• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Hey guys, is Vanilla MVC3 worth buying? I just got a PS3 (my second one lol, I sold my first one last year), so I missed out on vanilla when it was first released. Does Ultimate make it obsolete, or is it worth playing in it's own right?

I think Ultimate makes it obsolete since you can't upgrade Vanilla to Ultimate without buying another disc. I'd just pick up Ultimate and skip Vanilla.

Ryu, CapAm, Hulk, Wesker, Sentinel, Wolverine.

Ah, ok.

Thanks.

I was trying out Taskmaster tonight practicing one of his BnBs where he does web swing -> MM -> web swing -> MMS -> land sM sH 4H S...

What's the secret to landing the standing M after the first air S? 9/10 times I'm missing the M dropping the whole combo.

Hey guys, is Vanilla MVC3 worth buying? I just got a PS3 (my second one lol, I sold my first one last year), so I missed out on vanilla when it was first released. Does Ultimate make it obsolete, or is it worth playing in it's own right?
Why would you buy it when you can get Ultimate?

SmokeMaxX

Ryu, CapAm, Hulk, Wesker, Sentinel, Wolverine.

Ah, ok.
A good character that does a ton of damage for no reason. Someone said he's this game's Taskmaster and I believe it. I was doing SIMPLE B&Bs and getting 700k. Like barely more than magic series.
Another net code question - I haven't played online yet, since I've only been doing training mode and just this past week there was a local tournament / casuals, but does the game accurately represent connection ratings. I.e, green bars means minimal input lag, red meaning lag in the seconds can't land my shit etc.

I noticed in Marvel, it'd be random as hell.
Sorta. They're accurate in that 4 is usually better than 3 which is usually better than 2 but... 4 just means "nearly as good as UMvC3 can get" which doesn't say much. If you practice UMvC3 with the lag setting turned down a notch, that's how online feels. It's pretty much a different game. I don't know how people land combos because I can't even do EASY magneto combos unless the opponent is in the corner.

A good character that does a ton of damage for no reason. Someone said he's this game's Taskmaster and I believe it. I was doing SIMPLE B&Bs and getting 700k. Like barely more than magic series.

Sorta. They're accurate in that 4 is usually better than 3 which is usually better than 2 but... 4 just means "nearly as good as UMvC3 can get" which doesn't say much. If you practice UMvC3 with the lag setting turned down a notch, that's how online feels. It's pretty much a different game. I don't know how people land combos because I can't even do EASY magneto combos unless the opponent is in the corner.

Hyper Charging Star does an obscene amount of damage, plus it's a mashable hyper. Ridiculous!

As for lag, there's obviously a world of difference between even 5 bars and offline, but 4 is still perfectly playable. Sometimes the bars can lie and get switched up before the match starts (I've seen it in Ranked), so it's best to wait a few seconds to see where it stabilizes. In general however, unless you're playing GAF and/or friends, don't play any game where it's 3 bars or less unless you want an exercise in frustration.

Frantic

GGs to all on Kadey's lobby. I'm gonna have to go through the archive and highlight some matches and moments. There was some hilarious stuff that happened in there.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
How do you avoid getting command thrown when your character comes in?

Also does anyone else have a terrible habit of just always crouching? I can't help it and I constantly get blown up because of it. I guess it's because I don't want my character to move backwards when I'm trying to block high. I also have a terrible habit of hitting my launcher even though they are blocking, which is like a guaranteed punish. But when I don't then somtimes my combo hits and I react too late so the just block the launcher. So frustrating.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LETS WRAP THIS UP
  • sephi's video on cancelling Iron Fist rekkas and F+H got me so fucking hyped to play Iron Fist. Shout outs to sephi.
  • Spruchy's stream kept me hype through the final weekend, P Gorath using Frank with Shuma Mystic Ray assist looked SO GOOD. Also made me realize Shuma has some of the best win quotes in the game. To Vergil: You are an embarassment to demons everywhere.
  • THE FULL CG INTRO IS GODLIKE. Still not as good as the MvC3 ones but FUCKING GODLIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
  • FUCK IM SO PISSED AMAZON.CA ISN'T DOING THE WHOLE PRE-ORDER BONUS THING, FUCK I THOUGHT I WOULD BE DROWNING IN 90S SENTINELS BUT NO, FUCKING CANADA GETS SCREWED AGAIN.
  • OMGSGSGHSJGSDJCOMBOFIEEEENNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
  • DLC IM SO CONFUSED DO I BUY THEM ALL WHEN THEY COME OUT FOR A TOTAL OF $40 OR WAIT? I WANT TO WHORE OUT BUT MY BETTER JUDGMENT IS TELLING ME OTHERWISE.
  • 10Stars popping off on the Charity Fights stream was fucking hilarious. I EVEN TOOK MY WATCH OUT FOR THIS MATCH (HE TOOK HIS WATCH OUT GAWDAMN!)
  • LOL @ JAMES CHEN WITH THE DYSLEXIA TANGENT. But really, it kind of makes sense, when Chen is commentating he can't tell who's who. Also, the more I watch James Chen's commentary, the more I dislike it actually, I still don't think it's as bad as people say it is though. But the Cross Counter Open was SO GODLIKE. So professional, I hope it becomes a regular tourney, liek a monthly or something. I was so surprised by Olaf's performance, the way he shut down Neo was GODLIKE. Yipes is putting in work though, you can see he's hungry.
  • So I was in a lobby with Parallax and some Beef dude, but now I'm not so sure he was Professor Beef. I thought Beef was PS3 only? Was surprised said character owned the 360 version too, so in my saltiniess, I told him to GTFO and go back to PSN and he's like "I don't own a PS3 why would I go back to PSN?" Muchos confusing.
  • Shout outs to everyone arguing semantics with God's Beard.
  • Megaman Steve: "So your saying, when n****s have a movie coming out they get buffs?" Remix: "Yeah." Megaman Steve: "Then what the fuck happened to Iron Man?" Remix: "I mean.." I lol'd hard. I love how Noel is sticking with Wolvie and Wesker just cause people said he'd be exposed and he's been getting blown up left and right. He needs to tier whore harder, I expect a new team in a month/sloppy seconds from Wong.
  • Timedog is what I envisioned God's Beard actually looked like.
  • DEM IRON FIST DRAGONGOD COMBOS, COT DAMN. The entire Second Big Two tournament was hype as fuck, I can't begin to name all the godlike stuff on display from Megaman Steve, DragonGod, Chris G, Dieminion, RayRayGODDAMN and more. Thread was near dead when the hype shit was going on I couldn't believe it. SF killers Dieminion and DragonGod are blowing it up in Marvel, I approve. RayRay vs. Chris G was some of the most intense shit I've seen in Marvel.
  • The MahvelGAF tag is stil accepting invites, at least I hope so, check with invites. It's not an "add it, use it and still not get accepted" affair. PM IntelliHeath if you guys have problems with it.

Okay in more important news...

Things I've changed/to be changed soon about OP and such; I realize that many people may not still be reading the OP, and by a lot of the replies I see people don't consult it anyways when they have questions about the game, but I still commit to doing what I can to keep it informative and making it better.
  • Added DLC pricing and release schedule to OP.
  • Updated FAQ section to reflect feedback from GAF about improved netcode.
  • Resized some banners and images to increase readability of OP.
  • Changed link in OP to new and improved Make Your Team! post using those images ripped off of the disc (NOT SCANS!), which will be posted shortly. You may wonder why I'm still doing this, well, for one it's fun and done, but two if your a title hunter, some titles require pretty specific team compositions in order to unlock them, including references to WHAT IF?, EXILES and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes costume choices, so I thought that could be useful somewhere.
    Nobody is probably interested in this and it's a logn shot but but if someone wants to grind out these challenges for the titles, holla at your boy.
  • Added link in OP to The Blow Ups post.
  • Time permitting, as I'm quite busy as of recently, I will make a seperate H&H post including as much information I can on the mode for people to reference. Using the information posted by shaowebb and Red Arremer of course.
  • Request a mod to remove the [Scans are still banned] from the title of this thread. It's ugly, and people get the point, especially considering the scans are irrelevant at this point anyways.. like two times over LOL. *hold L*
  • Provided there is space, I will start cataloguing majors and links to archives of them for ease of access.

Will be posting some impressions soon.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

WHERE MY SCANSGAF NINJAS AT?

GGs to all on Kadey's lobby. I'm gonna have to go through the archive and highlight some matches and moments. There was some hilarious stuff that happened in there.

Personally I liked my Nick projectile spam XD

Yeah, GGs to everyone, always fun to get blown up on stream.

Oh hey, welcome back Enzo.

Bizazedo

Yeah there was. Stupid 20 tech throws lol.

Hit me up anytime to play, anyways, Frantic.

Sup enzo. I do have a 360 Gamertag, but the name is "Howaitokumasan."

And before anyone asks, I don't own a 360. I got a GT a few years ago when I was living with my friends, and we all used the 360. You can feel free to add my GT, but don't expect any sort of response.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sup enzo. I do have a 360 Gamertag, but the name is "Howaitokumasan."

And before anyone asks, I don't own a 360. I got a GT a few years ago when I was living with my friends, and we all used the 360. You can feel free to add my GT, but don't expect any sort of response.

Oh damn.. I was talking to that guy like he was you for like an hour :lol

You sounded 12. An amusing 12 year old.

Frantic

Welcome back Enzo. Now we just need the glorious return of Dahbomb, lol.

Yeah there was. Stupid 20 tech throws lol.

Hit me up anytime to play, anyways, Frantic.
That's definitely going to be a highlight. I was in disbelief at seeing it, haha. And yeah, I'll definitely play ya again sometime.

Dahbomb

I have about 30+ different resets/mix ups with Vergil including multiple unblockable set ups and even simultaneous left/right plus high/lows. I have multiple frame traps, resets within resets, ways to make advancing guard look like a joke and pressure opponents into mistakes. I have even found ways to make his block strings and random Helm Breakers into mix up opportunities. I can convert ANY button or throw of Vergil's except MAYBE a j.L into minimum 600K damage. Oh and his j.L is instant overhead against tall characters meaning if I have SS activated there is nothing that characters like Nemesis/Sentinel can do about it.

I have found multiple synergies with Vergil within the older and new cast. Dante into Vergil DHC does over a million damage. Vergil with Wesker OTG gun shot allows him to do 800K+ damage solo 1 meter, 950K+ on 2 meter. I have found a ton of synergy options on "Team Trenchoat" including ANY possible position set up on that team. I can get stylish combos with Vergil using both Crystal OTG assist and Wesker low gun shot. I have found insane synergy between Zero and Vergil. I can get Frank West to LVL4 or LVL5 with EITHER Vergil on point or Vergil on second. I have found so many synergy options with Nova + Vergil in fact after getting RAILED on for using Wesker + Vergil even though I practically TOLD EVERYONE to use that set up (and now everyone is on that fucking bandwagon) I am now using Vergil + Nova.

I have found set ups where I can DENY XFLVL3 comebacks with Vergil on my team. With 2 meters, Vergil is the best anchor in the game 1 on 1 even Dark Phoenix has nothing on him. No character has an air to ground/dive kick move that can challenge Vergil on the ground, no character has ground normals that can challenge Vergil on the ground (except for Ghost Rider who is free to Vergil anyway). If I have Vergil on anchor (which I have stopped using because people think it's stupid cheap) with meter and XF, I have a 90% chance of winning the game. No one has been able to block my Storm Sword mix ups on anchor because really... you can't block that shit and you can't hit Vergil out of it.

I have been playing Vergil on numerous different teams relentlessly for the past 1 and a half week. And I feel I am no where close to tapping this character. Just yesterday I found something on him that I was like "REALLY.... why does he even have something like that?"

COME AT ME GAF! Also I see a lot of people wanting help here and I am now once again available to lend my services. I am REALLY hoping that I get some recording footage somewhere so I can share some of my Vergil tech. I have enough information to make a 3-5 hour video on him.

Frantic

Vergil stuff
lol, this is exactly what I was hoping for from Dahbomb. Welcome back.

Also, I would really like to see some of your stuff with Vergil. I've got some setups with him, but I haven't really spent a lot of time cracking him open... most of my lab time has been with Dante and Frank, honestly.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I have about 30+ different resets/mix ups with Vergil including multiple unblockable set ups and even simultaneous left/right plus high/lows. I have multiple frame traps, resets within resets, ways to make advancing guard look like a joke and pressure opponents into mistakes. I have even found ways to make his block strings and random Helm Breakers into mix up opportunities. I can convert ANY button or throw of Vergil's except MAYBE a j.L into minimum 600K damage. Oh and his j.L is instant overhead against tall characters meaning if I have SS activated there is nothing that characters like Nemesis/Sentinel can do about it.

I have found multiple synergies with Vergil within the older and new cast. Dante into Vergil DHC does over a million damage. Vergil with Wesker OTG gun shot allows him to do 800K+ damage solo 1 meter, 950K+ on 2 meter. I have found a ton of synergy options on "Team Trenchoat" including ANY possible position set up on that team. I can get stylish combos with Vergil using both Crystal OTG assist and Wesker low gun shot. I have found insane synergy between Zero and Vergil. I can get Frank West to LVL4 or LVL5 with EITHER Vergil on point or Vergil on second. I have found so many synergy options with Nova + Vergil in fact after getting RAILED on for using Wesker + Vergil even though I practically TOLD EVERYONE to use that set up (and now everyone is on that fucking bandwagon) I am now using Vergil + Nova.

I have found set ups where I can DENY XFLVL3 comebacks with Vergil on my team. With 2 meters, Vergil is the best anchor in the game 1 on 1 even Dark Phoenix has nothing on him. No character has an air to ground/dive kick move that can challenge Vergil on the ground, no character has ground normals that can challenge Vergil on the ground (except for Ghost Rider who is free to Vergil anyway). If I have Vergil on anchor (which I have stopped using because people think it's stupid cheap) with meter and XF, I have a 90% chance of winning the game. No one has been able to block my Storm Sword mix ups on anchor because really... you can't block that shit and you can't hit Vergil out of it.

I have been playing Vergil on numerous different teams relentlessly for the past 1 and a half week. And I feel I am no where close to tapping this character. Just yesterday I found something on him that I was like "REALLY.... why does he even have something like that?"

COME AT ME GAF! Also I see a lot of people wanting help here and I am now once again available to lend my services. I am REALLY hoping that I get some recording footage somewhere so I can share some of my Vergil tech. I have enough information to make a 3-5 hour video on him.
He has fucking returned! I love the shit talking, all of it! Dahbomb, join Kadey's PSN lobby right now and show us some shit. You could just use the lobbies as an outlet for this stuff.

Dahbomb

Oh wow GAF is changed since I came back. Multiquoting FTW!

Also, I would really like to see some of your stuff with Vergil. I've got some setups with him, but I haven't really spent a lot of time cracking him open... most of my lab time has been with Dante and Frank, honestly.
What do you want? Give me specifics. Dante/Vergil/Frank is great in almost any order. I prefer Frank on point.

You can do BnB with Frank West ending in camera OTG into rush hyper, DHC into Vergil DT, raw tag back in to Frank with another camera OTG. Easy mode LVL4. Works with Dante too. Since you are starting the game with 1 bar with Frank on point, you basically get Vergil in the back with DT activated and Frank on point with LVL4.

Vergil's Dimension Slash hyper causes a knockdown and if you get Frank's hyper to whiff you can easily OTG camera shot. Vergil's combos do like 100+ hits and you can get easily get to LVL5 with Frank West.

Also... two things people need to start investing in with Vergil and they are Helm Breaker and Round Trip. Because don't know the technology contained within these 2 moves for Vergil even though they are like other moves in the game. Just think DMC3SE with Helm Breaker and you know what I am talking about... your mind will be blown when you start pressing certain buttons after Helm Breaker on block or on whiff. Round Trip just makes advancing guard look like a joke, they advance guard and it extends the time that Round Trip is on the screen when you teleport. LOL!

I love the shit talking, all of it! Dahbomb, join Kadey's PSN lobby right now and show us some shit.
How many times do I have to tell you guys that I don't have online? Besides I would have an aneurysm over the shitty Vergils online. How the fuck are you gonna do Stinger, st.H or teleports RAW with Vergil?

Your knowledge of Vergil and his synergy with Zero and/or Wesker is relevant to my interests.
What do you want? Vergil + Wesker means Vergil gets snazzy combos off of OTG and ANY button including Helm Breaker which is his best air move because he can cancel it. He also has unblockable set ups. Zero on point Rekkoha into Spiral Swords is the new Rekkoha into Dante DT. Since Zero doesn't use ground bounces or wall bounces in his combos, Vergil Spiral Sword DHC can net you +300K-400K in damage off of Zero combos. Zero builds meter for Vergil to dominate with although there is no full screen projectile on that team of Zero/Vergil/Wesker to get in/apply pressure with. Vergil needs an assist like that so bad it hurts (if you plan to play him anywhere except anchor). Zero to Wesker DHC sucks but Wesker + Vergil Rapid Slash means you get teleport cross ups all day long and in corners this stuff is insanely hard to block. Zero can get air throw combos off of Wesker Gun shot assist. If you plan to keep Vergil + Zero and drop Wesker, then you should invest in a projectile assist on 3rd spot like maybe Doom. In that instance you will probably not have a way to combo off of air throw in which case just switch Vergil's assist to Judgment Cut and you can combo off of air throw with Zero. This team of Zero + Vergil + projectile assist character has already been utilized by Flocker and he has already won a mini-tournament with it. He basically plays Zero like he plays on his Phoenix team, builds meter for Vergil and Hawkeye to dominate with.

Aight Dahbomb, here's a simple question. My main team is Zero/Wesker/Vergil. Marn plays it Vergil/Zero/Wesker. What do you think is the best order for that team?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How many times do I have to tell you guys that I don't have online? Besides I would have an aneurysm over the shitty Vergils online. How the fuck are you gonna do Stinger, st.H or teleports RAW with Vergil?
No internet connection period? Thought you were on PSN, so it can't be a no Gold thing.

Jack the ethernet out of your PC and plug it into your PS3 goddamnit!

Frantic

What do you want? Give me specifics. Dante/Vergil/Frank is great in almost any order. I prefer Frank on point.

You can do BnB with Frank West ending in camera OTG into rush hyper, DHC into Vergil DT, raw tag back in to Frank with another camera OTG. Easy mode LVL4. Works with Dante too. Since you are starting the game with 1 bar with Frank on point, you basically get Vergil in the back with DT activated and Frank on point with LVL4.

Vergil's Dimension Slash hyper causes a knockdown and if you get Frank's hyper to whiff you can easily OTG camera shot. Vergil's combos do like 100+ hits and you can get easily get to LVL5 with Frank West.

Also... two things people need to start investing in with Vergil and they are Helm Breaker and Round Trip. Because don't know the technology contained within these 2 moves for Vergil even though they are like other moves in the game. Just think DMC3SE with Helm Breaker and you know what I am talking about... your mind will be blown when you start pressing certain buttons after Helm Breaker on block or on whiff. Round Trip just makes advancing guard look like a joke, they advance guard and it extends the time that Round Trip is on the screen when you teleport. LOL!
I already found out that setup with Dante and Frank. Frank BnB, Camera + Jam Session for two camera shots into Rush Hyper that ends with a pseudo DHC glitch for a raw tag into another camera shot. Not sure how many more hits he needs to get to level 5 after that, but Level 5 really isn't needed for Frank. Plus, I prefer Dante/Frank/Deadpool or Frank/Dante/Deadpool over having Vergil in there... Deadpool gives Frank easy unblockables. :p

I'm really just more interested in just general Vergil tech. Most of my tech comes from teleports with assists, Round Trip teleport derp, and some OTG shenanigens with Spencer's Slant Shot. OTG + Slant Shot, teleport down into low/ground-throw/Rapid Slash. It's not the safest method, but no one seems to expect it haha.

Though with how many characters I want to play in this game, trying to keep up with it all is hard, haha.

Dahbomb

I'm really just more interested in just general Vergil tech. Most of my tech comes from teleports with assists, Round Trip teleport derp, and some OTG shenanigens with Spencer's Slant Shot. OTG + Slant Shot, teleport down into low/ground-throw/Rapid Slash. It's not the safest method, but no one seems to expect it haha.
If Helm Breaker -> Call Slant Shot -> Hightime -> assist connects combos then your team is set. Really one of the most important things with Vergil is being able to get good damage off of Helm Breaker and if he has that he doesn't need an OTG assist. I have a set up with Nova where I can do Helm Breaker -> Call Centurion Arts -> Hightime -> assist hits but it's some what space/timing dependent although guaranteed in the corner. Centurion Arts resets ground bounce so I don't have to worry about that at all. Plus Centurion Arts gives me BRAIN DEAD easy unblockable set ups and simultaneous high/low + right/left mix ups with Vergil.

Helm Breaker can be whiffed teleport cancelled or OS into Rapid Slash. You can just input Helm Breaker -> DP + H. If it whiffs you get a safe air teleport, if it connects/blocked you get Rapid Slash out. Helm Breaker can even be cancelled into S on block to catch someone attempting to punish that move.

The best hit confirm/block string of Vergil is LMH f+H Rising Sun Trick Down. On block it's unpunishable as it's only -2 or -3 on block. And if it hits you get the BnB. Really if you are WHIFFING with st.H and Stinger which are both 3/4th screen covering normals then you should be playing a different character.

Round Trip in the corner is stupid. They can't see it coming back. On in coming characters you throw round trip under them, do a dash under cross up (so you end up backed to the corner) and if they block it you can time your M teleport with the Round Trip on return into so now they are back in the corner except when you teleport they get hit with the RT.

HSH Upper Slash series is godlike for resets. Basically after you have used your ground bounce, when you hit someone with HSH the final H will put them into soft knockdown recovery where depending on if they are holding back or forward they will roll. If they are holding back for back roll, just call assist as soon as you connect H into Trick M with an assist like Akuma or Frank West shopping cart and they get opened up. If you think they are expecting the cross up and holding forward for the forward role, you can do Trick L FAKE cross up and they get opened up that way. So many people expect Vergil to trick behind them that they get opened up with the Trick L numerous times.

A little known mind game aspect of Vergil is that the start up animation of Judgment Cut and Rapid Slash is very similar because he backs up before he does it. Same someone blocks that mix up above, you can do ABC Stinger into Rapid Slash for the cross up. There is a small window where they have to block forward or back and in this window they have to see if you are using Rapid Slash or not. When people see Vergil back up, they expect Rapid Slash however if you through out a Judgment Cut instead they get confused and block wrong and you can Devil Trigger to confirm into a combo off of Judgment Cut (you would need DT anyway to confirm off Rapid Slash).

I probably have a ton of day 1 stuff that I am missing but these stuff is what I have been messing around with lately. During combos involving Judgment Cut you can link a st.L and go into STANDARD Wesker like mix ups/resets after the st.L. Dash under cross up (aka Ryan Hunter), jump up air grab, jump up air loop (Vergil's is MMH instead of LHS), jump up Helm Breaker OS (d/f+H into DP+H), teleport mix ups either L or M or even a Round Trip mix up.

There are also a ton of gimmicks that you can do with Vergil involving meter that people never see coming. Against an incoming character, stuff like activate Spiral Sword dash under is stupid dirty because it's an instant right/left mix up. People underestimate Vergil's capability to dash under anti-air because he has godlike anti-airs and a fast Wesker like dash.

Aight Dahbomb, here's a simple question. My main team is Zero/Wesker/Vergil. Marn plays it Vergil/Zero/Wesker. What do you think is the best order for that team?
Marn doesn't know how to play Vergil. In fact he doesn't even know how to play Wesker. Your team order is fine but Marn's isn't that bad either especially if you want to learn Vergil (and the best way to learn Vergil is to play him on point). When you play Vergil on point you learn where his strengths and weaknesses are as well as valuable match up experience. Once you learn Vergil on point (and it's a difficult task because you can't play herp derp with him in good matches) and you put him down the order you realize how absurd he is with meter and anchor. In Devil Trigger mode has has no weakness because generally everything he throws out is either safe or can be made safe even on whiff. His DT bonuses stack with X factor and his absurd hit boxes + speed and combo off of air throw means he is a godlike anchor. With 2 bars, you can Storm Sword their last character into a locked mix up session and they can't do anything about it. Most people just block and get air throw during it as well which in LVL3XF is a character kill.

Vergil doesn't get much out of Zero's assists and Vergil to Zero DHC is decent but not the most optimum. The slow fireball of Zero assist isn't what Vergil needs, he needs a fast space covering assist so his teleport cross ups are difficult to block. Zero to Vergil on the other hand is a very optimum DHC and Zero benefits from Vergil's assists (gets an air throw combo off of Judgment Cut and mix ups). Wesker's DHCs are terrible no matter what but at least you get on point "Dark" Wesker so Zero/Wesker/Vergil is also optimum but in this order you want Rapid Slash for Wesker (Zero can get combo off of Low gun shot anyway). Both Zero and Wesker build a ton of meter for Vergil to overwhelm with in XF and I haven't played an anchor match up where I thought I didn't have an advantage with Vergil.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
OP and Make Your Team post updated. Includes alts and all of that. Images lost transparency in batch JPEG convert but it's whatevs'.

Current team: Team A Little Iron and A Little Fist.

SNrkj.jpg
smVjU.jpg
F4Msz.jpg

Frantic

Alright, I'll keep that all in mind. I definitely need to mess around with him in the lab more. I've just been too deep in the lab with Dante, heh.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
How do you avoid getting command thrown when your character comes in?
It's impossible to throw an incoming character until they either touch the ground or you perform a different action first (like either hitting them or forcing them to block something before starting a throw attempt).

EDIT: Yo Enzo (or anyone else), you have a link to the original hi-res files for all of those win pose shots? The place I was getting them from took them down.

Dahbomb

LOL Enzo who's that new Iron Man working out for you?

I have some new tech on IM and he is on one of my teams but I have no idea what to think about him. In some ways he is much better but in other ways he is worse.

My team that I have been experimenting with a lot lately:

Ru8Nt.jpg
R8GCJ.jpg
fnbD7.jpg

My team that I don't play that often with mates because people think it's cheap (notice the Viscant like team only Vergil is the Phoenix :D ):

nZUjR.jpg
h2jD9.jpg
r8dIh.jpg

I have found way cheaper teams than this in UMVC3. Basically Wesker/Doom/Strider is cheap as hell. Wesker/Doom get full combo off of random Vajra hit, Doom gives team a full screen beam projectile and Strider for the anchor LVL3XF Ourobourus shenanigans. I believe this is Max's team and I have heard rumors that Viscant might run something similar too. Viper/Dante/Strider is automatically a top tier team IMO.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'm having a case of 3rd-character identity crisis. Sometimes I wish I could just pick a ratio2 Felicia+Taskmaster and be done with it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's impossible to throw an incoming character until they either touch the ground or you perform a different action first (like either hitting them or forcing them to block something before starting a throw attempt).

EDIT: Yo Enzo (or anyone else), you have a link to the original hi-res files for all of those win pose shots? The place I was getting them from took them down.

I've rar'd them all up for you and will PM you when the upload completes, in about a half hour. ~200mb.

LOL Enzo who's that new Iron Man working out for you?

I have some new tech on IM and he is on one of my teams but I have no idea what to think about him. In some ways he is much better but in other ways he is worse.
I honestly haven't had much time since I've been busy tinkering with everyone else, but he's kind of the weak link in DHC synergy in my team, especially since most of my combos end in the corner, and the angled proton cannon just doesn't connect as well. However, he is a crucial element in my team, Iron Fist and Ryu are royally fucked without the beam assist.

I don't know, I kinda like the new airdash. It's really badass looking. Functional? Not nearly as good, but i could never properly tri-dash anyways. The airdash straight down from super jump is godlike though, so fast and devilish. I still can't do flight mode combos with IM even though they've supposedly become easier with the faster start up on flight mode. I think it's best summed up by saying most of the changes don't resonate very well with my low skill level (case and point: I got perfected on stream today. *holds L deep inside torso*). I'm having trouble connecting anything after hard knockdown of Repulsar Blast, is there some trick to that? It seems like a crapshoot to me, there's no consistent rhyme to it (even though they've supposedly decreased randomness in such, it's still fairly random). Doesn't seem like it's worth it, especially in matches when the pressure is on and you need a go-to. By all means, share anything you've got with Iron Man, I'd love to hear it.

Frantic

I've got so many teams... I'll just post the two I've been playing with most.

My 'main' team:
r8dIh.jpg
GpTNx.jpg
v5vA3.jpg

My secondary team that I've been using more than my main recently, lol:
AB3Q5.jpg
cuNXx.jpg
zR7Xd.jpg

Rest in peace, Black and White Deadpool alt. *Salutes*

smurfx

get some go again
I'm having a case of 3rd-character identity crisis. Sometimes I wish I could just pick a ratio2 Felicia+Taskmaster and be done with it.
yeah me too. i want to build a new team with task/hawkeye but i don't know who to choose and what style to choose from. striders dive kick assist is so damn powerful i might pick him up just for that. with him i can make sure characters can't run to the skies when trying to run from my zoning.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I have a team identity crisis. Trying to mix Hawkeye/Nova/Deadpool/Frank West/Spencer into a combination that is most enjoyable for me. Will probably be one of the middle 3 though, haven't actually experimented with synergy, just kind of been in the lab with characters individually to see what makes them tick.

Maybe it's just UMvC3.. but Spencer is much easier to play than I thought. You just always have to be on your toes. I would say his defensive game sucks, but there's no real big discrepancy across the cast when it comes to defense. It's just advantageous for Spencer to be constantly, unpredictably moving.

Soulstar

ks2iq.jpg
bYyFR.jpg
bS8Jj.jpg

This is my team atm. I haven't really had as much time to play this as I hoped so I'm still really bad but I'm still chugging along when I get the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom