• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Capcom make a hyper that randomly crosses up? It makes no game design sense.

There are a ton of Weskers online (and team trenchcoats in general), and they just throw out maximum wesker willy nilly it seems to get the glasses off. It's relatively safe depending on screen position, and hey, it might hit, cause, it can be random.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Nerf him and Dante into the ground. D Tier.

The hell. There's absolutely no way that Dante deserves more nerfs.

Why would Capcom make a hyper that randomly crosses up? It makes no game design sense.

There are a ton of Weskers online (and team trenchcoats in general), and they just throw out maximum wesker willy nilly it seems to get the glasses off. It's relatively safe depending on screen position, and hey, it might hit, cause, it can be random.

I've found that standing/jump back makes it cross up less often... but that's also stupid because it makes the Hyper harder to punish.

The hell. There's absolutely no way that Dante deserves more nerfs.
All invincible specials should cost meter unless you are a shit/pretty bad character.

Dante looks iight otherwise.

The hyper has a lot less risk to boot. Getting a one touch kill if you punish Wesker's phantom dance sounds ridiculous and I've never seen it. Even Hsien-Ko can punish something like Akuma's beam hyper haha.

Holy hell you scrubs, nobody needs to get nerfed. =p

The strong characters are well balanced relative to each other. The shit character are shit, but if Wesker is over-powering than he isn't that much better than Spencer, or Doom. Again, top characters are well balanced in relation to each other. They outclass the bottom few, but yeah - whatever. Buff them, but don't start nerfing these top characters.

tThe online warriors who brought out their pitch forks and unjustifiably nerfed Sentinel in vanilla are at it again but this time with Wesker.

Capcom doesn't need to be patching anything in regards to balance, not yet. Wesker is lame in this game - I agree. But he is what he is, somebody has to be the best character, somebody. It might as well be Wesker than some random character nobody gives a shit about...like Spencer or something...oh wait....

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
All invincible specials should cost meter unless you are a shit/pretty bad character.

Dante looks iight otherwise.

I mean, it's just Hammer, a move with very limited range and with a now odd placement of invincibility frames. I'm not saying it isn't a fantastic move, but it's really not very scary anymore. Vortex and Lvl 3 cost meter, obviously, and he doesn't have any other invincible moves.

Trey

Lol @ people complaining about Wesker when Zero's stupid scary sword still shits on scrubs. Wesker is a threat if you let him do what he wants. And he can do what he wants rather easily, which is why if you don't know how to play, especially against him, then you're just out of luck.

The only thing I really don't understand with Whiskers is why they gave him the glasses buff, it makes no sense.

Yeah, it's not like he needed either a speed or damage boost :|

The only thing I want to be changed for Wesker is to either remove or change the glasses boost somehow. Either make it so that he has a lower defense without the glasses, or that he can only lose his glasses with damage (which could also nerf his super a little by adding an additional animation at the end of him putting his glasses back on just like Vergil sheathes his sword).

Lol @ people complaining about Wesker when Zero's stupid scary sword still shits on scrubs. Wesker is a threat if you let him do what he wants. And he can do what he wants rather easily, which is why if you don't know how to play, especially against him, then you're just out of luck.

That like applies to any character in any fighting game, or any competitive game, or any sport.

What's your point? Shouldn't people not let Zero do what he wants?

That's not the point. He shouldn't have the glasses buff. And maximum wesker randomly crossing up is dumb. Let him keep everything else. He is a teleport character who hits hard, he didn't need the glasses buff. And random super crossing up is just dumb design. People always hate "random shit" in fighting games, but maximum wesker is ok somehow?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, the game didn't chart in Major Nelson's Live Activity for this week. I wonder if that's a bad sign. A million other high profile things being out probably didn't help, but I expected it to be somewhere at the bottom of the top 20 still.

Lack of H&H news is also bothersome.

vg260

tThe online warriors who brought out their pitch forks and unjustifiably nerfed Sentinel in vanilla are at it again but this time with Wesker.

Sentinel's nerfs were justified, imo. Something needed to be done when not having a certain character on your team was a huge disadvantage. The game would have been a 2v2 game essentially. Perhaps the thing getting nerfed is debatable, but he would have completely ruined the game in many regards without some adjustment

Agree the glasses buff was stupid and absolutely unnecessary. No one would be clamoring for something like it if it was never implemented.

Hmm, the game didn't chart in Major Nelson's Live Activity for this week. I wonder if that's a bad sign. A million other high profile things being out probably didn't help, but I expected it to be somewhere at the bottom of the top 20 still.

I'm amazed at how well Marvel vs Capcom 2 has endured since it came out. My friends who dumped MvC3 still play the game on XBLA too haha.

Has any fighting game charted for Live Activity? It's usually just FPS.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

No clue, but I thought Vanilla made it on there, and it seems MvC2 is holding its own on the arcade side. That discount this week probably helped a lot though.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Looking into it Vanilla only made it on there one week and it placed 19th, so yeah this probably doesn't tell much. Still curious about the numbers though.

Bizazedo

Looking into it Vanilla only made it on there one week and it placed 19th, so yeah this probably doesn't tell much. Still curious about the numbers though.

After that VG BS about 30k accts got kicked around earlier this week, I got curious and got on PSN's leaderboards and checked the arcade ones. 65,000+ people have scores for arcade.

I don't know what 360s is, yet, went to sleep right after.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Yeah, this.

Call of Duty fills up the LIVE activity. I would've frankly been surprised that UMvC3 charted anywhere near the top 20.

I've been hearing something about 30k first week sales in the U.S. I think that's both platforms.

From a banned website. Don't believe it. The number was tossed around on the Capcom Unity Forums, and Svennson laughed at it.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
After that VG BS about 30k accts got kicked around earlier this week, I got curious and got on PSN's leaderboards and checked the arcade ones. 65,000+ people have scores for arcade.

I don't know what 360s is, yet, went to sleep right after.

Last time I checked it was something around that on 360 as well, I think.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
C.Viper: M, H, qcf. H ~ S, j.MMH, dj. MHS

What am I supposed to do to relaunch? They keep popping out of the S when I land. I tried slowing the combo down, but I can't get this to work. -_-

zlatko

Banned
I just got caught up on WNF from last night, and the Nova play was fantastic! <3 <3 <3

I read up on him last night when I was watching some spooky and hunting for jobs. Marvel Wiki had some cool info on him.

Any comic book nerds want to explain something to me? Apparently during Civil War or near the end of it, Nova comes back to Earth, Iron Man tries to recruit him, Nova is like LOL noobs, and leaves Earth. I'm curious why Nova thought it didn't matter, because didn't some of the New Warriors, or people he was friends with/fought villains with, die during the Civil War?

Maybe I got confused in my reading, but it just seemed weird that he wouldn't care about the death of comrades.

Bizazedo

He was angry with Ironman because Earth was too distracted and obsessed with something he viewed as childish, like registration, while entire planets were obliterated, billions murdered, and the Nova Corp slaughtered.

Nova thought they were missing the big picture.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I got confused in my reading, but it just seemed weird that he wouldn't care about the death of comrades.

He very much did care, it's just that he just fought a war where billions of lives were lost and he comes back and sees everyone is bitching about stuff that's by comparion very petty. During the course of the Annihilation War he also tried to warn Earth but they were too caught up in their own shit to notice. Had the Annihilation Wave not been stopped by him in time, Earth probably would have been royally fucked because of this.

zlatko

Banned
Ah okay. Grown man doesn't deal with kid problems.

Swag.

Fuck I want an avatar of Nova to replace my Iron Fist, but none of the images I can find of him on google images fit the bill. :(

C.Viper: M, H, qcf. H ~ S, j.MMH, dj. MHS

What am I supposed to do to relaunch? They keep popping out of the S when I land. I tried slowing the combo down, but I can't get this to work. -_-
there's no launch nor relaunch there. if you're looking to get a launcher after the double-jump (which i'm not sure is entirely possible), you'd have to hit the last s as close to the ground as you can and most likely as well as the first initial j.m. otherwise, what you can do is substitute the last s for an ex burn kick which ignores hit stun deterioration.

although i'm curious, why not just do the standard box dash loops?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Ah okay. Grown man doesn't deal with kid problems.

Swag.

Fuck I want an avatar of Nova to replace my Iron Fist, but none of the images I can find of him on google images fit the bill. :(

Search comicvine. They have a lot of high quality images for all characters.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
there's no launch nor relaunch there. if you're looking to get a launcher after the double-jump (which i'm not sure is entirely possible), you'd have to hit the last s as close to the ground as you can and most likely as well as the first initial j.m. otherwise, what you can do is substitute the last s for an ex burn kick which ignores hit stun deterioration.

although i'm curious, why not just do the standard box dash loops?

I'm practicing both. At the moment, it's easier for me to do this combo than the box dash loops(well the first part of it). I really need to practice my dp motions before I rely on it as my bnb; which I'm doing in the lab as we speak.

It feels like her faints got easier to do as well, so there is that too.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah it was kinda lame since the cover had them both face to face looking like they were about to kill each other. In the actual comic from what I remember they exchange words but don't come close to anything like the cover. A shame. Would have loved to see them fight.

X8w6b.jpg

*sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom