• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know who's two characters I really miss?

Blackheart_breath.gif
Mvc2-spiral.gif

Degen

too outright terrible to be considered "good" and too many cheap wins to be accepted as "free"

loved by neither side because of all the team armor + ghost rider use

the wanderer

the DEGEN

You think the entire roster of UMvC3 is gonna be ported over into MvC4?
I'm not sure about that, tho... Nova, Skrull, She-Hulk, Tasky, and possibly Rocket Raccoon, MODOK and Dormammu, they're all endangered, I think. I mean, Shuma-Gorath oughta stay given his history as a vs.-series veteran (though that doesn't guarantee your inclusion - LOL HI CYCLOPS).
Also, I wager Vergil and/or Trish, Haggar, Hsien-Ko and Viper possibly getting the boot.

Not sure if Capcom's gonna be "yea, we like the playstyle of these characters enough to keep em".

I'm not sure about that, tho... Nova, Skrull, She-Hulk, Tasky, and possibly Rocket Raccoon, MODOK and Dormammu, they're all endangered, I think. I mean, Shuma-Gorath oughta stay given his history as a vs.-series veteran (though that doesn't guarantee your inclusion - LOL HI CYCLOPS).
Also, I wager Vergil and/or Trish, Haggar, Hsien-Ko and Viper possibly getting the boot.

Not sure if Capcom's gonna be "yea, we like the playstyle of these characters enough to keep em".

Throw Wesker in there. I am mad salty.

Grecco

Capcom has a bunch of models/work from MVC3 that they can simply copy for MVC4 just like they reused sprites/assets for MVC2 Why waste work?

Capcom has a bunch of models/work from MVC3 that they can simply copy for MVC4 just like they reused sprites/assets for MVC2 Why waste work?

You know that game called Tatsunoko vs. Capcom? Yea, they didn't really port a lot of characters over from that, and one of the 2 who were ported over got a huge moveset overhaul (i.e. Frank).

Axis

GGs Axis. I'm trying to learn Nova so I'm not really good with him :p
Your Doom and Viper are pretty annoying

ggs that's the first time i'd used dante outside of training mode(where i'm like 100% on bold cancel combos) so i dropped everything pretty much. arthur is annoying! ^_^

Shuma Gorath
Hsien-Ko
Wesker
Sentinel or Storm(probably Storm)

Peter Parker is gonna get replaced by Miles Morales too.

No. Peter Parker definitely isn't gonna get replaced by Miles Morales, no way in hell Marvel's gonna put in Ultimate Spider-Man, they're never gonna be putting a spin-off into the spotlight like that. LOL

I also doubt Storm's gonna get the boot, she's one of the most popular X-Men; Sentinel I can see, though.

Grecco

You know that game called Tatsunoko vs. Capcom? Yea, they didn't really port a lot of characters over from that, and one of the 2 who were ported over got a huge moveset overhaul (i.e. Frank).

We got Ryu, chun, Morrigan, VJ, Frank West and Zero, and didnt get Alex Batsu, Megaman and Rooll, Saki and that dude from Onimusha. I think we got a decent amount to be honest.

Of course is MVC4 a Current gen game? Or a next gen game? How difficult will that jump be vs Wii to 360? Ect.

We got Ryu, chun, Morrigan, VJ, Frank West and Zero, and didnt get Alex Batsu, Megaman and Rooll, Saki and that dude from Onimusha. I think we got a decent amount to be honest.

Right, I forgot about Joe. I ALWAYS forget about Joe, lol. My bad. Ryu and Chun I wouldn't really put as being ported from TvC, there's also SF4 models and such. Morrigan I dunno, though... Is she like Marvel 3 in TvC? Never really played her that much.

Of course is MVC4 a Current gen game? Or a next gen game? How difficult will that jump be vs Wii to 360? Ect.

Iono, I was just throwing out the thought. I don't think another MvC is gonna happen all too soon, but it might.

Only if they want to kill the series.

Dahbomb

LOL... the character who is #25 (basically the half way point) on my personal tier list... is Akuma. Who I still feel is like A- character.

That is some fucked up shit. You really need to be godlike to be even top 10 in this game. Anything up to top 30 is basically a character who can easily be on a winning team in this game.

Wesker is NEVER going to get replaced. He is too Mahvel now.

Grecco

Well, is that the only overlapping thing? Cause if it is saying Morrigan got ported over from TvC is silly.

Its not the only thing but i sure as heck didnt spend too much time with Morrigan in either game to be like an expert on the subject. I do think its realistic to think that there will be reuased assets from TVC to MVC3 since its the same team developing both games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom