• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to 7th Lord yesterday. Yay!

For some reason, I always get bent out of shape when I play Ranked (which is why I tend to not do it often). I play sloppier because I'm nervous, which is just silly of me. I've always been like that in Ranked fighting games, or matches where it "counts". Even in the arcade way back when.

Doom is a monster in this game. Not only does he have three of the best assists for team versatility, he's a beast on point now w/ mobility, damage, and divekick.

Same here, my heart beats crazy fast and I get really upset at stuff but once I'm done I cool off quickly. It was like that at the arcades as well. When it was my turn to play my palms were already super sweaty. By the time Im done getting these trophies that require online play Im sure I will have shaved off a few years of my life.

shaowebb

You know... I don't think I can play through this anymore.

These days, it's all combo cancel combo hitbox cancel hyper advance guard cancel ex.
I at least stood a chance sometimes in vanilla MVC3, but I just can't keep up with all that even through missions and training and that's why I keep getting destroyed. Horribly.

Yeah it gets kind of crazy with how many combos revolve around canceling something to give a move properties it wasn't normally capable of achieving. Just remember this when it seems overwhelming...two combos will kill any chacter in the game in most instances. Keep that in mind and you won't overwhelm yourself with the harsh stuff existing that you can't do and you'll be able to focus better on what you're good at, like doing, and how to set it up more.

zlatko

Banned
I'm getting set up now after my move, and finally managed to squeeze in like 40 minutes of training mode again.

Starting to get some more solid BnB's with Vergil. He's super god like coming from my Zero team of Vanilla and fits the same role, but just does everything so much better.

That's the only character that is a for sure on my team. I keep leaning more and more to Hawk Eye. I love his combos, I love his assists, and he fits the role my Sentinel played in vanilla for keep away.

What do you guys suggest for my third? I'm thinking Wesker, because he's just so damn good in this game.

The two characters I'd like to play more than anything are Magneto, and Iron Fist, but in my hands both can't reach their potential. I just plain suck at doing the Magneto pimp slap loops, never could in Vanilla either, and with Iron Fist I just never can open up anyone, even with two assist focused characters trying to back him up like Sentinel and Frank.

Anyone got some suggestions if I want to play Vergil/Hawkeye, and need a third?

I'm getting set up now after my move, and finally managed to squeeze in like 40 minutes of training mode again.

Starting to get some more solid BnB's with Vergil. He's super god like coming from my Zero team of Vanilla and fits the same role, but just does everything so much better.

That's the only character that is a for sure on my team. I keep leaning more and more to Hawk Eye. I love his combos, I love his assists, and he fits the role my Sentinel played in vanilla for keep away.

What do you guys suggest for my third? I'm thinking Wesker, because he's just so damn good in this game.

The two characters I'd like to play more than anything are Magneto, and Iron Fist, but in my hands both can't reach their potential. I just plain suck at doing the Magneto pimp slap loops, never could in Vanilla either, and with Iron Fist I just never can open up anyone, even with two assist focused characters trying to back him up like Sentinel and Frank.

Anyone got some suggestions if I want to play Vergil/Hawkeye, and need a third?

Wesker/Hawkeye/Vergil

Wesker can AA gunshot into full combo with vergil assist, or cross them up and do a safe command grab at the same time.

oh great. the ebay seller I bought from seems to be clueless. >_< my game hasn't even shipped yet cause they couldn't figure out that i paid for my copy of UMvC3 within a half an hour of the auction completing.

You know... I don't think I can play through this anymore.

These days, it's all combo cancel combo hitbox cancel hyper advance guard cancel ex.
I at least stood a chance sometimes in vanilla MVC3, but I just can't keep up with all that even through missions and training and that's why I keep getting destroyed. Horribly.

Looking at your avatar, I'm gonna guess you play Zero?

Keep holding the A button to charge your buster at all times. You can even charge it before the match starts if you put Zero first. It's one of the best projectiles in the game so use it every chance you get. You can do all your combos and special moves using just the B and C buttons. Low B and jumping C are your best normals to get in with, especially if you can cross them up with the jumping C.

I hope that helped a little...

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
yo, FUCK KFC. SWAG TO THE MAXIMUM.

utoei.jpg

Z7Np1.jpg

100 MILLION. 125 THOUSAND MILLION BILLION.

Gaf I got my 5 game win streak! It was an epic match and barely any lag. I was super nervous and my opponent was very good. He was rocking spencer/wesker/sentinel. He blew up my Dorm super fast with Spencer and I was ready to throw in the towel. But once hawekeye came in the tide changed. He put sent in and I was able to punish him and went into my combo and ended it with gimlet, xfactor, gimlet, dhc into maximum wesker. This put his sent in danger and one mix up and he was gone. In comes his Wesker and he puts the hurtin on hawkeye but I manged to dhc him out safely. He activates x factor and starts going crazy but I am somehow able to block everything. A little paitence and Im able to open him up and finish him off with a nice combo. In comes spencer and now im shitting my pants. I knew he was going to go for the zipline crossup into overhead so for fear of not being able to block it I just went balls out and used weskers lvl3 hyper and BAM caught him. I was shocked and on the edge of my seat but he still had about 20% health left so I just went nuts with teleports and got a lucky cr.l into combo and that was it. I'm so freaking happy right now, especially since that victory came against a competent opponent.

Whooo self-sufficient super easy 950k Bnb that starts off any Wesker hit ^_^

Has to be glasses-off, though :-(
Probably vortex the first character ending second combo with Maximum Wesker, then BnB the incoming character.

Oh yeah, I made this advanced bnb, but I don't like it because it's got weird links even though it's an easy hit confirm:

(glasses off)2L2M2H xx Hard Knockdown xx Teleport L, Low Shot, H(one hit) xx Low Shot, MH(two hits) xx Wall Bounce xx Teleport H, jH, 2HS, jMHS, Low Shot

does a little over 600k

What's your whole team and playstyle preference currently?
Dormammu and Morrigan (Dark Harmonizer) is a must. Other than that, I'm game for any options as long as the third character (point character) can do reasonably well against a variety of team combinations. Still messing with Firebrand.

Cloud and Kars. You can opt to get your PSN points now instead of having me send them.

Just message me on JTV.

PSN lobby up soon. I'm going to find a happy medium between the two quality options because I know for sure most people won't be able to watch the latter.
I'm cool with just waiting to get it in the mail unless it's an inconvenience for you. I appreciate the offer, though.

DR2K

Banned
ranked is such horrible practice. Ghost "Guaranteed OCV" Rider

How's all that armor working out for you?

He's pretty shit when you get in there with a proper rushdown character, very much like Sim. Only most of the cast can be played rushdown style.

smurfx

get some go again
I'm getting pretty good at zero's new relaunch in training mode. This better work online.
i did a whole bunch of stuff with zero's buster shot cancel and that lightning move and then went online and couldn't pull off one. -_- i always get dive kick. although i can't say i've put too much time into it either.

Rynge

Neo Member
Whooo self-sufficient super easy 950k Bnb that starts off any Wesker hit ^_^

Has to be glasses-off, though :-(
Probably vortex the first character ending second combo with Maximum Wesker, then BnB the incoming character.

Oh yeah, I made this advanced bnb, but I don't like it because it's got weird links even though it's an easy hit confirm:

(glasses off)2L2M2H xx Hard Knockdown xx Teleport L, Low Shot, H(one hit) xx Low Shot, MH(two hits) xx Wall Bounce xx Teleport H, jH, 2HS, jMHS, Low Shot

does a little over 600k

whats the 950k combo? :D

i did a whole bunch of stuff with zero's buster shot cancel and that lightning move and then went online and couldn't pull off one. -_- i always get dive kick. although i can't say i've put too much time into it either.

I have it down reasonably well, but not well enough to use in a match yet. The best trick I've found is remembering to put a small delay between the divekick, the buster, and the lightning.

Btw how do you relaunch with Hawkeye I don't get it

smurfx

get some go again
I have it down reasonably well, but not well enough to use in a match yet. The best trick I've found is remembering to put a small delay between the divekick, the buster, and the lightning.

use the ice shot to relaunch. the poison shot doesn't lift them enough. when in the corner you have to dash back a bit and then do it. when mid screen you can do the forward trick jump and ice shot them.

Degen

How's all that armor working out for you?

He's pretty shit when you get in there with a proper rushdown character, very much like Sim. Only most of the cast can be played rushdown style.
Dropped Nemesis like a bad habit and Sentinel is only there when I don't feel like using Taskmaster, to answer your question lol

Well aware that GR is free to a lot of things, but on Ranked you'd never know it

Ken

I do Shock Value and Slide to launcher since I'm not good at inputting Trick Shot -> Ice yet.

Giard

Had a match against someone with 80 wins, 7 losses. I was on the verge of beating him, he disconnected. Now I know why he has so few losses. :/

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Dropped Nemesis like a bad habit and Sentinel is only there when I don't feel like using Taskmaster, to answer your question lol

Well aware that GR is free to a lot of things, but on Ranked you'd never know it
I expected Ghost Rider to be difficult to approach.

Turns out that Delta Kick owns him for free.

It feels like I'm using the cheapest character in the game. >_> This is a sensation completely alien to me.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Im really surprised at myself with hawkeye

its been like 5 days with this game and im still not use to the Trick Shots.

My brain is fighting my muscles lol

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Im really surprised at myself with hawkeye

its been like 5 days with this game and im still not use to the Trick Shots.

My brain is fighting my muscles lol
I'm having the same problem. Somehow I keep getting mindfucked whenever I'm on the 2P side and usually use the wrong one.

Actually, in the long run, after people learn to use all of Ghost Rider's normals, no rushdown works on him. You will have to zone him hard. Or die.

He has attacks that cover every attack angle and the spike stops teleporters and he can cancel that into itself and backdash to set up a combo.

So Rider is free to zoning but shuts down rushdown much harder than what people think.

shaowebb

Does Nova's dash of death go through GR chain as well as projectiles? I've seen it do some ridiculous setups while ignoring people's keep away. If it goes through chain though I got another tactic online to use to keep Mr. Easy to Combo in people's faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom