• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone in the UK manage to get a copy of the Brady games guide?

Game/Gamestation etc didn't have it and were not expecting to get it when i picked up the game on Friday and now Amazon have mailed me with "Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available".

Very frustrating :/

Is there a list or guide of combination hypers that last long enough for Frank to take a picture? I know Dante was the first people found, I found Deadpool and Morrigan on my own. Swear I got Chris to work, but it was just one time :/

Im really loving hawkeye and ghost rider is pretty fun too. I plan to take Ghost Rider/Hawkeye/Dormammu into ranked tomorrow and spam air S plus hawkeye triple arrow assist. Even in lag that should help me get that 5 win streak lol.

Neki

Is there a list or guide of combination hypers that last long enough for Frank to take a picture? I know Dante was the first people found, I found Deadpool and Morrigan on my own. Swear I got Chris to work, but it was just one time :/
ammy maybe?

Khal_B

Some of Vergil's current highest damaging combos are so finicky. Shit is pissing me off. Might have to wait until someone figures out something a bit more stable. Right I'm doing about 720k-750k with 2 meters, which isn't that great imo.

Neki

spectator mode has made marvel so much more enjoyable. before it was just 1v1 lobbies and ranked, but now I can actually stay in a lobby and have fun without playing.

Some of Vergil's current highest damaging combos are so finicky. Shit is pissing me off. Might have to wait until someone figures out something a bit more stable. Right I'm doing about 720k-750k with 2 meters, which isn't that great imo.

the only hard part about the vergil bnb is the teleport cancel of the up kicks into a super jumped j.MHS.

ammy maybe?
This one has been used in real matches for that purpose.

Others:
Tron Lunch rush
Hail storm
Hyper sodium force(maybe)
Magnetic shockwave(maybe)
Chireitou
Phoenix rage(maybe)

Off the top of my head...

Edit: Ammy's slow hyper probably opens up even more opportunities with the right setups.
spectator mode has made marvel so much more enjoyable. before it was just 1v1 lobbies and ranked, but now I can actually stay in a lobby and have fun without playing.
The very memory of people arguing about the subject makes my head hurt. This should have been a part of the Mahvel 3 games from the start.

Hopefully the game sells enough for Spectator to hold a decent audience outside of stream monsters and tournament players.

Neki

so I did all of Tron's missions, and it's pretty sad that 4 of them need the corner. just shows how much capcom screwed her up. :(

LordAlu

Did anyone in the UK manage to get a copy of the Brady games guide?

Game/Gamestation etc didn't have it and were not expecting to get it when i picked up the game on Friday and now Amazon have mailed me with "Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available".

Very frustrating :/
This happened to me too... and I work for Gamestation. When I raised a ticket with our help system they replied that the guide wasn't due till the end of this week.

Play.co.uk are still taking orders for the guide so I put one down with them. Was not expecting Amazon to just cancel it :(

Guys.

Anti-Zero strategies? How to deal with a overly aggressive Zero...

When the bugger gets in, I can't do anything. He doesn't leave me the hell alone! I like his buffs but damn.

Ashkeloth

Advancing guard. A lot. Wait for the right moment to counter attack. There will be one eventually.

Either that or try to catch them mashing after an advancing guard with a random super. Zero players get pretty mashy when they get in. As long as the super's relatively safe on block, you don't have much to lose.

h3ro

I hope that CC stream from last night was archived. I passed out during some of the later matches and would love to rewatch it.

Tyree

Neo Member
Ran into Combofiend online and played a bunch of games. Really pleased with my set team of Wesker, Doom, Strider. Still figuring stuff out tho. Might post some of the matches later.

Beware there is a fake Combofiend running around online. Combo doesn't own a xbox or play online.

ReiGun

Guys.

Anti-Zero strategies? How to deal with a overly aggressive Zero...

Accept defeat, turn the game off, and walk away.

But seriously, advance guard and zone him the fuck out. Watch out for cross ups (especially with that j.H). Eventually, the Zero player will press one button too many and you'll be free to kill his robotic ass.

rfhDq.png

CFRYi.png

smurfx

get some go again
Accept defeat, turn the game off, and walk away.

But seriously, advance guard and zone him the fuck out. Watch out for cross ups (especially with that j.H). Eventually, the Zero player will press one button too many and you'll be free to kill his robotic ass.
a good strategy against zero is using zero against him! :p

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I knew something was weird when I saw he had 20 wins/0 losses, but only a 6 game win streak. Sure enough, Dante Level 3 to close it out...

*Connection to other player lost*

sigh

Overall, I'm not pleased with how I'm doing in Ranked. I just feel as though I have less control over my characters or something. These slight tweaks have really messed with my rhythm.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Pretty sure I can use Frank West's camera shot, before Nemesis lands on them, after his rocket hyper. If you do it to early they'll pop out. Not sure if you have enough time to roll behind them, to try and mix them up.

Pretty sure I can use Frank West's camera shot, before Nemesis lands on them, after his rocket hyper. If you do it to early they'll pop out. Not sure if you have enough time to roll behind them, to try and mix them up.

Nemesis THC is really good, it lasts forever and that last hit tracks. With the right hypers and a fast point character, you can get a free reset opportunity with a left/right mixup followed by a corner mixup if it's blocked, with Nemesis being the corner for about a second. It's actually really interesting. I use it a lot. It's too bad Magneto doesn't have a wallbounce, it's hard to get the(midscreen only) left/right mixup when all my combos push them into the corner and it's hard to do dash under combos now because of the extra push distance on Magneto's jH.

It depends on the circumstances. In this situation, it would be God's Beard saying there's a way to make Magneto invisible. How the hell could anyone even begin to experiment toward that?

And in this situation, it's not even something most of us want to shoot for, it's just something we want to see. I don't play Magneto or want to play Magneto, but I'd love to see what God's Beard is talking about.

Ah, I forgot to reply to this yesterday. I wasn't talking about a glitch, but this THC setup. One note: With a lvl 2 THC, I can do 1 million damage by continuing after the hyper(making this an incredibly good way to kill off the point character because my combo builds 1.6 bars), and a lvl 3 THC forces the reset because Strider's hyper ends between the last two Nemesis hits, but pushes the opponent into the air where it's easier to track. With the right combo, I can force the opponent to super jump height, pushing Magneto completely off screen and no matter what direction they tech, Nemesis will track them. Magneto recovers long before they break out of hitstun, so I can wave dash under them when they can't see me. because the last nemesis hit causes a spinning knockdown, I get an easy hit confirm with Hyper Grav H into a free combo if they guess wrong. I can also do this off a raw THC to punish air dashes.

I didn't post this before because it's really wonky and doesn't work that well all the time, I'm still trying to make it consistent. Sometimes they seem to recover halfway up because my distance to the opponent changes the timing of Nemesis' missiles. That said, even then the amount of animals and explosions filling the screen still make it incredibly difficult to follow Magneto, especially for the 2nd mixup. Also, I think this is my best tech, so I didn't really want to share it.

I want to try this with a few other characters like Wesker, Dormammu and Zero(Dr.Strange can't teleport behind in the corner), whose teleports would let this setup work in the corner, although they would get considerably less damage off the initial THC and don't have the lvl 2 option. In fact, I'm considering Dormammu(liberation)/Nemesis/Strider as my backup team.

LakeEarth

I think it's time to give my Nemesis(b)/Hawkeye(a)/Doom(b) team a rest. It's a great team with a lot of cool resets and DHC synergy, but I want to put some time in some of the new people.

Might as well share some of the tips to this team before I leave them and forget:
- learn to love the hidden missle assist, so many people block too early leaving them wide open to a command grab just before the missles hit
- Nemesis has a great jumping d.hp move, but its hard to continue the combo, so send out hawkeye's forward arrows while you do it to extend the combo (probably would work with poison arrow too)
- after biohazard rush, you can DHC into every hyper Hawkeye and Doom have (if you're DHCing into Sphere Flame, let biohazard rush bounce a little, cause if you don't it will miss)

I might try out Nemesis/Frank West/Anchor for my next team. Get the first hit and Down THC into team hyper for easy level 4 Frank.

after watching the video, it just seems like you're not blocking. like at all. i think i even saw one part where you block the first 1 or 2 hits and then just decided to stop blocking during the middle of the blockstring. you know you can empty jump in while holding back, right? storm and sent have fairly good air mobility. storm can block during float, and sent can block during double jump. they both also have fly as well, but of course can't block during those.

like i said, chris has a hard time controlling the top of the screen. try super jumping up with storm, float, and call an assist. you can safely do this while blocking if necessary. you don't always need to be pressing buttons.

also, flame carpet belongs to dormamu. chris has his mine, but i don't think i recall him using it too often if at all. he went for the fire grenades, but thats used more for offensive pressure than keepaway defense.

wtf how do i beat jump back chris + ammy ice thing assist

I think the vid of me losing is online somewhere, gonna post it if i can find it

Ok found it!

http://www.twitch.tv/boomgorillas/b/300534118

It's at the 3:30 mark, teach me how to not suck please.

ugh, also wesker
You have three characters with solid air hypers. One of them is invulnerable and Sent's HSF comes out even if it is hit. You just need to practice your timing. You also can't get impatient. Ammy assist dies off a simple combo and her assist doesn't do much chip. Mixups with Cold Star+Chris are also pretty damn limiting. Just block or bait for the right hyper punish.

Hell, I don't even like calling Cold Star against Sent and I've played against the robot hundreds of times.

after watching the video, it just seems like you're not blocking. like at all. i think i even saw one part where you block the first 1 or 2 hits and then just decided to stop blocking during the middle of the blockstring. you know you can empty jump in while holding back, right? storm and sent have fairly good air mobility. storm can block during float, and sent can block during double jump. they both also have fly as well, but of course can't block during those.

The not blocking came from frustration + unfamiliarty vs. never playing chris before or the ammy assist. Also apparently i don't know how to stop sweet wesker teleport mixups.

Blocking weakness noted!

Also Storm can't float and call assist anymore :/
You have three characters with solid air hypers. One of them is invulnerable and Sent's HSF comes out even if it is hit. You just need to practice your timing. You also can't get impatient. Ammy assist dies of a simple combo and her assist doesn't do much chip. Mixups with Cold Star+Chris are also pretty damn limiting. Just block or bait for the right hyper punish.

Hell, I don't even like calling Cold Star against Sent and I've played against the robot hundreds of times.

Alright so with cold star assist, I was afraid to punish with hail storm due to gettin hit on the way up by chris, should I use the lightning super? What's teh start up on cold star?

Als yes, definitely need to be more patient

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
*sigh* Starting to get disheartened again. 39 wins/88 losses. So much worse than my Vanilla record (which still wasn't very good). I don't want to give up, but if I can't force myself to stop getting depressed after every little 10 game losing streak, I might have to.

Is there anyone here who has a worse W/L record than me, and still persists in playing? I could really use some advice on how to "keep my head up", as it were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom