• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axis

picked up umvc3 yesterday after dropping mvc3 early in its life.

having fun with viper again! currently running viper/nova/doom and enjoying it...really need to learn how to play this game again tho and learn nova combos :3

if anyone not so good wants to play add me on xbl. GT: vexco

Really enjoying Doom (Though I cant loop worth shit), Firebrand (This guy is the easiest to combo into super for me.. or anything..), and Hawkeye (For zoning capabilities)

McNum

DJ Huoshen started her on point and was good enough to get 7th in Season's Beatings, which is probably the biggest achievement a Felicia player has ever achieved. In vanilla she's utter crap without an assist helping her get in, those playing her as anchor were relying on her strength with lvl 3 X Factor, the problem is that you might as well play Wesker than her as anchor. Back in vanilla you might as well use Wolverine than Felicia on point too, but the Wolverine nerfs and huge Felicia buffs more or less means that Felicia is potentially the new Wolverine. People are just waiting for J Wong to start pwning with her, which he will in a few day's time.
That was her MvC3 problem, yeah. She's not bad, Wolverine was just better at part of what she does, and Wesker at the rest of what she does. With Wolverine nerfed, and Felicia gaining air mobility in the Air Delta Kick, she's now a lot tougher to keep out. I mean, if Felicia superjumps and Delta Kicks, you're not going to catch her with anything slower than Gimlet. She can actually run away now, not that she wants to in most cases, but she can.

Maybe I should just go back to Training Mode and make some fairly simple combos so I can get some matchup experience with her before starting to pick up the longer ones. The important skill in Marvel isn't to be able to do massive combos. That's a "nice to have" skill. The "must have" skill is landing that opener that allows for the combo in the first place, while avoiding that th same happens to you. At least that's how I see it. That's what made Wolverine so good in vanilla, he had it easy there.

Dahbomb

I have been in the lab practicing against the Gimlet. You can dash through it because it has like very little active frames if you time it. If you have tight rushdown you can beat the start up because it's like 5 frames and if you bait it out at close range you get a free punish because it's unsafe close. Anything with invincibility can go through it.

Right now I have Nova on my team primarily as the anti-Gimlet. I am digging Nova for other purposes especially the synergy with Vergil which I went over before plus his role as a solid anchor and anti-lame tactics.

I have gotten blown up by Gimlet more times than I could count. My second/third team is a Hawkeye/Ghost Rider team. I have joined the zoning army... some what.

V_Arnold

I have been in the lab practicing against the Gimlet. You can dash through it because it has like very little active frames if you time it. If you have tight rushdown you can beat the start up because it's like 5 frames and if you bait it out at close range you get a free punish because it's unsafe close. Anything with invincibility can go through it.

Right now I have Nova on my team primarily as the anti-Gimlet. I am digging Nova for other purposes especially the synergy with Vergil which I went over before plus his role as a solid anchor and anti-lame tactics.

I have gotten blown up by Gimlet more times than I could count. My second/third team is a Hawkeye/Ghost Rider team. I have joined the zoning army... some what.

Can you elaborate on the Nova+Vergil synergy? Should I put Nova first and Vergil second (assuming Hawkeye for last spot), and if yes, what assists seem to be the best for this setup? I assume Vergil's assists will be used to let Nova close in, not as a combo extender.

Dahbomb

Can you elaborate on the Nova+Vergil synergy? Should I put Nova first and Vergil second (assuming Hawkeye for last spot), and if yes, what assists seem to be the best for this setup? I assume Vergil's assists will be used to let Nova close in, not as a combo extender.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32976015&postcount=8770

I covered the synergy in this post. Vergil never needs help "getting in" he needs help making his mix ups safe/deadlier and having an assist that allows him to get damage after Helm Breaker because that's his primary air move.

I was helping Nils with his team, he had Taskmaster and you should just replace that team set up with Hawkeye and triple shot horizontal assist and you are golden. You can play Vergil/Nova/Hawkeye or Vergil/Hawkeye/Nova. Assist set ups would be Rapid Slash, Centurion Arts and Triple Shot.

Odinson

I agree that it's his biggest problem and I'm a Wright player. Though having an OTG assist like Wesker helps a ton, being able to combo into Objection from a normal or air grab is really useful, and makes landing Objection much easier. also c.L c.M c.H -> Press the Witness M -> H H Objection is also a pretty easy combo to do to get it started, though it'd involve actually getting a hit in with Wright....

XBL / PSN / (GAFname)
Kadey1up Kadey1up
Gunstarheroes77 N/A (Gunstar)
LeGiard N/A (Giard)
N/A Dragon17013 (Degen)
N/A ProfessorBeef (ProfessorBeef)
OldschoolGamerZ N/A (Oldschoolgamer)
N/A Karsticles (Karsticles)
ParallaxScroll ParallaxScroll (ParallaxScroll)
N/A lolez2matt (lolez2matt)
Bizazedo Bizazedo (Bizazedo)
Chocopolka N/A (Ken)
NAFLA (Nils)
N/A FullFlej (A Pretty Panda)
spindashing atrickcard (spindashing)
N/A Blaze627 (Lucky Number Seven Force)
corrosivefrost corrosivefrost (corrosivefrost)
N/A kevo_huevo (kevo_huevo)
N/A JeTmAn81 (JeTmAn81)
N/A Reigun16 (ReiGun)
arvinater N/A (enzo_gt)
N/A Bogue2kw (BY2K)
N/A MoTheHawk (Mo the Hawk)
N/A RuinerPrime (Twisted-Gamer)
N/A theonekid0 (supasmashed)
smurfxzilla N/A (smurfx)
N/A Cydonian (~Devil Trigger~)
doc wily N/A (galvatron)
KillaBMike Killasasa (Killa Sasa)
Dynasty Penguin / N/A (shaowebb)
N/A TheMadnessBeast (devastatorprime)
CoolGuy4Life Coolyguy4life (ThatCrazyGuy)
Heavenly Hammer / Heavenly-Hammer / (Dreams-Visions)
Sixfortyfive / N/A (Sixfortyfive)
FSLink / amodestproposal / (FSLink)
Bark252 / N/A (Bark252)
Updated

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Was in a Wesker vs. Wesker anchor vs. anchor situation. Other guy goes for random Phantom Dance from about half to 3/4 screen I try and Rhyno Charge it only to be blown up :(

Rocwell

Was in a Wesker vs. Wesker anchor vs. anchor situation. Other guy goes for random Phantom Dance from about half to 3/4 screen I try and Rhyno Charge it only to be blown up :(

Yeah, the counter lost its startup invincibility so it can't be really be used during super freeze anymore.

Also:

XBL / PSN / (GAFname)
Kadey1up Kadey1up
LeGiard N/A (Giard)
N/A Dragon17013 (Degen)
Chocopolka N/A (Ken)
NAFLA (Nils)
N/A JeTmAn81 (JeTmAn81)
N/A Reigun16 (ReiGun)
arvinater N/A (enzo_gt)
N/A Bogue2kw (BY2K)
smurfxzilla N/A (smurfx)
doc wily N/A (galvatron)
Bark252 / N/A (Bark252)
N/A / Rocwell9 (Rocwell)

Azure J

So I just backtracked and read the last two pages of this thread (100ppp) and I'm loving the character discussions going on in here. Feels like old school Marvel-GAF again. :)

shaowebb

Shit man this is hard to say so I'm just gonna put it out there...I may have to stop playing.

I've barely had time to force any gaming in on UMVC3 or anything else since launch day nearly two weeks ago. How much have I gamed since then? Likely less than 8 hours in two weeks.

I've got digital paintings to finish for my portfolio, I got keyframing coming up for an animation of an original fighting game character I've designed doing a combo exhibition, I've got weeks worth of cleanup to do on that and tweening once its done, and coloring and digital light & shadow to do afterwards alongside of any ADR work needed for the animation itself. After that I got months of storyboarding, modeling, rigging, texturing, lighting, and shooting for a final reel that I'll need to have finished before October next year that'll be using maya,zbrush,photoshop, soundbooth and a couple of facial animation programs alongside of after effects.

...and it all needs done in between fulltime college reading/assignments and my fulltime job.

This is kind of why my posts have slowed down towards these last weeks too. Hell, I don't even have time to keep up with the thread or watch anystreams for more than a minute or two at a time. I don't even know who is using what teams anymore on the tourney circuit. At least all the time spent studying the meta game has taught me what I need to know and practice when there is time, but frankly I have less time than I need to finish these projects as is and theres no time to grind out the skill I'm needing for something like this just yet. I can't even keep up with this thread anymore. I'll likely have to just pick it up again in a year when I'm free.

I'll try to pop in from time to time to check up and see how stuff is playing out, but from here on I'm likely going to become pretty distant as I'll be way to busy trying to be a one man studio. Wish me luck fighting-GAF. If I do as well as I'm trying to there is a good chance I'll end up at a studio in a year in the industry thats worth something. It'd be the shit if it was Capcom...here's hoping.

See you around guys. GGS.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
The only things that really bother me about Wesker is how much damage he does, and that he gets a permanent bonus for having the glasses off. It was explained by S-Kill that his glasses would break over time, and Phantom Dance would fix the glasses. In that sense, it was actually a pretty neat buff. Wesker players have to think (gasp) about whether they want to finish a character and lose their buff, or try for a reset and keep it. For some reason, it was never implemented how Seth made it out to be.

The damage issue is pretty big. Firebrand works his butt off for 600K. That's about as high as he can get from 1 meter, and he just barely builds a bar. I'm fine with this, and I'm even fine with him doing less. What I'm not cool with is so many characters having 1-hit kills. Why do we have resets?

I need to reset my opponents maybe 1 out of 10 matches with Dormammu, and I'm not even using his 900K 1 meter bnb. If I were, I'd have to reset people even less. Resets are just generally superfluous unless your character does weak damage. That should not be the standard, though. EVERY character should require a reset to kill a character unless they're burning 3+ bars of meter. "Reset" characters should be distinguished by having to do this one more time, but having an easier time doing it.

Chris G dropped Firebrand for Wesker for one simple reason, and it's the same reason everyone used Wolverine in Vanilla: why work hard when you don't have to? Why use a character that needs 2 resets to kill a heavy when you can just do it all on the first hit? Outside of loving the character, there is no reason.

Enjoy life, GB.

I feel the same... resets seem limited to characters like zero and X-23. No way I can 1 shot kill anyone whit these two... Most of the time I have to tag wesker 4-5 times before I can off him. Either my combos suck or I have pitiful damage potential.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Shit man this is hard to say so I'm just gonna put it out there...I may have to stop playing.

I've barely had time to force any gaming in on UMVC3 or anything else since launch day nearly two weeks ago. How much have I gamed since then? Likely less than 8 hours in two weeks.

I've got digital paintings to finish for my portfolio, I got keyframing coming up for an animation of an original fighting game character I've designed doing a combo exhibition, I've got weeks worth of cleanup to do on that and tweening once its done, and coloring and digital light & shadow to do afterwards alongside of any ADR work needed for the animation itself. After that I got months of storyboarding, modeling, rigging, texturing, lighting, and shooting for a final reel that I'll need to have finished before October next year that'll be using maya,zbrush,photoshop, soundbooth and a couple of facial animation programs alongside of after effects.

...and it all needs done in between fulltime college reading/assignments and my fulltime job.

This is kind of why my posts have slowed down towards these last weeks too. Hell, I don't even have time to keep up with the thread or watch anystreams for more than a minute or two at a time. I don't even know who is using what teams anymore on the tourney circuit. At least all the time spent studying the meta game has taught me what I need to know and practice when there is time, but frankly I have less time than I need to finish these projects as is and theres no time to grind out the skill I'm needing for something like this just yet. I can't even keep up with this thread anymore. I'll likely have to just pick it up again in a year when I'm free.

I'll try to pop in from time to time to check up and see how stuff is playing out, but from here on I'm likely going to become pretty distant as I'll be way to busy trying to be a one man studio. Wish me luck fighting-GAF. If I do as well as I'm trying to there is a good chance I'll end up at a studio in a year in the industry thats worth something. It'd be the shit if it was Capcom...here's hoping.

Good luck dude, yeah seems like a busy time for you. So great to have a steady job and plenty of time to do what I want. Here's hoping your time comes!

Trish needs to get in on Rider/Hawkeye when they have Vajra which shut downs many options of Trish. I never talked about Hawkeye's rushdown.
Of course Trish needs help solo against a character backed by an assist. This means nothing.

Rapid Slash is hella overrated. No it's not like Berserker Slash plus Tatsu, there is only one range of it. I don't know how people still get hit by this move and if Vergil uses it and it gets blocked he HAS to burn meter or he dies. He can easily be hit out of this move as well in fact that's the best way to deal with it. If you can't stuff it out during it's half a second start up I don't know what to say.
It's still an ambiguous solo cross-up. People get hit by it because not everyone can stop something in 30 frames. Otherwise Storm would never get an Ice Storm off outside of combos, and she even flashes to let you know what's coming. I get mid-screen Dark Holes and Purifications off, and my opponents don't even question their goal against me or fear my normals.

Round Trip has to be charged up and has a ton of start up. It's not easy or spammable, you can have the move charged up the entire match and still have a hard time using it in a match.
None of this has to do with you using it in comparison to Purification, which was just asinine.

It's why you don't see many people using it yet but it's a good tool.
You don't see many people using it because it takes some semblance of skill, and people are lazy.

Judgment Cut is a poor zoning tool, the hit box isn't that big. It's best use is to keep Vergil's block string safer but any block string involving Judgment Cut is not safe and can be blown up. Dormammu in particular has a great answer to this thanks to his Liberation spells. There is a 3 frame gap in the string where you can activate your art and it will come out no matter what.
A 3 frame gap is pretty hard to make good on. Judgment Cut is a poor zoning tool - no argument from me on that.

You can ask any Wesker player about this... any character with a small hit box moving forward by passes his gun whether he is standing and shooting or if he's jumping and shooting. He can't deal with pressure that well against these characters because his counters are ass, he has no good reversal move and his best option is to just stick out a 5 frame jab hoping it trades or something.
ASSISTS. This is so key. You keep treating Wesker like he doesn't have a team backing him that makes little things like this completely insignificant.

Wesker needs assists to deal with these types of characters and that's why he is formidable. Smart team composition takes care of Wesker's weaknesses. It's why people are hyping up Wesker + Strider, Strider covers the portion of the screen that Wesker can't and he gets a combo off of it for free.
Everyone needs assists to deal with everything unless your name is Dante. That's not an argument for a weakness for Wesker.

I've nearly beaten people who have played the game since vanilla using Wesker alone after getting my other two characters blown up. And I've spent less than an hour of total play time across both games. Wesker is that good. Easy combos, hits hard and is so fast with ambiguous style of play.

And I agree with Vergil being unsafe. I think he's an offensive powerhouse, probably one of the best in the game but he dies too fast and ton of his moves leaves him open if blocked or at a certain range. Still going to use him however.
It's funny, because the Bradygames guide describes Vergil as being incredibly safe. Maybe more people should be picking that thing up...

Probably playing against terrible Vergil players who can't hit confirm or whiff 3/4th screen normals or don't use Round Trip. Derp Vergil players are the easiest thing to beat short of derp Sentinel players. Smart Vergil players on the other hand.... well they are the ones winning stuff with him. Also derp usage of Vergil's Helm Breaker is surprisingly harder to deal with than most people think.
Helm Breaker is +0 on block it seems. -_-

And Karst wasn't saying he was a safe character in fact he said that he isn't going to complain about him until he knows more about him. Which is fair and thus I am giving him information and weaknesses on the character.
I honestly don't think a Vergil has killed my Dormammu outside of my first few days of learning. I am still learning the matchup with Firebrand though. That little guy has a lot of problems in this game thanks to a few poor design decisions...

So how is Phoenix Wright? Viable at all?
He takes work and a team built around him. Thus, people are calling him bad. All I ever see is people jump around and throw out Objection bubbles like getting into Turnabout is the most important thing ever, when he's really good solo just in Courtroom mode with the evidence.

So, any verdict on how Morrigan is doing?

The air-dash nerf did hurt her, but how much? I used to like playing her in TvC and MvC3, and as far as I can tell, she's still basically Morrigan, even if I'm way too rusty with her now. Tried her out a bit in Training and Arcade, which, I know, isn't real fighting, but I see Astral Visioned meter drain Soul Fists as being really annoying to fight. Yeah, slow startup, and it can be blocked, but that's also kind of the point. When that fireball is out, you need to respect it. So it's not just to drain the opponent you send it out, it's also to make the opponent react to it.
I think Morrigan is fine. By "fine", I mean that if you could tolerate using her in Vanilla, you should still like her now, because she's better. She's still not a good character.

Focus on what's important. We'll be here sir - ciao.

I feel the same... resets seem limited to characters like zero and X-23. No way I can 1 shot kill anyone whit these two... Most of the time I have to tag wesker 4-5 times before I can off him. Either my combos suck or I have pitiful damage potential.
Zero can 1-shot characters, it just takes work. SRK had some 1 million damage combos with him recently.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
XBL / PSN / (GAFname)
Kadey1up Kadey1up
LeGiard N/A (Giard)
N/A Dragon17013 (Degen)
Chocopolka N/A (Ken)
NAFLA (Nils)
N/A JeTmAn81 (JeTmAn81)
N/A Reigun16 (ReiGun)
arvinater N/A (enzo_gt)
N/A Bogue2kw (BY2K)
smurfxzilla N/A (smurfx)
doc wily N/A (galvatron)
Bark252 / N/A (Bark252)
N/A / Rocwell9 (Rocwell)
IntelliHeath/IntelliHeath (IntelliHeath)

Updated.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

I fucking feel you man. I'm trying my hardest not to play UMvC3 or any games in the face of exams I have in the next two weeks (doesn't help I just recently started Skyrim >.<), and I may have to go cold turkey on UMvC3 for the next two weeks. I really can't afford to let my grades slip up more and crunch time begins today for me. Good luck man, prioritization FTW.

Also expect to see me posting slightly less here too. If I'm still posting a lot then you know I'm slacking :p

Easier to view Marvel GAF Live/PSN names here.
http://scribbless.com/lists/list/104198

If you want to be an editor for it just give me your email. People not on it should just keep quoting and putting your info down.
Kadey you should use Google Docs to create a spreadsheet for it, it'll be much more organized that way. And you can then even add a column for J.TV names too, since people have different ones there too. Or make it publicly editable, lurkers won't be able to get in cause they have to provide their GAF name too. This worked quite well in ForzaGAF.

Also, IntelliHeath, are you still accepting friend requests for the MahvelGAF tag? Some people said they couldn't get accepted.

Dahbomb

Helm Breaker is +0 on block it seems. -_-
Like I said it's safe to spam that and not only that you can even cancel it on whiff into a teleport or a special on block even his S. You can OS d/f+H into DP+H which is absolutely crazy (you get an air throw at close range, Helm Breaker on hit, teleport H on whiff and Rapid Slash on block). Once people figure out ways to get more damage off of that move outside of just Hightime -> Dimension Slash, things will get crazy. It's why Wesker is a great pairing for Vergil, he gets a full combo off of that plus unblockable set ups.

Weird part about Vergil is that he is underrated and overrated at the same time.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Also, IntelliHeath, are you still accepting friend requests for the MahvelGAF tag? Some people said they couldn't get accepted.

No offense but with risking insulting other people. They seem to think I have a lot of free time but not really. I had final week then led into Thanksgiving Break with my family and playing Saints Row 3 with my best friend. I was not exactly being on laptop that much lately. I usually try to accept whoever added per 2 or 3 days as I can. Today is my last day of Thanksgiving break so I should be more available to accepting people faster. I meant it is kinda obvious that I didn't post much on NeoGaf to show that I was busy.

Dahbomb

Add me into another person who is going to be going into exam crunch time after about a week. I am going to be taking my UMVC3 overdose within a week (until NEC first UMVC3 major) then I am going to hit the books hard core.

If people want help with general UMVC3 information, tips and team building I am here until then. I saw a lot of people asking for help that were left answered while I was banned so I will try to make up for that lost time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
No offense but with risking insulting other people. They seem to think I have a lot of free time but not really. I had final week then led into Thanksgiving Break with my family and playing Saints Row 3 with my best friend. I was not exactly being on laptop that much lately. I usually try to accept whoever added per 2 or 3 days as I can. Today is my last day of Thanksgiving break so I should be more available to accepting people faster. I meant it is kinda obvious that I didn't post much on NeoGaf to show that I was busy.
Every 2 or 3 days doesn't seem too bad, that's fine, no pressure. I guess people just got antsy but I thought it was full or something.

Also, why is Big Sean in the background of all these Runnin Sets videos? GAF-Hop back me up on this observation.

LOL @ Fanatiq: "I'm just sayin though.. let me get in sets with Maximillian early ***** so I could be levelled up though."

DEM FANATIQ RESETS

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Every 2 or 3 days doesn't seem too bad, that's fine, no pressure. I guess people just got antsy but I thought it was full or something.

Also, why is Big Sean in the background of all these Runnin Sets videos? GAF-Hop back me up on this observation.

LOL @ Fanatiq: "I'm just sayin though.. let me get in sets with Maximillian early ***** so I could be levelled up though."

DEM FANATIQ RESETS

54 spots taken for friend list, so we have 46 spots available.

Edited: I wonder one thing. People who requested me to add them to my list, can they still check friend lists awhile waiting for acceptance?

hey guys,
in mvc3 i used viper/dante/haggar that I kinda stole from this thread when somebody said it was a good team....it was easy for me since I could pretty much spam haggar and that would easily give me a combo with the other two players (plus i played Viper in sf4 and i'm a fanboy of her)

after reading around on srk and the like i've pretty much switched haggar for Strider, since Vajra gives a hard knockdown again. The only problem is that the opponent has to be in the air.

so here's a question: How do you make people jump in this game? In sf4 you could toss projectiles or something as guile and you could easily anti-air them, which I guess is a similar to look to what I want to do in this game....once they're in the air I can Vajra them right into the ground which is pretty awesome.

what i'm trying to right now, to get people to jumping, is spamming lots of Viper stuff and just chipping them to death, but it isn't going all that well for me since the people I play against are used to it now and its becoming a lot more mindgames for when I called Strider, and Beam assists are really messing up the strategy.

Nori Chan

DEM FANATIQ RESETS

I was buffering...56K BABY

Dahbomb

The trash talking was hilarious but the actual set on display was pretty subpar.

Marn was dropping combos left and right while getting opened up with all his characters. Fanatiq was the same only he has figured out that the slower air dash of Magneto actually allows for even trickier overheads and was hitting Marn with that all set long. Fanatiq was able to get so many wins thanks to him banking on Marn pressing buttons then Tempest -> Hainstorm -> XF 1 frame punish into 2 characters dead.

so here's a question: How do you make people jump in this game? In sf4 you could toss projectiles or something as guile and you could easily anti-air them, which I guess is a similar to look to what I want to do in this game....once they're in the air I can Vajra them right into the ground which is pretty awesome.

what i'm trying to right now, to get people to jumping, is spamming lots of Viper stuff and just chipping them to death, but it isn't going all that well for me since the people I play against are used to it now and its becoming a lot more mindgames for when I called Strider, and Beam assists are really messing up the strategy.
Seismo spam and that new Optic Blast move by Viper definitely makes people want to jump.

Honestly if they are just sticking to the ground then you already have an edge in the battle. Go for high low mix ups with Viper, call Viper Burn kick overhead assist when Dante is on point etc. Dante should easily pressurize opponents on the ground with Stinger-> Reverb -> Fireworks. If they are looking for the Strider assist then don't call it out. If they are scared to go to the air then Strider has already done his job.

Working on another alt team of Nova/Spidey/Frank. Once I get to 3 bars, it's instant level 5 for Frank off anything Nova does.

Now to learn how to make use of Frank :p

Also, trying to make a Cap team. He does ridiculous damage for the easiest stuff now, it's great.

Edit:

The Hawkeye/Spidey trick in this one is preeeeeeeeeetty cheap. Definitely taking it, haha. Stolen from Spidey SRK boards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IonQgoxMCqI

Xevren

I wonder how much time Marn has put into ultimate in these sets, seems to me he just needs to hit training mode and learn his characters again. His Vergil is pretty butt.

Dahbomb

I wonder how much time Marn has put into ultimate in these sets, seems to me he just needs to hit training mode and learn his characters again. His Vergil is pretty butt.
Butt would be a compliment. His team is poorly constructed around Vergil on point as well because he has no good cover/projectile assist. Magneto + Drones had a full license to run amok on him.

I am sure once he hits the lab he will figure out better combos, resets, assists/teammates, better neutral game, what's safe and what's not... or just drop him altogether.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Live. Do eet :3
Live so I can see some of this from Killer Sasa:

ibq12S8DmmddcC.gif

Seismo spam and that new Optic Blast move by Viper definitely makes people want to jump.

Honestly if they are just sticking to the ground then you already have an edge in the battle. Go for high low mix ups with Viper, call Viper Burn kick overhead assist when Dante is on point etc. Dante should easily pressurize opponents on the ground with Stinger-> Reverb -> Fireworks. If they are looking for the Strider assist then don't call it out. If they are scared to go to the air then Strider has already done his job.

well, Viper's optic blast is kinda bad to be honest. like....if I'm playing teleporters it is soooo easy to punish. What I've been trying to do is put Dante on point and use him as a Battery to get Viper a bunch of meter to I can do EX-shenanigans, since once those start coming out the guys I play against start running into the air, and thats when Strider is great. However, I hate having Viper as the second character b/c DHC-ing into Devil Trigger gets me out of soooo much trouble, while Viper doesn't really have that option.

well, Viper's optic blast is kinda bad to be honest. like....if I'm playing teleporters it is soooo easy to punish. What I've been trying to do is put Dante on point and use him as a Battery to get Viper a bunch of meter to I can do EX-shenanigans, since once those start coming out the guys I play against start running into the air, and thats when Strider is great. However, I hate having Viper as the second character b/c DHC-ing into Devil Trigger gets me out of soooo much trouble, while Viper doesn't really have that option.
are you doing it raw? you should do h seismo cancelled into optic blast. if the seismo doesn't hit, simply just empty jump cancel the seismo instead and you're fairly safe.

Dahbomb

Viper in 2nd slot is a bad idea. Always has been. If you are really going to use her 2nd then you have to cross over counter to bring her in. The TK assist has i-frames when used as a CC.

Haven't really messed with Optic Blast much myself but playing against it... it has a deceptive amount of active frames on it.

are you doing it raw? you should do h seismo cancelled into optic blast. if the seismo doesn't hit, simply just empty jump cancel the seismo instead and you're fairly safe.

i love you. i haven't tried this at all, its awesome after futzing with it for maybe 20 minutes in training.

Viper in 2nd slot is a bad idea. Always has been. If you are really going to use her 2nd then you have to cross over counter to bring her in. The TK assist has i-frames when used as a CC.

Haven't really messed with Optic Blast much myself but playing against it... it has a deceptive amount of active frames on it.

yeah....I play against a guy who uses Vergil and some of his unsafe stuff you can actually cross counter and get a good combo out of it, but I'd still rather have Viper on point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom