• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axis

<GB>: yo vex wanna post on gaf for me? I'm not banned so it's ok
<GB>: tell shaowebb that I won a marvel local yesterday and stay free

^_^

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Even though I'm not a Jin fanboy, I wouldn't mind his inclusion in MvC3. Better choice than most fan requests anyways.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
lol, sorry about that. I couldn't resist it. GGs though.

I really like ChrisG's PW/Dante/Morrigan team, though. Works out really well.

I was cracking up when it happened. Nothing says, "you fucked up this match" like PW getting turnabout mode.

USD

Arturo is streaming some casuals from NEC hotel room. Streaming from phone, so a bit low quality and laggy, but still watchable.

Justin Wong (Felicia/Storm/Akuma) vs. NerdJosh (Dante/Frank West/Wesker) right now.

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

Now Wong vs. PR (Spencer/Dante/Wesker).

Theres gonna be a shit ton of Wesker's at NEC this weekend, nerf incoming in t-minus... Can't wait for NEC though, I'll be up early to tune in to as much Marvel and Tekken Tag 2 action as possible. Really hoping we see some insane stuff, and hopefully some high level Phoenix Wright play.

shaowebb

<GB>: yo vex wanna post on gaf for me? I'm not banned so it's ok
<GB>: tell shaowebb that I won a marvel local yesterday and stay free

^_^

And magically there will be no videos again for God's Beard to show us any of it. I got one though.
Beard vs Q

Seriously, man. I'm busy with my portfolio. Of course I'm staying free when I can't even play for nearly a week on end and even then only for an hour or so. How often do I even post now? Even now I'm crunching out the last of my statistics final from the survey in the other window. How could I get better when I don't get to play?

At least I don't try to brag about things and then run terrified of posting vids if asked to show it off. That or drop a salty F-bomb at all of Marvel Gaf after losing on a stream. I lose I say ggs and learn from it.

Enjoy the vid again everyone. I gotta get back to work.

Axis

And magically there will be no videos again for God's Beard to show us any of it. I got one though.
Beard vs Q

Seriously, man. I'm busy with my portfolio. Of course I'm staying free when I can't even play for nearly a week on end and even then only for an hour or so. How often do I even post now? Even now I'm crunching out the last of my statistics final from the survey in the other window. How could I get better when I don't get to play?

At least I don't try to brag about things and then run terrified of posting vids if asked to show it off. That or drop a salty F-bomb at all of Marvel Gaf after losing on a stream. I lose I say ggs and learn from it.

Enjoy the vid again everyone. I gotta get back to work.

just passing it along!

And magically there will be no videos again for God's Beard to show us any of it.

sam_0310vxf31.gif

I made this to show someone a basic setup for my tournament team(Wesker/Spencer/Strider). And making this was a huge pain in the ass, so you're not getting anything else. Ok, I'm out again.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
LOL at using a super laggy ass match between me and god's for reference. I get mad as fuck when I lose in lag myself. Difference is I dont got 50 people jumping all over my ass trying to cause drama off it. I mean holy shit it was day 1 shit, IN HEAVY LAG with new CHARACTERS.

K701

Banned
If anyone wants to play some matches I'm online on PSN right now. I've been avoiding this game since I sold my TV and have to play it on a head mounted display. It's kinda annoying but I love the game too much to just stop playing it.

PSN ID: niu-niu

shaowebb

Oh thank God. Now you can post videos for us and stop offering up salt all the time. This is all I was asking for to begin with Beard...you should've just done this the first time. I'll believe Q if he says that match was laggy BTW, but from the stream that looked crisp. Your rant afterwards is what warranted all this hounding from me. You gotta admit saying "fuck you" to the whole of Marvel-gaf kind of warrants some dogging.

Well that and all the needless dogging of everything I said or did on the forums for awhile was another reason I demanded those vids. Now that I got them consider yourself redeemed. Just keep them coming will ya because you really can't get it done online so it looks like your offline labwork is where you should rock it.

Dahbomb

IDK if DahBomb is around but YO DAWG ARTHUR IS B TIER AT THE LEAST NOW AND HIGH B TIER.
All I can say is that dude has a stupid ass tri-dash bull shit in XFLVL3 with that j.S of his.

Still at the bottom of B tier in my list though.

I thought God's Beard tournament team was Wesker/Magneto/Strider?

shaowebb

All I can say is that dude has a stupid ass tri-dash bull shit in XFLVL3 with that j.S of his.

Still at the bottom of B tier in my list though.

I thought God's Beard tournament team was Wesker/Magneto/Strider?

Hell I thought he was still addicted Magneto/Nemesis/Wesker trying to catch some of his old DP team's jazz, but I'm rather out of the loop since launch week. Strider and Spencer is nice though. Hard to block or run from.

Dahbomb

Kerahime over at SRK is claiming that Vergil on point with Doom Hidden Missiles can create a MVC2 style Strider + Doom lock down and could potentially chip down a 1 million health character with 2 meters.

I found that hard to believe, even with Blistering Swords it's hard to create a set up that could chip a character for that much damage. I want to see the video of that asap. If it's true and Vergil can basically lock down a character with 2 bars then that's automatic S tier status.

Dahbomb

That picture of PW is basically what every match involving PW looks like. PW in the corner mashing up/back block while the opponent is in his face trying to rush his sorry ass down.

one_kill

Just got the game and played for about 30 minutes. The game feels fresher than I thought it would feel, but I'm finding it hard to adjust to the changes made to the characters (as well as the overall system) I used in vanilla. Nova is my favourite new character.

Hopefully I'll be able to unlearn vanilla and (re)learn ultimate.

Im suprisingly less hyped than i thought i would be with this tournament with some of the absences.

Who exactly is absent? As far as I know all the big East Coast players are there + a few West Coast players..... surely you weren't expecting guys like Combofiend or Viscant to be there?

Why wouldn't i expect sponsored west coast players to be there?

Because Phily isn't close to Cali? And those guys you know have a life and can't attend all the tourneys in the US? Among the West Coast players who except for J Wong frequently plays in East Coast tourneys?

Grecco

Because Phily isn't close to Cali? And those guys you know have a life and can't attend all the tourneys in the US? Among the West Coast players who except for J Wong frequently plays in East Coast tourneys?

I dont expect guys who arent sponsored like Fanatiq, or quasi sponsored like Viscant to go to east coast tourneys, but if you are sponsored by a real team i would expect them to be at a tournament like NEC. Phily isnt close to Cali? So? Isnt that the point of being sponsored so you dont have to pay for your air plane ticket?

Who frequents EC tourneys? Marn seems to. Combofiend made it out to more after joining CC.

Axis

I dont expect guys who arent sponsored like Fanatiq, or quasi sponsored like Viscant to go to east coast tourneys, but if you are sponsored by a real team i would expect them to be at a tournament like NEC. Phily isnt close to Cali? So? Isnt that the point of being sponsored so you dont have to pay for your air plane ticket?

Who frequents EC tourneys? Marn seems to. Combofiend made it out to more after joining CC.

yet we're still going to see a ton of good shit

regardless of if someone like combo didn't come...SCR is right around the corner

You don't seem to understand how sponsorships works...... it's not like players get to demand plane ticket money from their sponsors, it's the sponsors who decide which tourney the players go to, and sponsors aren't sugar daddies who can afford paying for every tourney in the US. And like I said, the players have a life, they have jobs, they can't take leave whenever they like, and they don't care about entertaining us as much as you like.

Complaining is ridiculous anyway, all of the best East Coast players already guarantees a hype tourney. If you want to see West Coast players SCR is coming very soon.

Grecco

If im not mistaken Combofiend/Mike Ross will be doing work for CC in China, and Fillipino Champ/Ricky Ortiz will be in a AE 2012 tourney tonight. So its not like its because of "Real life" that they couldnt go.

Complaining is ridiculous anyway, all of the best East Coast players already guarantees a hype tourney. If you want to see West Coast players SCR is coming very soon.

You seem to not understand what complaining is. I said i was "less hyped". Not that i was complaining about it. "Less hyped" still means hyped, just not as much.

yet we're still going to see a ton of good shit

regardless of if someone like combo didn't come...SCR is right around the corner

This is true.

Axis

i thought ross was going? wasn't he supposed to MM jago at NEC or is that at bar fights or SCR? i can't keep up with this shit

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
scytheavatar, do you have to be arrogant, dismissive, and snide in every single post you make?

Anyway, I just finished watching the top 8 from Finest KO last night. I can't believe how many OTGs ShadyK dropped and still got away with.

scytheavatar, do you have to be arrogant, dismissive, and snide in every single post you make?

I just find it strange that people were expecting lots of West Coast players in a East Coast tourney. NEC is nowhere near a huge tourney like Season's Beatings, it has only a $750 bonus pot while Season's Beatings had a $5000 guaranteed pot (not to mention it didn't invite any foreign talent for AE), and it isn't usual for big name West Coast players to come to a East Coast tourney of that size. J Wong is the most famous player in the US and it's normal for EG to want to send him to as many tourneys as possible but otherwise the other players don't have that luxury. I also find it insulting to the East Coast players that people are complaining about West Coast players not coming over to their tourney, the standard at Big 2 has skyrocketed ever since UMvC3 came out and I am of the opinion that the East Coast players no longer are behind the West Coast players. And I wouldn't be surprised if most of those West Coast players crash out early in NEC, it's not easy to perform out of your home territory against those who are in their home territory. Just look at what happened in CEO.

Anyway, I just finished watching the top 8 from Finest KO last night. I can't believe how many OTGs ShadyK dropped and still got away with.
We've all got personalities to keep up you know.

GB-FG scientist
Dahbomb-Hypeman
Karsticles-Smart guy
You-Devil's advocate
AzureJericho-Ordinary guy
Scy-Know it all
Me-Fighting game hipster
Enzo-360 GAF whipping boy
Shaowebb-Worst internet EVAR guy
Professor Beef-Comedy relief
Red Arremer-Marvel nut
Paralax scroll-Guy who posts too much
Q-Cheap bastard
Smurf-The Ken to my Ryu
Sephi-Our resident urley hero

Shit is like wrestling, dawgs.

h3ro

Just watching the Live Oratory stream with Clockwork and Jaha as a warm up for NEC.

Who was the one saying that Clockwork and ShadyK were washed up veterans? I couldn't make that out, sounded like a recording from a phone being replayed.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
We've all got our personalities to keep up you know.

GB-FG scientist
Dahbomb-Hypeman
Karsticles-Smart guy
You-Devil's advocate
Scy-Know it all
Me-Fighting game hipster
Guardian-
Red Arremer-Marvel nut
Q-Cheap bastard
Smurf-The Ken to my Ryu
Sephi-Our resident urley hero

Shit is like wrestling, dawgs.
I'd say that my quirk is an air of baseless authority, but that's a pretty good list.

Dahbomb

Can the extended intro be unlocked in game? Been trying to find an HD download of it for ages. Gamersyde let me down. :(
I want to know this too.

As your local "Hypeman" I urge Marvel-GAF to GET.FUCKING.HYPED!!!

So some West coast players won't be coming... that's what SCR is about. At least Clockwork and Justin will be there among a few others. That doesn't stop it from being STUPID HYPE... crazy tech in coming.

Can't wait to see what RogueYoshi has up his sleeve with the Sons of Sparda + Strange.

Axis

Just watching the Live Oratory stream with Clockwork and Jaha as a warm up for NEC.

Who was the one saying that Clockwork and ShadyK were washed up veterans? I couldn't make that out, sounded like a recording from a phone being replayed.

i think it was an old quote/interview with dark prince...the guy who was banned from evo ^_^

Grecco

We've all got personalities to keep up you know.

GB-FG scientist
Dahbomb-Hypeman
Karsticles-Smart guy
You-Devil's advocate
Scy-Know it all
Me-Fighting game hipster
Red Arremer-Marvel nut