• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

V0zzA.gif

I hope this glitch doesn't get patched.

I hope this one Desk showed off does get patched though.
wCjLq.gif

shaowebb

Lol, swiss cheese infinite. Does that work on everyone?

His vids didn't say. It may just be character's with large hitboxes. If so then no go on Joe, Ammy and some others. Who knows if it works on average sizers.
Looks doable via berzerker slash as soon as you call Spencer angled shot after a launcher. In one vid I seen him launcher, go for slide and call Spencer during the slide to set it up. Who knows how many setups there are for this off of moves once they're in the air.

shaowebb

I'm betting you could set it up off of snapbacks if you had an assist to lock them down as they came in. Maybe Jam Session or Nova's reflector or something setup as a wall for them to hit as you berzerker slash into the corner and start mashing into swiss cheeseunder and behind them. If so then no need for Spencer and the quickest saltiest win streak you'll ever see...well...before they ragequit at least.

Everything.

Granted, I'm not an expert on Arcade Stick usage yet (and I'm maining Iron Fist just to forcefully learn to properly do Hadouken/Shoryuken motions), but compared to slower paced games like SFIV, MVC3 is a nightmare to learn with.

Wavedashing, tri-dash, super long combos. It doesn't help that the CPU is basically psychic and mostly block any rushdown you try 80 % of the time and knows the precise timing of invulnability frames and such, adding to the frustration.

I'd do fine if I just stuck around training mode with an immobile dummy but in a real game where shit fly everywhere...I really miss my controller.

Who knows, maybe I'd do better online where there's no psychics.

You could pick characters that don't need wave/tri dashes and don't have lots of qcf/dp motions in their combos. Obviously you'll want to master qcf and dp motions eventually, but that takes time when you're new to a stick, and you could be having fun with other characters in the meantime.

I used Haggar, Hulk, Sentinel, and Zero early on in vanilla when I couldn't do a dragon punch to save my life. You could throw Wesker and Nemesis in there too.

CPS2

So what are the changes to dante aside from increased hitstun scaling? They changed j.qcf+L>j.qcf+L to just j.qcf+L>L and gave him a triple jump in devil trigger mode right? Is that pretty much it?

shaowebb

Kind of funny that he got an infinite off of a "nerf".

I'm betting till its patched it'll be fun to use Wolverine+ Frank West as an easy way to setup lvl 5 Frank off of this infinite. Patching this move will change Wolverine's hitbox on the move a lot though...maybe they could patch in a hit limit to the move that induces a spiral state after so many hits from Swiss Cheese connect? That way it'd nerf the infinite, but not the hitbox, because I'd hate to go for a crossup and see a slash go through a guy and the move not connect with them when it clearly hit all due to the need to remove an infinite. This isn't like Akuma's tatsu here...the hit box nerf that'd be needed to end this infinite would be pretty big. That or it'd have to have different hit boxes during different frames so that folks could fall or tech out...

I'm betting till its patched it'll be fun to use Wolverine+ Frank West as an easy way to setup lvl 5 Frank off of this infinite. Patching this move will change Wolverine's hitbox on the move a lot though...maybe they could patch in a hit limit to the move that induces a spiral state after so many hits from Swiss Cheese connect? That way it'd nerf the infinite, but not the hitbox, because I'd hate to go for a crossup and see a slash go through a guy and the move not connect with them when it clearly hit all due to the need to remove an infinite. This isn't like Akuma's tatsu here...the hit box nerf that'd be needed to end this infinite would be pretty big. That or it'd have to have different hit boxes during different frames so that folks could fall or tech out...

lol, with Wolverine you could get Frank West to 10th prestige.

bs000

The other thing I'm looking to learn with Vergil is something to DHC from Zero. I know about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQp307jv7Lo

But that's way beyond my execution level to use in a match. Is there a simpler followup for Vergil that's practical?

Dimension slash :). But yea, I've been wanting to learn this combo too. The first part, j.MMH and sj.HS are easy enough. Maybe skip the wall bounce and do the rest of the combo there like he does with Iron Man at 2:00 and get that down before trying to work in the second round trip.

I hope this glitch doesn't get patched.
Don't you just do astral vision with Morrigan and have Strider do the wall cling to do the glitch? It's so easy to do that it'd be stupid of them to not patch it D:

MrMephistoX

Any DLC today? I must have gotten lucky because I downloaded the Evil Twin pack last week and according to the schedule on Eurogamer it's not due till December 6th.

Dimension slash :). But yea, I've been wanting to learn this combo too. The first part, j.MMH and sj.HS are easy enough. Maybe skip the wall bounce and do the rest of the combo there like he does with Iron Man at 2:00 and get that down before trying to work in the second round trip.

I can sometimes do the j.MMH, sj.HS. Other times I just get j.MM and the third hit drops. It's a timing thing but I'm not sure what the trick is yet.

Everything.

Granted, I'm not an expert on Arcade Stick usage yet (and I'm maining Iron Fist just to forcefully learn to properly do Hadouken/Shoryuken motions), but compared to slower paced games like SFIV, MVC3 is a nightmare to learn with.

Wavedashing, tri-dash, super long combos. It doesn't help that the CPU is basically psychic and mostly block any rushdown you try 80 % of the time and knows the precise timing of invulnability frames and such, adding to the frustration.

I'd do fine if I just stuck around training mode with an immobile dummy but in a real game where shit fly everywhere...I really miss my controller.

The best recommendation to give you is to hit Training Mode, pick someone like Ryu, start on the left side, do 100 hadoukens, switch sides and do another 100 hadoukens. Same as DP motions. It's not fun, but it's probably the fastest way to learn.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Don't you just do astral vision with Morrigan and have Strider do the wall cling to do the glitch? It's so easy to do that it'd be stupid of them to not patch it D:
Doesn't have to be Strider. Any wall cling can fuck things up.

smurfx

get some go again
Here's hoping someone goes for it. It'd be worth it just for Kadey's highlight reel of it. Maybe Smurf, or Ultimo will give it a shot sometime just for the laughs. :]
you should probably ask frantic to do it since he uses spencer and frank and i'm sure he knows how to use wolverine some.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So what are the changes to dante aside from increased hitstun scaling? They changed j.qcf+L>j.qcf+L to just j.qcf+L>L and gave him a triple jump in devil trigger mode right? Is that pretty much it?

There's a large list somewhere, and even that is relatively incomplete. Dante's been changed arguably more than any other character.

No one's done a frame by frame breakdown, but the key changes aside from what you listed are 1) increased knockback from all normals (can't do LMHS), 2) decreased invincibility frames on hammer, 3) nerfed hitbox on Killerbee, 4) nerfed damage on Beehive, 5) lower damage scaling limit (lower damage on longer combos), and 6) various standing normal hitbox changes.

There are actually many more changes, but those are the biggest/most noticeable.

Lol, swiss cheese infinite. Does that work on everyone?

I'm pretty sure the description of the video mentioned that it only works on the big characters + Tron, but he hasn't been able to test the entire cast.

Azure J

Doesn't have to be Strider. Any wall cling can fuck things up.

Is that what you were referring to with your last post a while back with Felicia's wall cling being active during Morrigan's Astral Vision? That's a pretty serious glitch then. It's like the new Happy Meal. :lol

I finally bought Jill / Shuma, Jill is pretty fun to use but the hyper that speeds her up is kind of confusing when doing combos, need to get use to that.

So, i'm really liking Virgil and Akuma, but i need someone with a bit more health to run on a team with them. I'm anchoring with Akuma, and i don't want Virgil on point. Any ideas, or is it just a bad idea to have those two together?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Any DLC today? I must have gotten lucky because I downloaded the Evil Twin pack last week and according to the schedule on Eurogamer it's not due till December 6th.
It's every other week, the next pack is next week. Check OP's FAQ section for full DLC schedule.

I need to buy some points.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'm able to fit in a taunt in the middle of my Sent combo. Wonder how many hate messages I'll receive if I start to do this.

Also is PSN down for everyone else?

Everything.

mission mode?

iron fist has awkward combos. you really have to memorize every single rekka type to put him to good use. try a simpler character. honestly, it's better to land an abc combo that does 500k than trying to do a fancy combo that potentially does 700k but you drop it alot. or just play characters whose abc combos already do 700k damage without effort, i.e. hulk.

What are the notations?

j.H, cr.H, st.S, sj.H, fly, H, unfly, H, cr.H, st.S, sj.H, fly, H, unfly, H, st.S, sj.M-M-H xx air fireball xx Super.

Yeah, funny enough is when I got my muscle memory, I pressed S and then H faster, so it registered as "fly" and then "human rocket punch" with one QCB. It's rage inducing.
Yeah, this is my exact problem. I'll get the flight cancel, but he'll do the Human Rocket Punch right after. I dunno, it seems like I'm having a far bigger problem with accidental inputs in Ultimate than I did in Vanilla. :/

LakeEarth

Nemesis is a 1-reset kill character. I almost never saw Combofiend try for the command grab, the anti-air ones have INSANE range. His jab rocket slam is designed for this.

I'm not saying he's the greatest, but Combofiend was far from using him at his full potential. I

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nemesis is a 1-reset kill character. I almost never saw Combofiend try for the command grab, the anti-air ones have INSANE range. His jab rocket slam is designed for this.

I'm not saying he's the greatest, but Combofiend was far from using him at his full potential. I
So are most characters really, the ease of execution is all that varies. Combo plays get in that ass characters, Nemesis is not that.

So are most characters really, the ease of execution is all that varies. Combo plays get in that ass characters, Nemesis is not that.

Combofiend was using him solely for damage and as a meatshield, and didn't go for a single thing that Nemesis could do. Nemesis can easily get in there, Combo just wasn't trying to.

inf3cti0n

Banned
Kadey your stream has some insane quality :) I an the worlds worst Marvel Player as I can't do anything but mash yet, so I have to get my kicks from streams. Its nice to have one that looks just as good as my tv :) Hopefully I can get good enough to play with you guys and not embarass myself.

Solune

Combofiend was using him solely for damage and as a meatshield, and didn't go for a single thing that Nemesis could do. Nemesis can easily get in there, Combo just wasn't trying to.

If getting in you mean doing damage then yes. Nemesis benefits from controlling his opponent's space with huge hitboxes not quite the same as rushing your opponent the fuck down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom