont know if its me or the other guy
As long as the connection is stable. Try pinging a website with command prompt.

Type:

ping www.google.com -n 200

Press enter.
If the numbers are consistent, you got stable connection.

When the numbers are jumping around, you don't want that.

Cloudius12 said:
As long as the connection is stable. Try pinging a website with command prompt.

Type:

ping www.google.com -n 200

Press enter.
If the numbers are consistent, you got stable connection.

When the numbers are jumping around, you don't want that.
Wow just tried that and my ping goes from that to 113. and keeps jumping between them. Is there any way to fix this?

Teknoman

Seraphis Cain said:
It's apparently okay if you're Hawkeye!

...fuckers...

I've put like 20 hours into both MvC3's. And I'd STILL like to know the answer to this question.

I think my problem is, I worry too much about being fair, instead of just fighting to win.

GorillaJu

Man those speed test numbers are abysmal. I get pissed at lag in Japan and my speed test pinged me at 17ms and I got 65 m/b up/down. Surprised with the availability of quality online matches that Japanese players haven't left US in the dust. Though Guard Crush and WNF probably go a long way towards keeping people up on the latest techniques in the states.

SixStringPsycho said:
Wow just tried that and my ping goes from that to 113. and keeps jumping between them. Is there any way to fix this?
the -n 200 is only to have yourself ping google.com 200 times, you have 113.
Is your 113 constant? If it jumps between 114, 112, 115, it still good.

odd_morsel said:
Man those speed test numbers are abysmal. I get pissed at lag in Japan and my speed test pinged me at 17ms and I got 65 m/b up/down. Surprised with the availability of quality online matches that Japanese players haven't left US in the dust. Though Guard Crush and WNF probably go a long way towards keeping people up on the latest techniques in the states.
US needs to better their internet infrastructure. Not sure when that will happen all over US.

Ken

Interficium said:

I just learn one combo for each character and try to win with that.

Fuck you guys. Get Q to roll his ass over here and play me in person >:-(

Taunting me into playing a game with a random team on my shit ass connection just to record the inevitable conclusion is pretty low, even by Kadey's standards.

Thanks to Scythe, God's Beard and everyone else who gave me the Haggar/Dorm advice. I'll see what I can't do with him once I start playing the new game tonight. The video that you lined me to showed that he's got a hell of a lot of promise with the right assists. Arthur seems to compliment him well, which I love to see.

And I'm still thinking about putting the robot in last instead of Akuma. Now that the drones do a combo string, I could see that working in my favor.

After all, the way I have things set up now, Dorm eats most of my bars. It's probably best that I let Haggar on point, and then switch out to Dorm with a good amount of meter.

LakeEarth

Loving my Nemesis/Hawkeye/Doom team. They work really well together. Hawkeye/Doom have assists that help Nemesis and they have good DHC synergy.

With Hawkeye, I like staying midscreen, and doing the light maneuvers into ice arrow, and slide for the combo on hit confirm. Works out pretty well. I have a hard time opening people up in general though. Any other Hawkeye player know if he has any overhead options?

EDIT - ooh, Combofiend showing me that I can cancel slide with maneuvers! That's super helpful!
http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

Cloudius12 said:
the -n 200 is only to have yourself ping google.com 200 times, you have 113.
Is your 113 constant? If it jumps between 114, 112, 115, it still good.

US needs to better their internet infrastructure. Not sure when that will happen all over US.
Let it finish it says Minimum 62 Maximum 117 Average 97

Kyoufu

My win ratio shot up to 76% today. Feels good man. I don't feel comfortable with Dante who is my anchor :/ Need a solid third spot that can win me games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom