• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

xero273 said:
hmm the feeling of getting exposed... it hurts.. i got blown up so bad last night.

/goes in corner and cries
Don't worry about it. For awhile my internet on vanilla was terrible and the matchups never made since. I got hit with a cosmic lord at 9th ranger when I was on same rank and just sort of gave up. Then I realized that it doesn't really matter if you get blown up a lot. Its just a game. After that I started going into ranked anyhow just to see the combos some of these mismatches would have and ESPECIALLY to see the setups they were using to force me into them.

Getting blown up can be like the biggest tool you can have sometimes because it'll tell you real quick who you don't know how to handle, and what you rely on too often. Its one of the reasons why even though I'm still scrubby because I never get lab time to grind out combos that I did well on scrub-gaf matches and got like 8 or 9 in a row wins. I'm not stylish but I was heavily trained on matchups, blocking, and basics by getting constantly blown up. I study the metagame enough to know what works even if I can't perform it myself yet.

Just relax and try not to get so torn up online. Laugh and enjoy some of the really crazy shit you might see. I still can't believe the Phoenix on point + Dormammu guy I was lucky enough to get rematch blown up by with one night. Fucking beautiful.

Teknoman

_dementia said:
You have to search for them. The three slots correspond to LMH inputs.

Thats what I was doing wrong lol. Kept searching with L+S instead of M and H.

Also for mashing hypers, can you just mash one attack or does it have to be all 3?

Kyoufu

Karsticles said:
There's a way to cheat and remove losses from your record. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk about it, so I'll just end it there.

This game has an awful method of saving. I cringe every time I have to wait for the game to update my file. Ugh.

Teknoman said:
Thats what I was doing wrong lol. Kept searching with L+S instead of M and H.

Also for mashing hypers, can you just mash one attack or does it have to be all 3?
You can do it with just one, but more are better.

Ken

How do I get more hits with Nova's rocket hyper thing? His reveal trailer showed it hitting multiple times but when I do it it only hits once.

Kyoufu

thundr51 said:
Curious, 360 or PS3 for this? I already have vanilla on 360.

Whichever console you have friends on that play the game too. Or pick a console and join GAF's groups.

I have a question: Does advanced guard reduce/nullify chip damage?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Karsticles said:
There's a way to cheat and remove losses from your record. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk about it, so I'll just end it there.

Is it a cheat? I thought there was actually an option to wipe your stats completely.

TGMIII

Why are the menus in this game so fucking bad. Move to online mode, wait a second. Finish the match, forced to watch a fucking cutscene. Go back to menu, it updates your rank, then it saves.

So much downtime that's unneeded.

Mupod

AnkiRendan said:

UDON Taskmaster not until FEBRUARY? What the hell, man.

And that GR 2099 alt looks better than it did in the scans/ripped images from the game. Still didn't seem quite right to me but after I saw this:

114983-174926-ghost-rider-2099_super.jpg
GhostRider_DLC_64836_640screen.jpg

I guess it does look like him. Really wish they gave him the badass hoverbike though.

awwyeahgurrl said:
Why are the menus in this game so fucking bad. Move to online mode, wait a second. Finish the match, forced to watch a fucking cutscene. Go back to menu, it updates your rank, then it saves.

At least we get a rematch button

Also a menu to not check DLCs

Kyoufu

awwyeahgurrl said:

Yeah, I can't stand it. :(

Going Viewtiful Joe/Rocket Raccoon to guarantee a lack of wins. I'm already terrible at the game, might as well make it even harder. Now to just decide on that last anchor spot to give me some kind of chance.

voodoopanda said:
Going Viewtiful Joe/Rocket Raccoon to guarantee a lack of wins. I'm already terrible at the game, might as well make it even harder. Now to just decide on that last anchor spot to give me some kind of chance.

Hsien Ko

awwyeahgurrl said:

lol japan sucks at saving your game

dankir

LegatoB said:
They've already announced the bundle, actually!

How much?

Another question, I was under the impression that people who bought MvC3 would get the DLC pack from that game for free in Ultimate.

Do I just get it from the marketplace or what? I keep getting the notice once it checks for downloads that it's available.

dankir said:
How much?

Another question, I was under the impression that people who bought MvC3 would get the DLC pack from that game for free in Ultimate.

Do I just get it from the marketplace or what? I keep getting the notice once it checks for downloads that it's available.
That was a false rumor.

Bizazedo

I don't understand why they stagger the releases / run them out for such a long period of time. You'd think it'd be better to strike while the iron was hot?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The Broken Ska Record said:
Man, I don't know if I should buy everything as it comes out, or just wait for a mega-pack in a few months.

Edit: March, eh? I'll just wait then.

If no one have any alt costume dlc then it will cost 44 dollars for buying it on release date.

55% of money saved if you want for March 6 like I will.

gyrspike

Neo Member
mr. puppy said:
has justin been streaming? i've been trying to see him play and what teams he's feeling but i've got nothing except Filipino Champ playing an awful Ghost Rider.

Justin Wong was on the Big Two stream(new name for Guard Crush) last night. He was playing around with a Iron Fist/Nova/Frank West team.

gyrspike said:
Justin Wong was on the Big Two stream(new name for Guard Crush) last night. He was playing around with a Iron Fist/Nova/Frank West team.

howd getting frank west to be a tatsu assist turn out for him?

dankir said:
They look the same to me :S
http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2011/319/Dante_DLC_13547_640screen.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2011/319/Vergil_DLC_93791_640screen.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
oops. I thought you meant character based wise. I can't argue that they don't look the same visually.

IntelliHeath said:
If no one have any alt costume dlc then it will cost 44 dollars for buying it on release date.

55% of money saved if you want for March 6 like I will.
I just have the Vanilla costume pack and the New Age of Heroes pack from pre-ordering from Amazon. I can wait a bit before I get everything else.

Lothars

Pai Pai Master said:
Damn, that's a long wait for the bundle but I'll wait. I'd be down for a "season pass" if we could pay $20 now and get all of them.
same here, I will be getting it anyway so I would be down to do the same thing.

Anth0ny

gyrspike said:

He said on his twitter he won't play vanilla characters/teams until majors. His Iron Fist is pretty godlike though, I wouldn't be surprised if he kept him around.

On another note, anyone have a high damage, easy Vergil BnB? So far, I've got:

L M H Stinger S H S a.M a.M helm breaker high time

I know I could combo high time into Dimension Slash, but I don't know how. Something to do with his teleport?

Giard

I'm thinking of using Captain America, Sentinel and another char...but I'm not too sure if Sentinel should be second or third. Third perhaps for X-Factor?

N4Us

I just noticed something: Strider, Doom and Sentinel are all in the same costume pack together. Hmmm....

edit: "Americans really want Talbain" *no one in comments knows who that is*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom