• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
No love for Ghost Rider's win quote to Trish? "I eat demons like Mundus for breakfast" Gotta love how Ghost Rider and Dorm shit all over Mundus.

Has anyone else noticed this weird sound effect that happens sometimes in matches? I'm not sure how to describe it but its sounds like something out of the matrix and I swear I see some yellow cube like particles that appear then disappear instantly and I've only ever seen it happen on the 2p side.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm starting off a list here. I seem to get people confused all the time on stream and what not.

Quote the list and add your on. Everybody do it. If you don't have for a particular system, just put N/A.

⌠Xbox Live Gamertag⌡ ⌠PSN Username⌡

Kadey1up Kadey1up

I'm starting off a list here. I seem to get people confused all the time on stream and what not.

Quote the list and add your on. Everybody do it. If you don't have for a particular system, just put N/A.

Gunstar (Gunstarheroes77)
Kadey1up Kadey1up

Done and done.

Giard

Kadey1up Kadey1up
LeGiard N/A

Degen

Kadey1up Kadey1up
LeGiard N/A
N/A Dragon17013

but like, this goofy-ass format though.

Kadey1up Kadey1up

XBL: N/A
PSN: ProfessorBeef

Giard

BTW Kadey, what's the easiest way to join your lobby on 360? I think it would be better if you were on MahvelGAF.
(if we all were actually :p)

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

Kadey1up Kadey1up

XBL: OldschoolGamerZ
PS3: N/A

Dacidbro talking about that anti-Vergil tech.

Apparently if you cross-counter Vergil's block string, it causes an auto-whiff. Which means Vergil's fucked unless you burn X-factor or DT (and DT may not be fast enough).

kirblar

DacidBro on the SRK stream claims Vergil is pretty free to Cross Over Counters. Interesting- kinda jibes with the general "DONT PUSHBLOCK HIM" stuff people are saying.

What do you guys think of Thor/MODOK/Doom? You think that would work? I'm thinking of having MODOK take the beam and Doom the missiles (lockdown and covering his aerial movement like the missiles do helps Thor immensely, and probably will work with MODOK trying to get the opponent into the corner; also is save behind the barrier), but I'm not sure.

Odinson

Welcome back to those who were banned!

UJp0B.jpg
ZCACb.jpg
VL3R1.jpg

Current Main Team- I must say I didn't think I would like Nemesis but he fits really well with my play style. I have two secondary teams that both feature hawkeye and deadpool. I have yet to go in to ranked but I'll try this week now that I feel comfortable with this team.

Current Main Team- I must say I didn't think I would like Nemesis but he fits really well with my play style. I have two secondary teams that both feature hawkeye and deadpool. I have yet to go in to ranked but I'll try this week now that I feel comfortable with this team.

You really shouldn't put Thor onto the last spot, he has trouble getting in without any assists. He is best used as battery, or as second character if you absolutely must; Spencer's so much better as anchor.

DacidBro on the SRK stream claims Vergil is pretty free to Cross Over Counters. Interesting- kinda jibes with the general "DONT PUSHBLOCK HIM" stuff people are saying.

The basic principal is to stay away from Vergil's ground game. Super jump the fuck away anytime Vergil players try to set- up anything. He can't track you there. Just watch for the air throw. Honestly, just up-back block on Vergil and watch for that 36 frame brain dead teleport - eventually Vergil players will whiff a normal and then that's a dead Vergil. Shit's free. He's a balanced character more than people lend on. Problem is just because J.Wong randomly said Vergil is good day - 5 it stuck with people.

Odinson

You really shouldn't put Thor onto the last spot, he has trouble getting in without any assists. He is best used as battery, or as second character if you absolutely must; Spencer's so much better as anchor.

Yea I've thought about switching the two. DHC from Nem to Spencer to Thor is really good though. I've played people with just Thor left and have won plenty only because they think Thor is helpless and slow. Mighty strike moves you much further in this game and eats projectiles when fully charged. Lvl 3 Xfactor Thor does a lot of damage, but I'll give it a try the other way around see how that feels.

Bizazedo

Here y'go, Kadey, everyone summed up because they couldn't read instructions :) Well, some could.

XBL / PSN / (GAFname)
Kadey1up Kadey1up
LeGiard N/A (Giard)
N/A Dragon17013 (Degen)
N/A ProfessorBeef (ProfessorBeef)
OldschoolGamerZ N/A (Oldschoolgamer)
N/A Karsticles (Karsticles)
ParallaxScroll ParallaxScroll (ParallaxScroll)
N/A lolez2matt (lolez2matt)
Bizazedo Bizazedo (Bizazedo)
Chocopolka N/A (Ken)

Yea I've thought about switching the two. DHC from Nem to Spencer to Thor is really good though. I've played people with just Thor left and have won plenty only because they think Thor is helpless and slow. Mighty strike moves you much further in this game and east projectiles when fully charged. Lvl 3 Xfactor Thor does a lot of damage, but I'll give it a try the other way around see how that feels.

Yes, people underestimate Thor, that is true, and I have played many games with getting in on the likes of Wolverine and Spencer just fine with him, since he's surprisingly mobile for such a big character, but I really think he's not anchor material.

Right now I'm running with:

Virgil or Nemisis / Cap / Strange

or

Nova / Cap / Strange

Having pretty good success, but I still struggle dealing with Zero. I don't know what it is...but when I start getting crossed up by a good Zero, I lose my composure. any advice would be appreciated.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
XBL / PSN / (GAFname)
Kadey1up Kadey1up
LeGiard N/A (Giard)
N/A Dragon17013 (Degen)
Chocopolka N/A (Ken)[/QUOTE]
NAFLA (Nils)

Ken

Might be old, but Cross Counter has posted their Cross Counter Open tourney in it's entirety.

Honestly, the most professional looking tournament I've ever seen. 1080p, cameras galore, interviews... it's too bad not every tournament can take place in that studio!

Bought it for $4 a few days ago. Really worth the money, I think. Hope they do more high quality streams like it and put them up for download.

What stream is everyone watching?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
XBL / PSN / (GAFname)
Kadey1up Kadey1up
LeGiard N/A (Giard)
N/A Dragon17013 (Degen)
Chocopolka N/A (Ken)
NAFLA (Nils)
N/A FullFlej (A Pretty Panda)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom