• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I still can't come up with a third character I'm comfortable with for my Haggar/Ghost Rider team. Right now I'm sticking with Hawkeye for the cheese, but I'm not that good with him. Maybe I need to get off my high horse and stop ignoring Ryu and Akuma just because scrubs kick my ass with them online. u_u
Ryu is amazing. Don't go lumping him in with scrub players.

shaowebb

Just finished watching. All hail the Combofiend. Seriously , this guy...

http://youtu.be/npHDxSvwCE0

Dear God at the 1:26 moment when he's riding one hit of chip equaling death and in the last seconds beats jumping doom lasers with zipline Bionic Arm. So Godly!.

I found a setup where I can turn Magneto invisible during a THC. I like this game.

Again I say this to one of your posts...

Sweet. Post that shit. I don't care if its via Webcam, a buddy's cell phone...whatever. Just show it online where we can view this stuff for real. Seriously. This is the 3rd post in several days where you've mentioned tech, I've mentioned filming it, and you've not responded with a reason why you're not doing it. If you got tech and skill offline thats awesome, but not showing it off just makes things after your blowups online seem like big talk. It looked like you could perform combos on occasion, but you say online hurts your game.
Fine. Film your offline stuff for tech/combo vids then and redeem yourself man. This is your chance to prove folks wrong man...don't blow it off.

I think I've graduated out of the GAF Scrub Leagues, if that's what you're implying.

I'm not a girl scrub, not yet a woman pro...

I just like giving you flak. ^_^

I'm not sure what the scrub level is like -- who knows, I might get kicked out and into intermediate quickly myself. At least if the casuals I played with in MvC3 were any indication. :lol

Dear God at the 1:26 moment when he's riding one hit of chip equaling death and in the last seconds beats jumping doom lasers with zipline Bionic Arm. So Godly!.

Sweet. Post that shit. I don't care if its via Webcam, a buddy's cell phone...whatever. Just show it online where we can view this stuff for real. Seriously. This is the 3rd post in several days where you've mentioned tech, I've mentioned filming it, and you've not responded with a reason why you're not doing it. If you got tech and skill offline thats awesome, but not showing it off just makes things after your blowups online seem like big talk. It looked like you could perform combos on occasion, but you say online hurts your game.
Fine. Film your offline stuff for tech/combo vids then and redeem yourself man. This is your chance to prove folks wrong man...don't blow it off.

I don't have a camera or a capture card. I used to make big posts with recordings of Dudley stuff when I used the SSF4 thread but my camera broke. I don't really know what I'm redeeming myself over. I've said this dozens of times over the past couple years, but I don't mean anything by the stuff I post. I couldn't really care less what GAF thinks about my play. I don't miss any of my combos offline, casual or tournament matches. That's enough for me.

I got news for you.

I can turn Hawkeye into an actual Hawk using a THC in the corner.

shaowebb

I don't have a camera or a capture card. I used to make big posts with recordings of Dudley stuff when I used the SSF4 thread but my camera broke. I don't really know what I'm redeeming myself over. I've said this dozens of times over the past couple years, but I don't mean anything by the stuff I post. I couldn't really care less what GAF thinks about my play. I don't miss any of my combos offline, casual or tournament matches. That's enough for me.

*rolls eyes*
This from the guy who blew up in a shower of salt over everyone not believing him after the blowup the other day. I'm cool though if this means no more salt if you keep getting blown up online and take advice people offer though.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5i53-BvmLc&feature=player_embedded

This is why Nova will be good. And not even showing off of all of Nova's trijump options.

Which includes ADD+j.L, ADDF+jM, ADDF+j.H whiff then s.H, and sj ADDF+j.L*2.

Nova has tons of tech to his character. Sure you can use the basic stuff but he has some really advanced stuff.

LOOK, AEGIS SHIELD SET UPS!

Fuuuu...

Need to learn all this. I can do basic fly/unfly stuff fine but this blows that out of the water.

Just wish the guy put how much damage each combo did.

GGs Solune.

Surprisingly you were a beast even with input lag. Holy shit. Swag Spencer combos, Doom loop, and Vergil can be a good combination.

PS. Vajira so good lol

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna be glad when everyone's unbanned. I think most of them were 360 players. Hope that'll be enough for some occasional 360 stream lobbies seeing as you're mostly catering to psn Mahvel at the moment. That said, big props for doing this in the first place but I'd been looking forward to participate for a while.

V_Arnold

BY2K

Membero Americo
Guess what, got the game!

My PSN is Bogue2kw and I better see you guys online so
I
you can kick my ass.

Seriously, you guys are going to kick my ass, I'm a total noob at this. But for some reason I love MvC.

Anyone here a bit salty about the characters that appear in the upcoming Heroes and Heralds DLC?

In before "Megaman."
Not just Breath of Fire, but particularly Nina, and not even particularly Nina, but Breath of Fire 2 Nina, was acknowledged. I allowed myself to wish for this only as a wild and groundless dream, yet here it is before me...

Anyone here a bit salty about the characters that appear in the upcoming Heroes and Heralds DLC?

In before "Megaman."

GcQaH.png

*rolls eyes*
This from the guy who blew up in a shower of salt over everyone not believing him after the blowup the other day. I'm cool though if this means no more salt if you keep getting blown up online and take advice people offer though.

No, I've just stopped playing online entirely.

Damn, you got trolled hard, son. Haha! I'm sorry.
Trolled hard? How? My most desired character got acknowledged. She's in a dead series that, unlike Darkstalkers, has no hope of being revived. It wasn't even a popular series when it existed, and she's not a main character. Yet she has a cameo in this game! That's fantastic.

Sissel card, aw yeah.

I've been getting wrecked constantly in ranked, mainly because I'm stubborn. Think I have about 40 loses to 3 wins. Whee!

If the PS3 is free when I get home, I'll join that lobby to rack up that loss count some more.

deim0s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5i53-BvmLc&feature=player_embedded

This is why Nova will be good. And not even showing off of all of Nova's trijump options.

Which includes ADD+j.L, ADDF+jM, ADDF+j.H whiff then s.H, and sj ADDF+j.L*2.

Nova has tons of tech to his character. Sure you can use the basic stuff but he has some really advanced stuff.

LOOK, AEGIS SHIELD SET UPS!

Holy shit what's that?

Can anyone please explain or link me to a notation/terminology used. Clearly a noob here. I know (i think) j is jump, sj - super jump, L, M, H is the attack... but s? ADD or ADDF? (something down down forward?)

Just got online... and got face bashed to the ground hard. Saw and amazed that Capt. America juggle me around like some wet t-shirt! Can beat two characters but not teams for a win.

Need LOTS OF PRACTISE. :/

Holy shit what's that?

Can anyone please explain or link me to a notation/terminology used. Clearly a noob here. I know (i think) j is jump, sj - super jump, L, M, H is the attack... but s? ADD or ADDF? (something down down forward?)

Just got online... and got face bashed to the ground hard. Saw and amazed that Capt. America juggle me around like some wet t-shirt! Can beat two characters but not teams for a win.

Need a lot of practise to do. :/
In that notation s means standing. s.H = standing H, for example.

ADD = air dash down.

ADDF = air dash downforward.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Seeing how everyone in ranked is handing me my fucking ass, I guess its time to join scrub GAF. Add me on PSN, Im on the east coast and I wanna get some matches in :D !

PSN: Xavipants

I mean really, every single player on ranked is OTGing the fuck out of me, wtfff. I feel like a turd. I still have a big problem with the whole 2 combos and youre dead gameplay, but oh well.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Seeing how everyone in ranked is handing me my fucking ass, I guess its time to join scrub GAF. Add me on PSN, Im on the east coast and I wanna get some matches in :D !

I mean really, every single player on ranked is OTGing the fuck out of me, wtfff. I feel like a turd. I still have a big problem with the whole 2 combos and youre dead gameplay, but oh well.

Well look at it this way. You have 3 dudes. So it's more like 6 combos and you're dead!

If you want you can join Kadey's Stream, http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe#/w/2104956896
The skill level ranges from noob to pro though. Seems full atm however :/

Trolled hard? How? My most desired character got acknowledged. She's in a dead series that, unlike Darkstalkers, has no hope of being revived. It wasn't even a popular series when it existed, and she's not a main character. Yet she has a cameo in this game! That's fantastic.

Ah, well, yeah, that's a good positive and realistic way to look at it.

My number one requested Capcom (Strider) character and Marvel (Doctor Strange) character got in, but seeing my second requested characters (Gene/Ms. Marvel) as cards makes me sad face.

Oh wells~ There's always Uncanny Marvel vs. Capcom 3~
Kappa.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom