• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

Can someone give me a complete list of OTG assists? I'd like to see if there is any of them I'd be willing to put on a team.

Akuma - Hyakki Gojin
Arthur - Fire Bottle
Dante - Crystal
Dormammu - Liberation
Deadpool - Katarama - Ground Bounce
Doom - Hidden Missiles
Felicia - Sand Splash
Firebrand - Hell Spitfire
Ghost Rider - Heartless Spire, Hellfire
Hawkeye - Trick Shot
Hulk - Gamma Wave
Iron Man - Smart Bomb
Iron Fist - Crescent Heel - Ground Bounce
Sentinel - Rocket Punch
She-Hulk - Torpedo
Shuma - Mystic Ray
Storm - Double Typhoon
Skrull - Stone Smite - Wall Bounce
Task Master - Vertical Shot - Not conventional at all, more like an anti-air
Viewtiful Joe - Shocking Pink
Viper - Seismic Hammer
Wesker - Samurai Edge
X-23 - Ankle Slicer
Phoenix Wright - Get Em Missile

I may be missing some but someone can fill in the holes.

The system data section of the guide is so good. Leagues beyond the vanilla section.

I wish there was a list of all the assists that cause hard knockdown.

Check the SRK forums - I gave a list of assists I found to work. Molecular Shield does better than Hidden Missiles.

Do tell.

I need to figure out more first. It's... kinda weird and not practical right now. I think I can get a free left/right guess on any incoming or jumping character, though.

So Galactus mode...

Waste of space. I really wish they gave something good to vanilla owners dammit

It's not even that you got galactus mode for having it... you just got the waste of galactic space mode unlocked from the beginning. :lol

Am I correct in saying that I don't see Ken or Nero in those H&H card pics?
I saw Lady from DMC, but don't recall seeing any other DMC or SF characters.

Ixian

I'm always down for some scrub matches on either system ("Douglas on Live" on XBL, "nekura" on PSN). I typically play on Xbox 360 so I need some sort of heads up if any PSN users want to play.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I don't even understand why Galactus mode isn't versus. Like, let me play against a friend. Shit doesn't even have a move list. We played it once for lulz and were quickly over it.

Every single time I pick Frank West's shopping cart assist, I hear the MvC1 announcer's voice say, "Colossus."

omfg! striders teleport dive kick assist is such bullshit.

ugh...it truly is. lol.

Did Dante's c.L always miss Storm when she was in the corner? I was practicing in the lab, and that shit would miss way more than it should.

Also, I'm note sure how I did it, but what is with her flying into the background in some instances, when she does Hailstorm?

More like Iron Fisted, amirite?

spin just assaulted dude

I've had enough getting my ass kicked for a bit.

GG Spin, Matt and even if we didn't play Solune.

I need to figure out how not to suck

Oh you're right it doesn't. Back to the lab I go!

Want to play, non-scrub?
ggs as I've stated before. Any good online Doom tutorials?

You.

Scrub.

AHAHAHAHA.

It's a trap, fellow scrubs. spindashing is coming for you! RUN.
Like I said Iron Fist got Iron Fisted.

Dude didn't even land.

But the way I see it as long as I kill one (or two with Strider level 3 crazyness) thats my moral victory right now
u_u Ok, I guess I really can't be a scrub anymore.

It's just in my group of friends that play, I'm the least experienced. I guess I should get my butt kicked in the big leagues now.

I'm still not that great, I need to learn how to get in and stop dropping Hawkeye combos. =(

Shouts out to Ultimoo for that Nova centurion rush OTG into Nova ball super. It's so clutch.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, I still can't come up with a third character I'm comfortable with for my Haggar/Ghost Rider team. Right now I'm sticking with Hawkeye for the cheese, but I'm not that good with him. Maybe I need to get off my high horse and stop ignoring Ryu and Akuma just because scrubs kick my ass with them online. u_u

Man, I still can't come up with a third character I'm comfortable with for my Haggar/Ghost Rider team. Right now I'm sticking with Hawkeye for the cheese, but I'm not that good with him. Maybe I need to get off my high horse and stop ignoring Ryu and Akuma just because scrubs kick my ass with them online. u_u

choose a hot chick character

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Holy shit that buster cancel Zero has now is absolutely amazing. Ran into someguy who did Raikosen M which crossed me up, cancel into buster then Raikosen L into full combo. This shit started at superjump height, so lame.

Is it really? I've ignored Doom's character changes into Ultimate.

If there's anything else out there, please assist me.

See what I did there?

I'm trying to find a good third myself. I think that third is Doom.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I was in a lobby last night and witnessed some crazy ass doom loops that looked braindead retarded with constant footdives and relaunches, then he TAC'd into MODOK and got 4-5 analyze cubes to bounce them while midair.

I've never even seen someone use modok, but this guy made him look like a beast.

Dropping Taskmaster?

Dude goes in when your Hawkeye somehow dies.
I'll have to break the Taskmaster + Hawkeye bromance. Doom is just so sick. I haven't touched this guy in Vanilla so I'll be behind in the technology.

Afterwards, do standing H and then his level 3 to win the game.
Good god.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5i53-BvmLc&feature=player_embedded

This is why Nova will be good. And not even showing off of all of Nova's trijump options.

Which includes ADD+j.L, ADDF+jM, ADDF+j.H whiff then s.H, and sj ADDF+j.L*2.

Nova has tons of tech to his character. Sure you can use the basic stuff but he has some really advanced stuff.

LOOK, AEGIS SHIELD SET UPS!
GOOD GOD.

Who's the best fit for a Task / Nova squad out of the following:

Ryu
She-Hulk
Trish

Half of the fun of this series imo is messing around with all the characters, assists, DHCs etc to see what gels.

Neki

I found a setup where I can turn Magneto invisible during a THC. I like this game.

for mutant kind!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5i53-BvmLc&feature=player_embedded

This is why Nova will be good. And not even showing off of all of Nova's trijump options.

Which includes ADD+j.L, ADDF+jM, ADDF+j.H whiff then s.H, and sj ADDF+j.L*2.

Nova has tons of tech to his character. Sure you can use the basic stuff but he has some really advanced stuff.

LOOK, AEGIS SHIELD SET UPS!

I can do the basic unfly fly combo half the time, and I can do the rocket punch loop 90% of the time now. need to keep working at it!

Who's the best fit for a Task / Nova squad out of the following:

Ryu
She-Hulk
Trish

Half of the fun of this series imo is messing around with all the characters, assists, DHCs etc to see what gels.

Ryu can be a life saver. You can catch so much shit with his hyper...just do not and I repeat do not try it close range. You will get punished hard.

Trish would make you a zoning fiend too though.

Just not She-Hulk. Nerf stick was not kind to her.

Don't sleep on Ryu -- ProfessorBeef has singlehandedly used him to come back as an anchor -- his simple LMH x MMH x tatsu x shinku is beastly, especially on that XF3.

--

Good God @ that Nova tech. Makes me want to try him when I finally get my copy.

Ryu can be a life saver. You can catch so much shit with his hyper...just do not and I repeat do not try it close range. You will get punished hard.

Trish would make you a zoning fiend too though.

Just not She-Hulk. Nerf stick was not kind to her.

Yeah. She-Hulks are kind of barren in Mahvel now that she got hit with the nerf stick.

Combofiend let go of her, it's time for everyone else to do the same.

rexor0717

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom