• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
But now Ed Boon is the director
I honestly don't care who it is so long as Ono stays away.

At least most people will be more honest about the game being bad if it is someone else's product. People just lap Ono's shit right up and my mind may break if I see that happen with some shitty ass Darkstalkers.

mr. puppy

Banned
i'm done with you firebrand. learning to pilot you is not as fun as learning to do stupid damage.

dante/strider/taskmaster is godlike. plus fuck firebrand's assists, Vajra is godlike.

Axis

At least most people will be more honest about the game being bad if it is someone else's product. People just lap Ono's shit right up and my mind may break if I see that happen with some shitty ass Darkstalkers.

this is why i'm firmly in the camp of no new darkstalkers...unless they release vampire savior on xbox live with good netcode and training mode...i'll eat that shit up all fucking day. bulleta for life ^_^

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

I don't think it has to do with Ono, more the fact it's SF2 plus alpha new paint edition the CoD of fighters. AE was a giant piece of shit and people ate it up. 2012 looks better at least but I stoped caring after they tried to change super. GG reload was perfect in example, slash was a fucked up mess that shouldn't of existed, AC had enough stuff to be a sequel yet wasn't one. AE is SF4's GGslash, 2012 is not Accent core though.

On the other side of the spectrum outside of wacky dlc gem stuff SF x Tekken looks great to me. But only time will tell, once it's in my heads for sure. So ono get's plus 100 points for ssf4 as it was the right idea, minus 50 for AE, like plus 5 points for 2012.

i'm done with you firebrand. learning to pilot you is not as fun as learning to do stupid damage.

dante/strider/taskmaster is godlike. plus fuck firebrand's assists, Vajra is godlike.

LOL firebrand and strider are the same character type strider is harder to use as well, Firebrands fire assist BOOST taskmasters max possible damage in combos a lot and extra meter gain, Firebrand is a point character. Taskmaster isn't that great solo. If you want easy huge damage, replace strider and dante with Cap, Spencer, Wolverine, or Wesker.

mr. puppy

Banned
Taskmaster isn't that great solo.

yeah i know, but firebrand and strider are so difficult to play that having task in the back makes it a little easier. like.....losing a ton isn't always that fun psychologically, and it makes me want to play the game more when i can push any button and task will do pretty well.

strider is definitely similar to firebrand, but vajra is really good and I know firebrand jumps up the damage, but learning firebrand is so freaking hard that i'm gonna wait for somebody much better than me (definitely chrisg or chrisis) to figure it out so I can steal it :)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
yeah i know, but firebrand and strider are so difficult to play that having task in the back makes it a little easier. like.....losing a ton isn't always that fun psychologically, and it makes me want to play the game more when i can push any button and task will do pretty well.

strider is definitely similar to firebrand, but vajra is really good and I know firebrand jumps up the damage, but learning firebrand is so freaking hard that i'm gonna wait for somebody much better than me (definitely chrisg or chrisis) to figure it out so I can steal it :)

There is really not much to steal, he's all on the fly thinking. You already have all the mix up tools at your hands he's all about going through them at random*to them* to confuse your opponent. Vajra is over rated. It's good though no doubt. But it's mostly better for zoning teams that have trouble vs the air. It has other uses though. It is not the new Wesker gun shot/doom lazer/cold star/tatsu though.

Dirtbag

Firebrand is such a beast even with his low damage. His damage output is probably what vanilla Wolverine should have been like. I find him very easy to play and combo with thanks to his speed and multi-hit moves, I hardly even use most of his arial move set. If you want easy big damage play Hulk

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Firebrand is such a beast even with his low damage. His damage output is probably what vanilla Wolverine should have been like. I find him very easy to play and combo with thanks to his speed and multi-hit moves, I hardly even use most of his arial move set. If you want easy big damage play Hulk

You don't want his multihit moves to multihit as that fucks the scaling on them VERY VERY BADLY. Actually he get's way more damage if you hardly do any hits at all. But that goes against how good he is at building meter :p

Your air chains should never go past the first hit on j.H before you do anything else, and they should never include j.L, Standing H should never be used as he can M into c.H hit confirm into S or a flight/demon missile easy enough.

mr. puppy

Banned

i totally agree, but he is really really not that easy to control. like trying to do a mixup off of a block when you aren't in the corner results in those strange flight cancels or just in general being launched into flight mode ending up with you on sides of the character you don't expect, and it gets weirder in x-factor or luminous.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
i totally agree, but he is really really not that easy to control

He is! You just gotta slow down a bit and ease into it. Trying to go ape shit out the gate when you are learning him will just get you killed, watch how chris g played him the first week. He didn't do anything to crazy cause he was still getting to know the character.

Just cause a character is fast and crazy doesn't mean you need to be going fast and crazy the whole fight. Look at top level play there are always moments when someone goes into a calm state at times before starting back into an attack again when it's safe to.

Grifter

have you guys found any go-to ways for dealing with vajra assist? we have a guy running ghost rider/hawkeye/strider and it's silly.

and any xbox'ers near-ish upstate ny up for some games?

You guys give Ono to much credit/blame for how the SF4 series come/came out. What about the other producers? The creative director/battles designer, all the other designers and producers.

I don't know how Japan studios are structured, but the producer on the publisher side is not really wielding all that design muscle. Isn't the creative director, or the senior producer making the final calls? What about DIMPS? Don't they have a say/hand is what is happening?

To me, ONO is just the front man/face of the game to the public. Of course he is is doing producer stuff, helping sure milestones are being meet, budgets being balanced, all that jazz.

For me, I want a new Darkstalkers, either from the SF4 or MVC teams. Doesn't matter to me. I just don't want ONO using the SF4 engine for it. I think the MVC3 engine would be great for it.

And keep Boon the hell away from Darkstalkers (or a DC comics game as well)!!!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You guys give Ono to much credit/blame for how the SF4 series come/came out. What about the other producers? The creative director/battles designer, all the other designers and producers.

I don't know how Japan studios are structured, but the producer on the publisher side is not really wielding all that design muscle. Isn't the creative director, or the senior producer making the final calls? What about DIMPS? Don't they have a say/hand is what is happening?

To me, ONO is just the front man/face of the game to the public. Of course he is is doing producer stuff, helping sure milestones are being meet, budgets being balanced, all that jazz.

For me, I want a new Darkstalkers, either from the SF4 or MVC teams. Doesn't matter to me. I just don't want ONO using the SF4 engine for it. I think the MVC3 engine would be great for it.

ONO = ONO's Team obviously. No one is blaming a single person exactly.

Axis

i wouldn't want a new DS to look anything like mvc3 or sf4. my main issues come with them retaining the speed from vampire savior...i really love the pace of that game and the way the air to air game works...it's fucking genius.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
i wouldn't want a new DS to look anything like mvc3 or sf4. my main issues come with them retaining the speed from vampire savior...i really love the pace of that game and the way the air to air game works...it's fucking genius.

I been playing new darkstalker games for ages, although the company stopped making them to make some other series cause sega had the rights to it for a while.

They can use the MVC3 engine and it doesn't have to look like MVC3. Just have the MT framework going under the hood.

Maybe they could move away from the dark shading or whatever they are using right now.

Well, yeah. It's supposed to look like the shading in American comic books.

I know that. I mean if they use the MVC3 engine for a Darkstalkers game. Unless people like the current style applied to DS.

I assume people want more anime style if that happened. I personally don't mind. I think the 3 in MVC3 look pretty good. If there was a stand alone game, they could focus more on the animations and make them more detailed, since it would be a 1 on 1 game with maybe 20 characters at most? Unless they create some more new ones. And change up the physics (obviously).

It won't be Darkstalkers without this:

Ke73m.png

Oh, I know his influence is limited. I just don't want him near the game because it makes the likelihood of his team working on it even lower. His art team is just bleh to me after SFIV and SFxTekken. I'm also not fond of the slow ass pace in their games and I have no idea where the team has been outside of Street Fighter(if at all). At least I know that Niitsuma's team has worked on other games that are more diverse and interesting compared to SFIV(Mainly Tatsunoko vs Capcom and other fighters).

I don't care for SFIV's mechanics or art. I can appreciate their passion and how forward thinking they've been with their customers though.

The MvC3 engine should work fine. Shit, I think whatever they are using for SFIV could work if they just cut back on the ultrasaturated colors, ridiculous contrast and STEROIDS.
I know that. I mean if they use the MVC3 engine for a Darkstalkers game. Unless people like the current style applied to DS.

I assume people want more anime style if that happened. I personally don't mind. I think the 3 in MVC3 look pretty good. If there was a stand alone game, they could focus more on the animations and make them more detailed, since it would be a 1 on 1 game with maybe 20 characters at most? Unless they create some more new ones. And change up the physics (obviously).
There are eighteen known playable characters as far as I know. Amingo and Ruby heart are two more. They wouldn't need more than 3 characters per new update so long as they fill the games with features and avoid the milking.

Also, they should totally retcon Son Son into the Darkstalkers universe. She just works, dammit.

People complaining about Firebrand's low damage simply do not understand the game. There, I said it. If Firebrand did any more damage with all the shit he can do, he'd be broken as fuck.

Keep Ono away from Darkstalkers.

I dunno man.
There's either Ono and the game having huge budget.
Or there's not Ono, and the game being Marvel 3 II, if you catch my drift.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I dunno man.
There's either Ono and the game having huge budget.
Or there's not Ono, and the game being Marvel 3 II, if you catch my drift.
This saddens me greatly.

Seriously though, I get very salty every time SFxT even crosses my mind. I don't even care if this is technically jealously I'm feeling, because I rationalize it as injustice in my head.

This saddens me greatly.

Seriously though, I get very salty every time SFxT even crosses my mind. I don't even care if this is technically jealously I'm feeling, because I rationalize it as injustice in my head.

No, it's OK to be salty about it. They get shit that shoulda been in Marvel, like Dino Crisis and GODDAMN FUCKING MEGA MAN. I don't care much about Mega Man, but that's the biggest fucking troll EVER conceived by mankind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom