• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? I have gotten blown up by X factor guard cancels a lot due to recovery on moves of Vergil. I have to cancel into fast activation summoned swords to deal with the XFC.

Haha... I should rephrase it... I should never x-factor DURING the super because they may suddenly be behind you and cross you up. Already happens while I'm blocking normally but it sure happens more if I x-factor.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Both of those hypers are dumb as hell. At least Vergil's hyper has like 100 frames of recovery after it.

I use Wesker, and I still think they're absolutely stupid as well. I'm convinced that Ultimate Wesker sans glasses crosses up much more often than regular Wesker.

Solune

I use Wesker, and I still think they're absolutely stupid as well. I'm convinced that Ultimate Wesker sans glasses crosses up much more often than regular Wesker.

Wesker's is just more dumb because alot of times it just beats you or will trade even if you "know" it's coming. Alot of times if you stick something out against Vergil you'll beat it cleanly.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
For some reason I feel compelled to make "Power Grid" rankings for fighting game personalities in the style of those found in the MvC3 character bios.

Slow work day here.

Wesker's is just more dumb because alot of times it just beats you or will trade even if you "know" it's coming. Alot of times if you stick something out against Vergil you'll beat it cleanly.

Let's just agree that they're both dumb. Although, I gotta say... No offense to Wesker players, especially if you really like the character, but I remember in Vanilla, I picked him up for a bit and, even when I won, it wasn't even satisfying.

Also, Solune, I'm coming after your Bionic Arm technology.

Solune

Let's just agree that they're both dumb. Although, I gotta say... No offense to Wesker players, especially if you really like the character, but I remember in Vanilla, I picked him up for a bit and, even when I won, it wasn't even satisfying.

Also, Solune, I'm coming after your Bionic Arm technology.

Lobby, Player Match, On stream. Don't matter bro, come at me!

Payday today so bought ultimate, I did own the original for about 2 weeks but sold it as I could not get into it, however watching so many online streams and also loving the new cast in ultimate I just had to try again, I also understand the game more now as before my mind was too sunk into SF4 combat.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm dropping Wesker. Too many people are using him. Plus using him won't help me get better. May add him to the rotation when I get better with more scrubby characters.

I really, really, REALLY hope that Capcom patches Wesker, and at the very least takes away his glasses-buff.

The last few tournaments, Wesker was dominantly played more than any other character, far more than any other character in vanilla, people are actually more or less forced to snap Wesker in so he isn't anchor. He's pretty much exactly like Phoenix in vanilla, just without needing 5 meters, but only 1.

Oh man Morrigan's win quote to shuma gorath. "My, what strong tentacles you have. I hope the party is just getting started" So she wants Phoenix Wright to go down on her and she wants some loving from shuma's tentacles. Who else does she want on her plate

vg260

I really, really, REALLY hope that Capcom patches Wesker, and at the very least takes away his glasses-buff.

The last few tournaments, Wesker was dominantly played more than any other character, far more than any other character in vanilla, people are actually more or less forced to snap Wesker in so he isn't anchor. He's pretty much exactly like Phoenix in vanilla, just without needing 5 meters, but only 1.

Gross. I'm turning more into a fan of watching the game than playing and this is really disappointing to hear. That glasses buff was completely stupid. Did he really even need that? He got off lucky on his health nerf.

I don't want to play Wesker. I don't want to play Doom. But they're both sooooo gooooood. =(

Doom is good, but he's nowhere near Wesker. It's currently very close to "Play Wesker or lose". I hope that either a shitload of anti-Wesker techs are found soon, or Capcom nerfs him, cause at this rate, he's gonna be Ultimate's Yun.

Dartastic

I LOVE Thor so so so much.

The super armor they added to some of the moves, and the ultra throw are so awesome. I love his tri jump and mighty spark. I just love him so much. He dishes out a TON, even if its just a scrub (me) triangle jump L -> crouch L -> Launch -> M -> M -> Might Hurricane does massive damage.
Wait. Thor has SUPER ARMOR NOW? WHAT MOVES?!?!?

Grecco

Doom is good, but he's nowhere near Wesker. It's currently very close to "Play Wesker or lose". I hope that either a shitload of anti-Wesker techs are found soon, or Capcom nerfs him, cause at this rate, he's gonna be Ultimate's Yun.

Doom bitching will come eventually. He has that derp jumping S dive kick with hard knockdown.

Dartastic

I'm really scared of this. Especially since I have my chicken battle in like, a week. Hahah. ;)

I'd also throw out some info on what I'm rolling with in order to figure out what Spin is rolling with. EH? heheehe

Its still early (Re Wesker )

Wesker is easy to play, and pays off extremely well. Hell, Wolverine and Phoenix were harder to play than Wesker is. And with the glasses buff, he's so good. He's pretty much, at least currently and most likely for a while, going to be the most played character, and the most dominant one in the scene.

Why play ANY character that needs execution if you can just play Alderp? He's better anyway, and so much easier to play.

Grecco

Wesker is easy to play, and pays off extremely well. Hell, Wolverine and Phoenix were harder to play than Wesker is. And with the glasses buff, he's so good. He's pretty much, at least currently and most likely for a while, going to be the most played character, and the most dominant one in the scene.

Why play ANY character that needs execution if you can just play Alderp? He's better anyway, and so much easier to play.

That i dont agree with.

Grecco

Wolverines basic day one combo is just as easy as basic Wesker stuff

Opening up somebody with Wolverine (Berserker slash cancel berserker charge, or assist berserker slash) is easier than opening up with Wesker.

Dont get me wrong Wesker is real good, still deals good damage, and is easy to use but Wolvie, especially vanilla wolvie was more brain dead.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Not really. I think Wesker deserves a little nerf, myself (and I have him on my main team), but he wasn't overused at all in Vanilla. At Evo, Akuma was the most used character by far in the top 32.

Wolverine's combos are more difficult than Wesker's. Phoenix actually needs some execution, if you just randomly mash, even Dark Phoenix can't help you.
Hell, even I can do basic Wesker combos, and I'm terrible at this game.

Yeah, I still don't agree on the Wolverine/Dark Phoenix being harder to use than Wesker. He's not difficult at all, but I could do Wolverine combos literally after seeing them once without any practice. And his stuff was far more formulaic... regardless of what assists he had.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Wesker glasses off is stupid. Random mix-up maximum wesker hyper is stupid. dark wesker XF4 is stupid.

IDK why Capcom does these things.

:)

This, I have a huge problem with as well. There's no excuse at this point. When the shades buff was first announced, the mistranslation made it seem like Wesker would have to hit his opponent with the shades in order to get the bonus. I liked idea that a lot better. :p

Not really. I think Wesker deserves a little nerf, myself (and I have him on my main team), but he wasn't overused at all in Vanilla. At Evo, Akuma was the most used character by far in the top 32.

I was talking about Ultimate there.
There's literally no game that doesn't have at least one Wesker on one of the teams.

As for combo difficulty: I still think Wesker's are easier, and GuardianE, I had the same going in with his (and Sentinel's) combos, by just watching them and then using them in my own game, but I guess that's just personal opinion.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I was talking about Ultimate there.
There's literally no game that doesn't have at least one Wesker on one of the teams.

You know, the same thing happened to Sentinel in the first two-three weeks of Vanilla's launch. People, even pros, are prone to bandwagon. It's still early and there hasn't been a major.

As for combo difficulty: I still think Wesker's are easier, and GuardianE, I had the same going in with his (and Sentinel's) combos, by just watching them and then using them in my own game, but I guess that's just personal opinion.

I guess it's subjective, but I didn't even play Wolverine at all, but I can still do his bnb with my eyes closed from anywhere on screen. Wesker's extended combos actually require timing and movement/spacing. Not saying they're hard, because they're definitely not.

You know, the same thing happened to Sentinel in the first two-three weeks of Vanilla's launch. People, even pros, are prone to bandwagon. It's still early and there hasn't been a major.

The difference is that when Sentinel was thought to be godlike, the game in general was new and because he had that reputation from MvC2 as well (and yes, that did feature into people's perception of him). Ultimate isn't an entirely new game, the gameplay mechanics are already known.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The difference is that when Sentinel was thought to be godlike, the game in general was new and because he had that reputation from MvC2 as well (and yes, that did feature into people's perception of him). Ultimate isn't an entirely new game, the gameplay mechanics are already known.

A fair point, but I don't think it entirely dismisses my point that everyone bandwagons early on. We'll just have to see how it shapes up. Like I said, I do think he could use some tuning at this point.

Axis

viper/dante/doom is working really well lately. jam session is a godsend!

did they make dante's bold cancelling easier? i don't find it nearly as hard as it was made out to be :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom