• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

When people realized after playing him for more than 5 minutes that he is stupid good. The greatness of his throw game was obvious even from his reveal trailer yet people cried over his lack of unique traits etc.

He's such a Combofiend character it's not even funny. Great slide, great throw game, great j.H, full screen punish hyper, damage, mix ups and mobility.

I still cant pick a third character. Vergil on point strider second and cap anchoring. It sorta works..

Just pick Wesker dude, seriously. I've won so much local tournament money via Wesker on anchor it's not even funny.

It's herp derp but what are you gonna do. Having Wesker makes playing with my other characters that much more fun due to his OTG assist.

Azure J

nova had the best air throw and ground throw in the game. Anyone who thinks otherwise is lol. Seeing nova in all these teams, when did he become such a popular bandwagon

Kinda funny given all the cries of him being bland and what not. Someone put it best somewhere else, he's like the garbage man in the roster. He doesn't look too flashy or wild at first but he gets the job done.

Anyway Dahbomb, this is my standard setup: Zero (Ryuenjin) / Wesker (Samurai Edge) / Vergil (Rapid Slash).

Zero assists aren't great, but Vergil can use Ryuenjin + High Time, teleport, superjump to combo OTG, and Wesker can do OTG gunshot + Ryuenjin then follow up with superjump BCS -> Phantom Dance. I use Zero's airthrow -> Wesker assist to start combos every chance I get. This is scrubby as hell, but one of my biggest sources of damage on this team is to do an extended Zero combo, down-TAC into Wesker, knockdown, OTG gun, THC. The THC damage on this team after a gunshot is very high. The other majorly scrubby thing I do is relying on herpderp Dark Vergil for comebacks.

You're absolutely right that the team could really use a projectile assist. I've been trying to learn Doom for like a week straight now. And I want to start playing Vergil on point more like you suggest so I can get better with him, but he'll need a good assist for that as well. If I get good enough with Doom, I could potentially drop any one of those 3 characters for him.

You lied cloud! Magneto on point with that team? FIX YOUR SHIT

As for Nova vs Wesker throws, neither one is really any better, and both have good setups that are team dependent. That said, Wesker is better.

lol I assumed everyone was posting the pictures of how it would appear on the screen before the match starts.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
nova had the best air throw and ground throw in the game. Anyone who thinks otherwise is lol. Seeing nova in all these teams, when did he become such a popular bandwagon
I'm not sure why people have been and still are saying there's a Nova bandwagon like it's something new, he was always a popular choice after the first half hour of his reveal when the pandemonium settled..

Neki

I'm not sure why people have been and still are saying there's a Nova bandwagon like it's something new, he was always a popular choice after the first half hour of his reveal when the pandemonium settled..

i meant on gaf. Knew he would be popular online, but he had zero hype going into day one and suddenly he's the most popular new comer besides frank and vergil lol

galvatron

i meant on gaf. Knew he would be popular online, but he had zero hype going into day one and suddenly he's the most popular new comer besides frank and vergil lol

He's just super easy to play and his mission mode stuff is actually practical. It's like the person who picked his missions was actually trying to teach you the character instead of just making busy work for the players...

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

I did my best to hype him dammit.

He just looks cool. Like, I went out and bought Nova comics when I saw his reveal trailer*.

*All according to keikaku says Marvel.

Good man.

. Maybe before that I can get some recording footage up of at least the tech to show people that I am not BS.

Like I said - jerry rig it, grab your smartphone, point it at your tv and hit record. We don't need it in 1080p with 7.1 surround sound to see some visual demonstration of your training mode tech that you post about. People do it all the time - half of the tech videos that show up on SRK's home page is from camcorder footage off of a TV.

Proper record equipment - especially ones that don't cause lag can be expensive.

Also - you don't have internet access at your home/apartment/dorm? Like Enzo said - PSN is free. Use whatever means you're using to make these posts and just apply it to your PS3. Unless of course, it's a library or something. Seeing actual video evidence of your tech will go a long way into helping people out.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
The Royal Spanish house is now looking into the resemblance to the King of Spain after seeing the UMvC3 costume. LOL

They can't really scrap it cause it's on disc, but it'd be cool if they replaced his costume with you know, a good one. One of the weakest of all the DLC /cantnamealternativesbesidexorn.

Actually, helmetless would be badass enough for me.

I'm gonna be very pissed if I can't play as the King of Spain. No way they're opening the Xorn can of worms again. That remains to be one of the worst handled writer transitions and caused such a convoluted mess.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Like I said - jerry rig it, grab your smartphone, point it at your tv and hit record. We don't need it in 1080p with 7.1 surround sound to see some visual demonstration of your training mode tech that you post about. People do it all the time - half of the tech videos that show up on SRK's home page is from camcorder footage off of a TV.

Proper record equipment - especially ones that don't cause lag can be expensive.
Yeah, anyone that cares for watching new tech on display doesn't give a shit about video quality as long as you can actually see what's going on.

It's nice, but not necessary.

The Royal Spanish house is now looking into the resemblance to the King of Spain after seeing the UMvC3 costume. LOL

They can't really scrap it cause it's on disc, but it'd be cool if they replaced his costume with you know, a good one. One of the weakest of all the DLC /cantnamealternativesbesidexorn.

Actually, helmetless would be badass enough for me.
This is probably one of the cooler DLC alts in the game. I'm glad they chose it and I wonder if the folks who don't like it have ever read The House of M.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is probably one of the cooler DLC alt in the game. I'm glad they chose it and I wonder if the folks who don't like it have ever read The House of M.
I haven't and don't like it! I would admit watching a gravity squeeze with that would be cool but seeing the rest of his moves with him in that attire would look weird as hell.

Also Hsien-Ko's Parappa The Rappa alt >> House of M Magneto.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
If the King of Spain held any power here, he would ban you again for this insolence against the throne, enzo :p

Ken

So I think I can pull off each of these character's simplest BnB combos most of the time but I don't really know a lot of about "team synergy." Any advice on team building out of these characters?

Nova, Hawkeye, Captain America, Frank West, and Vergil. I'm working on learning Taskmaster because I really like his alternate costume but I can't get his simple BnB to finish consistently yet.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
So I think I can pull off each of these character's simplest BnB combos most of the time but I don't really know a lot of about "team synergy." Any advice on team building out of these characters?

Nova, Hawkeye, Captain America, Frank West, and Vergil. I'm working on learning Taskmaster because I really like his alternate costume but I can't get his simple BnB to finish consistently yet.

Taskmaster's combos are very mash friendly. If you're dropping the Shield Skills after the Spidey Swing and H, the second you have to do the H press it multiple times while holding back H if you can't get the timing down.

Ken

Taskmaster's combos are very mash friendly. If you're dropping the Shield Skills after the Spidey Swing and H, the second you have to do the H press it multiple times while holding back H if you can't get the timing down.

I'm actually dropping the standing M after air S in this combo:

Web swing -> MM -> Web swing -> MMS -> MH 4H S...

Although if there are better simple BnB combos I wouldn't mind learning them.

Frantic

Give Web Swing > j.H > Web Swing > Aim Master M > s.MH a try. I'm pretty sure it does more damage than that version, and I personally find it easier for me to do. Plus it's stylish looking. :p

Yo da bomb so ill probably run a side team with nova and vergil due to your post, do you have any other recommendations for a third aside from taskmaster though? Well I if were to run those three what would u recommend for optimal order and assists?

Also what are easy mode teamsfor Hawkeye, strider, Dr strange, dorm, and doom? Don't care if they overlap with each other or not.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

Try MMH there, it does slightly less damage but may be easier to hit consistently for you.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Welcome back to the banned members! Oooh, a new Make Your Team...much better than the old one.

cy9ncnw
bnsqell
crgujlj

My team's been doing a little better with the switch from Phoenix to point...among friends, anyway. I think my blocking has been improving as well, although fast characters like X-23 and Spiderman are definitely getting the best of me. That, and as amazing as Ammy is an anchor, it burns when someone like Dr. Strange reads his book and X-Factors into another book. Man...watching that health bar disappear in a second is just saddening. I'm kind of tempted to run Team Darkstalkers again, but I'll see how much I can continue to improve sticking to my day 1 team.

How do you survive with phoenix? All the matches I had against phoenix has been a complete wash for them. If you give him constant pressure no way he is going to level up.

Chris G dropping Firebrand for Wesker again huh?

Shame, I really liked his Firebrand.

It's the same reason why a lot of characters in a person's team can be dropped for Wesker.

Wesker's relatively safe normals, high damage output, mix up and reset potential, strong life, good options and strong assists and easy mode execution is the type of character that you think to yourself, "wait, why am I -not- using Wesker." Granted, if you're in a "to win it all" competitive mentality. Casually - naturally, you play whoever the fuck you want to play.

Seik

Banned
GAF...GAF...GAF... D:

I wanted to WAIT! Wait until christmas! But that shit was fucking unbearable.

7z8JB.jpg

Consider my body as ready in the next hours...its been a while since I played. High chances that my team will be Zero/Virgil/Wesker but I'll try them all first hand. GET HYPE!

How do you survive with phoenix? All the matches I had against phoenix has been a complete wash for them. If you give him constant pressure no way he is going to level up.

Well, I've been trying out different things, but I think one of the most important things when playing him is to take your time with the evidence and actually use the character. It's difficult to run away from a rushdown character, so actually fighting them and taking time with evidence searching seems to be important. Also, say you have 2 good pieces of evidence and one piece of bad evidence. If you feel the projectiles are good enough, switch to Trial Mode and fight with them until you can land Order in the Court, which does pretty good damage and it removes that bad evidence. If I end up with 2 bad pieces of evidence and 1 good, I would stay in Investigation a bit longer.

This is all the view of a scrub, though. It would just make sense to me that having patience, good blocking ability and helpful assists would make your life a lot easier--and Turnabout being a really nice reward.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jaxel is an atrocious game commentator, however on the break when they're always commentating on miscellaneous stuff, it's hilarious when Jaxel pulls out the most obscure facts in the middle of discussions. Naturally Nina never has any idea what he's talking about so it's hilarious. Sp00ky is one of the best to do it. That's right, pick em up, Oooh, OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH, off the command throw!.

Welcome to the hype train that never runs out of steam, Seik.

EDIT: WTF they're STILL talking about Final Fantasy in the stream chat? God damn.

GAF...GAF...GAF... D:

I wanted to WAIT! Wait until christmas! But that shit was fucking unbearable.

7z8JB.jpg

Consider my body as ready in the next hours...its been a while since I played. High chances that my team will be Zero/Virgil/Wesker but I'll try them all first hand. GET HYPE!

So what are you getting for Christmas now?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Are you guys talking about a Nova bandwagon without making Dick Rider jokes? How is that even possible?
How come everytime I try to google Nova, there's no reference to this Dick Rider name for him anywhere? What's the source of this. Everything else canonically lists his name as Richard Rider. I NEED PROOF FOR THIS JOKE TO WORK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom