• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

Yipes rockin' some meeeean jorts.

The production values on this stream are superb! This is some MLG level stuff, I'm impressed.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I wish my Vergil was even close to Yipe's level. I can't seem to do super after doing that H launcher after a combo. Is there some trick to it or something?

MLG has nothing on the FGC in terms of activity. They can have the more viewers and what-not but we have more activity within threads and forums.

Nikashi

Banned
Anyone have a good general (non character specific) strategy to get in on a Sentinel with a Doom h. missles assist? Got stymied by one a few times today.

Otherwise having a ton of fun, add my gamertag (Nikashi) for some friendlies, I'm scrubby but learning.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Anyone have a good general (non character specific) strategy to get in on a Sentinel with a Doom h. missles assist? Got stymied by one a few times today.

Otherwise having a ton of fun, add my gamertag (Nikashi) for some friendlies, I'm scrubby but learning.

Jump.

I wish my Vergil was even close to Yipe's level. I can't seem to do super after doing that H launcher after a combo. Is there some trick to it or something?

MLG has nothing on the FGC in terms of activity. They can have the more viewers and what-not but we have more activity within threads and forums.

Use qcf+MH instead of qcf+LM, or quickly tap H to teleport cancel at the top of your uppercut and then do the super.

QCF+ MH

It's basically option selecting the H into teleport and then does the actual hyper

Is this an invite only event? The venue looks small and there doesn't seem to be that many people there? can't imagine this would be the turnout for Ultimate- unless people are still working things in the lab.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks HK and Parallax.

This is one game where fundamentals will only get you so far. Learning the intricacies is a must. I tried playing the game like SF way too much and keep getting hit by random stuff. Have to get use to things. Doing good for someone who knows absolutely nothing though.

Yipes needs to drop Vergil and go with Wesker.

Vergil is strong - but the whole hit confirming and can't cancel on whif normals is always goign to prevent Vergil from being better than Dante/Wesker.

Razor210

So...Taskmaster's pressure game got really buffed thanks to being able to cancel Mighty Swing. If you do crouching A, B, standing c, forward H, and cancel right into his diagonal arrows, you end up positive on block, and you can pretty much repeat that all the way to the corner (just modify it to his down arrows in the corner). If they pushblock the swing and try to punish, your momentum keeps going forward thanks to the arrows, and you just continue. It gets better - against a crouching opponent, if you do that sequence but use the down arrows, you'll actually glide right over them and your arrow will cross them up - and you just continue from the other side.

fake edit - i'm pretty sure if you just did crouching A into mighty swing into diagonal arrows, there's no real way to pushblock without having to worry about being counter hit.

Looks like Yipes is going to win himself 798$. Good shit for a local tournament.

(.70 x 640 + 350 bonus) I assume the 64 man slot max was filled with 10 dollar entry making the pot 640.

My local tournaments only give 1st place a 100 bucks =(

shaowebb

LOL I know you are not total shit, I'm just goofing around most of the time. What people can't tell from streams or spectating is when you play God's and there is like almost a half second delay on everything you press. No online for you God's til you get an apartment or something later xP

This is why I want him to post vids of himself doing his stuff in offline play on youtube or something. If he's got a bad connection cool, but if he outright refuses to show anything to anyone ever then I really can't understand all this. I mean how hard is it to simply film and show us some proof?
Hell I'll celebrate good combos or tech from folks when they show it, but its just irritating me lately that he keeps up the attitude, but refuses to back it up with any proof. Just show us what you got in the lab Beard. I'm cool with him if he'll just prove to us he has got what he says and its his connection screwing him over, but getting angry at folks for not believing him when he can't do it online and the stream he was recorded on looked lag free to all of us? Please.

All he needs is to post a few combo vids and folks will leave him alone is all I'm saying. Why he refuses to give this a try when I suggest it I don't know...maybe its because its me suggesting it? I mean he sneared at the comment about how I thought he needed to practice getting inside with Nemesis and then like a day later announced that he was excitedly practicing ways to get inside after just sneering at the comment from me that he needed to do so the day before.

Got no clue what to think anymore. If you say there is some lag when you play him Q then fine, but it didn't look it from the stream or from the combos. If its there though its all the more reason for Beard to simply film himself from now on so he can stop yelling at everyone how good he is and wondering why no one believes him.

lol nobody cared when I posted my Dudley guide but this will fix everything? I can give you some combo notation or something if it's that big of a deal to you.

And I was practicing that nemesis stuff before I even went on Kadey's stream. I can barely remember who posts what other than about 3 people in this thread no offense.

Looks like Yipes is going to win himself 798$. Good shit for a local tournament.

(.70 x 640 + 350 bonus) I assume the 64 man slot max was filled with 10 dollar entry making the pot 640.

My local tournaments only give 1st place a 100 bucks =(

My crappy local is only 50 :-(

My good local is Southtown Arcade, though.

LOL I know you are not total shit, I'm just goofing around most of the time. What people can't tell from streams or spectating is when you play God's and there is like almost a half second delay on everything you press. No online for you God's til you get an apartment or something later xP

Damn? A half second delay on inputs? I thought the online was better in Ultimate than in Vanilla? So we're talking 30 frames of lag?

Damn? A half second delay on inputs? I thought the online was better in Ultimate than in Vanilla? So we're talking 30 frames of lag?

My connection is uniquely terrible.

tv9g0.jpg

This isn't the first time Gootecks has done this. He ran a tournament a year or so ago when Shizza was still playing; it was like a set of a game show or something. It was really nice.

Yeah, but it didn't turn into a weekly, or a monthly. The professionalism costs a shit ton of money. I don't think we're at the level yet to be able to do consistently do this.

shaowebb

lol nobody cared when I posted my Dudley guide but this will fix everything? I can give you some combo notation or something if it's that big of a deal to you.

And I was practicing that nemesis stuff before I even went on Kadey's stream. I can barely remember who posts what other than about 3 people in this thread no offense.

No. Not notation. Execution. If we see you actually do this stuff you mention and it works and hits full combo then your golden. Notation posts only go so far as whoever bothers to write it down and then checks it in the lab themself and thats subject to their execution skills. Those aren't in question, but your execution skills are and this is how you can end that Beard. Its why I keep mentioning it so you can stop griping and being doubted.
You show yourself playing the game as good as you say. Maybe folks will even learn from you if you got good enough stuff Beard. Either way notation doesn't work. Vids or nothing man. Get on that.

Smo21

Just saw some of that nova tech and it's similar to what I've been trying to do. I've been doing the rocket punch dash down part, but My combo was

launcher sj.m, jm,jh, rocket L, add down,j l,jm,jh, rocket punch, jl,jm,jh, rocket, land s sj h supernova. Sorry about the notations on my phone. Also been working on jump canceling launcher javelin and wave dashing to get a ground bounce mixup.

Smo21

I wish I could figure out how to do this correctly.

It's really fucking tight and prolly not worth it. Only works in the corner btw. I'm just gonna do the dash down h from here on out

Edit oh I missed a fly and lmh rep. Should be

launcher sj.m, jm,jh, rocket L, add down,j l,jm,jh, fly, lmh rocket punch, jl,jm,jh, rocket, land s sj h supernova.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah, but it didn't turn into a weekly, or a monthly. The professionalism costs a shit ton of money. I don't think we're at the level yet to be able to do consistently do this.

Gootecks is pretty much the only guy doing all of these things. Everybody is staying close to the mold already set. I like to see him succeed because he is truly passionate about what he does and he's always risking everything.
State many times already, people have their own ways of trying to drive forward the community but not really doing anything about it. The community needs more go-getters.

Shao. Leave the old man alone. Just let him ramble. You can take away a man's dignity but don't take away his fantasies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom