• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorBait

Can someone who plays Arthur tell me if this combo is even possible now in UMvC3?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zslapyQ20bM

Scythe Toss doesn't seem to go far enough.

EDIT: Pretty much confirmed that it's now impossible because of his new j.S :(
You could kinda say it's a nerf for his mid-screen combos...as if he needed one
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like it is still possible according to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aYoZy-fkyw

Though that video is of an older build.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Love my new alt team! Can still go for unblockables without Nova. Just a little harder now with Wesker assist. Also Wesker is so damn lame. I got 752k damage off of 1 bar with glasses-less Wesker midscreen. I am by no means creative when it comes to combos but I figured this out in like 20 minutes.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
My girlfriend picked this up so we could play together while I'm recovering. Neither of us are good at fighting games.

Why do the offline and tutorial modes suck so much? And why can't they simply show you the commands in Mission mode so you aren't stuck wondering whatever Move X H is? We had fun fooling around, but I'm not impressed!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
My girlfriend picked this up so we could play together while I'm recovering. Neither of us are good at fighting games.

Why do the offline and tutorial modes suck so much? And why can't they simply show you the commands in Mission mode so you aren't stuck wondering whatever Move X H is? We had fun fooling around, but I'm not impressed!

Pause, hit mission objective. You should be automatically be highlighting it.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Pause, hit mission objective. You should be automatically be highlighting it.

That's what I'm saying though, all I'm seeing in game is a name that doesn't mean anything, everything I actually need is in a menu.

Same with training mode. I'd love to see something like Bayonetta's loading screen to show possible follow ups for attacks I'm using.

Zissou

Maybe if you time it properly, but as far as I know they don't. If you do Stinger > Bold Cancel > Hammer Dante will still get pushed back if they advancing guard.

How do you bold cancel from a ground move into an air move? Do you mean volcano?

Ken

Ugh, playing pretty terribly tonight. I still have no idea who to use as a 3rd. Any suggestions? I currently have Nova and Frank West. I'm not super good at long combos requiring really fast hands so I've been getting by with simple BnBs. What are some other characters with simple BnBs?

Ugh, playing pretty terribly tonight. I still have no idea who to use as a 3rd. Any suggestions? I currently have Nova and Frank West. I'm not super good at long combos requiring really fast hands so I've been getting by with simple BnBs. What are some other characters with simple BnBs?
Ryu, CapAm, Hulk, Wesker, Sentinel, Wolverine.
ranger/lord is determined by your primary stat.

I know Lord is stability is your highest stat, don't remember the other ones.

Ah, ok.

Hulk

Another net code question - I haven't played online yet, since I've only been doing training mode and just this past week there was a local tournament / casuals, but does the game accurately represent connection ratings. I.e, green bars means minimal input lag, red meaning lag in the seconds can't land my shit etc.

I noticed in Marvel, it'd be random as hell.

Hey guys, is Vanilla MVC3 worth buying? I just got a PS3 (my second one lol, I sold my first one last year), so I missed out on vanilla when it was first released. Does Ultimate make it obsolete, or is it worth playing in it's own right?

Giard

Hey guys, is Vanilla MVC3 worth buying? I just got a PS3 (my second one lol, I sold my first one last year), so I missed out on vanilla when it was first released. Does Ultimate make it obsolete, or is it worth playing in it's own right?
The latter. There's no reason whatsoever to buy vanilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom