• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
So if it comes down to XF3 Wesker vs XF3 Strider, there is nothing Wesker can do, correct? That match-up is completely in Strider's favor if he tries to run, no? I guess you could try and super jump and throw him if he tries to fly across the screen off of a wall cling?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We've all got personalities to keep up you know.

GB-FG scientist
Dahbomb-Hypeman
Karsticles-Smart guy
You-Devil's advocate
AzureJericho-Ordinary guy
Scy-Know it all
Me-Fighting game hipster
Enzo-360 GAF whipping boy
Shaowebb-Worst internet EVAR guy
Professor Beef-Comedy relief
Red Arremer-Marvel nut
Paralax scroll-Guy who posts too much
Q-Cheap bastard
Smurf-The Ken to my Ryu
Sephi-Our resident urley hero

Shit is like wrestling, dawgs.
Bwahahaha

And it's more like
SolarPowered - Anarchist
GB - Failed Theorycraft Major

Dahbomb

So if it comes down to XF3 Wesker vs XF3 Strider, there is nothing Wesker can do, correct? That match-up is completely in Strider's favor if he tries to run, no? I guess you could try and super jump and throw him if he tries to fly across the screen off of a wall cling?
Strider + Ouroborus vs LVL4 Wesker = Strider wins
Vergil + SS vs LVL4 Wesker = Vergil wins
Firebrand + LVL3 vs LVL4 Wesker = Firebrand wins
Dark Phoenix vs LVL4 Wesker = Phoenix wins
Felicia + Kitty Helper vs LVL4 Wesker = Felicia wins
Morrigan + Astral Vision vs LVL4 Wesker (already happened like 10 times on stream) = Morrigan wins
Frank West LVL5 vs LVL4 Wesker = Frank West wins
Zero + Sogenmu vs LVL4 Wesker = Zero wins

Problem with Wesker is that when he is sitting on XF at the end, next touch is going to kill when he activates and they he mixes up the incoming opponent. That is where he is super dangerous because if you guess wrong you are dead and he kills super fast. If you survive the mix up and the game is more neutral in positioning he is far more manageable unlike Dark Phoenix who can basically do whatever no matter where she is. You have to be careful about Wesker clipping you from below when you are jumping around.

Azure J

GB-FG scientist
Dahbomb-Hypeman
Karsticles-Smart guy
You-Devil's advocate
Scy-Know it all
Me-Fighting game hipster
Red Arremer-Marvel nut
Q-Cheap bastard
Smurf-The Ken to my Ryu

I love this. :lol

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

GB-FG scientist
Dahbomb-Hypeman
Karsticles-Smart guy
You-Devil's advocate
Scy-Know it all
Me-Fighting game hipster
Red Arremer-Marvel nut
Q-Cheap bastard
Smurf-The Ken to my Ryu

Glad that I am not up there. For some reason, you made it sound like it's bad thing. :lol

Frantic

Phoenix Wright is garbage... please stop using this character people.

Having a team of Hsien Ko, She Hulk and Tron is WAY more effective than just having Wright on your team.

WORD
Dahbomb, my Phoenix Wright is the best Phoenix Wright in the business. I have only lost about two of my fifteen or so matches with him. I've also got like a 95% success rate with getting him into Turnabout Mode. You just don't know about that mango PW/Dante/Morrigan team.
Even if I do win by the most fraudulent way possible with that team.

But yeah, Hsien-Ko is better. Shoutouts to Parallel 7.[/trollface]

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

GB-FG scientist
Dahbomb-Hypeman
Karsticles-Smart guy
You-Devil's advocate
Scy-Know it all
Me-Fighting game hipster
Red Arremer-Marvel nut
Q-Cheap bastard
Smurf-The Ken to my Ryu

Who would be Vince McMahon/ rotating Raw official?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Who would be Vince McMahon/ rotating Raw official?

I could make pay per view constants of this matches:

Karsticle vs Red Arremer: Hell in the Cell match
Q vs GB: Salt bag top of the pole. Whoever grab that bag will win.
Dahbomb vs ShaoWebb: Fall count everywhere match
Smurfx vs Frantic: Lead Pipe match
Nils vs SolarKnight: International Champion
Parallax Scroll vs SolarPowered: Loser would force to main Hsien-Ko forever
Enzo vs Dr. Beef: Regular Match

Announcement team: Kadey and Spindashing

Edited: I don't meant to leave anyone out but I can't think of good matches. (Sad thing, I used to watch WWF in old time.)

Wesker.

Ground magic series -> Air Magic series ->gunshot -> ground magic series -> Air Magic series -> Gunshot -> Assist -> S -> Air magic series -> Gunshot -> Team Hyper OR level 3

Wesker.

Can the extended intro be unlocked in game? Been trying to find an HD download of it for ages. Gamersyde let me down. :(

I asked the samething when the game came out and all signs are pointing to it not being able to be unlocked. I asked gamersryde on twitter if they were going to upload it and I got no reply so I feel your pain =( Best bet is to find someone who has access to Capcom's press site and ask them to download it then upload it to a filesharing site.

is ranked always a dead zone for players? I dislike most lobbies because you have to wait over a bunch of matches before you can play yourself.

Online just feels really quiet and I dislike it :(

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
is ranked always a dead zone for players? I dislike most lobbies because you have to wait over a bunch of matches before you can play yourself.

Online just feels really quiet and I dislike it :(

People are not buying it because of 9 months length and people rather to buy other games that also released in Nov.

They should release it in right time than release it against SR3, AC:R, H:CE and etc.

Captain America is covering most of my bad matchups for my Spider-Man team.

Think I've found a suitable alt point character :D

Think I can fight almost any team with those two now (one of em with Hawkeye and X-23).

Edited: I don't meant to leave anyone out but I can't think of good matches. (Sad thing, I used to watch WWF in old time.)
This would be a fight that Parallax could never win.
solar is just salty cause i like to hate on hsienko and skullgirls
Oh, I didn't mean anything by it lol. I was just having fun and I noticed that you have the most posts in the thread.
I'm not really knowledgeable about Wrestling (i.e. I have no clue about it), so what does that mean? XD
You've never watched American wrestling? You don't want to know lol.

Captain America is covering most of my bad matchups for my Spider-Man team.

Think I've found a suitable alt point character :D

Think I can fight almost any team with those two now (one of em with Hawkeye and X-23).
what's your team? i've wanted to put spidey/cap together, but they have such horrible dhc synergy between the 2. actually, spidey probably has one of the worst dhc synergy out of everyone.

right now, im using spidey/hulk which is just too good. 1mil dmg from just 2 bars is too much to pass up on.

red arremer said:
I'm not really knowledgeable about Wrestling (i.e. I have no clue about it), so what does that mean? XD
soap opera for men.

what's your team? i've wanted to put spidey/cap together, but they have such horrible dhc synergy between the 2. actually, spidey probably has one of the worst dhc synergy out of everyone.

Yeah, I can't put em together. Spidey/Hawkeye/X-23 for most due to Spider-Man's mobility and ability to kill/annoy, Cap/Hawkeye/X-23 for more projectile-based teams. Both points have pretty ridiculous damage output and solid hitconfirms.

I thought about Spidey/Hulk as well for the decent damage, but I'd hate to be left with just Hulk in some situations.

People are not buying it because of 9 months length and people rather to buy other games that also released in Nov.

They should release it in right time than release it against SR3, AC:R, H:CE and etc.

explains a lot, I bought it as I sold the original game for the same price I bought it at, and ultimate is rather good compared to the old release.

I really wish they would've changed the input for Hsien-Ko's Henkyo Ki. Making it the backwards Shoryuken makes learning her loop a living hell. I also have a bad habit of not returning the stick to neutral so I end up using Anki Hou H instead of Edoga. Ughh.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Will Shadow Battles and Events return to Ultimate?
No.

Heroes and Heralds essentially covers all the interesting stuff in Event mode anyways, like the invisibility, three of one character, etc. As far as some challenge-like goals to accomplish though, there's a few more things for titles, but not much.

I'm giving up on my Seth Killian tweet barrage. Who needs to kick people from lobbies anyways? I'm sure Capcom knows what they're doing, just like intentionally hiding things from the "complete" change list in AE 2012.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
This would be a fight that Parallax could never win.

Oh, I didn't mean anything by it lol. I was just having fun and I noticed that you have the most posts in the thread.

You've never watched American wrestling? You don't want to know lol.

American Wrestling Agencies are getting stupider every year they do. I quit watching since some of old timer wrestlers retired or quit.

I think I quit about time when Attitude Era end and few years before WCW collapsed and sold out to WWF.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm giving up on my Seth Killian tweet barrage. Who needs to kick people from lobbies anyways? I'm sure Capcom knows what they're doing, just like intentionally hiding things from the "complete" change list in AE 2012.

Eh, its not like they'll patch it into UMvC3. Shit, knowing Capcom, they left it out intentionally to make SFxT look even better in comparison.

zlatko

Banned
Which of Nova's assists is "the best", and the same goes for Hawkeye?

I've been using Nova's slide across the screen assist and Hawkeye's triple shot. My third character is Vergil and I'm using the multi slash dash across the screen assist.

I'm sort of conflicted between Hawkeye's triple shot and OTG poison arrow. You can set up some cool spaced OTG's combos with it, and you can use it during combos too for better damage.

Nova however I'm super confused which would fit my team the best. :/

Which of Nova's assists is "the best", and the same goes for Hawkeye?

I've been using Nova's slide across the screen assist and Hawkeye's triple shot. My third character is Vergil and I'm using the multi slash dash across the screen assist.

I'm sort of conflicted between Hawkeye's triple shot and OTG poison arrow. You can set up some cool spaced OTG's combos with it, and you can use it during combos too for better damage.

Nova however I'm super confused which would fit my team the best. :/
nova's overhead. poison arrow is good damage if you can work it into your combos but outside of combos it's not as good as triple arrow, so they both have uses.

How do you check that?
Click the number under the replies column for the thread when you see the thread on one of the pages for GAF.
I really wish they would've changed the input for Hsien-Ko's Henkyo Ki. Making it the backwards Shoryuken makes learning her loop a living hell. I also have a bad habit of not returning the stick to neutral so I end up using Anki Hou H instead of Edoga. Ughh.
That piece of shit input is the second worst thing about her. Fixing that and pendulum cancels alone would move her out of bottom tier instantly.
American Wrestling Agencies are getting stupider every year they do. I quit watching since some of old timer wrestlers retired or quit.

I think I quit about time when Attitude Era end and few years before WCW collapsed and sold out to WWF.
I used to watch wrestling back in the WWF days. I quit around the time Kane took his mask off. It really turned into a soap opera around that time.

WWF was pretty epic in a lot of ways though haha.
Hey, I'm not on the list? That hurts my feelings.

*kicks a bunny*

So Gods Beard dropped Nemmy huh?
*strokes chin*
Red and Scy kinda take the spots you might occupy lol.
so basically he is tommy from the tv show martin?
I'd say yeah if I knew who that character is and what show you are talking about. :p

Hahahaha, who'd even pay for that? XD

So, would I be like Rey Misterio or something? =P

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I would be so free to Beef, no one would want to watch that match.

Should be me vs. Bark. We have some awesome sets and are relatively the same skill. Bark doesn't post much though, but he's my favourite sparring partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom