• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Kadey add me on PSN so I can join up easier :p

Xavipants is the account

Oh btw, general question for stick people. Anybody reeeally struggling with the DP inputs? Obviously in SF IV I have no problems because of the shortcuts, but even in 3rd Strike Im a lot more consistent with a successful input than here.

This right here is why when I was learning stick (still am to some degree) I never used shortcuts, as said hit training mode and practice them tiger knees :D

Hey Kadey add me on PSN so I can join up easier :p

Xavipants is the account

Oh btw, general question for stick people. Anybody reeeally struggling with the DP inputs? Obviously in SF IV I have no problems because of the shortcuts, but even in 3rd Strike Im a lot more consistent with a successful input than here.

yea I messed my Dp motion alot.

Neki

Any chance of a 360 lobby going up on different days of the week Kadey? This way you could stream both our PS3 and our 360 sides of Gaf for showcasing and highlights.

I did FOREVER. Literally what they just said is the truth...you only get better with practice. I only got better because for the longest time around the early months I became obsessed with the idea of Jamming Bomb's in combos for MODOK having a lot of potential since they reverse the opponents inputs. Because of me wanting to come up with something cool I kept having to mash DP inputs to try ideas. Eventually I just got better at them. They still feel a bit sluggish as my Iron Fist play shows, but frequent usage helps a lot with any motion.

360 mahvel gaf doesn't exist, all you got is smurfx stomping newbs, amirite?

yea I messed my Dp motion alot.

I only have had a couple of hours with the game, but I noticed right away that DP seems tricky to get out now. I started out by practicing my Haggar resets and would get violent axe instead of hoodlum launcher half the time.

I never had problems like that in any fighting game I have played. The only way I can consistently get DP is to do Forward - Neutral (thumb off the pad) - QCF.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Alright, I've improved to 60/98 (yes, that's an improvement for me, :lol) and thanks to GAF'er Swmystery27 training me, I feel like I've gotten a whole lot better. I've learned to use assists far more effectively and just generally feel like I've leveled up. :D Still have a lot of work to do, of course, but I'm feeling much, much more optimistic now. :D

Alright, I've improved to 60/98 (yes, that's an improvement for me, :lol) and thanks to GAF'er Swmystery27 training me, I feel like I've gotten a whole lot better. I've learned to use assists far more effectively and just generally feel like I've leveled up. :D Still have a lot of work to do, of course, but I'm feeling much, much more optimistic now. :D

Good shit.

If one of us upgrades from scrub to badass I'll be happy.

it won't be me tho.

:(

shaowebb

Okay where is this magical "list" I keep hearing mentioned that people want added to on 360? Is there a link or something? Is there something I gotta input on my friends on 360? Am I just inputting every name as people post them?

Please someone tell me, because it just doesn't seem too organized...

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Okay where is this magical "list" I keep hearing mentioned that people want added to on 360? Is there a link or something? Is there something I gotta input on my friends on 360? Am I just inputting every name as people post them?

Word to this.

Also, Kadey's lobby has nice music.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Good shit.

If one of us upgrades from scrub to badass I'll be happy.

it won't be me tho.

:(

Are you on PSN or XBL? If PSN, I'd be happy to play some games with you (not tonight, as I'm busy the rest of the night, but tomorrow or so). My PSN is SeraphisCain.

EDIT: And make no mistake, I'm not trying to say I'm magically awesome at the game now or anything. Heh, far from it. I still have a whole lot of work to do. Especially on my defense. But still, I don't feel so depressed about my abilities/potential anymore.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

I hope people just use the MahvelGAF tag and send out invites whenever they start a lobby.

My quest for the 5 ranked wins in row trophy has ended in failure. You really have to play online with a different mindset and especially in ranked. Folks will try the cheapest damn crap to win. Teleporters are unblockable for me, even when blocking in the correct direction it doesnt register cause of the lag. Nothing worse than seeing Dante's teleport from a mile away and still not being able to block it. I also have to train my brain to do the most brain dead combos instead of my bread and butters. Its all just very frustrating and I want to get this trophy asap before more and more people get the hang of the game. I couldn't care less about my record I just want dat 5win streak =(

supasmashed

Neo Member
gg marvel gaf, man how do you deal with that joe rushdown? i was stuck in hitstun for eternity.

on another note, i try using dr strange's illusion counter but even if i get it they just continue their blockstrings and i get hit. is there a sure fire way to punish someone after the illusion?

Are you on PSN or XBL? If PSN, I'd be happy to play some games with you (not tonight, as I'm busy the rest of the night, but tomorrow or so). My PSN is SeraphisCain.

EDIT: And make no mistake, I'm not trying to say I'm magically awesome at the game now or anything. Heh, far from it. I still have a whole lot of work to do. Especially on my defense. But still, I don't feel so depressed about my abilities/potential anymore.

Already added you..or you added me.

I'm Roynell317.

also no as the Free One

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Ya know what...lets do this Six. Lets setup a lobby.
I'll be on in 10 minutes. Just send and invite if you see me around.

My quest for the 5 ranked wins in row trophy has ended in failure. You really have to play online with a different mindset and especially in ranked. Folks will try the cheapest damn crap to try to win. Teleporters are unblockable for me, even when blocking in the correct direction it doesnt register cause of the lag. Nothing worse than seeing Dante's teleport from a mile away and still not being able to block it. I also to have train my brain to do the most brain dead combos instead of my bread and butters. Its all just very frustrating and I want to get this trophy asap before more and more people get the hang of the game. I couldn't care less about my record I just want dat 5win streak =(
You have to take pre-emptive action against teleporters online. Against Dante, just keep an eye on him and get ready to air throw him the moment he disappears. Against Vergil, fish for his teleport with whatever jumping normal you have that has the best cross-up hitbox. Against Wesker, learn the distance on his teleport and get ready to stick out a c.L the moment he vanishes.

I share your frustrations, but a lot of online warriors tend to rely on unblockable lag teleports too much and get predictable because of it.

Oh that's you? Haha. Sorry, should have remembered that. :lol In my defense I'm terribly tired right now. Yeah, I'll play you here soon and see if I can offer some tips. :D

lol..I need a lot more than tips my friend.

I need a team right now.

Every time I think I have something going I get blown up.

Was Running a Deadpool/Dante/Strider team and that got owned.

But really it only worked because Strider XFL3 Vajra H owns everything and catches people.

I'm too much of a scrub/spammer to use Strider anyway but Hey i will train to get mediocre.

But first I need a team.

Gonna train with a fightstick sometime this week so I probably won't be online for real for a while...also Zelda.

But I'll give you a few free wins sometime. Just let me know

I'll be on in 10 minutes. Just send and invite if you see me around.

You have to take pre-emptive action against teleporters online. Against Dante, just keep an eye on him and get ready to air throw him the moment he disappears. Against Vergil, fish for his teleport with whatever jumping normal you have that has the best cross-up hitbox. Against Wesker, learn the distance on his teleport and get ready to stick out a c.L the moment he vanishes.

I share your frustrations, but a lot of online warriors tend to rely on unblockable lag teleports too much and get predictable because of it.

Thanks for the advice. I'm always scared with Wesker's cause I think they are gonna go for his H teleport so Im never crocuhing for fear of the overhead, but I'll keep what you said in mind. I'm just really discouraged at the moment. I'm not great or even good by any means but I honestly should have only lost a handfull f games out of the 30 or so I played. I just need to remember that most of the things I do offline aren't gonna get it done online.

smurfx

get some go again
360 mahvel gaf doesn't exist, all you got is smurfx stomping newbs, amirite?
won't be much stomping from me for a while. can't play too much because of work and when i get my stick i'm going to be getting used to it for a while. plus i'm going to pick up a new character and i want to get good with him before i play anything online.

Ryan Hunter has been hyping up his Doctor Strange, saying he's got some new stuff no one else is doing yet. He's not playing yet, but you should be watching Option-Select anyway:

http://www.twitch.tv/optionselect

Also here's a preview:

In the Lab with Ryan Hunter: Strange Tech - UMvC3

Wow thats some sick shit. I liked Dr. Strange from the little bit I've played with him but didnt know he was capabale of doing those types of combos. Definitely gonna have to watch the stream.

Are you guys on psn or live

LakeEarth

I had an enjoyable set. Ran into a Arthur/Haggar/Sentinel team that wrecked my shit though, couldn't even get close to him. But I rock a team with no teleport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom