• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
GG everyone.

But I'm gonna have to lay low for a bit. I'm so ass at this game.

Need to focus on one team and actually learn moves rather than just spam. Although even when I know moves i fuck up and die.

I got in with Strider and then tried to throw by mistake...instead of a combo.

Fail.

Oh well. Even when getting my ass kicked I had fun although I think even Scrub Gaf is better than I.

:(

See yall later when Gaf rises anew.

Gonna train...or play Skyrim

Spin, I'll play you someday. But your Hawkeye is some scary shit. The PSN gods saved me from an epic beatdown

Teknoman

Knux-Future said:
GG everyone.

But I'm gonna have to lay low for a bit. I'm so ass at this game.

Need to focus on one team and actually learn moves rather than just spam. Although even when I know moves i fuck up and die.

I got in with Strider and then tried to throw by mistake...instead of a combo.

Fail.

Oh well. Even when getting my ass kicked I had fun although I think even Scrub Gaf is better than I.

See yall later when Gaf rises anew.

Gonna train...or play Skyrim

Spin, I'll play you someday. But your Hawkeye is some scary shit. The PSN gods saved me from an epic beatdown

Sometimes scrub GAF rooms are kinda mixed, so you might have an even balance of both or just all scrubs.

Knux-Future said:
My Hawkeye is ass. I keep dropping shit. =_= But yeah, I'll be around later so we'll definitely get some games in. Take care.

Edit: Happy birthday by Degen just now. Hot damn.

Kyoufu

demosthenes said:
Noob question again. When doing the special (just X), sometimes my character auto jumps and sometimes they do not, why is this?

If you hold X (or up) you'll auto jump. You can turn it off in options.

Degen said:
hey guys got any nemesis/hulk/sentinel team strats??

Degen

Kyoufu said:
"what strats?"
GsrZj.png

mr. puppy

Banned
jesus fucking christ if i read 'frank's assist is the new tatsu' like everybody is pretending they just didn't jack the line from justin wong i'm going to punt a kitten

Morphis

So what's the word on the netcode? Better, worse, same? I ask because the less than ideal netcode was why I didn't get into MvC3 as much as I'd liked. Here in Euroland (Netherlands) there's no scene anywhere really close, so online is the only way I get to play against others. Kind of a dealbreaker for me.

Speaking of Europe, any English or Scandinavian players here? I'm wondering if it's even popular enough around here, is the online populated?

Kyoufu

Degen said:
"what strats?"
GsrZj.png

I was doing so well 2 nights ago. WTF happened? :lol

I look forward to our games tonight if you're going to be on. I say we do a late night Mahvel session while GAF is down!

Morphis said:
So what's the word on the netcode? Better, worse, same? I ask because the less than ideal netcode was why I didn't get into MvC3 as much as I'd liked. Here in Euroland (Netherlands) there's no scene anywhere really close, so online is the only way I get to play against others. Kind of a dealbreaker for me.

Speaking of Europe, any English or Scandinavian players here? I'm wondering if it's even popular enough around here, is the online populated?

I too, didn't get into MvC3 due to the netcode. Thankfully UMvC3 is much improved. Very fun online.

Ultimoo said:
disregard one hit attacks, use super armor to win games?

He isn't serious!

Dartastic

spindashing said:
You're posting on GAF while playing?

Man, I'm so salty right now. Lol.
Wait a second. You're on PS3? And your shit keeps dropping? Fuck. How are we going to have our chicken battle? P.S. I got someone to stream it also sooo yeah.

Also, GAF. YOU NEED TO DETERMINE WHICH CHARACTERS ARE MORE KFC AND WHICH ARE MORE POPEYES. LES GO

#teamPopeyes

FindMyFarms said:
holy shit, FUCK magneto's level 10 trial, just figured out you have to SJC the last S into gravity squeeze. I didn't even KNOW you could sjc his S, had to dick around for like an hour until i figured it out :/ Why does capcom expect you to just know this stuff???
Man, and you call me a scrub.

Ghost Rider's character model was really well done. I'm looking at it in the Character Bios mode and I said goddamn.

Dartastic said:
Wait a second. You're on PS3? And your shit keeps dropping? Fuck. How are we going to have our chicken battle? P.S. I got someone to stream it also sooo yeah.

Also, GAF. YOU NEED TO DETERMINE WHICH CHARACTERS ARE MORE KFC AND WHICH ARE MORE POPEYES. LES GO

#teamPopeyes
Only in lobbies. In other type of matches, my stuff is good.

Yo, let's go. I'm ready now. =(

edit: Oh, you're 360?

Teknoman

spindashing said:
Ghost Rider's character model was really well done. I'm looking at it in the Character Bios mode and I said goddamn.

Only in lobbies. In other type of matches, my stuff is good.

Yo, let's go. I'm ready now. =(

Dartastic said:

#teamPopeyes

I want to watch this.

Mupod

demosthenes said:
So when I'm in mission mode trying combos and such. When the CPU blocks, is it random or is it b/c I'm not doing the combo fast enough?

If it's blocking mid-combo, it wasn't a combo.

'not fast enough' is one of several reasons it could be screwing up.

Kyoufu

demosthenes said:
So when I'm in mission mode trying combos and such. When the CPU blocks, is it random or is it b/c I'm not doing the combo fast enough?

If you mess up in any way then the CPU will block, so don't worry about it and just focus on getting the combo down. If you do it as intended, nothing will go wrong.

vg260

Guide status update.

Amazon now shows "Usually ships within 4 to 6 weeks." My order status now shows estimated delivery of 11/22. Still not "shipping soon" but the date is better.

I expect they will be going out soon. Saw the exact same thing happen with my MvC3 guide and Batman AC guide. They get crazy huge delay notices on expected release dates as they're getting in stock and updating their system. It just looks bad for a few days in the process. I got both of the above the week following. Funny as how Amazon started off w/ books, but they're way slower than the games now.

so is anyone playing today (right now)/later tonight?

I'm bad at mahvel (ask solarpowered) so maybe someone equally bad can help me get better

anyway I have it on 360 gt:drubski

Degen said:
hey guys got any nemesis/hulk/sentinel team strats??
I am free as hell to those characters.

I thought the latest runnin sets would be relevant to my interests since Marn stole my team, but I didn't learn much from it. Marn needs to level up!

FSLink

Banned
demosthenes said:
CPU blocks = too fast,
Your moves don't come out = too slow. Usually how it works.

Seraphis Cain said:
Thanks for the advice. That's another problem of mine, though. I just go through the combo inputs in my head as I'm doing them, but my reaction time isn't fast enough to stop myself if I'm being blocked. And I suppose there's no real strategy to fixing that. I just have to work on it.
Use Zero! :D

3-hit standing C, 3-hit forward C gives you all the time in the world to see whether they're blocking and go into launcher if they're not.

Teknoman

viewtiful_dru said:
so is anyone playing today (right now)/later tonight?

I'm bad at mahvel (ask solarpowered) so maybe someone equally bad can help me get better

anyway I have it on 360 gt:drubski

You on the Mahvel tag? I wanna try to get a lobby together every so often so I can get better too. Not really bothered if its mixed skill levels too, since I just need to get better in general after having spent time with slower paced fighters recently.

FSLink said:
CPU blocks = too fast,
Your moves don't come out = too slow. Usually how it works.

I can get up to about mission 7 for all the characters I've tried so far but then chaining the longer ones down just bogs me down. Or the combo going on, I can't do it fast enough or slow enough.

Using the dpad on the DS3, what does everyone here use? I've been thinking about getting a fight stick for a long time for PS3/PC, does it make night/day difference?

Teknoman said:
You on the Mahvel tag? I wanna try to get a lobby together every so often so I can get better too. Not really bothered if its mixed skill levels too, since I just need to get better in general after having spent time with slower paced fighters recently.

yeah, I should be. Are you on now? what's your name on there?

2&2 said:
Guide status update.

Amazon now shows "Usually ships within 4 to 6 weeks." My order status now shows estimated delivery of 11/22. Still not "shipping soon" but the date is better.

I expect they will be going out soon. Saw the exact same thing happen with my MvC3 guide and Batman AC guide. They get crazy huge delay notices on expected release dates as they're getting in stock and updating their system. It just looks bad for a few days in the process. I got both of the above the week following. Funny as how Amazon started off w/ books, but they're way slower than the games now.

Mine started out with a delivery estimate of 11/18 but then I got a delayed until Dec something email. Bummer

Lord Phol

This game is fricking hard, my respect for fighting gamers has drastically increased.
It's very fun though, trying out the mission mode has taught me quite a bit even though some of them are near impossible to pull off D:.
Nova misson 8.. having trouble connecting with M after throw, and later on with everything that comes after the xfactor. An tips?

Smo21

Unconditional said:
Mine started out with a delivery estimate of 11/18 but then I got a delayed until Dec something email. Bummer

Check it again. On tuesday I got an email saying it got delayed to December. It arrived today.

Frantic

I think I've found my new main team - Vergil/Spencer/Dante. I used it on a whim during the lobby since Smurf wanted to fight a Vergil, and it's been working out for me incredibly well. I do think a lot of it has to do with Vergil being 'unknown' for right now, but we'll see. It's not like I'm using him masterfully. Still got a lot to learn about him.

My secondary teams will be team DMC(Vergil/Dante/Trish for now), team assholes(Dante/Frank/Deadpool), and team zone(Deadpool/Trish/Dante). Have a lot more team ideas, too, haha.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Lord Phol said:
This game is fricking hard, my respect for fighting gamers has drastically increased.
It's very fun though, trying out the mission mode has taught me quite a bit even though some of them are near impossible to pull off D:.
Nova misson 8.. having trouble connecting with M after throw, and later on with everything that comes after the xfactor. An tips?

I'm constantly missing the last hit into hyper on that combo. The M is very tricky as well. Seems a lot easier to connect an LM...after that so that's what I'll be doing in matches.

Lord Phol said:
Wait a half second before hitting the M. Just pause briefly, then throw it in.

Dunno what to tell you for the rest. x_x I did it on the fly myself.

But a tip, after hitting the Nova Strike OTG, quickly X-factor. Nemesis should be in the air (bounced off of the ground) for you to connect the Centurion Rush M etc.

Lord Phol said:

Personally, I found Nova's trials relatively simple, which mission was that? Maybe I can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom