• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solune

Just took me an hour to do learn how to do a zero combo and i could only do it once! Was really satisfying once it clicked though, gonna try it again now. It's is gonna be a long time before im any good at this...

Would Zero/Spencer/Doom make a decent team? Or Zero/Cap/Doom?

Anyone in euro 360 land add me for some games, especially if you are just learning too! GT is Calibrated.

Spencer/Doom have amazing synergy, I dropped my old team in favor of them and since they are even better in Ultimate I won't be looking back. Zero would fit in pretty well.

I actually lost to Thor.
KuGsj.gif

Nose Master

I dunno if there's any videos yet, but my friend today showed me a pretty awesome glitch. You can make the camera face the characters head on. I won't spoil how to do it, yet.

Ok.. got to play some Marvel for the first time tonight. A good 2-3 hrs worth.

I'm liking Dr. Doom and I can get him to relaunch and combo numerous times in the corner.

But.. when I get my knock downs via foot dive mid screen.. How do I get to their body all the way across the other side of the screen to relaunch? Or am I shit out of luck?

Any other easy ass characters..? I tried Wesker and I'm not liking him. He doesn't feel easy and it feels like I'm having crap tons of input fail with his gun going down.. I keep getting his stupid horizontal gun.

I kinda like Hawkeye but I'm having the biggest pain in the ass getting him to juggle after his knockdown.. The backflip to ice arrow is so freaking hard to hit after they fall to the ground.

I also been trying out Ryu and hes pretty easy as well but his Hadoken never connects when I cancel it out of a tatsu mid air. Also I NEVER use my assists like some other players.. I'm so terrible ...

I played some matches online after 2 hrs in training and man.. I couldn't win anything. I came close a few times and the one time I finally did win was in a laggy game and I was zoning a Hulk with my Hawkeye and Triple Arrow.. He then left after he lost because he was disgusted with the lag and my lame tactics.

I'm liking Dr. Doom and I can get him to relaunch and combo numerous times in the corner.

But.. when I get my knock downs via foot dive mid screen.. How do I get to their body all the way across the other side of the screen to relaunch? Or am I shit out of luck?

Any other easy ass characters..? I tried Wesker and I'm not liking him. He doesn't feel easy and it feels like I'm having crap tons of input fail with his gun going down.. I keep getting his stupid horizontal gun.

I kinda like Hawkeye but I'm having the biggest pain in the ass getting him to juggle after his knockdown.. The backflip to ice arrow is so freaking hard to hit after they fall to the ground.

I also been trying out Ryu and hes pretty easy as well but his Hadoken never connects when I cancel it out of a tatsu mid air. Also I NEVER use my assists like some other players.. I'm so terrible ...

I played some matches online after 2 hrs in training and man.. I couldn't win anything. I came close a few times and the one time I finally did win was in a laggy game and I was zoning a Hulk with my Hawkeye and Triple Arrow.. He then left after he lost because he was disgusted with the lag and my lame tactics.

Don't try to do elaborate combos with Wesker. Just launch, MMHS, diagonal shot, Team Hyper.

As for Ryu, wait until the last hit of air Tatsu to do a Super. The last hit pops them up higher.

Solune

If your execution is pretty good you can do the Buktooth Loop. You can also try some Clockwork vids. I'd check out this ep of Runnin' Sets(Clockwork vs Combofiend). It's Vanilla but alot of things are still applicable. If some other more advanced Doom players wanna chime in that'd be nice too
So I can steal your tech

EYEL1NER

Just played my first couple matches online in Ultimate.
Went 4-0 in player and won my first and only ranked match. I was surprised, because I expected to get straight bodied, but that didn't happen. I'm not that good or anything though.

I've decided I really like my Morrigan, Akuma, Haggar team. I need to figure out if I can get some good synergy working with them.

Zissou

In that combo I think you have to do a diagonal dash down after the foot dive which is freakishly hard :(

It not that bad, make sure you're using two buttons to dash rather than double tapping the direction. Just slide the stick from forward (which you're using for the command normal footdive) to diagonal down and tap two buttons. The buk loop will let you combo off of mid screen random footdives really easily. The second rep of the loop does seem much more strict timing-wise than if you start normally off of a low or whatever though, so until you get the loop down pat, I'd only do it once if you start off of a random hard knockdown midscreen. Combos like the buk loop are nice because they allow you to take the opponent all the way from the middle of the screen to the corner where you can just transition to his braindead easy corner loops into a kill.

In that combo I think you have to do a diagonal dash down after the foot dive which is freakishly hard :(
Street Fighter IV links are hard. This stuff is a piece of cake. Also, Wesker is one of the five easiest characters in the game to play with. You just have to stop mashing to make him work... I had the same problem for a few minutes until I took a deep breath and looked at it calmly.

You might want to try Taskmaster too.

Nikashi

Banned
I just don't get how I can get better at this game, I can spend TONS of time in training mode getting combos down, but it's like I just can't learn how to fucking BLOCK in this game. Every match is me almost immediately getting hit with some teleport/assist cross up bullshit and spending the next 20 seconds getting juggled around with a huge relaunch aerial DHC combo.

Something intensely frustrating having to sit there and watch yourself get beat up knowing there's absolutely NOTHING against it once it starts unless they make a significant mistake, especially with characters who have really really long combos that don't do a ton of damage but take like 10 seconds before there's any chance at an opening (like zero, dante, etc).

Is there something that's just going to click so I can start finding openings? As of right now it just feels like a game of 'how long can I block before I get juggled' when I fight against anyone with skill.

Zissou

I just don't get how I can get better at this game, I can spend TONS of time in training mode getting combos down, but it's like I just can't learn how to fucking BLOCK in this game. Every match is me almost immediately getting hit with some teleport/assist cross up bullshit and spending the next 20 seconds getting juggled around with a huge relaunch aerial DHC combo.

Something intensely frustrating having to sit there and watch yourself get beat up knowing there's absolutely NOTHING against it once it starts unless they make a significant mistake, especially with characters who have really really long combos that don't do a ton of damage but take like 10 seconds before there's any chance at an opening (like zero, dante, etc).

Is there something that's just going to click so I can start finding openings? As of right now it just feels like a game of 'how long can I block before I get juggled' when I fight against anyone with skill.

What is your team?

The rule of this game is very simple: you need bullshits in your team to hit scrubs with so that you can spend 20 seconds juggling them around with a huge relaunch aerial DHC combo every time you score a hit. If you need to block, you have lost the match. So if you find yourself blocking and getting hit by bullshit, it means the bullshit in your team isn't good enough and you need to upgrade your team with more bull.

TGMIII

If you really want to get good you need to completely change your mindset, don't treat every game like you need to win just treat it the same way you would with training mode. If you do get hit stop and think why did I get caught not FUCK THIS SHIT. Quickly figure out your weaknesses and work on it from there, more importantly find out where you have holes in your pressure game and figure out ways to patch them.

I don't 100% agree with scytheavatar on the whole "add more bullshit" idea. To a degree you do need some sort of stupid bullshit on your team but as you play better people that same shit isn't going to work (as much). The bullshit is, like he said, going to help you get rid of scrubs fast but I'd personally put more emphasis on solid marvel fundamentals.

Unless it's some level 3 x-factor + berserker charge bullshit

Zissou

If you really want to get good you need to completely change your mindset, don't treat every game like you need to win just treat it the same way you would with training mode. If you do get hit stop and think why did I get caught not FUCK THIS SHIT. Quickly figure out your weaknesses and work on it from there, more importantly find out where you have holes in your pressure game and figure out ways to patch them.

I don't 100% agree with scytheavatar on the whole "add more bullshit" idea. To a degree you do need some sort of stupid bullshit on your team but as you play better people that same shit isn't going to work (as much). The bullshit is, like he said, going to help you get rid of scrubs fast but I'd personally put more emphasis on solid marvel fundamentals.

Unless it's some level 3 x-factor + berserker charge bullshit

I kind of agree with the add more bullshit comment earlier. If you're blocking, there's a good chance you're fucked. Doesn't mean you don't need to know how to block, but never having to block is always the best option. At high level play this game runs on 100% pure bullshit. You need insane near-impossible-to-block mix-ups and ways to reliably open up your opponent more than you need crazy nuanced combos. Nikashi, if you haven't seen it, watch the viscant tutorial video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fMz3sHNv8Q It's from vanilla, but it's still incredibly useful advice.

TGMIII

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree you need something that just makes it hard for the other person to apply pressure or some impossible to block mixup but if you're losing with bullshit I don't think the right idea is to add more bullshit but we don't even know his team so he could have a godlike team and just not be using the tools they have or he could hate himself and be using a team like hsien-ko and arthur.

Any big changes to X-23 in Ultimate? My favorite in Vanilla but thought she was a bit week.

She did get changed somewhat, she was never weak in vanilla but at the end of the day she's still the same old "Why use her when you can use Zero/Wolverine/(and now)Felicia?" character.

Calibrated

Neo Member
Thanks for the advice scythe, solune and parallax. I think im gonna try ammy in the zero/ammy/doom as i cant find a way to dhc from zero to spencer/cap, which sucks. :( I really want to fit captain america or spider-man into a team but im useless with them lol.

Still waiting for my bible to be sent but I dont think its coming as its supposed to be released today and play.com havent sent it yet...

Also Ken if you want to get some scrub games in at some point we can certainly try but my experience with ssf4 online vs USA wasnt so good. I dont think Marvel is quite as good online in the first place so it might not go so well.

LakeEarth

I am certain you're doing the same thing I did - double tapping the stick to diagonally dash down. In this game you should press two attack buttons to dash in the air.

Also, you have to do the Buktooth loop close to the ground. Lauch and immediately jump and M. Too high and you won't be able to relaunch on the ground.

Grecco

I think its user error but i have issues ussing assists with weskers OTG gun shot to pick them up for a relaunch in his basic BBC combo. Its really strange.

LakeEarth

I think its user error but i have issues ussing assists with weskers OTG gun shot to pick them up for a relaunch in his basic BBC combo. Its really strange.
Maybe you're hitting S too quick, while you're too high in the air? The higher you are, the longer it takes to hit the ground and call the assist.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Can someone who plays Arthur tell me if this combo is even possible now in UMvC3?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zslapyQ20bM

Scythe Toss doesn't seem to go far enough.

EDIT: Pretty much confirmed that it's now impossible because of his new j.S :(
You could kinda say it's a nerf for his mid-screen combos...as if he needed one

you can link running stabby after OTG fire bottle. But I always find that hard.

Solune

Thanks for the advice scythe, solune and parallax. I think im gonna try ammy in the zero/ammy/doom as i cant find a way to dhc from zero to spencer/cap, which sucks. :( I really want to fit captain america or spider-man into a team but im useless with them lol.

You can DHC into Spencer with Bionic Arm(125k damage) midscreen anywhere, and since it sends them vertical you'll still get all the damage from Rekkoha. Actually you might be able to do something sick like Rekkoha > Bionic Arm > Wire Grapple for massive damage in the corner anyways. As for Cap you can DHC corner only while getting full damage from Rekkoha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom