• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol combo 3 in that japanese Magneto video was literally my BnB in vanilla

watching the rest now

edit: combo 7 looks really useful, but it does the exact same damage as my current bnb and less reliable

combo 9 is almost the same as my current BnB, but with less Hs and more Ms.

edit: finished watching, it's about what I expected. a lot of moderate-high execution loops that still do less damage than the alioune combo. pretty much any of them are reliable BnBs, though.

To do Alioune's Blast Loop, you have to do a dash forward when you land

You can also wait as long as possible after the dash before hitting the 2nd H, which I find a little easier than dashing.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Got the hang of a easy combo with Frank.

Also switched Captain America for Taskmaster. But I need a new button layout, the default one just doesn't work for me and how Taskmaster's arrow special work.

What's bnb?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

Also switched Captain America for Taskmaster. But I need a new button layout, the default one just doesn't work for me and how Taskmaster's arrow special work.

What's bnb?

I'm guessing you're playing on pad? What I did for Taskmaster when I was playing pad was putting the diagonal arrow hyper key combo (LH) on my left trigger.

dankir

What's bnb?

Bread N Butter. Combo's that you should know how to execute at the very least during a match. Good damage not super difficult but they'll get you by :)

So for the past couple of days, I have been tweeting the same message to Seth Killian in the hopes that he reads it and takes steps to add the feature to kick people from lobbies. It's probably not the most polite thing I can do, but at least it's something. I was wondering if some of you guys would like to help out or not by either retweeting or just bugging him on Twitter yourself.

I switched out Vergil for Sent during a set last night, and hoo boy is it easier to do Zero/Wesker mixups with a proper assist helping out. Imagine that.

I mean, I can sort of do mixups with Vergil's Rapid Slash assist, but it's no drones.

I'm also noticing that I zone with Zero a lot more in ultimate. I mainly play Zero for the rushdown, but I'll zone as long as it's effective, and it keeps on working. Which means I should really look into zoning assists. Vergil Rapid Slash is nice because it pushes them a full screen away on block, but it can get punished if you're using it fullscreen. Sent is also easily punishable.

Since I'm fairly set on Zero/Wesker as my mains for now, it seems like the ideal assist for a versatile team would improve both Zero's zoning and his rushdown. Doom Plasma Beam might be the best overall choice for that, but that would mean I'd have to learn fucking Doom. Hawkeye seems like another good choice. Arrows assist is no plasma beam, but he seems like a great anchor and does great damage in a Wesker THC. But I haven't really gotten the hang of using Hawkeye yet. Dr. Strange has them double beams and the eye of agamotto, so he might be worth spending some time on. Also Nova.

WHO SHOULD I USE GAF?

Anyone use a Madcatz Fightpad for this game? Any recommendations on control scheme?
I use a stick now, but a MC fightpad is a lot better than a standard xbox/ps3 pad for this. If you do arcade style layout:

L M H
S A1 A2

It's actually pretty easy to hit L+M or M+H with your thumb to do supers, and you can hit L+S with your thumb to do moves like Drill Claw. I think most pad players like to map one of the shoulder buttons to 2 or 3 attacks so you can tap it to dash and use it to do supers.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't that where Team Hyper Combo is?

Team Hyper combo is just assist 1 + assist 2. So if you get used to pressing both bumpers or wherever your assists are it's easily replaceable.

Calibrated

Neo Member
Just took me an hour to do learn how to do a zero combo and i could only do it once! Was really satisfying once it clicked though, gonna try it again now. It's is gonna be a long time before im any good at this...

Would Zero/Spencer/Doom make a decent team? Or Zero/Cap/Doom?

Anyone in euro 360 land add me for some games, especially if you are just learning too! GT is Calibrated.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
How's the lag in Euro - USA matches? I'm still learning the game and on the 360 but I'm in the US.

At worst I get a 3 bar connection, usually it's around 4 and fairly lagless.

Just took me an hour to do learn how to do a zero combo and i could only do it once! Was really satisfying once it clicked though, gonna try it again now. It's is gonna be a long time before im any good at this...

Anyone in euro 360 land add me for some games, especially if you are just learning too! GT is Calibrated.

Doom plasma beam should be real nice for helping your Zero get in. Spencer and Cap are both solid character but I'm not sure what sort of synergy they have with the other two.

LakeEarth

Someone on XBL found (or someone else found and is using) this brilliant way to get Frank to level 4. Do a million hit combo with Dante ending in million dollars (hit counter ~60-70), and then DHC into franks bottle rush hyper. If its midscreen, the hyper will whiff BUT he will recover and be able to take a photo before you hit the ground. Easy level 4.

Zero is a limited character to DHC from and into, if you are looking for a not so high execution character in the Zero/______/Doom slot you should look at Felicia and Taskmaster, these 2 have the best DHC synergy with Zero.

LakeEarth

Zero is a limited character to DHC from and into, if you are looking for a not so high execution character in the Zero/______/Doom slot you should look at Felicia and Taskmaster, these 2 have the best DHC synergy with Zero.
Also Ammy and Hawkeye, who both have awesome hypers for DHC synergy. I don't think there is more than a handful of level 1 hypers in the game that won't DHC into those two hypers.

Veezy

que?
Had this game for a few days and am hella scrub. No mic, but down for a PS3 lobby or whatever. I'm down to play whenever I'm on, including now. PSN: Veezy-F-Baby

So I picked this up a few days ago. Really enjoying it. Playing Iron Fist/Doom/Hawkeye.

Bear in mind I am a complete noob at this game, but I have a question regarding assists. What are the rules regarding when you can call assist expecially mid combos. Ive been using Iron Fist with the OTG assist in training but even when I mash the assist button he takes forever to come out and the dummy is already back to standing position. I cant figure it out.

When I watch streams and vids the assist always comes out at the perfect time.

Also sucks playing in Aus. Literally no one to play with online.

Someone on XBL found (or someone else found and is using) this brilliant way to get Frank to level 4. Do a million hit combo with Dante ending in million dollars (hit counter ~60-70), and then DHC into franks bottle rush hyper. If its midscreen, the hyper will whiff BUT he will recover and be able to take a photo before you hit the ground. Easy level 4.

I put Frank on point, get about 2 meters, land a combo or just fish out a combination hyper with him and Deadpool. The gun hyper pins them while I take a pic, easy lv 4.

Joule

So I picked this up a few days ago. Really enjoying it. Playing Iron Fist/Doom/Hawkeye.

Bear in mind I am a complete noob at this game, but I have a question regarding assists. What are the rules regarding when you can call assist expecially mid combos. Ive been using Iron Fist with the OTG assist in training but even when I mash the assist button he takes forever to come out and the dummy is already back to standing position. I cant figure it out.

Assists can be called:
Standing, crouching, normal jumping
During flight, dashes and air dashes if they were started while standing or normal jumping
During basic attacks
During ground/air recovery

jns

Hey mate, I'm an Aussie and also just starting out. If your on xbl my gamer tag is "Johnny NoShoes' feel free to hit me up if you want to have a bash

FYI I tried ranked and player matches the other night and only found one, this was on a saturday night lol.

Nedjoe

Neo Member

Add Nedjoe if you play on 360. Always need more Australians playing this game, I always play the same 2 dudes in ranked haha

Is the MahvelGAF tag still accepting new members? Tried to join yesterday, but I didn't get accepted yet I think.

iirc, you don't get accepted. You do however get to see all the friends that is connected to MarvelGAF. Probably easier to set things up and get more players in a lobby.

Bizazedo

What's bnb?
If you are using a pad, here's something I found out by accident.

You know that button you can map to L+M+H?

If you're holding down one of those three buttons normally (lets say M for the example) and then, while holding down M, do the hyper motion and press the button mapped to L+M+H, it'll ignore M completely and do the hyper as if you did L+H (since M was already being held down).

So, if you're having trouble, just train yourself to hold down the button you don't want to use right before you do the hyper. That was the only way I could play Skrull pre-Ultimate :).

If you are using a pad, here's something I found out by accident.

You know that button you can map to L+M+H?

If you're holding down one of those three buttons normally (lets say M for the example) and then, while holding down M, do the hyper motion and press the button mapped to L+M+H, it'll ignore M completely and do the hyper as if you did L+H (since M was already being held down).

So, if you're having trouble, just train yourself to hold down the button you don't want to use right before you do the hyper. That was the only way I could play Skrull pre-Ultimate :).

Be careful with that config, because it's very easy to pop X-Factor by accident.

Ken

Thanks for the matches, it was nice playing against a fellow Gaffer.
Yeah, if you want to play again just send me a FR. I wasn't sure what you were saying throughh the mic since I didn't have mine on. Not sure why the game keeps saying I have it plugged in.

And sorry about some of the terrible lag early on; someone was trying to Skype me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom