• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giard

you can link running stabby after OTG fire bottle. But I always find that hard.
Just tried it out. It works if the opponent falls into the corner. If he doesn't you're still too far away to stab him.

Sentinel Drones hit him after Fire Bottle, there's probably something I can do to extend the combo afterwards...

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Was finally able to combo off of Ryu's wallbounce midscreen with going into Denjin mode. I think it was with plink dashing. Which ever term means when you cancel your H with a dash.

Thanks for the advice scythe, solune and parallax. I think im gonna try ammy in the zero/ammy/doom as i cant find a way to dhc from zero to spencer/cap, which sucks. :( I really want to fit captain america or spider-man into a team but im useless with them lol.

Rekkoha stays onscreen after you DHC, so it's usually best to DHC out of it very early.

Burning Water

Neo Member
Okay, been trying to learn the new Felicia, and I realized something... I cannot do jumping DP motion. I've got regular DP motion down in both directions, but doing it after Up-Forward just doesn't work for me. It just short circuits something in my head when I try. Any execution tips on an arcade stick?

I was thinking if a UF, U, UB, B, DB, D, DB roll along the edge of the stick would trigger it? Or will I have to go through neutral?

Have you tried UF then QCF? I'm pretty sure the game registers the forward direction from UF before the QCF and translates everything into a DP. I use Thor and that's the same principle I use to get his air Mighty Strikes.

I just don't get how I can get better at this game, I can spend TONS of time in training mode getting combos down, but it's like I just can't learn how to fucking BLOCK in this game. Every match is me almost immediately getting hit with some teleport/assist cross up bullshit and spending the next 20 seconds getting juggled around with a huge relaunch aerial DHC combo.

Something intensely frustrating having to sit there and watch yourself get beat up knowing there's absolutely NOTHING against it once it starts unless they make a significant mistake, especially with characters who have really really long combos that don't do a ton of damage but take like 10 seconds before there's any chance at an opening (like zero, dante, etc).

Is there something that's just going to click so I can start finding openings? As of right now it just feels like a game of 'how long can I block before I get juggled' when I fight against anyone with skill.

You need:
- more bullshit
- more attacking
- less blocking

Ok.. got to play some Marvel for the first time tonight. A good 2-3 hrs worth.

I'm liking Dr. Doom and I can get him to relaunch and combo numerous times in the corner.

But.. when I get my knock downs via foot dive mid screen.. How do I get to their body all the way across the other side of the screen to relaunch? Or am I shit out of luck?

Any other easy ass characters..? I tried Wesker and I'm not liking him. He doesn't feel easy and it feels like I'm having crap tons of input fail with his gun going down.. I keep getting his stupid horizontal gun.
Doom is easy and Wesker is hard? Wat?

i don't really play arthur, but why not do a heavenly slash combo or a gold armor combo instead?

parallax scroll said:
Doom is easy and Wesker is hard? Wat?
1-dimensional doom where all you know how to do is spam foot dives?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Live lobby tonight, if players are not present, PSN again for the millionth time.

I'm definitely joining the Live lobby but may not turn my Xbox on until the second it starts. If you want to gauge the number of Live players more accurately add the MahvelGAF tag.

Noaloha

Just picked this up today (fuckyeah payday). Gods. Options. So.. many.. bastard.. permutations. I cannot get a handle on a team I'm comfortable with even without that motherfucking Damoclesian Sword hanging over me, it being the hurdle of simply of learning individual characters' movesets. Shit's fucking daunting.

Nose Master

Yeah, that's it. I'm too lazy to find my camera charger / charge it, and I'm sure he never will, so:

-Go into training, Morrgan / xx / xx vs. Strider / xx / xx. Have Morrigan use her double image hyper. Then have Strider do the wall cling teleport, and spam it as much as you can. Sometimes it zooms out of the world/level. When it resets, sometimes it has that angle for Strider's team. Using an assist from the Morrigan team usually snaps it out, as well as some hypers from the Strider team. You can raw tag in anyone on the Strider team.

any PSN scrubbers gonna be playing tonight!? I'm finally back at home (parents had some terrible wifi) so id like to get down later.

I've falling in love with Ghost rider & firebrand <3

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Given up on my Nova team. Not really fun to play as at all. Going with Ryu/Sent/Weeeeeesker as a secondary I guess now.

The Nova Corps is not pleased with this development. Worldmind expects your resignation on his desk by Monday.

mileS

Only 480p LeMaximilian? hmm maybe its because it was just uploaded and the 720p isn't out yet. Not sure how it works for youtube. Anyways thanks again, love all the work you've been putting into your videos.

Hugbot

I think I need some team advice. I want to run Nova/???/Hawkeye, and I'm looking for a character with an assist that can help Nova get in that can also hold his own. It's looking like Doom is the obvious choice but does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative?

I think I need some team advice. I want to run Nova/???/Hawkeye, and I'm looking for a character with an assist that can help Nova get in that can also hold his own. It's looking like Doom is the obvious choice but does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative?

I use Ghost riders chain of rebuttal or Dorm black hole for my team. are you using Nova's C.m & his air dash forward with H cancel? those are great for closing space really quickly.

Zissou

Does Nova really have that much trouble getting in? I assumed his mobility options plus Hawkeye assist (I assume you're using his alpha assist?) should be fine. I think hawkeye would help you get in consistently, but you need some kind of lockdown assist to help keep the pressure on up close.

Hugbot

I use Ghost riders chain of rebuttal or Dorm black hole for my team. are you using Nova's C.m & his air dash forward with H cancel? those are great for closing space really quickly.

Does Nova really have that much trouble getting in? I assumed his mobility options plus Hawkeye assist (I assume you're using his alpha assist?) should be fine. I think hawkeye would help you get in consistently, but you need some kind of lockdown assist to help keep the pressure on up close.

Thanks, yeah I guess the tools are all there already to get in. Will try plugging Dorm, Ghost or Sent in for lockdown instead.

Probably was posted but new Ultimate Marvelous Adventures

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/nov/25/ultimate-marvelous-adventures-cross-counter/

My guess is Gootecks will last maybe 2 weeks?

vaDJB.jpg

Nice shirt, Mike Ross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom