• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

How come everytime I try to google Nova, there's no reference to this Dick Rider name for him anywhere? What's the source of this. Everything else canonically lists his name as Richard Rider. I NEED PROOF FOR THIS JOKE TO WORK.

Dick is a common nickname for guys named Richard.

I don't even know and always wanted to know how that shit works in regards to the names though. :lol

V_Arnold

Dahbomb, I am reading your comments since you guys are back (welcome back, btw), and I have to say thank you for opening my eyes.

I am kind of a newbie when it comes to MVC3, even though I played some 60-100+ hours in the original, I was never really exploring all the combo possibilities of my "mains". But I went to the lab with Vergil alone, and I had stumbled into kind of a mental block.

What you said about comboing into Devil Trigger then continuing was simply amazing :D Today was the first day when I tried it, and now I need to memorize that instead of simply ending any combo with a df.H->hyper.

Also, I seem to consistently (60%~ or more) pull off the forward dp+L -> trick-> sjc.M-> stuff, it is really not that hard once the timing is practiced.

If you have any insight regarding the optimal usage of the blade hyper, please elaborate on, because I only can pull that off consistently against big characters. Against normal-sized ones, the combo drops when I try to do something like teleport up...

How come everytime I try to google Nova, there's no reference to this Dick Rider name for him anywhere? What's the source of this. Everything else canonically lists his name as Richard Rider. I NEED PROOF FOR THIS JOKE TO WORK.

WIKIPEDIA TO THE RESCUE

Short forms

English: Rik, Rick, Rich, Dick, Ric, (Australian). Slovak: Rišo, Riško, Riči. Polish: Rysio, Rysiek, Ryś. Czech: Ríša. Spanish: Cayo (Guatemala). Finnish: Riku. Estonian: Riho.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dick is a common nickname for guys named Richard.

I don't even know and always wanted to know how that shit works in regards to the names though. :lol
WIKIPEDIA TO THE RESCUE
WTF.. okay I'll take it.

I want to be in there, but my better judgment is telling me I should go back to writing my essay.

EDIT: Okay I'll go back after Grand Finals. Grand Finals on Salty Battles 7 starting now.

Dieminion, Nerdjosh, and Noel Brown are going to be playing here http://www.twitch.tv/dontblowthis

I want to watch it but I just cant stand DSP

Yeah, I always thought the guy was a bit annoying with his commentary on his youtube champion walkthroughs, but then he made those racist comments towards blacks and middle easterners and I was like - enough of this fool. Whether he's doing it in jest or not - I don't know. But the nature and the repeatability in his comments is distasteful. Basically I'm glad that we have David and James doing commentary here on the West Coast.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah, I always thought the guy was a bit annoying with his commentary on his youtube champion walkthroughs, but then he made those racist comments towards blacks and middle easterners and I was like - enough of this fool. Whether he's doing it in jest or not - I don't know. But the nature and the repeatability in his comments is distasteful. Basically I'm glad that we have David and James doing commentary here on the West Coast.
Wow really?

As if I needed more reasons to hate fucking DSP.

DSP = DarkSydePhil, I assume?

I remember him showing off an arcade stick I think it was in a YT video and there was a group of people talking outside at the time. He commented, "What's going on out there? Is there an African Tribe outside or something?" I didn't know whether to stop watching or what.

He's a goof.

Wow really?

As if I needed more reasons to hate fucking DSP.

It was during one of his playthroughs - I just found it interesting that the few 2 or 3 walkthroughs I watch of his (because I was generally interested in those games) all of which he kept making inappropriate comments regarding minorities and various minority based characters in the games he was playing. Again - it is what it is. Whatever. Like I said - he could be the nicest guy in person, I don't know him, so whatever.

spingdashing said:
DSP = DarkSydePhil, I assume?

I remember him showing off an arcade stick I think it was in a YT video and there was a group of people talking outside at the time. He commented, "What's going on out there? Is there an African Tribe outside or something?" I didn't know whether to stop watching or what.

Yeah, I remember that one as well.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I respect anybody who is business minded but not at the expense of others. He's always been sort of condescending and hateful at times so whatever. I don't like people who makes excuses when something doesn't go their way. DSP is pretty good at that. Even more surprising is the amount of people who believe in him. Just goes to show you the types of people there are in this world.

Ah, a new build a team? I love these things.

QYTrV.jpg
3Dy5D.jpg
wPGJK.jpg

2 Things.

I really wanted to stay away from all new characters, but this team has too much going for it.

And I never ever expected to pick up Strider, but there he is.

Ken

Got my first rage quit/disconnect in ranked match against some guy with a 30-4, 10 win streak. He killed my first two characters easily but I killed his Vergil, Sentinel, and Wesker with a XF level 3 Frank West and two shopping carts. Then he countered with a disconnect. His gamer tag was something Impasse.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Just pick Wesker dude, seriously. I've won so much local tournament money via Wesker on anchor it's not even funny.

It's herp derp but what are you gonna do. Having Wesker makes playing with my other characters that much more fun due to his OTG assist.

I still wanna try to salvage my magneto. Im trying to figure out some bnb's but i feel like i got 11 thumbs playing with him now.

No wonder you thought they were harder than bold cancels.

Indeed I did.

Anyway, knowing that you can dash cancel j.S doesn't change the fact that I can only get 2 reps on buktooth before they're at the wrong height or something and drop out. I'm trying out this other midscreen loop:

cr.LMHS ^ MM f.H S ADDF, whiff j.M, tridash, s.H, S ...

I found it on SRK but I don't know if the combo has a name. Are there any videos of this combo with input display? I'm struggling with the timing on the ADDF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom