• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stream chat is going in on James Chen right now.
KuGsj.gif

kirblar

Wesker's damage is clearly the problem. This isn't a Sentinel situation where the massive HP causes a risk/reward issue. He probably has about 50-100K too much HP, but his ease of damage output is where the real issue lies.

I really think they need to look at Wesker's ability to self-OTG into a second magic series. If he's forced to go straight to Maximum Wesker or Level 3, even in XF3, it might help keep him in line with other characters. However, I don't know if this is a viable fix- would like to hear your thoughts.

Dahbomb

Felicia is ridiculous.
Fixed. About time people realize this character is insane. Also Clockwork with that Jill showcase in the other stream.

Yeah I know FChamp still uses Phoenix teams until he gets to loser bracket. His Dorm seems better and better every match I see him in, it's like the match doesn't begin until Dorm has stepped in.

GG to Chrisis and showing the power of that team and characters. No Wesker top 4. And yet ANOTHER player sighted with Vergil + Nova combination (LPN).

Edit: Beaten by the "fix"

Oh and it begins... -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wa5MsWe7X2k

bs000

Today I was working on practicing bold cancelling on Dante's combos. This is new to me and it's frustrating getting it like 20 times in a row when I first try it, then suddenly my hands and mind just can't coordinate the series anymore and I only get it every so often.

I know all I need is repetition but I'd like to know if this type of situation happens to everyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-z3W14v7Pc

I've been trying this out for the past couple of days. I think the timing is a little bit tighter but it's alot easier in the end. I can't seem to get it to work with BC teleport though.

This entire post is worth quoting, though I don't feel as though Firebrand finds Wesker to be a good matchup - the range on Wesker's normals is really brutal.

Personally, I'd be fine with all of the following nerfs to Wesker, and he'd STILL be a top 10 character:
1) No command grab.
2) No glasses mechanic (or inverse it; glasses break as he takes damage, Phantom Dance puts them back on)
3) Phantom Dance no longer randomly crosses up.
4) Launcher is -10 on block (this should apply to everyone.
All I really want to disappear are his glasses. If I could take two things I'd definitely kill his phantom dance crossup.

Not like nerfing Wesker would really matter all that much for me.

Road

Apparently the change log lied. I am shamed.
You're just misreading it.

"Increased invicibility frame start up" does not mean "increased invicibility frames of start up". It actually means "increased the start up of invicibility frames" (i.e. increased how much time it takes for the inviciblity frames to start).

English can be weird.

Trey

You're just misreading it.

"Increased invicibility frame start up" does not mean "increased invicibility frames of start up". It actually means "increased the start up of invicibility frames" (i.e. increased how much time it takes for the inviciblity frames to start).

English can be weird.

That makes sense, thanks.

Clock and Marlin actually playing now.

EDIT: YOU GOT MOTHERFUCKING WASHED-UP OLD VETERANS LIKE CLOCKW0RK. SHADY K.

Ahahaha, good shit JaHa.

oh thank god Clock isn't doing Strider as anchor anymore. I called it as a bad idea like a page before.

Azure J

I've clearly been falling asleep too early lately. What's all this about a beast mode Felicia and Jaha going in on Clockw0rk? Which stream archives should I be hitting up now? Time stamps would also be appreciated. :p

Grecco

Does more damage if I'm not mistaken.

It did Shit damage in vanilla and only does more damage now because of mashing. Im ok with this.

What defines a top XF3 character is their likelihood of destroying entire teams. Hence Akuma, Phoenix, Felicia, Wesker, etc. are top tier anchors. Sentinel is not on par with any of those.

Id say he is. Sentinel, well vanilla sentinel in lvl 3 xfactor could wreck entire teams because of his obcene damage.

Zissou

I've clearly been falling asleep too early lately. What's all this about a beast mode Felicia and Jaha going in on Clockw0rk? Which stream archives should I be hitting up now? Time stamps would also be appreciated. :p

Don't miss clock's disgustingly good jill play either- was crazy.

Fixed. About time people realize this character is insane. Also Clockwork with that Jill showcase in the other stream.

Yeah I know FChamp still uses Phoenix teams until he gets to loser bracket. His Dorm seems better and better every match I see him in, it's like the match doesn't begin until Dorm has stepped in.

GG to Chrisis and showing the power of that team and characters. No Wesker top 4. And yet ANOTHER player sighted with Vergil + Nova combination (LPN).

Edit: Beaten by the "fix"

Oh and it begins... -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wa5MsWe7X2k

where are these matches at? I can't find it in this stream archive: http://www.twitch.tv/finestko/videos

Dahbomb

Recent streams:

WNF Nov 30th -> Steve on commentary which was hilarious + West Coast Ruch Hour, RoyalFlush with that epic Thor play wit MODOK and Joe, Richard Nguyen STYLIN' with new Vergil tech, NOVA FORCE, MSS, Frank Wests, Zero, Spencer. Seriously this was godlike especially the commentary which was godlike.... SWORDS OF REVEALING LIGHT!

Live_Oratory -> Clockw0rk vs MarlinPie casuals. Lots of FOOD DRIVES, Jaha putting ShadyK and Clockwork on blast. Lots of clutch anchor play with Amaterasu. Hard to block Strider mix ups. Viper and Doom TODs, Jill exhibition by Clockw0rk and MarlinPie being stylish with the sons of Sparda.

FinestKo Thursday Throwdown -> FChamp epic Dorm play, LPN also with Vergil + Nova, Chrisis with Viper/Firebrand/Strider godly play, ShadyK with the return of Wolverine and making Felicia like the new top tier rushdown character in the game.

I am sure the Big 2 has been seen with WESKERS EVERYWHERE, LAME-inion, ChrisG blow up and Noel "Not the Fraud" Brown.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Thanks for pointing out the note worthy AAs for Vergil.Surprisingly i have been playing against a lot of jump-happy S mashing people with either Nemesis or Sentinel -.-

I would strongly advise that you block those, not anti-air them. You'll most likely be beaten every time, especially online.

I am sure the Big 2 has been seen with WESKERS EVERYWHERE, LAME-inion, ChrisG blow up and Noel "Not the Fraud" Brown.

Yea, that's pretty much what happened. :/
I was so sad about ChrisG getting blown up. Though FlashMetroid perfecting someone with MODOK in one of the casuals (or was that tourney already?) was worth to see.

anyone not very good wanna play? i'm still pretty ass >.<

You on PS3 or 360? I'd say I'm pretty scrubby, though for some reason I'm actually solid when playing without the notion of wanting to win LOL. Anywho, I've been playing lotsa vanilla earlier with another stream monster on coopa's stream, so I'm good for now, but if you're on 360, we can play at some point.

Axis

Yea, that's pretty much what happened. :/
I was so sad about ChrisG getting blown up. Though FlashMetroid perfecting someone with MODOK in one of the casuals (or was that tourney already?) was worth to see.

You on PS3 or 360? I'd say I'm pretty scrubby, though for some reason I'm actually solid when playing without the notion of wanting to win LOL. Anywho, I've been playing lotsa vanilla earlier with another stream monster on coopa's stream, so I'm good for now, but if you're on 360, we can play at some point.

i'm on 360. i've only been playing for about a week after not playing for 6 months or so? bah! xbl tag: vexco

if anyone wants to play just send me a message and i'll send a FR(my fl is full as can be =/)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I believe Iron Man's red and silver armor must be used. He shows up in the cartoon like that in space once.

Oh, and didn't Marvel say they added Nova and Rocket Raccoon in the game cause they'll show up in season 2 of the series? Perhaps it's one of their costumes.

BTW I think you meant Hulk 5, and not Hulk 6 for Days of the Future Past.
Yeah my bad it's Hulk 5. But it's not Iron Man's silver centurion armor, or RR or Nova. The latter are not avengers and the space costumes were pretty explicitly described in the blogs, there's no debating that bit. It just seems glitched ATM. Or not sufficently descriptive.

Yeah my bad it's Hulk 5. But it's not Iron Man's silver centurion armor, or RR or Nova. The latter are not avengers and the space costumes were pretty explicitly described in the blogs, there's no debating that bit. It just seems glitched ATM. Or not sufficently descriptive.

Yo, Nova is a Secret Avenger now tho. I believe at least.
On the roster of several Avengers teams (there's like 4, and all of them are based in NYC LMAO):
Secret Avengers: Captain America (as Steve Rogers though, not Cap), Nova
Avengers: Iron Man, Red Hulk, Storm
Avengers Academy/Young Avengers: X-23
New Avengers: Dr. Strange, Spider-Man, Iron Fist, Wolverine
Hawkeye is/was on pretty much all of these teams at some point, so...

That's all I can offer.

Dahbomb

Yeah it was really weird... ChrisG was looking SUPER SOLID in casuals before the tournament. His Hawkeye was on point... zoning out every member of the Trenchcoat Mafia with impunity.

Yeah it was really weird... ChrisG was looking SUPER SOLID in casuals before the tournament. His Hawkeye was on point... zoning out every member of the Trenchcoat Mafia with impunity.

Agreed. You think he shouldn't have switched to Wesker? Cause I think that might've been the problem. He got bodied by Wesker in one match, then went Wesker too, and has been using him instead of Firebrand afterwards.

Dahbomb

I think he made two errors. One was putting Hawkeye on point. Not that Hawkeye can't be played on point but ChrisG won a lot of matches with Hawkeye down the order. 2nd was of course picking Wesker over Firebrand. I don't know why he did that but he seems to be under pressure that Wesker is GOD/S tier and Firebrand does low damage because every time he played a match the commentators would talk about these 2 things NON STOP. He got a ton of kills/wins thanks to Firebrand and the character is only going to go up from there. I think he basically wanted to train his Hawkeye and put Wesker in as a clutch character in case things go wrong. I think he the original team order of Ryu/Firebrand/Hawkeye was the best for him as it had developed synergy and he has won with it before. I think if he wanted to go the Wesker route he should've put Wesker on point for sure.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
On the roster of several Avengers teams (there's like 4, and all of them are based in NYC LMAO):

That's all I can offer.

Nova was a Secret Avenger for one arc, then went back into space and is currently AWOL. Chances are they're going to be focusing on a new, young and hip
DAMN YOU LOEB
Nova who has little to nothing to do with Richard Rider.

Right, I didn't remember him putting Hawkeye on point. I absolutely agree with you there. Firebrand is ChrisG's character right now, and people are soooo fucking sleeping on him. Like who the fuck gives a shit about his low damage output, he's a bonkers character. If he did any more damage he'd be Wesker II.
It's not like other crazy mixup characters like Felicia or Zero do much damage either.

Nova was a Secret Avenger for one arc, then went back into space and is currently AWOL. Chances are they're going to be focusing on a new, young and hip
DAMN YOU LOEB
Nova who has little to nothing to do with Richard Rider.

O right... He went AWOL in Thanos Imperative, correct? Also yup. Fuck Loeb.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Correct. This image sums up why I'm extremely worried for the new direction.

V_Arnold: There's no Ultimate Nova (there's a character by that name, but he's entirely unrelated), but Loeb is the writer of Ultimatum... so you can see why we're all so pessimistic.

Cosmic Marvel has been constantly decent to amazing in the last decade. And now they let that asshole onto it. Fuck...

Correct. This image sums up why I'm extremely worried for the new direction.

index.php

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hawkeye is/was on pretty much all of these teams at some point, so...

That's all I can offer.
Point being, their not Avengers with costumes inspired by EMH, there's only one team for that, as far as the title explicitly describes (which still isn't explicit enough ti seems).

kCbwT.jpg
RO65T.jpg
VL3R1.jpg

Just to be trying out Avengers now would mean we're trying random combinations of much more of the cast when it specifies further.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
WTF. WTF.

IS that only an Ultimate Nova or is this 616 nova being DESTROYED? God damn.

Ultimate Nova is Rick Jones and has very little similarities with the 616 Nova. Richard Rider was last seen
in a closed off Universe that was set to implode holding off a berserk Thanos.

The image here is the new Nova fleeing from the Phoenix Force which has just destroyed an entire planet. We've only had seven pages of story featuring this new Nova but it does seem to be a Nova from a different universe as he talks about the Corps being intact and some other stuff. The build is also completely different from Richard and his speech pattern is way off too as evidenced by that image. In any event, either this is a random new Corpsman from a newly revived Corps or and this is much more likely, this is the Nova they're gonna be featuring prominently in 2012.

Yo Nils, I'm so fucking happy we got the real NOVA, not that new wussy "nova".

Point being, their not Avengers with costumes inspired by EMH, there's only one team for that, as far as the title explicitly describes (which still isn't explicit enough ti seems).

Ya I know what you mean, I was just saying who's on the Avengers (i.e. pretty much everybody), LOL.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I still love how they picked him as one of the more left field character, but I'm worried that if we ever get a new iteration he'll be the first on the chopping block to either be removed or replaced by this Neo-Nova, which would be akin to DMC fans getting Ninja Theory Dante.

Granted there's not much to go on and this character could turn out to be decent, but dammit if the Magic Eight Ball doesn't say "All signs point to suck" at this point.

On a related note, I made a highlight out of my match against Intelliheath yesterday where Nova single handedly saved my ass. The quality of play obviously isn't on par with tourney players, but it was still pretty hype for my standards.

http://twitch.tv/nils21/b/301502551

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Does NEC begin today?
so no xbl scrub-gaffer wants to play? for shame! :(
I would, I think I'm even on your friends list (I know that feel bro, I got like 20 invites WHILE I was banned, now my list is almost full O_O), but I'm off to class now.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yeah I still love how they picked him as one of the more left field character, but I'm worried that if we ever get a new iteration he'll be the first on the chopping block to either be removed or replaced by this Neo-Nova, which would be akin to DMC fans getting Ninja Theory Dante.

At first, I laughed at the picture you posted of Nova because I have no interest in him whatsoever.

Then you drew the comparison to DmC Dante.

Now I mourn for your loss.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Does NEC begin today?

I would, I think I'm even on your friends list (I know that feel bro, I got like 20 invites WHILE I was banned, now my list is almost full O_O), but I'm off to class now.

Tomorrow, I think.

Which is perfect because I have a ton of work to do (which will probably come to a halt when NEC does come on)

At first, I laughed at the picture you posted of Nova because I have no interest in him whatsoever.

Then you drew the comparison to DmC Dante.

Now I mourn for your loss.

Haha. Yea, that's pretty much what we're going through atm.
I don't know if I should feel happy or not that this shit isn't out here yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom