• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frantic

I've learned the Spencer's s.L hits immediately behind him. I had Doom Hidden Missiles going off right behind me, I hit s.L, hit the guy in front of me AND hit Doom behind me. I mashed on it like five times in a row and got five hits on Doom before he dropped on the s.M. It was pretty funny.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Tried out the online for the first time last night. Got paired with Viscant for my first game, then Dios X for my second. Changed the rank filter to "same" so that I could actually get my 5peat achievement out of the way without incident, lol. Netcode feels just as lousy as the original release, so I'm glad I didn't bother to get my hopes up.

Haphazardly fought my way to 3rd place at a local today with a day 1 Hawkeye on anchor. I suffer from choice paralysis when I play that guy; so many arrows to choose from that it takes me forever to pick the right one for each situation.

shaowebb

Credit to Red Arremer.

smlGs.jpg

xtW1y.jpg

mSpe2.jpg

Just quoting this so folks will see it tomorrow. This is the 104 heroes and herlads cards whose art was found on the UMVC3 disc by the guys who cracked it to play the DLC alts early. These aren't scans they're screens so its safe to post them. I got the list of pics off Kavitee's posts on Shoryuken and Red Arremer (Becquerel is that you?) labeled them.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Welp. I just forgot you could even mash supers, hahaha. Wow.

Which one do you mash for Nemesis and Phoenix Wright? Is PW's seriously Maya? That's fucking retarded, because you typically use her hyper to collect evidence...unless that counts as mashing or something.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
No, i'm talkin about supers

LOL Yeah It's dumb they should of just made the supers do the max damage they do if they wanted to up the damage on supers for everyone. Such a pointless mechanic. BTW farms I found an almost inescapable set up for firebrand :D *and by that I mean you have about 1 or 2 frames to react.

Welp. I just forgot you could even mash supers, hahaha. Wow.

Which one do you mash for Nemesis and Phoenix Wright? Is PW's seriously Maya? That's fucking retarded, because you typically use her hyper to collect evidence...unless that counts as mashing or something.

I don't think he has one, and if he does it probably is Maya. It's not like he needs a mashable hyper anyways. AFAIK, Nemesis doesn't have one either.

Oh hey btw GAF, Dallas is going to start experimenting with streaming. Our tournament tomorrow is going to be streamed by boomgorillas @

http://www.twitch.tv/boomgorillas

Hope yall catch by and take a peak! If you dig around the channel you can see some vids of our local ranking matches where I'm at the top of the list for AE and umvc3 bwahahaha (cuz i mash buttons)

shaowebb

I don't think he has one, and if he does it probably is Maya. It's not like he needs a mashable hyper anyways. AFAIK, Nemesis doesn't have one either.

Wait...why would it be Maya? Aren't you free to act during later parts of that and doesn't she stay on the screen if you DHC? Maybe I'm wrong here...if not though my guess would be the Judge hyper of his for a mashable. I haven't really been playing much these last few days... I honestly had to work on a colored section for my portfolio so I've been rather busy here at the computer instead of upstairs at the console.

Also does anyone else notice you can juggle with certain moves after Iron Fist's Fist of Fury hyper in the corner? I know you can link it into other hypers or lvl 3 stuff without x-factor, but I'm trying to find a way to link it into a launcher again. I don't think he can do it because the moment they touch ground they'd be teching out, but maybe pop 2 rekkas to setup his wall bounce dragon kick rekka to come out?

I dunno...like I said I've been busy but if anyone's played with this setup please let me know your findings of what you can throw around normals or otherwise to keep them juggled. I'd like to find a way to use this to extend things without making him go full meter whore.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Also does anyone else notice you can juggle with certain moves after Iron Fist's Fist of Fury hyper in the corner? I know you can link it into other hypers or lvl 3 stuff without x-factor, but I'm trying to find a way to link it into a launcher again. I don't think he can do it because the moment they touch ground they'd be teching out, but maybe pop 2 rekkas to setup his wall bounce dragon kick rekka to come out?

I dunno...like I said I've been busy but if anyone's played with this setup please let me know your findings of what you can throw around normals or otherwise to keep them juggled. I'd like to find a way to use this to extend things without making him go full meter whore.

Edit- oops I can't read

Wait...why would it be Maya? Aren't you free to act during later parts of that and doesn't she stay on the screen if you DHC? Maybe I'm wrong here...if not though my guess would be the Judge hyper of his for a mashable. I haven't really been playing much these last few days... I honestly had to work on a colored section for my portfolio so I've been rather busy here at the computer instead of upstairs at the console.

I only assumed Maya because of the fact that it does a bunch of hits. It feels like an eternity since I've used him, but I'm sure that he has no mashable hypers.

In other news, I think I found the team I'm comfy with. VJoe/Frank/Ryu.

kirblar

I only assumed Maya because of the fact that it does a bunch of hits. It feels like an eternity since I've used him, but I'm sure that he has no mashable hypers.

In other news, I think I found the team I'm comfy with. VJoe/Frank/Ryu.
Pretty sure you cannot mash a hyper if you can move during it.

Finally got this game yesterday and was playing around online and playing with some of my fave characters.

I love some of the new additions to the game, especially Hawkeye and Ironfist, I struggled to get used to Phoenix Wright's or Frank's playstyles but im sure with time I can master them. Firebrand is a beast and one to look out for sure.

Netcode is actually well done, there's been some lags despite getting green bars but overall, not had much of a problem and played a lot of matches and only losing otu to a pro-Wesker player who Xfactored and killed my Ammy and Hawkeye in like 10 seconds.. bah!

Overall, great upgrade to an already fun game!

most likely I will change my mind after getting my ass handed again by gaffers, but for now I am sticking with Dante/Vergil/Wesker. I am going to make it work!

I swear these maskable hypers are a conspiracy. An inside deal Capcom has with the stick manufacturers so that controllers break down at faster rates. It's genius.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
After messing with xfactor luminous firebrand for an hour straight.... I'll just say the rest of the game feels slow as shit now.

That's a top tier team as far as I can tell. Go nuts.

Team trench coat is one of the best right now.

Do you guys have any tips? I am a real beginner

Using the 3 of them really force to rethink my assists for Dante and Wesker. For now I am using Weasel Shot and the handgun for Wesker for OTG purposes (if I can remember to use it). I find Vergil's assist to be unimpressive, but now I use the slash cut where he charges to the front.

I am really going to try to get into the mind set of using OTGs, this way I think it helps to learn really basic combos while being able to extend them. I have been struggling to learn extended combos for any characters by themselves.

A big reason why I can't make up my mind about the team is because when I play Gaffers I run into many different tactics, and I especially struggle against zoning, even with me using teleports, so having an assist like Doom or Frank really helps. And Hawkeye is soooo cool too. And I find Ryu easy to use in terms of damage within limited combos.

After messing with xfactor luminous firebrand for an hour straight.... I'll just say the rest of the game feels slow as shit now.

you are a meanine with luminous firebrand

Zissou

I think I've finalized my team of Doom(beam)/Dante(jam session)/Strider(vajra). Does anybody know of any good Dante guides/tutorial videos/whatever? I don't mean for combos- there's a ton of resources for that sort of thing, but what about guides for how to actually play Dante, do mix-ups, and that sort of thing? I used doom for most of vanilla, so I'm pretty comfortable with him, and I'm learning strider at the same time as everyone else so I'm sure his forum will be active on SRK with people discovering new things and sharing technology, but where's the best place to go to learn effective Dante tactics for someone who is a relative beginner with the character?

GorillaJu

A lot of people really hyping Nova as a top character, but I can't seem to win with him - I've been clinching out victories online with Frank West, but when Nova comes out I get stomped.

Any tips to open my eyes? I'm playing at a lower level than a lot of you but could still probably understand if you have some advice.

My team right now is Nova, Frank West and Trish. It's not working out the best but I've tested their DHC compatibility and it works out well - you can do a 3x super starting from any of the three characters.

A lot of people really hyping Nova as a top character, but I can't seem to win with him - I've been clinching out victories online with Frank West, but when Nova comes out I get stomped.

Any tips to open my eyes? I'm playing at a lower level than a lot of you but could still probably understand if you have some advice.

My team right now is Nova, Frank West and Trish. It's not working out the best but I've tested their DHC compatibility and it works out well - you can do a 3x super starting from any of the three characters.

Did you check out this Nova guide? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-FxeWXrnUo

I haven't tried him yet so I really have no clue or any advice with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom