• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with nerfing Wesker is that it's not a simple fix. They need to look at his self-OTG ability, his combo-ability from full screen gunshots, his glasses mechanic, his increased damage output on Phantom Dance, etc. There are a lot of things about him that need to be toned down, but they also don't want to kill him in the process. And nerfing his HP doesn't actually solve the problem, like it did with Sentinel.
That shit is simple. Cut 100k hp and nerf glasses. It'd leave him in Vanilla status with lower health and no combos from the other side of the stage. He NEVER EVER needed to lose anything on his assists or his self OTG. I have no idea where you got that from.

About as easy as a drunk Paris Hilton.

edit: holy shit did I read that wrong lol

still, my point stands outside of the OTG nonsense

JeTmAn81

That shit is simple. Cut 100k hp and nerf glasses. It'd leave him in Vanilla status with lower health and no combos from the other side of the stage. He NEVER EVER needed to lose anything on his assists or his self OTG. I have no idea where you got that from.

About as easy as a drunk Paris Hilton.

It seems like Wesker's strengths are his ability to zone as well as rush down very effectively, to mix up, and to hit very hard. That's too much for one character to have, so at least one area needs to be toned down. I think the essence of the character relies in his rushdown mixups and gun zoning, so that stuff should be left in. If anything, an overall damage decrease for him is warranted. It might work to just remove the glasses thing, or you could leave the glasses in and reduce the damage of his attacks by perhaps 10%. Someone with his versatility simply shouldn't hit that hard.

kirblar

What would be wrong w/ realizing the glasses mechanic was a bad idea and simply removing it? He's still plenty good. It's not intricately wound with his other moves and abilities. It was a tacked on mechanic, right?
It probably doesn't solve all of the issues, and they'd rather not do incremental patches.

Neki

Wait Wesker can zone now? When the fuck could he do that? News to me.

he can zone against people that have no projectiles, LOL.

honestly, super jump and he can't zone for shit.

people, learn to super jump

super jump
super jump
super jump
super jump

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Less snark, more real talk. Many people consider his gun to be an effective zoning tool. He's no Hawkeye, but it's an option.

Real talk? Coming from someone that thinks sent xfactor 3 is still to strong, then turns around and says do what ever they want to arthur who can full screen kill teams? Or do retarded mix ups that happen so fast you cant do much. Sent xfactor 3 is far from being one of the best xfactor 3's in the game.

Also it sounds like you guys need more wesker fight exp. I already had to deal with his ass everyday I played mvc3 cause a friend used him so I guess I'm just used to what he does in general. Only thing throwing me off a bit now is the recovery changes between glasses status.

JeTmAn81

he can zone against people that have no projectiles, LOL.

honestly, super jump and he can't zone for shit.

people, learn to super jump

super jump
super jump
super jump
super jump

True, he's always been weak against the upper corn-OMG WATCH OUT IT'S VAJRA!!!!!!!!!!!

I would fucking trade Hsien-ko's item toss for Wesker's pew pew pew in a heartbeat.

It is definitely a GOOD zoning tool.
It seems like Wesker's strengths are his ability to zone as well as rush down very effectively, to mix up, and to hit very hard. That's too much for one character to have, so at least one area needs to be toned down. I think the essence of the character relies in his rushdown mixups and gun zoning, so that stuff should be left in. If anything, an overall damage decrease for him is warranted. It might work to just remove the glasses thing, or you could leave the glasses in and reduce the damage of his attacks by perhaps 10%. Someone with his versatility simply shouldn't hit that hard.
I don't think that people understand how fundamental glasses are at this point. They GIVE HIM HIS VANILLA FULLSCREEN GUN COMBOS AND 650K DAY 1 COMBOS.

Kill glasses, phantom dance crossup, nerf 100k health. I don't care about his launcher being -1 or whatever. Done and done.

Bizazedo

Even with that nerf, he'll still wreck people in X-factor level 3.

The glasses don't make him wreck teams, X-factor does. I play Wesker and would be 100% okay with glasses and 100k health nerf because he'd still crush.

I would fucking trade Hsien-ko's item toss for Wesker's pew pew pew in a heartbeat.

It is definitely a GOOD zoning tool.
Yup yup. There's a reason why I always have to rush Wesker with Dormammu. I can't get any of my shit to come out!

I don't think that people understand how fundamental glasses are at this point. They GIVE HIM HIS VANILLA FULLSCREEN GUN COMBOS AND 650K DAY 1 COMBOS.

Kill glasses, phantom dance crossup, nerf 100k health. I don't care about his launcher being -1 or whatever. Done and done.
Agreed, but all launchers should really be -10.

JeTmAn81

point character with assist seems to be more effective than point character with no assist.

what is this game, marvel.

I was pointing out that while his zoning is not universally effective, in Ultimate it's actually even better because of things like Vajra that are now available to him. Anyway, it doesn't seem like there are a lot of characters who can do really good damage from the top of a super jump.

Bizazedo

Boggles my mind that some launchers are safe on block. A lot of the design / implementation issues in Marvel makes Capcom look really bad.

JeTmAn81

Yep. You'd end in a palm and teleport away.

When I think about it, that's actually not the kind of change that I think would be good for Wesker. I like seeing the kind of blockstring pressure he can put on somebody so taking away from that would interfere with what's fun about him. Honestly, I don't think I'd want to see the cross-under into launcher mixup on incoming go away either, though since that's against an airborne opponent it might work even with an unsafe move.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
How fast does Wesker's counters come out? I don't think I've ever seen anyone use them. I don't use Maggy's, because if I miss, he's a sitting duck thanks to him flexing after the shield pops. I don't even know how to follow up off of it.

Shuma Gorath is such bullshit. Thank god more players don't use him. -_-

i don't think wesker's power up in itself is all that broken. however, being tied to phantom dance, which is already pretty broken itself, is.

i can't think of many hyper's that give you so many reason's to use em at random. sure, there are powerup super's like wolvie's or zero's that you'd want to use randomly at times jus to get a better mixup, but they are nowhere near as good as weskers.

problem #1 is that it's permanent until you tag out. self-explanatory here, no need to say anything else.

problem #2 is that it randomly crosses up. x-factor or dhc for big damage. why should a player be rewarded with such a thing on top of getting the power boost?

if they got rid of rhino charge, and replaced it with a power up super that only lasted 10secs or whatever, i'd be fine with that.

Bizazedo

How fast does Wesker's counters come out? I don't think I've ever seen anyone use them. I don't use Maggy's, because if I miss, he's a sitting duck thanks to him flexing after the shield pops. I don't even know how to follow up off of it.

Shuma Gorath is such bullshit. Thank god more players don't use him. -_-

I killed a Hawkeye at the tourney in casuals with his projectile counter. It was hilarious.

Only worked because the Hawkeye was being predictable, though. They're much better than they used to be, but the game still moves fast to react to something and do it. You really have to predict what the other guy is going to do.

I posted in the NEC thread that I started testing ChrisG's Phantom Dance -> Shinkuu Hadoken DHC, but this thread is probably better for it.

No mashing, no holding forward. Just qcf+PP, let go of the controls, wait, qcf+PP. Most of the time I get Ryu's level 3. I've gotten Shinkuu Hadoken a few times but I'm not seeing a pattern as to why yet.

Let's understand something: Rhino Charge is the one thing done right with Wesker, the one thing that takes thought and skill to use. There's no reason to hate Rhino Charge.

When I think about it, that's actually not the kind of change that I think would be good for Wesker. I like seeing the kind of blockstring pressure he can put on somebody so taking away from that would interfere with what's fun about him. Honestly, I don't think I'd want to see the cross-under into launcher mixup on incoming go away either, though since that's against an airborne opponent it might work even with an unsafe move.
Your opinions are bad.

Chavelo

MARVEL-GAF!
Especially Ultimoo, he'll love this...

Guess the fuck what? Roommate and I were out for the weekend and the roommate's brother decided to have a little party on Saturday...

Needless to say, the PS3 I was using to practice up died due to a small drink spilling accident while the PS3 was in use.

But the Xbox 360 I got in New Mexico on Black Friday just arrived this week... So, yeah...

/cries at the fact that he will never have a stable console setup ever again
/curses to Capcom/Marvel/Tom Cruise for not bringing UMVC3 to PC

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOOR

Frantic

In honor of all the Wesker talk going around, I'm going to try to play Wesker on Kadey's stream and use nothing but his shitty counters. If I manage to kill a single character through this method, I will declare myself best Wesker in the world.

In honor of all the Wesker talk going around, I'm going to try to play Wesker on Kadey's stream and use nothing but his shitty counters. If I manage to kill a single character through this method, I will declare myself best Wesker in the world.

Wesker + Strider =D

Hey guys, looks like CrossCounter is letting people download the Season's Beatings EC vs. WC 5v5 for free from here.

http://www.facebook.com/SoundBlasterGaming?sk=app_167310730016267

You need a Facebook account. The download they give you is a torrent. I recommend everyone who did watch this to do so. It's extremely hype, especially since you are able to here Combofiend and Filipino Champ miced up as they are in the crowd.
This is awesome. Already signed on and liked for the torrent.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wesker patch incoming? So soon?

Anyways, indication #588373583 we won't be getting DLC characters. End of the line, folks. Capcom is in your budget, extracting the gems.

But no one asked about H&H? SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom