• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
lol, Lupinko said he's gonna be in with Pac Man. I don't think he's BSing us.
Lupinko would never mislead us.

294420_203112443089266_161227350611109_578428_1429751059_n.jpg

I dunno man.
There's either Ono and the game having huge budget.
Or there's not Ono, and the game being Marvel 3 II, if you catch my drift.
Capcom threads depress me.

So many ultimatums...
This saddens me greatly.

Seriously though, I get very salty every time SFxT even crosses my mind. I don't even care if this is technically jealously I'm feeling, because I rationalize it as injustice in my head.
It is certainly unfair, but there is a way to deal with it besides playing the games. It's not the easiest path to take in this genre though lol.
lol, Lupinko said he's gonna be in with Pac Man. I don't think he's BSing us.
I'm pretty sure there was a little versus segment between 8 bit megaman and pac man at the end of one of their videos too.

Oh Capcom...

have you guys found any go-to ways for dealing with vajra assist? we have a guy running ghost rider/hawkeye/strider and it's silly.
he actually doesn't have that great priority, if he gets called randomly or at a bad time, its quite easy to punish him similar to sent.

you can hit him before he teleports, but also even after he teleports with a high priority move like a launcher, which will then give you a free air combo on him at risk of the opponent being able to punish you though. if the opponent is calling him from full screen trying to zone you, a properly timed s can usually go unpunished.

Zissou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-z3W14v7Pc

I've been trying this out for the past couple of days. I think the timing is a little bit tighter but it's alot easier in the end. I can't seem to get it to work with BC teleport though.

Super late on this, but when you're plinking the bold cancel teleport, unlike other commands, make sure you hit the S second. I use L since it's right above the S. So it should be D,D,L (slight delay) S. For any other bold cancel you're hitting the S first, so it messed me up for a little while too.

thanks for the gaf stream on twitch! its extremely high quality, and actually the best quality stream ive seen for umvc3.

im always up to play umvc3 (im not that great btw) - 360 gamertag is secretanchitman if anyone wants to add me.

After screwing around a bit with MvC2, I get even less how people could want Gambit or Cyclops. What garbage ass boring characters they are LOL.

Gambit boring? Nobody else has a staff. He would have a magnetic shockwave hyper variant. His card super would cover the whole screen. staff moves could tear through projectiles and have stupid hit boxes. Kinetic cards are awesome. wtf man!!

Cyclops is boring maybe. I still like him though.

I dunno man, both characters have such boring movesets. Staff or not.

All that Cyclops is doing is shooting eye lasers, and the occasional punch or kick. Literally. That's all he does LOL. His 2 supers are beams, his command grab is a beam, his projectiles are beams. BEAMS EVERYWHERE. Also dragon punch and hurricane kick.

Gambit is a bit more interesting, but not much. He rarely uses his rod, his wall cling is eh, his cards are kinda boring too... I just don't understand people wanting him.

Hell, Rogue is much more interesting cause she at least has that drain mechanic.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
LOL cyclops is like top 5 in MvC2, he wasn't really that borring. Now his actual character? Fuck him, if we had to pick between wolvie and cyclops wolvie gets in.

I dunno man, both characters have such boring movesets. Staff or not.

All that Cyclops is doing is shooting eye lasers, and the occasional punch or kick. Literally. That's all he does LOL. His 2 supers are beams, his command grab is a beam, his projectiles are beams. BEAMS EVERYWHERE. Also dragon punch and hurricane kick.

Gambit is a bit more interesting, but not much. He rarely uses his rod, his wall cling is eh, his cards are kinda boring too... I just don't understand people wanting him.

Hell, Rogue is much more interesting cause she at least has that drain mechanic.
Says the guy who thinks Nova is hot shit.

c(@_@c)

Get with the Gambit love man! He's Cajun man, Cajun! lol

As for Cyclops. More beams, I love it. I use Sent/Doom already. I could have 2 beams assists to combine with Sent's mouth lasers. Get hype.

LOL cyclops is like top 5 in MvC2, he wasn't really that borring. Now his actual character? Fuck him, if we had to pick between wolvie and cyclops wolvie gets in.

Not saying he's BAD, I'm saying he's so boring to watch and play LOL

Says the guy who thinks Nova is hot shit.

c(@_@c)

Nah, I can see why people think the moveset of the guy is generic (I never opposed THAT point), but dude is mad hype to watch and really fun to play. Cyclops and Gambit not so much.

Get with the Gambit love man! He's Cajun man, Cajun! lol

I hate him so much in the comics, he's basically a personification of what's wrong with X-Men comics and Marvel comics in general. He was created by Claremont who had ENTIRELY different plans for him (that actually were really fucking badass), but the writers after him fucked him up and made him a poor man's Spider-Man with a terrible accent and personality.

Also, you see me cryin' for more Russians? LOL

I hate him so much in the comics, he's basically a personification of what's wrong with X-Men comics and Marvel comics in general. He was created by Claremont who had ENTIRELY different plans for him (that actually were really fucking badass), but the writers after him fucked him up and made him a poor man's Spider-Man with a terrible accent and personality.

Also, you see me cryin' for more Russians? LOL

Dude, he has a trench coat. He is BFF with wesker/dante/vergil. Plus his "sword". He's in there.

But honestly, all I know about him is from the 90's cartoon. The cheesy accent is awesome to me, haha.

I've read somewhere he is a high level mutant or something? IDK, I am ignorant to these things.

And yes, more Russians please :)

gief, Colossus, omega red, bring them!!

I have been asking for Omega Red for a long time. He would play awesome. The anti spencer.

zlatko

Banned
Gambit is bad ass. They should add him and Rolento as a double DLC pack. "Ugly Stick DLC Pack. Now beat dat ass 7 shades of purple with your ugly stick characters. Bust 'em up so bad their mama won't even recognize them."

Kappa

Dude, he has a trench coat. He is BFF with wesker/dante/vergil. Plus his "sword". He's in there.

But honestly, all I know about him is from the 90's cartoon. The cheesy accent is awesome to me, haha.

I've read somewhere he is a high level mutant or something? IDK, I am ignorant to these things.

And yes, more Russians please :)

gief, Colossus, omega red bring them!!

I have been asking for Omega Red for a long time. He would play awesome. The anti spencer.
Comic book writing that resorts to powering up characters needlessly in order to manufacture stories more easily.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
After screwing around a bit with MvC2, I get even less how people could want Gambit or Cyclops. What garbage ass boring characters they are LOL.
You are a terrible person.

Gambit's card super is one of the most swag supers in the history of MvC. Although, a Jill-style revamp would be in order for Gambit.

Yea, he's pretty high up there in terms of power, he can essentially charge up all inanimate objects with their kinetic energy so they're explosive projectiles. He did have his moments, like that one time he spat a chewing gum into a dude's face and made it explode. I admit as much. But overall, he's a terrible character who usually always gets terrible writing LOL.

Yea, he's pretty high up there in terms of power, he can essentially charge up all inanimate objects with their kinetic energy so they're explosive projectiles. He did have his moments, like that one time he spat a chewing gum into a dude's face and made it explode. I admit as much. But overall, he's a terrible character who usually always gets terrible writing LOL.

oh man, can you imagine a hyper where like puts his staff in your hand and says 'hold dat' and It explodes in their face? Then just laughs at you Cajun style. Lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Gambit's level 3 should be him leaving an Ace of Spades on the ground somewhere for your opponent to walk into. L, M and H dictate the part of the screen. Does extra damage on Sentinel.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
While we're at it bring back Jin. And don't make his moves charge based. The Bloodia supers would look sooooo cool.

Hmmm... Maybe I should go back to MVC2 now that I know how fighting games work.

Grecco

It was my poor attempt at making a joke regarding how Jins taunt is him naked rubbing a towel on himself, and you could make him move the tower faster and he gets like all red and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom