• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, Tron got nerfed badly, though she also got some minor buffs IIRC?
I actually liked her for both the assist and on point. :/

Oh, so YOU were the sole person who bought a single shadow pack?

I bought all of them in the hopes I'd show Capcom my good will as customer. Though I admit, the Seth Killian shadow is awesome to beat up on.

Neki

More that her assist can't be used as a blocking replacement anymore.

She was nerfed, but I don't think her point viability is nothing now.

it is nothing. she can barely do a magic series in the air because of the nerf to her j.H. if I could wave dash, it might be a little better, but without a wave dash, she can't follow up mid screen combos at all.

And she can barely do c.L s.M s.HxxH drill into s.L/launch anymore, which was the alternative to her jump loop, which is not even possible mid screen. In the corner, she's same as vanilla, but anywhere else, it's really hard to actually finish a combo. and I don't think you can combo raw drills on the ground, or at least, the link is super tight now.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
fucking spoiler i hate everyone

It boggles my mind that anyone gives a rat's ass about the endings in this game. And that if you really wanted to see an ending, you didn't already spend the 5 minutes it takes to clear arcade mode with that character.

it is nothing. she can barely do a magic series in the air because of the nerf to her j.H. if I could wave dash, it might be a little better, but without a wave dash, she can't follow up mid screen combos at all.

And she can barely do c.L s.M s.HxxH drill into s.L/launch anymore, which was the alternative to her jump loop, which is not even possible mid screen. In the corner, she's same as vanilla, but anywhere else, it's really hard to actually finish a combo. and I don't think you can combo raw drills on the ground, or at least, the link is super tight now.

Honestly, I don't know much about Tron on point, so I'm not going to ignorantly tell you otherwise... however, if her corner stuff still works, then that's pretty good. That's where all of her damage came from anyway. Can you delay her air series in order to land closer/give more time to OTG? Can she still do some variation of LMHS on the ground?

Nori Chan

It boggles my mind that anyone gives a rat's ass about the endings in this game. And that if you really wanted to see an ending, you didn't already spend the 5 minutes it takes to clear arcade mode with that character.

You're right. I mean the 50 characters in this game are not a high number at all.

I mean I completely forget there was an offline mode besides the training mode.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You're right. I mean the 50 characters in this game are not a high number at all.

I mean I completely forget there was an offline mode besides the training mode.

Usually I'm pretty senstiive to things being spoiled in games. I don't think that anything should be spoiled, even if a game has been out for a decade.

I'm finding it incredibly difficult to feel guilty about spoiling an ending in this game.

Nori Chan

Usually I'm pretty senstiive to things being spoiled in games. I don't think that anything should be spoiled, even if a game has been out for a decade.

I'm finding it incredibly difficult to feel guilty about spoiling an ending in this game.

I'm the 1 out of the 10 people here who actually enjoyed getting the endings and going holy shit its so and so.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
shadow batles were disapointing i wanted to see Combofiend/Justin/Marn ect shadow batles.

That's what everyone was hoping for. I might've actually picked up Shadow Battles for stuff like that, and exclusive titles/icons associated with them. Stuff like that is fun.

Rather than fighting A.I. modeled after Programmer B.

j.h can be followed up by bonne strike into full combo. its harder to hit confirm and results in bitch ass damage scaling, but it's still doable. in compensation for this, she can now special/hyper cancel her otg move which allows her to more easily combo off an air throw (and throws in the corner) by herself without needing an assist.

she had obnoxiously long combos in vanilla, which i guess they were trying to fix but i don't think it really needed to be fixed in the first place. she has to work way too hard to get any damage.

Degen

fi5SV.jpg

when it seems like haters make up 90% of the population
and your name is always the subject of a hater's conversation
how do you deal with the situation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD2OJ1IbYzA

I am NEVER EVER dropping this character and Sent will never use a different assist again

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Maybe Capcom doesn't want to deal with external parties with regards to revenue sharing.

Pretty much, sending those guys royalties for 1$ sales of DLC would be a bitch, and a flat sum probably would've been pretty insignificant.

Shadow Battles were by definition a quick grab at cash. It's the AI on different difficulties with a set team. Nothing more, nothing less.

You should have left the name. People like that deserve to be exposed.
I agree.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Enzo getting blown up. Literally. Fchamp understands.
http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/301525722

Degen getting blown up before he even gets a chance to not get blown up. The ending is sick.
http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/301527367

Same guy whupping on Degen perfects someone and makes him ragequit.
http://www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe/b/301526607

Live lobby in 2-3 hours.

I'm slowly learning the game. Finally did a one touch kill combo on someone yesterday with cap. Feels good.

300 followers and counting! Let's make it to a 1000. Press the share button whenever you are on stream.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So does anyone know good combos with Cap in the corner? I can do the midscreen relaunch stuff but that doesn't work when the opponent is cornered.

So does anyone know good combos with Cap in the corner? I can do the midscreen relaunch stuff but that doesn't work when the opponent is cornered.
you can do fancy jump loops using his double jump. or just do standard launch into neutral jump air series, backdash otg shieldslash (both hits connect), relaunch into standard air series.

Jump backwards. So, c.M, c.H, S, jump backwards, s.H, L shield slash, land, jump backwards, j.H, M shield slash, land, L charging star, S, j.MHS, land, L shield slash, hyper charging star.

shaowebb

Nah, that was Shaowebb and he bought all of them for some reason lol.

Yup. Every Single one. I bought everything. All of it. All of the every. I supported this game really hugely and my reward was getting H&H, 12 new cast, spectator mode, better netcode, and some new moves and balances.
Mainly Iron Fist, though. Biggest reward ever.

Yup. Every Single one. I bought everything. All of it. All of the every. I supported this game really hugely and my reward was getting H&H, 12 new cast, spectator mode, better netcode, and some new moves and balances.

Thank you for UMvC3

What a strange idea of support.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
What a strange idea of support.

Not really. It's the exact inverse of your decision to not buy the game because you don't like certain things they're doing. He did like what they're doing with the franchise, wanted to see more of it and did one of the only things that really matters to companies by giving them his money to hopefully fund future additions to the series. Correct me if I'm wrong shao, don't want to put words in your mouth.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'm burning for H&H too, though I suspect there's just a lot of tweaking going on. Ironically, for all that it is the "fuck around" mode, I'd guess they don't want like 4 cards to end up so broken that they make the only interesting combination.

Balanced imbalance, lol.

Edit:

@shadowebb: truth is, this is the only kind of support that matters. Everyone's so focused on "let's get The Man"... but the truth is, you don't show "support" for better games by refusing to ever buy anything because you don't like some detail. Dev teams may listen to fans, but publishers listen to money. Developers only get the chance to address issues if continuing development is authorized by the publisher.

In cases where the dev team clearly doesn't care, sure, then you drop the series. It's pretty clear fighting game developers (from all companies) realize they do have to listen to the fans. No matter how much some fans go on fits when a dev seems to ignore one particular personal gripe they have. I don't regret buying MVC3, the two DLC characters, and even the freakin' costume pack. I got UMVC3 with more content than the DLC prices would have covered anyway, with way more updates, fixes, and changes than a half dozen DLC characters would have brought to the game.

I know some folks, determined to consider the very people who make their games mortal enemies, would consider this delusion. I just consider it pragmatism.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Not really. It's the inverse of your decision to not buy the game because you don't like certain things they're doing. He did like what they're doing with the franchise, wanted to see more of it and did one of the only things that really matters to companies by giving them his money to hopefully fund future additions to the series. Correct me if I'm wrong shao, don't want to put words in your mouth.

Though, at the same time, we were rewarded for our unwillingness to purchase such DLC, forcing Capcom to step up their game and produce something worth actually buying...

so it goes both ways. According to that logic, we were both rewarded even though our decisions were the opposite of each other.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Though, at the same time, we were rewarded for our unwillingness to purchase such DLC, forcing Capcom to step up their game and produce something worth actually buying...

so it goes both ways. According to that logic, we were both rewarded even though our decisions were the opposite of each other.

True, it's obviously not as black and white as I proposed and it's probably difficult for Capcom to really know how to interpret people buying/not buying DLC as a gauge for future development. Putting Shuma and Jill up as the only character DLC is a good example of that. If those characters had been say Megaman/Gambit or Phoenix Wright even, the numbers would probably have been wildly different.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Let's say that you helped Dormammu beat up Doctor Strange, and he grants you one wish. What would that wish be?

I have no idea why I'm asking these questions, I'm just bored lol

To not be fucking crippled xD Actually scratch that give me a bad ass cyborg body that self updates over time.

Grecco

Let's say that you helped Dormammu beat up Doctor Strange, and he grants you one wish. What would that wish be?

I have no idea why I'm asking these questions, I'm just bored lol

Tobe able to make funky remixes like he can

yeah i really like that dumb video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom