• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Characters going in win screen order Assist1/Point/Assist2

EABXv.jpg
2kn0I.jpg
O3vhW.jpg

^New alt team

Dl26f.jpg
uPQv0.jpg
h9Cgr.jpg

^ Forsaken alt team

CLYqD.jpg
QUK90.jpg
R8GCJ.jpg

^Main team I suppose

I don't know anymore. I do best with my main team (no one knows what to do against Thor still) but if ever I'm left with Iron Man it's a struggle. It's really the loss of mobility that screws everything up. IM wasn't necessarily a good anchor but at least he had ways to get in. Now he has nothing. Taking away the double jump really hurts whenever IM is forced in. Have to eat a mixup now......... I hate Iron Man.

Ken

What's the Captain America combo where he catches you in an air shield slash, lands, does an attack in the air and another shield slash?

Giard

What's the Captain America combo where he catches you in an air shield slash, lands, does an attack in the air and another shield slash?
Seems similar to what I'm using...

MMHS j.H LShieldSlash (land) j.uH j.S (land) LShieldSlash (dash) S j.H j.S (land) LShieldSlash HyperChargingStar

Sorry if it's not the correct nomenclature. :p

ScrubGAF represent:
JUwNe.jpg
y76UM.jpg
Dl26f.jpg

In order of appearance.

Team "Way Cheaper Than You Think" (In regular order, not the weird win screen gahbage)

4zEMI.jpg
kCbwT.jpg
RplRF.jpg

Just wait till I get dat Ben Reilly impact webbing, then I can make some new team colors that aren't black or that involve a non-Simpsons Hawkeye.

Only trouble spots I've found for this team is Log Trap assist, Trish, Felicia (me playing badly that matchup poorly I think T_T) and the new Teleporting Big Sword Guy (which I plan to solve soon - movement problem on my part).

the costume pack with Ben Reilly alt is out already fyi

I thought it was only out on PSN? If it is, I need to pay better attention, haha.

Deadman

Got umvc3 and an arcade stick yesterday, this will be my team.

v5vA3.jpg
ZCACb.jpg
y8pr5.jpg

Thanks to the person who linked the offer on the wwe stick btw.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Team "Way Cheaper Than You Think" (In regular order, not the weird win screen gahbage)

Just wait till I get dat Ben Reilly impact webbing, then I can make some new team colors that aren't black or that involve a non-Simpsons Hawkeye.

Only trouble spots I've found for this team is Log Trap assist, Trish, Felicia (me playing badly that matchup poorly I think T_T) and the new Teleporting Big Sword Guy (which I plan to solve soon - movement problem on my part).

I thought it was only out on PSN? If it is, I need to pay better attention, haha.

Hmm, just checked. Still PSN only.

Iron Man can't really anchor anymore. He's a good 2nd character, though.

Anyways, this is what a real team looks like:

O3vhW.jpg
mJRZA.jpg
wPGJK.jpg

Gameplan:

Point:
  • Wesker fishes for hit confirms horizontally with Estaka assist, vertically with Strider.
  • Press A1 and 6H at the same time to anti-air with gunshot, delay 6H slightly against grounded opponents.
  • During assist downtime and while your opponent is trying to create an opening, cut the screen with super jump gunshots and teleport to an ideal position. Always try to chip with the gunshot a couple times, which will bring most characters into a kill combo position(2 bars with TAC, 3 bars without will do close to 1 million, gun chip is about 25k)
  • On hit confirm, either do Viscant vortex with opposite assist that you used to confirm the combo, or spend the meter for a kill.
  • If you kill during a TAC to Magneto, use Wesker assist after a Magneto BnB to Hyper Grav into Tempest then DHC back to Wesker rather than using Shockwave.
  • In glasses-off mode, Wesker does more damage and gets faster, but the plan doesn't change.

Assist:
  • If Wesker dies, it's not a big deal. Hopefully you've stored up some meter, if not, Magneto can build a shit ton with his corner carry combos.
  • Keep them blocking with Magnetic Blasts and Strider assists, then go in for a couple tridash mixups, using flight cancels to negate pushblock and bait dashes.
  • If you get cornered, go into flight and plink dash the fuck out.
  • Attraction/Repulsion/Gravitation to confuse and frustrate and(occasionally) force whiffs. There's no horizontal assist for Magneto on this team so it's not as big a deal, and it isn't nearly as good as the EVO build so use sparingly.
  • At the end of a corner combo, here's a good reset: S+A2, jL(~halfway up), 6H. If the throw hits, just drop with jS and do whatever. If Strider hits, either Shockwave and DHC or xfactor into combo, or Gravity Squeeze and follow into full combo. Latter is better for incoming characters that get hit by Strider(use repulsion so they can't escape easily). They can't tech forward because Magneto blocks them, but if they manage to block or get hit by jH, just cancel into jS, addf, jHS, H xx Hyper Grav L, whatever.

Anchor:
  • Fuckken... I don't even know, man.
  • Animals super xx lvl3 x-factor, teleport, forced guess into dead character, if they've got more, pop ouroboros with the meter you just built/had and do it like Steely Dan. That is, to say, again.

BnBs:

Wesker-
2L2M2H xx Hard Knockdown xx Teleport L, Low Shot, 2M2H xx Low Shot, 2M2HS, jMMHS, low shot
~480k on, 560k glasses off, I think? Somewhere in that ballpark. There are so many opening variations of this same Wesker combo that I forget.

Magneto-
jS, 2HS, H adf H xx Magnetic Blast L, land, jMMH adf jMH, land, jH adf jMH, S, jMMH aduf jMMHS
~540k

Alioune loop
~610k

Wesker/Magneto TAC
2L2M2H xx Hard Knockdown xx Teleport L, Low Shot, 2M2H xx Low Shot, 2M2HS, jMMH air tag(any), jMMH xx flight xx jH adf jH adf jH adf jH adf jH adf jH xx unfly jH adf jMHS, A1(low shot), Hyper Grav L xx Magnetic Tempest DHC Maximum Wesker
~960k, leaves Wesker in Glasses Off mode

Strider-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJjIva3fUag

bDDi3.png

I wanted to practice my Nova BnB and got paired up with a lessthanscrub. We played five games and I beat him 5-0 and he leaves. I understand.

Then I search for another game and end up being paired with that guy again, but I didn't notice this until I got to the character select screen. I didn't want to leave so I played him again and won. I was about to send a message to him apologizing since he obviously didn't want to play me again but then I was met with this:

cCfoN.jpg

I couldn't let that just slide. So I sent:

8auBu.jpg

I think I did well.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
The google results for that name are pretty hilarious too.

bodine1231

I friggin hate the Mission mode in this game. Why did they put the name of the move on the screen and not the input for the move? I hate having to go into the menu and check what the input is.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah was looking through my messages a few days ago. Seems like most of them come from the same couple of people. They themselves have messaged me 3-4 times each. It's like they don't realize they're sending the same hate mail to the same people.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
For some reason I haven't had a ragequit yet, whereas in Vanilla it was a fairly regular occurence. My winrate is about the same too, so I'm thinking maybe the game doesn't show people disconnecting the last possible second and count that as a win. I don't really believe people have gotten more mature. Wish you could still send feedback to people though, but because people don't show up in your recent player list anymore the system won't let you.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
wow, they didn't fix that? same problem was in mvc3 iirc

They did make it so you can lock the scroll list of commands to a section you actually need to memorize.

However, get this:

In SFIV, hitting the back button in missions toggles move names and commands.

In vanilla MVC3 the back button was for taunts, so this function wasn't available.

Mission mode in UMVC3 disables taunts on the back button, so that you can press back+start at the same time to instantly reset character positions to default. This is very good.

But...

... despite the fact that back button alone now does nothing, they didn't map toggling move names and commands to the back button. Even though back button is now free for a specific function.

Oh Capcom.

Dahbomb

Dahbomb, could you elaborate on the Nova/Vergil synergy? Haven't tried Vergil yet, but something feels off in either my Taskmaster/X-23/Nova team and Nova/Task/Dorm and permutations thereof.
Vergil/Nova is solid if you plan to play Vergil on point and Nova anchor.

DHC Synergy from Vergil to Nova: Vergil is this unique character where if he has the meter to DHC he would rather just use the meter himself to dish out the pain with Spiral sword loops. If however you want the guaranteed solid damage, you can do Dimension Slash and let all the hits finish so the opponent starts to drop and then hit them with the Nova Force DHC as they fall down. Works for the Blaster as well if you want to sacrifice the red health. And it's an optimum DHC so you are hardly losing out on any damage.

DHC Synergy from Nova to Vergil: There is a little known trick to Nova that if you DHC out of Nova Force hyper right before the final hit it causes an untechable knockdown which is enough for easy DHC follow ups. This is PERFECT for Vergil's Spiral Swords. People have finally figured out that DHC into Vergil nets a ton of damage especially if the point character didn't use wall bounce/ground bounce in their combos. You just use Nova Force, DHC before the final hit and let them fall into a Spiral Sword combo for very optimum damage.

Vergil on point Nova with Centurian Arts assist: There are basically 3 things that Vergil wants in an assist. An assist that allows him to combo after his Helm Breaker hard knockdown whether it's a simple OTG or combo after Rising Hightime OTG. An assist that preferably hits overhead for EASY mode unblockable set ups with Spiral Swords (low assists work with Vergil but Vergil's best overhead attack is j.H and it isn't too godlike). An assist that cover the screen very fast with active frames that covers him while he makes teleport cross ups so that it makes him safe and makes his cross ups harder to react to. Nova's Centurian Arts assist ticks off for 2 of those slots (not the last one, the first two). It is one of the very few assists that hits overhead for Vergil and it also has the additional benefit of comboing after Rising Hightime (although it has timing, in the corner it's fairly easy and you don't have to worry about spacing). You can somewhat use the assist during block string/pressure or mix ups for other purposes but it's not optimum. Vergil gets a ton more mileage out of random Helm Breaker and BnBs with an assist like Centurion Arts. The fact that it hits overhead as well makes it one of the best assists for Vergil's game plan as basically everytime you get the opponent in a knockdown you can activate Spiral Swords and call Centurian Arts for a free unblockable set up. You can also use Centurian Arts for dirty simultaneous left right teleport cross up PLUS high/low unblockable set ups.

Nova on point Vergil assist: Nova is so solid he doesn't even need assists. He benefits from Vajra but so does almost every character in the game. Judgment Cut is the only assist that would somewhat benefit Nova as it covers space and that assist in Devil Trigger is damn good. Rapid Slash isn't great for Nova as Rapid Slash is mostly great for teleport characters. Nova on point means he is building meter for Vergil to rape with later on as basically that's the main function of Vergil on anchor.

On your team you can try out Vergil/Taskmaster/Nova. Vergil has the projectile assist that he wants with Taskmaster along with Centurian Arts. With the trick I mentioned, you can DHC into Taskmaster arrows rather easily after Dimension Slash. Down Arrow hyper after air combo easily DHCs into Nova. You can also experiment with Vergil/Nova/Taskmaster which should also be equally as solid but it all just depends upon which character you are comfortable with playing on anchor.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the synergy help. I knew about the hard knock down from Supernova but thought you had to cancel it very early to get that effect. Will play around with that combination.

Holy crap that's a lot of theory fighter stuff gods beard. Dont you lose to q?? You should concentrate on more practical strats like how to punish up back and how to stop ppl from doing non stop buttons.

They did make it so you can lock the scroll list of commands to a section you actually need to memorize.

However, get this:

In SFIV, hitting the back button in missions toggles move names and commands.

In vanilla MVC3 the back button was for taunts, so this function wasn't available.

Mission mode in UMVC3 disables taunts on the back button, so that you can press back+start at the same time to instantly reset character positions to default. This is very good.

But...

... despite the fact that back button alone now does nothing, they didn't map toggling move names and commands to the back button. Even though back button is now free for a specific function.

Oh Capcom.

Honestly, the worst part of it all is that Capcom REMOVED that function in the SFIV to Super transition -____-

Is there like a checklist of Dr Doom stuff I gotta learn? I can do 2 reps of buktooth and 2 reps of corner foot-footdive stuff. I heard you're not supposed to use sphere flame anymore?

i guess i need like a combo ender

Crocodile

Nice to see that the ban has been lifted. Lots of excellent contributors were lost and it's good to have you guys back.

On a quasi related note, I'll say that IMO, the change in the win screen (pretty much what everyone is posting) was a massive downgrade from MvC3 :(

I friggin hate the Mission mode in this game. Why did they put the name of the move on the screen and not the input for the move? I hate having to go into the menu and check what the input is.
That and the lack of instant replays for mission mode combos. Still, it would probably be the last thing I would fix since mission mode's combo setup sucks ass and replays/move toggling buttons wouldn't fix that.

Welcome back, guys.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
I wanted to practice my Nova BnB and got paired up with a lessthanscrub. We played five games and I beat him 5-0 and he leaves. I understand.

Then I search for another game and end up being paired with that guy again, but I didn't notice this until I got to the character select screen. I didn't want to leave so I played him again and won. I was about to send a message to him apologizing since he obviously didn't want to play me again but then I was met with this:

cCfoN.jpg

I couldn't let that just slide. So I sent:

8auBu.jpg

I think I did well.

Should of replied: "Why? You're already my bitch" ;p

McNum

So I took a Zelda break and put some time in Training Mode to get that air DP motion down. Not quite there yet, but it doesn't short circuit my mind to figure out how anymore. The rest, is practice, practice, practice. I can do practice.

Also, wow at Ryu in this game. He's pretty good, isn't he? I kind of dismissed him when thinking up a decent team, because, you know, MvC3 Ryu. But he's improved a lot. The new moves on S are just fun, and his powerup mode seems like it's more powerful than I thought. But the best best part about UMvC3 Ryu? He has the Ultimate post battle taunt. No, not talking about hitting the taunt button, try using his powerup mode Hyper after the fight. The camera does a dramatic zoom to Ryu's face as he shouts "CHALLENGE ME!" It's a silly stunt, but funny.

I really should start putting together a team so I can fight some of the Euro-PSN-ScrubGAF people. Kind of given up on Thor for now, his Hypers are difficult at best to DCH into. Might look at Hawkeye as Gimlet DHCs nicely into Felicia's Please Help Me! (H). I just don't like the rest of Hawkeye...

Hey 360GAF, can any of you pick out a match where that Simple Mode French Lagger was using Firebrand? It was actually really effective and I'd like to analyze one of those videos where he does nothing but just swoop around.

V_Arnold

Anyone up for some games? OldernFraay is the current ID (free live for new 360, lulz), EU, 360, scrub, Vergil/Viper/Doc/Hawkeye/etc user. Hit me up, invite if any EU lobbies are going on! :)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Like I said I don't know what to think about him OVERALL in terms of the game's meta but this is what my rundown with him has been:

PROS

*Almost all of his normals feel better even including his cr.M which is even more beastly. You can actually use st.M to combo into from a juggle/anti-air situation. J.S now properly crosses up on opponents so Iron Man actually has a decent right/left mix up in his arsenal. This makes his hit confirms on the ground and in the air easier.

*Replusor Blast/Spread is hella buffed... in priority, in ease of input and hard knockdown. This is his best anti-air options especially against sword users. Yeah comboing off of its hard knockdown is not that easy but it's doable with Smart Bombs into cr.M. This is a very important part of Iron Man's control of mid screen. Comboing Repulsor Spreads -> Smart Bombs with assists lead to heavy damage with IM (I saw a video with IM using only 1 bar that crossed 1 million in damage!!!).

*Smart Bombs are hella buffed. The damage is buffed so combo ending with Smart Bomb -> Proton Cannon pack a punch and Proton cannon does more damage due to mashing. Less recovery in the air of Smart Bombs means they are a much better pressure/zoning tool and they are a primary way of covering IM's approaches due to his slow start up on dashes from super jump height. The lesser ground recovery means you can easily link cr.M after it into BnB from corner throws, Repulsor Spread and even after certain air combos for relaunches. They are also an important part of IM's control of mid screen.

*Up to down air dash is hella buffed. Like IM has a better high/low mix up than both Nova and Magneto. When coming down he can easily do j.L or cr.L and it's a guaranteed 50/50 mix up at close range. This combined with his faster flight cancel meaning if you can get your opponent locked in for even a second on the ground they can get opened up by IM.

*Dash cancellable normals is very nice as it gives IM much more flexibility in developing combos and air to air hit confirms. He has a very more fleshed out combo game when before he had to rely on just a couple of combos. You should do more soul searching with IM's BnB combos as he has a range of decently easy but good damaging combos to high execution high damaging combos. Now that IM can link j.M after a flight cancel on the ground, he can hit confirm into his KrispyKreme combo from very far distances.

*IM is sort of more versatile in his usage of his air dashes. His tri-dash is mostly used to get in from very far/full screen/SJ height away with smart bomb and after the start up he comes in fast enough and nearing the opponent they have to guess high/low again. Box dash is his mid screen approach with j.S leading into a possible cross up. Up/down air dash for very close mix ups. You have to choose one of these approaches at the certain distance so you can't do tri-dash at close range or box dash at long range. Due to his great normals, it's hard to hit him out of his dashes and use of Smart bombs makes punishing him a bit more difficult than it appears.

*Cr.H buff is of course beastly as expected. He can spam cr.H into Repulsors and unibeam at even full screen away and it makes getting on him a pain. It also allows easier hit confirms as he can even do flight cancel combos after cr.H.

*With all the assists that were nerfed due to hit stun changes, IM's Unibeam is very valuable now as it locks them in place anyway until the hits are over and you can still easily follow up after it.

CONS

*Start up on all his dashes hurt him for sure. Tri-dash at mid range is a joke. This even applies some what to his ground dash and this affects his reset game because it's harder for him to do Smart Bombs dash up air throw. Speaking of his air throw at mid screen, he has a harder time following up air throws at a certain vertical distance. It's doable but it feels harder.

*Due to no block during air dash and having a start up on air dashes... getting in with IM is more difficult and characters like Hawkeye and Ghost Rider give him immense trouble. It's goes without saying but IM does not qualify for a rushdown character anymore.

*While IM's XF bonuses are nice along with the speed boost... I still feel IM is a weak anchor in this game. His air throw game is iffy and he still has trouble getting in so mounting a comeback with him is difficult. I think 2nd slot is the best option for him at this point because seriously the amount of top anchors in this game is going to make IM look like a joke at the back.

*No double jump means no more double overheads. It's missed. :(

Overall I feel that IM has been greatly buffed in his control of mid screen, his hit confirms, overall damage (which was good before but even better now) and general zoning but weakened in his throw game and general rushdown which by default makes him a worse anchor. You have to play him different now for sure and you have to pester the opponent into coming to him so you can space them out with his gigantic hit boxes and then confirm into a possible TOD. Of course he can't do that against the sword characters but you would be surprised the stuff he can beat out. He's still a high execution character but the barrier of entry has been lowered for him. He gives off a poor impression when you first play him sort of like vanilla Doom but when you get into him more you realize that he's better than you thought he was.
So much knowledge! j.S crosses up properly now? I need to check this shit out.

I was having a shitload of trouble dealing with Ghost rider specifically, seems like he can dominate IM from any range or position, especially when IM relies so heavily on those airdashes to get in, and GR can stop him in his tracks, and AA quite competently.

I would like to keep him 2nd and Ryu 3rd, but I feel Ryu/IM assist combo is too godlike to give up, it just doesn't work the other way around. I chalk it up to a team fault, to a team I otherwise consider very strong, but I can't see IM working 2nd on my specific team.

I'm terrible and I'm getting my ass kicked so bad online it's not even funny, yet I keep playing and I'm having fun.

Tell me the truth, GAF, am I a sick human being?
No. You and me are part of *actual* scrubGAF tier, not those fraudulent scrubs like Parallax and co. I love this game to death and I could not possibly be worse at it.

Also shoutouts to Enzo giving me shoutouts for helping give him the theories for his team that bodied the shit outta the stream for awhile. That was a lot of praise Enzo and it was your work on learning those characters that made all that theorizing worth anything. Your truly awesome at what you do and I was glad some of the things we talked about help you get the idea to create your Godly Ryu/IronFist/Ironman team.
For those that missed it you don't even know...combos keep going, you can't keep him away, dhc's, otg extensions, and soooooooo much damage. Enzo is looking sick with his options.
Thanks brother. We shall maintain Lei-Kung's legacy forever. Also, shoutouts to you giving yourself shout outs :p

There's still a lot I need to learn, and my relationship with IF is pretty love/hate at the moment because of his air options. I'm used to running a team that usually goes for overheads so it's kinda rough with IF who doesn't have nearly as many options.

Wow, you guys really love color coding your teams.
I don't play a team unless there is colour coordination to some degree.

My issue with mission mode is the first 6-7 missions are mind numbingly easy (provided you actually know what they want you to do.. I'm looking at you Morrigan and Chun, and then there is a difficulty spike. This is especially problematic for casuals.

On a quasi related note, I'll say that IMO, the change in the win screen (pretty much what everyone is posting) was a massive downgrade from MvC3 :(
Yes, total fucking downgrade, I hate it. Shit, I want it back even if they keep Jill derp face. The transition from victory pose > win screen was flawless in the last game too and kept the comic book aesthetic too, massive downgrade.

BY2K

Membero Americo
With Spencer, after I do a jWire GrappleH on a enemy on the ground at the edge of the screen, how can I follow it up?

Grecco

My issue with mission mode is the first 6-7 missions are mind numbingly easy (provided you actually know what they want you to do.. I'm looking at you Morrigan and Chun, and then there is a difficulty spike. This is especially problematic for casuals.

I agree with this 110 percent. I dont think that spike was there in Vanilla

Xevren

Some of the missions just don't make any sense. No one in their right mind would do some of them in a match. Just got done with Iron Man's and his 9th was pretty stupid.

Welcome back to the banned members! Oooh, a new Make Your Team...much better than the old one.

cy9ncnw
bnsqell
crgujlj

My team's been doing a little better with the switch from Phoenix to point...among friends, anyway. I think my blocking has been improving as well, although fast characters like X-23 and Spiderman are definitely getting the best of me. That, and as amazing as Ammy is an anchor, it burns when someone like Dr. Strange reads his book and X-Factors into another book. Man...watching that health bar disappear in a second is just saddening. I'm kind of tempted to run Team Darkstalkers again, but I'll see how much I can continue to improve sticking to my day 1 team.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
With Spencer, after I do a jWire GrappleH on a enemy on the ground at the edge of the screen, how can I follow it up?
Does one of the missions not cover that?

You can grapple in diagonally forward to connect another LMH>Armor Piercer I think while they're still in hitstun from the wall bounce. Or just land and do bionic arm.

Some of the missions just don't make any sense. No one in their right mind would do some of them in a match. Just got done with Iron Man's and his 9th was pretty stupid.

Shout outs to shield slash being the worst assist in the game and being ham fisted into missions in vanilla.

matics said:
So have they given us any date on that post-release DLC?
It'd be nice to have some extra modes, ya know.
Kinda limited right now.
Not for H&H mode, but the DLC costume packs have been dated and priced. You can see that information in OP.

LakeEarth

Is there like a checklist of Dr Doom stuff I gotta learn? I can do 2 reps of buktooth and 2 reps of corner foot-footdive stuff. I heard you're not supposed to use sphere flame anymore?

i guess i need like a combo ender

It's situational. I've noticed that DHCing from Nemesis main hyper into finger lasers does more than sphere flame now. The nerf to sphere flame damage and the mashing buff to finger lasers has changed things.

Bizazedo

That one's the best.

Separate question, when that happens, what's the best solution to get out of it? :(.

I'm sad I had you death to rights one game and then dropped my combo before the launcher. Would have liked to win at least one game against you. I was fairly outclassed in the lobby but still had fun.

Also, for future reference: did anyone have an issue with my connection? Gamertag was NAFLA, I had no problems apart from the very first game where I forgot to pause the stream while playing.

You were okay. Both you and Tobe especially had some lag, but it was playable, it was just I didn't take it badly if I lost against you guys if y'know what I mean :).

It was definitely playable, though, and we were just all there for fun. I'd play again.

Xevren

I dunno how to do the picture stuff like that but my team is Vergil/Nova/Hawkeye. Very happy with it. Just wish I could find what's going on with my connection, shit has been spiking so bad online play has been terrible. Blah!

Dahbomb

As lame as it sounds, Iron Man's best option against Ghost Rider is to super jump Smart Bombs on top of him. There is a certain portion of the screen that Ghost Rider can't control well and you can frustrate him into having to super jump up and do j.H. You can use this opportunity to get closer or go for an air throw.

It's a bad match up though and it's bad against Hawkeye as well.

Shield Slash assist is great... don't hate because you can't do that Mission mode combo with Sentinel using Drones. HAHA! Yeah Mission mode is lame, it has some really impractical combos. Most of them are really just proof of concepts or ideas to get in your head than actual BnBs.

The scaling to Sphere Flame definitely feels changed/reduced. It doesn't hit hard as it used to even doing Sphere Flame XF Sphere Flame sometimes doesn't outright kill opponents.

Oh and Ghost Rider/Hawkeye/Sentinel is the zoning equivalent of Wolverine/Wesker/Akuma. It's dumb as hell, anyone can play it and it's easy as hell to win with. I am sure people have similar teams to this online and are frustrating as hell to deal with. I know if I ever play online, this is the time I will play for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom