• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that, if done correctly, the orbital elevator could look great. As soon as the match begins, it starts moving, and during the fight it keeps going and going and going until it gets to space.

OMG! JAKOB, YES!

MANLY MUSIC TIME!

Edit:
Maybe, it first goes up, then you see the moon and shit, and then you go back down, and when you are hitting ground level, you actually go below, maybe under water or into some volcano cave or something. <3

Azure J

@Jeri: If we're gonna choose MM stages that aren't from Legends, why not an X one? After all, we have both protagonists now (even if one is just a skin...). I was thinking that, if done correctly, the orbital elevator could look great. As soon as the match begins, it starts moving, and during the fight it keeps going and going and going until it gets to space.

This is going to be a very very silly response, but I feel that as long as X himself isn't in, an X stage wouldn't be cool. I also put those suggestions out because I was thinking about it as if we were working with pre-Ultimate confirmed details and coming off a TVTropes read of the Zero series and nostalgia-ing/wondering why that series gets no love with all the attention to detail it got in its world design. They were pretty damn ambitious for something that was a GBA exclusive series. I still think that MMZ Zero would have been the better pick, he does everything current Zero does,
looks better
, and could bring that mythos into Mahvel freeing up the X series for X alone. :p

Going back to your post, Jakob's Elevator from X8 would have been pretty cool and fit the mold you have going there for elevator/moving stage.

Soulstar

I wanna hit the lab and start working on my team so badly but it seems life is conspiring against me. I'll have to wait for winter break to really dig into the game but I hope to get into some GAF lobbies every once in a while.

XBL / PSN / (GAFname)
Kadey1up Kadey1up
Gunstarheroes77 N/A (Gunstar)
LeGiard N/A (Giard)
N/A Dragon17013 (Degen)
N/A ProfessorBeef (ProfessorBeef)
OldschoolGamerZ N/A (Oldschoolgamer)
N/A Karsticles (Karsticles)
ParallaxScroll ParallaxScroll (ParallaxScroll)
N/A lolez2matt (lolez2matt)
Bizazedo Bizazedo (Bizazedo)
Chocopolka N/A (Ken)
NAFLA (Nils)
N/A FullFlej (A Pretty Panda)
spindashing atrickcard (spindashing)
N/A Blaze627 (Lucky Number Seven Force)
corrosivefrost corrosivefrost (corrosivefrost)
N/A kevo_huevo (kevo_huevo)
N/A JeTmAn81 (JeTmAn81)
N/A Reigun16 (ReiGun)
arvinater N/A (enzo_gt)
N/A Bogue2kw (BY2K)
N/A MoTheHawk (Mo the Hawk)
N/A RuinerPrime (Twisted-Gamer)
N/A theonekid0 (supasmashed)
smurfxzilla N/A (smurfx)
N/A Cydonian (~Devil Trigger~)
doc wily N/A (galvatron)
KillaBMike Killasasa (Killa Sasa)
Dynasty Penguin / N/A (shaowebb)
N/A TheMadnessBeast (devastatorprime)
CoolGuy4Life Coolyguy4life (ThatCrazyGuy)
Heavenly Hammer / Heavenly-Hammer / (Dreams-Visions)
Sixfortyfive / N/A (Sixfortyfive)
FSLink / amodestproposal / (FSLink)
Bark252 / N/A (Bark252)
N/A / Rocwell9 (Rocwell)
IntelliHeath/IntelliHeath (IntelliHeath)
The Love Cook/thelovecook (Soulstar)

Updated.

Added my name to the list.

Degen

- Ghost Rider covers some weaknesses with with the Anti-Air Gamma Charge assist and drones
- Hulk benefits in obvious ways from OTG Hellfire and drones
- Sentinel sort-of makes up for his OTG Rocket Punch nerf with OTG Hellfire and... well if sent is out then hulk is probably KO'd anyway
- all three of them are mad gimmicky

Team Armor: Retired
Team Rider: Acquired

- Ghost Rider covers some weaknesses with with the Anti-Air Gamma Charge assist and drones
- Hulk benefits in obvious ways from OTG Hellfire and drones
- Sentinel sort-of makes up for his OTG Rocket Punch nerf with OTG Hellfire and... well if sent is out then hulk is probably KO'd anyway
- all three of them are mad gimmicky

Team Armor: Retired
Team Rider: Acquired

Team Rider would also have Dick Rider on it.

Azure J

*Trying hard not to get sucked into the "untapped potential" discussion again*

How a stage based on EXE? Tron-styled internets, with several Navis running around in the background, fighting virii.

This would be amazing. Also, Copy X's throne room with the Guardians randomly popping around the background would be my ultimate hype level. :lol

Oh I agree with you (I want my ___ Rods :x), but feel MZ stages are inappropiate for pretty much the same reason you feel MMX ones are.

Yeah, I can see that.

On a totally random and unrelated to you note, it still surprises me how to this day people don't realize that MMZ Zero is X series Zero. Art style change =/= character change. :p

Back on topic, I just realized that I need to speak with Frantic and get some impressions on that Dante/Vergil/Morrigan tech he's been having so much fun with. :lol

One thing I must say - is that the herp derpness is toned down in Ultimate.

Then I played against Doom.

So what's the best counter and strategy against Foot Diving mother fuckers. Leave it to Capcom to herp derp a character that didn't need to be herp derped to begin with.

1) The foot dive is like Haggar's pipe, you need to respect it and not jump stupidly at Doom when he's above you.
2) Don't try to punish the foot dive on block, people will cancel it with air dash to follow up the pressure.
3) It's easily punishable when it misses, so against those foot dive spammers you can bait them into throwing the foot dive, dodge it and punish their Doom.
4) Doom can be very predictable and limited when he doesn't have an assist to pin you to the ground. If you stay above him he will be in trouble.
5) Many characters can zone out Doom.
6) Most scrubs don't have what it takes to play Doom without his derp dive, so often you can just push block it away and wait for the right moment to counter attack him.

Been messing with Doom some more. I'm working on using OTG tiger knee Plasma Beam H into air Photon Array as a combo ender. It seems like the super only activates if you do the Plasma Beam high enough off the ground, so I'm not hitting it consistently yet. Is that his best combo ender, or should I be doing Photon Array in the air?

kirblar

Anyone claiming that people said "Nova is bad" is deluding themselves. Nova looked very, very solid the instant he was revealed. However, Nova is very, very boring. His moveset reeks of Captain Falcon, and is really uninspired. The red life thing is his gimmick, but it's not exciting. Hype and power level are two very different things- Phoenix Wright is a much more "hype" character, but he's much less effective (so far) in competitive play.

The lack of Temen-Ni-Gru with both Dante & Vergil in the roster, an Okami stage with the brush and ink effects going wild, Deserted Chateau with so many Darkstalkers around (though my personal hype pick would be Tower of Arrogance), Neo Arcadia/Yggdrasil for Zero (because Legends stages are overused and some of the concept art for locales in the Zero series screams for a full 3D interpretation. Observe. Also this. :p) or hell something with a more Street Fighter flair (NYC Subway '99 anyone?) were all equal moments of underutilized potential in terms of level picks from the Capcom side of things.

All of these posts about stages are making me very depressed. So much potential to capitalize on and yet we are stuck with what we have. Temen Ni Gru and Okami stages were must haves imo. The moment Dante was announced I thought a DMC stage was a lock, same for Ammy and an Okami stage. Ryoshima coast with the water dragon and oni island in the background would have been insane.

4 Resident Evil characters and we get stuck with a shitty Tricell lab with a tyrant from the first game in the background that has nothing to do with Tricell. We should have either got the Spencer mansion or RPD station.

We got She hulk and Phoenix Wright so a courtroom would have been nice. Get Edgeworth, Franziska, the Judge, Detective Gumshoe and Matt Murdock/Daredevil in the background.

There are a ton more capcom stages that I would love to see and folks have already mentioned some awesome Marvel stages that I'd like as well. At the very least there should have been more cameeos in the background for the stages we already have.

kirblar

I'm trying out Ghost Rider/Sentinel (Bombs)/Hawkeye ,but I'm not sure if Hawkeye even has a good assist for Ghost Rider. Any options I might want to consider here?

Solune

This would be amazing. Also, Copy X's throne room with the Guardians randomly popping around the background would be my ultimate hype level. :lol
If X was in the game and had a Copy X alt, that would be completely glorious. I mean he's got Bison's Sweep, elemental buster shit.
On a totally random and unrelated to you note, it still surprises me how to this day people don't realize that MMZ Zero is X series Zero. Art style change =/= character change. :p
But the art style sucks for Zero in MMZ so it's easy to get confused.

Been messing with Doom some more. I'm working on using OTG tiger knee Plasma Beam H into air Photon Array as a combo ender. It seems like the super only activates if you do the Plasma Beam high enough off the ground, so I'm not hitting it consistently yet. Is that his best combo ender, or should I be doing Photon Array in the air?
It's his best combo ender in the corner and easier to DHC into (when you have no assist). Otherwise combos with Sphere Flame are better damage wise. Photon Array in the air is when you know you won't be able to relaunch due to hit stun/distance.
I'm trying out Ghost Rider/Sentinel (Bombs)/Hawkeye ,but I'm not sure if Hawkeye even has a good assist for Ghost Rider. Any options I might want to consider here?
Greyhound for horizontal control plus lockdown. Violent Fizz, You can do Air magic series > call hawkeye > hellfire > super and get poison damage in. Kamikaze is not bad if you want to control vertical spacing.
I would take Greyhound or Violent Fizz personally.

Dahbomb

Bombs are good but Drones are better. With Ghost Rider always making the opponent block it's generally safe to use Drones and you can even go for ghetto high lows with it. Or you can spam Eat Chain while they are blocking drones for some hilarious chip damage.

Greyhound triple shot assist for sure as it covers Sentinel as well. It's fast and reliable. Violent Fizz is good if you want damage with Ghost Rider and Sentinel OTG combos although both of them have solid damage.

kirblar

I don't want a combo extension assist- I'll use Greyhound. I can't seem to get the hang of calling assists during combos, unless it's punishing someone for not pushblocking Ammy by calling Nova in the middle of the C chain

Dahbomb

What is with this obsession of exposing people as frauds?

What does that even mean in the fighting game sense? That the player isn't as good as his results are showing or that he's winning because of broken characters and he actually sucks.

kirblar

What is with this obsession of exposing people as frauds?

What does that even mean in the fighting game sense? That the player isn't as good as his results are showing or that he's winning because of broken characters and he actually sucks.
Pretty sure it's the latter.

Solune

No Skill god damn going in hahaha.
----
Finally got rid of Strange on my Chris team since I sucked with him, hopping onto the Hawkeye bandwagon. So Chris/Ghost Rider/Hawkeye, plus I've already assimilated him into the team very well.
----
Also if you're reading this Caj814! I don't know if you can incorporate it into one of your combos but, there are odd times where when you combo Dimensional Slash while having Summoned Swords active, the opponent will drop into your remaining Summoned Swords after the Dimensional Slash and you can combo after if you Xfactor. I'd love to see something stylish.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Sting Master - Assist 2 - Air Aim Master H (Mission 9 Taskmaster) NEVER connects. EVER.

What am I doing wrong?

Masamuna

IF/Dante/Strider feels just as good as IF/Task/Strider. I also tried IF/Frank/Dante, but it feels like i'm sacrificing a lot of damage from IF for the utility of shopping cart due to scaling.

And OMG at Cap. I knew he was buffed but he feels so sick! I've never touched him before and I was pulling shield combos out of my ass like it was nothing. Definitely going to be using him in the future.

mr. puppy

Banned
IF/Dante/Strider feels just as good as IF/Task/Strider. I also tried IF/Frank/Dante, but it feels like i'm sacrificing a lot of damage from IF for the utility of shopping cart due to scaling.

And OMG at Cap. I knew he was buffed but he feels so sick! I've never touched him before and I was pulling shield combos out of my ass like it was nothing. Definitely going to be using him in the future.

just curious, how is IF's assist going for you? is IF best at the point position?

I'm getting tired of trying to pilot Firebrand around and getting blown up when I mess up the inputs, maybe I should try out Dante/IF/Task....or maybe Doom with missiles to keep people out of the air. or maybe IF/Dante/Strider to keep people out of the air. good lord this game has too many options.

Zissou

Theory fighter pays off. I'm having more success with Doom/Dante/Strider than I did with a Phoenix team in vanilla. Any time I lose, I feel like it's because I fucked up, and when I win, it feels ridiculously easy. Nerfing She-Hulk was the best thing that ever happened to me- if she wasn't so bad, I'd have never picked up Dante. I love this game.

Masamuna

just curious, how is IF's assist going for you? is IF best at the point position?

I'm getting tired of trying to pilot Firebrand around and getting blown up when I mess up the inputs, maybe I should try out Dante/IF/Taskmaster

For the most part IF is best on point. On my main team task gives me solid cover and lock down post advance guard and vajra allows for hard knockdown followups if they're pressing buttons in the air. If I am using using the assist its usually because I had to get IF out of there because he was bleeding too much or I was going into a bad matchup in the first place.

Rising Fang is really solid and helps Task with his zoning a good deal. He's vulnerable when he jumps in but blows up shit once he starts flying. I've only done it once in a match so far but if RF hits the opponent Task has enough time to instant j.Spidey Swing xx M arrows and follow up with a bnb.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The FC Jago thing isnt even legitimate, its just a joke to promote his show and Cross Counter.

Isn't it Fingercramp's show, and they just got Jago on to help 'em do it?

Anyways, Jago's jokes are pretty hit or miss. And his character tutorials are mediocre to useless. It's like he put zero effort at all into them, glossing over many things like he's in a rush and doesn't want to be doing it. C'mon son, how do you put out tutorials AFTER Maximillian's, when the game is actually out and they're worse than his?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom