• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaX

Whoa. Either everybody got health nerfs between vanilla and this or the damage got upped pretty significantly. Even normal BnBs do massive amounts of damage now.

Also, Phoenix Wright is definitely a lot harder to use than I thought. But eh, Justin/Daigo wasn't made in a day, I suppose.

Also, there is something about Vergil that just isn't working for me. I can't really put my finger on it. But Nemesis is actually pretty fun to use, surprisingly enough.
I will not use Sentinel I will not use Sentinel I will not use Sentinel

Sir Garbageman said:
So can someone explain to me the rationale of nerfing She-Hulk's slide to the point it's the worst in the game?
Because Hawkeye.

EDIT: Getting blown up online by an extremely Laggy connection sucks, but being able to find your center then run it back... Then taunt... Then leave... A feeling that can never be beaten.

For anyone interested, Haunts posted my Team Building Guide:
http://iplaywinner.com/umvc3-team-building-guide/

Edit: Oh, it looks like he posted it already, and people are enjoying it - great!

Hahaha, Dormammu officially has the best "get off me" ability in the game, even better than Double Lariat... :-D

paul187 said:
What are dorms new fly combos.
Check my Dormammu thread on SRK.

Hey Q, if you don't have the guide, here's an X-Factor + Luminous Body combo with Firebrand:
[qcf.L, c.H]xinfinity

What's Morrigan's new bnb? Her damage seems better now at least. I dropped her from my team really early in the vanilla days, but I was pleasantly surprised my old super basic combo with her does over 500k now.
The one in the guide is:
j.S, c.MH, f.H, j.MMH, qcf.H, qcb.S, dash, j.HS, c.H, s.S, sj.MMH, dp.M, Finishing Shower. Does a little over 600K. Connecting the j.HS after the air dash is really frustrating.

What does it mean by push forward. Does it mean I go out of blocking and press assist at the same time as I push forward on the stick?
Yup.

God's Beard said:
Ok this is getting stupid, I can't block anything and lag spikes makes characters practically invisible. I'm only playing one more, my internet is so ass.
Are you sure you're not just adjusting to the training dummy fighting back? I kid, I kid!

my nova is getting decent, but most of my wins are coming from those XF3 Sent and Ammy comebacks. :p
I'll take XF3 Wesker over XF3 Ammy.

In any case, I can't believe people are getting amped about this. Playing this game online is such a joke.
The netcode is good now...

Is every newcomer the new she hulk or what?

Karsticles said:
Are you sure you're not just adjusting to the training dummy fighting back? I kid, I kid!
I play in tournaments and I have training partners... :-(

I'm not good enough to do really well in the bigger SF locals, but SOON. That, and art school gets in the way a lot :/

I should just drop out like gootecks.

Kyoufu

Dat x-factor combo

TqDB4.jpg

striKeVillain! said:
Has anyone wound up getting their Best Buy pre-order code yet? I've been waiting all day but still nothing. :/
Nothing here. I've been checking my Spam folder as well. Would have ordered from Amazon, but I had a gift card.

TDLink

So playing Ultimate online the last few days I have discovered the following:

Shuma is awesome and really fun to play with.

Iron Fist just kills things if he gets a hit confirm.

Thor needs more play from everybody.

That is all.

mr. puppy

Banned
has justin been streaming? i've been trying to see him play and what teams he's feeling but i've got nothing except Filipino Champ playing an awful Ghost Rider.

RS4-

Lol played this chump named "T r a n c 3 Jay" who is 42-0 with a 21 win streak, as soon as he's about to lose, he quits.

FSLink

Banned
Mr Touchdown said:
Because Hawkeye.

EDIT: Getting blown up online by an extremely Laggy connection sucks, but being able to find your center then run it back... Then taunt... Then leave... A feeling that can never be beaten.
Yeah, though I enjoy managing a Turnabout comeback, then taunting. :D

RS4- said:
Lol played this chump named "T r a n c 3 Jay" who is 42-0 with a 21 win streak, as soon as he's about to lose, he quits.

You'd be surprised how many people do this. Sometimes, I'd see a guy with a ridiculous record so I think, "maybe I'll learn a thing or two from this guy."

Nope. He sucks. Then quits.

RS4- said:
lol ragequitters. I remember there was a site where people could submit photos of that shit for SF4.

Bizazedo

I am really enjoying Nova as anchor. Trying to not get addicted to his speed and playing super unsafe is hard, though.

Most satisfying win so far was against an Iron Fist / Hawkeye / Arthur teamed. He had beaten my old main team from vanilla a few times (he's really good with his keep away squads, actually), so I tried my new squad.

Hawkeye and Arthur can't stop the Nova Force :).

Takuan

Prototype-03 said:
You'd be surprised how many people do this. Sometimes, I'd see a guy with a ridiculous record so I think, "maybe I'll learn a thing or two from this guy."

Nope. He sucks. Then quits.
Online gaming in general has proven to me that many people are, at heart, sore losers and poor winners. Some of the shit I've seen and experienced playing people online would simply not fly at the arcade back in the day.

OSHAN

Takuan said:
Online gaming in general has proven to me that many people are, at heart, sore losers and poor winners. Some of the shit I've seen and experienced playing people online would simply not fly at the arcade back in the day.

It's easy being a dick when you're not standing next to the person.

mr. puppy said:
has justin been streaming? i've been trying to see him play and what teams he's feeling but i've got nothing except Filipino Champ playing an awful Ghost Rider.

It's up next week, when he returns from NY. According to him he doesn't want to play vanilla characters till NEC, so chances are you wouldn't be seeing him at his best. At the moment his first team seems to be Felicia/Storm/Shopping Cart....... I really hope that he stops this Frank West as an anchor crap because his Frank West play was disgraceful.

RS4-

SolarKnight said:
AND he‘s Brazilian? Those are the two things I hate running into online combined.

Uh, no offense to you BR guys, it‘s the connection with you I hate, not yourselves >.>

and mexico.

:(

DSmalls84

My copy of UMVC3 should be coming in the mail today. Can anyone point me towards a site where I can learn the basics and get a tier listing of the characters?

RedNumberFive said:
Nothing here. I've been checking my Spam folder as well. Would have ordered from Amazon, but I had a gift card.
You can follow this thread for the most up to date info. I PMed them my information on the site, just waiting to see what I hear back.

Link: Click here

kirblar

Sir Garbageman said:
So can someone explain to me the rationale of nerfing She-Hulk's slide to the point it's the worst in the game?
I think they wanted to make it harder for her to get in (due to her high damage output) because she's intended as a grappler- they went after her spammable low L as well, but they ended up taking her too far.

Do Taskmaster's arrows just totally ignore throw scaling?

I've only played on release day so far, but damn my connection was terribad.
Felt like I was floating when I jumped.. But managed to get two unranked wins with a scrubby ass Firebrand/Akuma/Nemesis team.

Need to work on that synergy though. Didn't feel right, lol.

Love cancelling Firebrands bnb's into different hovers, then mixing up with either dive kick or Bon Voyage. Gonna try that Luminous X-Factor troll later too.. haha

RS4-

SolarKnight said:
*cough**cough* *points at location*

...Yeah, I hate fighting my own kind most of the time too.

lol! We play games just fine. Its just you know...those other fellas.

I've played this other guy on ranked a few times, he's somewhere in Canada but his connection goes from 5 bars to 2, to 1, to 4, to 5, etc.

I think he should fix that.

LakeEarth

matics said:
I've only played on release day so far, but damn my connection was terribad.
Felt like I was floating when I jumped.. But managed to get two unranked wins with a scrubby ass Firebrand/Akuma/Nemesis team.

Need to work on that synergy though. Didn't feel right, lol.
I see you have Akuma mid and Nemesis last. Have you tried flipping them around? I can see Akuma assist helping Nemesis, but not really the other way around. Plus Nemesis hypers do a ton of damage, DHCing from Firebrand may offset the red guy's lack of damage.

V_Arnold said:
I am halfway through your article, and all I got to say is this:
Thank you. An amazing, helpful article. I am simply amazed. This info is really hard to get by if it were not for creative minds like you. Thank you.
Thank you.

LakeEarth said:
I see you have Akuma mid and Nemesis last. Have you tried flipping them around? I can see Akuma assist helping Nemesis, but not really the other way around. Plus Nemesis hypers do a ton of damage, DHCing from Firebrand may offset the red guy's lack of damage.

Makes sense. I'll try it out tonight.. Thanks!

Kyoufu said:
I looked at leaderboards the other day and some guy had a 200 win streak. lol
There's a way to cheat and remove losses from your record. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk about it, so I'll just end it there.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Karsticles said:
There's a way to cheat and remove losses from your record. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk about it, so I'll just end it there.
If i see someone with a huge ass win streak and almost no loses my first reaction is. "Man this guy sucks ass."

Edit: wait wtf? LOLLLLL you can fucking cross over after taskmasters command grab in the corner now. *this lets you do other things*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom