• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh* Starting to get disheartened again. 39 wins/88 losses. So much worse than my Vanilla record (which still wasn't very good). I don't want to give up, but if I can't force myself to stop getting depressed after every little 10 game losing streak, I might have to.

Is there anyone here who has a worse W/L record than me, and still persists in playing? I could really use some advice on how to "keep my head up", as it were.

Are you learning from these matches? Losing is your best tool in learning. You just have to know what you're losing to. Are you being outzoned? Are they pressuring you? Are you push blocking at the wrong time? There's a lot of things to think about. If you have NO idea why you lost, I would recommend watching some videos.

ReiGun

Ugh, one week away from UMvC3 and I'm salty already. I watched yesterday's stream and want to pick up storm :(

image.php

Well...this certainly caught me off guard. lol

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Anybody on 360 Mahvel up for some games? I'm scrub tier (check Kadey's stream lulz), but I'm trying to level up, so it's whatever.

Solune

wtf how do i beat jump back chris + ammy ice thing assist

I think the vid of me losing is online somewhere, gonna post it if i can find it

Ok found it!

http://www.twitch.tv/boomgorillas/b/300534118

It's at the 3:30 mark, teach me how to not suck please.

ugh, also wesker

That first match was all Wesker. The second match was you not looking out for your shins =p + incendiary grenades. Like you said treat them like flame carpets and go for cross ups. Also a good tip to note is, if you hit Chris before the mine drops it'll explode and the liquid doesn't come out, and exisiting mines explode too. Best bet is to go for crossups against Chris.

LakeEarth

Vergil's online always teleport behind you. The first few times they'll use an assist to cover them, but they almost always slip up and do it bare after the second/third time.

I don't get that complaint, honestly: "Using the 'same combos.'"

If that's true, then it should be easier for you to find ways around it, right? Due to its high frequency, you'll be exposed to these BnBs more and figure out different ways to avoid them.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Vergil's online always teleport behind you. The first few times they'll use an assist to cover them, but they almost always slip up and do it bare after the second/third time.

I still can't react to that properly. With Dante I have the ingrained reaction to airthrow it nearly every time but Vergil catches me off guard.

LakeEarth

Maybe he meant "the same setup", which does get annoying if it keeps working. I lost to a Doom that kept spamming jumping S. "Let me try this to counter it... nope, there goes that character..."

I still can't react to that properly. With Dante I have the ingrained reaction to airthrow it nearly every time but Vergil catches me off guard.
You'll get it eventually. See blue flash, start spamming L.

JeTmAn81

Is it possible to counterhit Vergil out of Rapid Slash if it's done out of a blockstring? In otherwords, is there any kind of gap between the end of one of his normals and the active frames of Rapid Slash where you could hit him? Or is it just block or die?

JeTmAn81

You can definitely hit him out of it if he doesn‘t cover the attack.

Yeah but I'm talking about before it starts, not after. Obviously, all the good Vergils will be protecting the recovery with an assist or hyper cancel just like with Wolverine's Berserker Slash. The difference is, Wolverine couldn't lock you into having to block that move from 1/2+ screen away with huge sword slash normals.

Als yes, definitely need to be more patient
That and lightning super if you want to run Storm on point. You just need to get used to it. I don't have a better explanation because I don't rely on frame data when it comes to handling assists.

Also, more and more blocking.
*sigh* Starting to get disheartened again. 39 wins/88 losses. So much worse than my Vanilla record (which still wasn't very good). I don't want to give up, but if I can't force myself to stop getting depressed after every little 10 game losing streak, I might have to.

Is there anyone here who has a worse W/L record than me, and still persists in playing? I could really use some advice on how to "keep my head up", as it were.
Damn, I felt like shit when my W/L record dipped just under 60%. I know I wouldn't play the game if I couldn't win at least 50% of my matches.

You should try shaking your team up a bit. It is still early in the game's life and something as simple as changing team order could do the trick.

It'd help if you state your team.
I seriously lol'd when Viscant was talking about Wesker "losing his grip" on the tournament scene in that SRK wakeup podcast a few weeks ago. The guy was strong as hell and he got even stronger than before despite the gun nerf.

I look forward to hilarious Wesker shenanigans with glee(no salt here, genuinely excited to see the tears).

His teleport is so damned easy. I wish those were Strider's teleports instead.

dankir

Can somebody explain the timing for Nova's BnB. I cannot get it to work for the life of me. The one where you launch into H xx fly xx H xx unfly delayed H , etc.

Dude I got like 5 wins out of 58.

You are doing pretty well

God damn, Strider's Ouroboros sucks :/ I wish the satellite actually behaved the same way as Mvc2. But NOPE!

Activated lvl Ouroboros?
Get Comboed?
Satellite doesn't do a damn thing :/

Doesn't help the fact the opponent can push guard everything.

JeTmAn81

If you don't like losing on ranked, just do player matches or lobbies until you feel more confident. Then you don't have to watch your ranked win percentage plummet. So far I am 1-0 in ranked, having defeated someone called HONZO_GONZO in my first match :D

LakeEarth

LOL I am guilty of this, but I have no shame!
It's totally cool though. The important part is when the match is done, I stop and think of more ideas on what I should've done. IE, backdash with Nemesis and anti-air launcher, anti-air command grab probably, Hawkeye hyper if I have meter, etc.

Oldschoolgamer

Nemesis, I didn't realize it was random right off the bat. I have my notifications turned off, so I had no clue you sent me a message first.

My internet is terrible here. *sigh*

GG's.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Vergil still confuses me. I'm simply not used to his movements, his range, and his damage. When I get a hit in, I do everything possible to kill him because he's usually the problem for me every time.

I don't know if it's because it's online, but I can't seem to punish Rapid Slash or Helm Breakers for the life of me. When I see a teleport, I instinctively jump up and f+H, but then just get juggled by his enormous normals.

Neki

went in hard in kadeys lobby yesterday, so exhausted. Learned a lot of stuff and set ups though. Besting up beef never gets old though

Oldschoolgamer

Thinking back on a couple of matches I had with Nemesis...

How badly did they nerf rhino charge? He used it a couple of times and whatever button I had pressed with Frank either didn't activate it or gave me enough time to roll out of it mid swing and get behind Wesker.

I couldn't do it consistently, because I did get caught the next two times. If this was Vanilla, I would have died right off the bat. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom