• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ranked win/loss ratio is pretty terrible... (16w 32l last I checked) Granted, I haven't really been playing much ranked, as I find myself actually having more enjoyable Player Matches instead. (And I usually learn a thing or two there too.)

My ranked win/loss ratio is pretty terrible... (16w 32l last I checked) Granted, I haven't really been playing much ranked, as I find myself actually having more enjoyable Player Matches instead. (And I usually learn a thing or two there too.)

I don't even care about my ratio or my rank. I just play for the match experience. I got it up to 60 wins and 60 losses but then my ratio tanked from there. Whatever.

ReiGun

Zero players, any combos you'd recommend? This is the one I'm doing currently:

LMH, assist (projectile), shippuga, MH, shippuga S, j.MM, buster, raikousen L, S, j.MMHS, Super

Basic BnB. Just interested in seeing what others are doing out there.

Also, the quotes in this game are great.

Iron Man to Nova said:
In Spanish, your name means "it doesn't go". You are aptly named, amigo.

Spidey to Firebrand said:
You know, you sort of look like the guy who ruined my marriage...

Magneto to Wright said:
I sacrifice for mutantkind. Lawyers only sacrifice their dignity.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
5CfeK.jpg

My favorite of the new ones.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
If I were to run,

Firebrand: ???
Magneto: Estaka
Strider: LOL Vajra

in that order, what would a good assist for Firebrand be? I probably should switch Maggy for Doom, but I'm loyal to the Stylish Magnetic overlord.

no way jose

Beat Spiderman with Deadpool. Do it right now and see the most amazing thing in the world
Deadpool also makes a comment about a Broadway musical before they fight. I forget what he says exactly.

Edit: I don't get the Firebrand looks like Joe Quesada bit. Anyone mind explaining?

ReiGun

Deadpool also makes a comment about a Broadway musical before they fight. I forget what he says exactly.

Edit: I don't get the Firebrand looks like Joe Quesada bit. Anyone mind explaining?

Spider-Man is actually trying to say FB looks like Mephisto, the demon who ended his marriage. Red Arremer was just being cute since that story was Quesada's fault. :p

Also, Nova wins the "Best shit talkers" award. He'll even pop off on Captain America. And the heat he throws at Skrull is just mean.

Zero players, any combos you'd recommend? This is the one I'm doing currently:

LMH, assist (projectile), shippuga, MH, shippuga S, j.MM, buster, raikousen L, S, j.MMHS, Super

Basic BnB. Just interested in seeing what others are doing out there.
I'm no expert and I'm still using mostly vanilla tech. I pretty much freestyle with Zero at this point. Here's a few I use:

cr.B, st.C, f+C, S ^ BBCS, Wesker OTG assist, S ^ BB, buster, lightning, S, BBC.... I think hitstun might fuck it up at this point, I forget

cr.B, st.C, f+C, S ^ BB, buster, lightning, S, BBCS, Vergil Rapid Slash assit, green divekick, S, BBC ...

cr.B, st.C, f+C, S ^ BBCS, green divekick, buster, lightning, S ^ BBCS, green divekick, buster, lightning, S ^ C, TAC

BY2K

Membero Americo
Mission 8, Spencer.

How do I pull off the end of the combo? I'm too close for the Air Hook Grapple M to hit. My guess is I activate X-Factor too soon after the Bionic Arm, but I don't know when I'm supposed to.

@SolarKnight: The furcoat line is a generic one though. =)

As for favorite lines, I'm gonna go with pissed off Shuma-Gorath. Anyone who said the new voice actor was badly cast is SO fucking wrong. Speaking of which, the guy who voiced him before apparently died, so it would've been impossible to get him back.

I also really really love Doom's quotes to Ghost Rider, especially the entrance quote. So badass. <3

BY2K

Membero Americo
Spider-Man to Firebrand: "You know, you sorta look like the guy who ruined my marriage."

God damn, even Marvel is trolling its fans, now.

Frantic

GGs to all in Kadey's lobby. Smurf is starting to come back from his streak of fraudulence. :p

Also, Azure Jericho, I really like playing your Dante/Vergil/Morrigan theory team. It's awesome. XD

lol, couldn't Marvel sue Brokentier?

It's in Marvel's best interest to let Rocket Raccoon's appeal develop from the grass-roots. It's the same reason Capcom doesn't step in and decides to anally abuse 95% of the fighting game community for some sort of infringement if they so chose to.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Arcade mode cleared 3 times...

Dat Nova ending! :D
I've beaten arcade mode with every character on very hard. Dem titles. New endings and changed ones are generally very good.

:O
WTF Hawkeye's little lightning bolt forward OTGs?
Dude your combo videos are fucking insane, much respect. Spencer grapple + IF synergy is INGENIOUS.

My personal favorite is Morrigan's winquote to Wright:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w7MxmOYdXE
Hahahaha holy shit. Greatest game ever? Greatest game ever.

My favourite one currently, Iron Man to Nova. YO HOL DAT.

Chris G dropping Firebrand for Wesker again huh?

Shame, I really liked his Firebrand.
I figured it was only a matter of time. Two meter intensive characters on his team.

I already did. :p
Thank you!

Good stuff!

Mephisto would've been the perfect replacement for Blackheart.

oh well
Indeed.

alas the dread dormmamu had defeated his greatest foe.
Who is also nothing to him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom