• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The inputs issues exist in Vanilla too, sometime you'd end up doing a SRK Super with Akuma instead of the Hadoken one and it was a pain in the ass to burn your X Factor just to save Akuma.
Apparently this thread in Shoryuken has the solution(s) for the DHC input problem.
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/gimlet-dhc-input-bug.149514/#post-6148852

The specific post linked there seems to have it right. According to him, if the character starting the DHC does a QCF super with 10 or fewer frames before the super flash, you'll run into this problem. Here's his list of affected characters:

Jill
Phoenix Wright
Strider
Vergil
Wesker
Dante
Tron Bonne
Chun-Li
Felicia
Akuma
Haggar
C.Viper
Hawkeye
Doctor Strange
Iron Fist
Rocket Raccoon
Dormammu
M.O.D.O.K.
Spider-man*
Sentinel (both hypers)
Hulk
Super-Skrull
Phoenix
She-Hulk
Taskmaster

I tested the first 3 on that list (Jill, Wright, Strider), and confirmed that it works just like starting the DHC with Wesker. Delay the PP input on the first character's super and you'll be OK. Don't delay it, and you'll get an accidental DP super for the second character.

I also tested starting the DHC with someone not on that list (Ryu). No accidental dragon punches on the second character.

PSN lobby will be up earlier. Maybe in less than 2 hours. I made someone cry because he waited up all night just to play in it and I left the Live lobby going on all night. No it wasn't Degen, he cries regardless of anything.

Could you please not put me in blast?

ReiGun

7575_getthefuckout.gif

You can hate me now
But I won't stop now
Cause I can't stop now
You can hate me now
But I won't stop now
Cause I can't stop now
You can hate me now
You can hate me now

That thread has a lot of useful info, but the posters in the thread can't agree on all the specifics, and they're too busy calling each other idiots with bad execution to reach any kind of consensus.
sounds like srk
PSN lobby will be up earlier. Maybe in less than 2 hours. I made someone cry because he waited up all night just to play in it and I left the Live lobby going on all night. No it wasn't Degen, he cries regardless of anything.
what the...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I got 5 on it being ultimoomoo.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
No. Don't know if he was a GAFFer. He's probably one of the followers. Named begins with an N and it was like 12 characters long.

Apparently he kept bugging the chat every hour or so if the lobby is PSN yet. At one point I told him it will be up later. But I eventually went to sleep and left the Live lobby going on. Looked at the stream chat in the morning and he was still waiting, crying and stuff. Said he wanted to play in it and he had a bunch of people that wanted to play in it too.

PSN up in less than an hour.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I got 5 on it being ultimoomoo.

sure as fuck wasnt me LOL

No. Don't know if he was a GAFFer. He's probably one of the followers. Named begins with an N and it was like 12 characters long.

Apparently he kept bugging the chat every hour or so if the lobby is PSN yet. At one point I told him it will be up later. But I eventually went to sleep and left the Live lobby going on. Looked at the stream chat in the morning and he was still waiting, crying and stuff. Said he wanted to play in it and he had a bunch of people that wanted to play in it too.

He's probably bad :D

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

Wow. That's crazy.

edit:

Damn. lmfao

Giard

Yeah, he's there a lot. He always whines when the stream is on 360.
I think he isn't a gaffer.

Perfect. I think I'll be home in an hour. Time to test out my new team!

IAmReadyToBeBlownUp

Like always

Guesong

How do you guys keep up with this game speed?

Serious question. It's like, this game has so many teleporting characters or downright speedy ones that can cross up one way, two way, and then there's assists bombarding each other, and then I'm dead.

I'm trying to get used to it, I'm trying so hard. T_T

I used to be good at video games, what happened to me

Bow to your King!

YhMOj.jpg

Who?

Serious question. It's like, this game has so many teleporting characters or downright speedy ones that can cross up one way, two way, and then there's assists bombarding each other, and then I'm dead.

I used to be good at video games, what happened to me

Rule of MvC: Do not block. You attack.

i've never really had a problem with this dhc input "error". so either it really isn't that lenient at all, or my execution is just amazing... and i can assure you that my execution isn't that amazing.

(p.s. i play on pad)

guesong said:
are you new? try playing an easier execution character. the more time you spend worrying about your inputs, the less time you can actually focus on the game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Rule of MvC: Do not block. You attack.
Don't listen to this man.

Your either blocking long ass blockstrings, or participating in relentless offense. There is no middleground. You can't play this like a turtlefest like SF, or you'll get opened up.

The name of the game in MvC is cheap shit. Find/steal cheap shit, exploit it, induce rage in your friends and enemies, and always keep on your toes. And never let up. Cases where you need to be defensive are easily dwarfed by times you need to be aggressive to let the other motherfucker know who's running shit. It's not a game for gentlemen, it's a game for men.

Honestly, it's just familiarity and repetitions. Once you know what to expect, what specifically characters can do in combination with other characters, and what setups put you in hard to block scenarios then it will flow a lot smoother. The game "moves" fast, but the actual decision making process at a competitive level is no faster than say, Street Fighter or Tekken. Once you get used to it, you'll realize the game really isn't that "fast" per say.

mr. puppy

Banned
Don't listen to this man.

Your either blocking long ass blockstrings, or participating in relentless offense. There is no middleground. You can't play this like a turtlefest like SF, or you'll get opened up.

The name of the game in MvC is cheap shit. Find/steal cheap shit, exploit it, induce rage in your friends and enemies, and always keep on your toes. And never let up. Cases where you need to be defensive are easily dwarfed by times you need to be aggressive to let the other motherfucker know who's running shit. It's not a game for gentlemen, it's a game for men.

put this in the OP please

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Looks like fubar.

i've never really had a problem with this dhc input "error". so either it really isn't that lenient at all, or my execution is just amazing... and i can assure you that my execution isn't that amazing.

(p.s. i play on pad)
I honestly think the error is easier to avoid on pad because it just seems like it takes less conscious effort to quickly go back to neutral after any motion.

Wesker patch incoming? So soon?

Anyways, indication #588373583 we won't be getting DLC characters. End of the line, folks. Capcom is in your budget, extracting the gems.

But no one asked about H&H? SMH.
H&H is probably part of the patch. I doubt there will be balance changes. Remember when that one guy (Eidolon or something?) said we'd probably get a release day patch?

I don't think some of you understood what I ment when I said Chris G plays Marvel like Guilty Gear, it's a huge ass complement. He's only going to get better, and yes Ultimate has some fucking messed up input issues on some stuff I notice it from time to time.
Indeed.

Are we complaining about the news of a UMC3 patch ? Because if we arent i want to.
Why?

Grecco

Fubarduck the guy who translated in the Daigo thing at Evo this year, owns an arcade in texas, almost beat Combofiend in SB pools. Plays Wesker.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The man of Kadey's dreams.

H&H is probably part of the patch. I doubt there will be balance changes. Remember when that one guy (Eidolon or something?) said we'd probably get a release day patch?
Hmm, true, but stuff like Shadow Battle wasn't a patch, it was an actual DLC download. Since on XBLA, MS gives each dev one free DLC thing to put on the marketplace, I bet it'll be H&H. It's much better that they make it seperate because then it gets marketed as a FREE DOWNLOAD CAPCOM DOING GOOD IN THE WORLD, and gets in the press rather than be silently updated in where the blogs ignore it.

But I do agree, the releases will probably be in close proximity or simultaneous. All I want for Christmas is H&H.

Grecco

Indeed.

Why?

I dislike the idea of a balancing patch a month into this games life cycle?

Man, now I know why Dahbomb hates derp Vergils. I just played a match where he did nothing but those up and down slashes, then tried to do the bolts Strange assist mixup by teleporting above me. PREDICTABO...because he went for it no less than 4 times. He finally decided to try and grab me, but he made the mistake of bringing in Strange again and I got a happy birthday on him.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man, now I know why Dahbomb hates derp Vergils. I just played a match where he did nothing but those up and down slashes, then tried to do the bolts Strange assist mixup by teleporting above me. PREDICTABO...because he went for it no less than 4 times. He finally decided to try and grab me, but he made the mistake of bringing in Strange again and I got a happy birthday on him.
I pretty much dislike watching Vergil in general on streams or anything. All of them are fraudulent, combos lack swag, lack damage, everything is herp derp rapid slash into DT, or assist + teleport. I enjoy watching Wesker, and pretty much every other member of the cast more than Vergil really.

Then again, I don't really enjoy watching Vergil combos in the first place. They look so freaking awkward.

I dislike the idea of a balancing patch a month into this games life cycle?
Except there's no evidence that balance is involved. It looks like a bug/H&H patch. It's not like this game is so fundamentally different from Vanilla that it needs time to breathe, either. Wesker is still Wesker, but he's more Wesker than Wesker ever was in Vanilla. Therefore, we need to make Wesker less Wesker.

Grecco

Except there's no evidence that balance is involved. It looks like a bug/H&H patch. It's not like this game is so fundamentally different from Vanilla that it needs time to breathe, either. Wesker is still Wesker, but he's more Wesker than Wesker ever was in Vanilla. Therefore, we need to make Wesker less Wesker.

Looking at Niitsumas twitter responses theres balancing involved, and yes i believe we need this game to breathe, hell i kinda think Vanilla probably could have used time to breathe too.

Making Wesker less Wesker will just make people not use Wesker. See Jean.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Looking at Niitsumas twitter responses theres balancing involved, and yes i believe we need this game to breathe, hell i kinda think Vanilla probably could have used time to breathe too.

A-fucking-men.

Sixfortyfive

And nothing of value would be lost.

To be honest, though, sometimes I feel like Wesker is just the #1 scapegoat for problems that are actually caused by X-Factor.

Grecco

And nothing of value would be lost.

To be honest, though, sometimes I feel like Wesker is just the #1 scapegoat for problems that are actually caused by X-Factor.

I dont think X-Factor is an issue but thats another whole argument.

I do think if Wesker gets hit with the nerf stick, complainers will just move on and whine about Dr. Doom, or Spencer o the next over used strong character.

I do think if Wesker gets hit with the nerf stick, complainers will just move on and whine about Dr. Doom, or Spencer o the next over used strong character.

I'm fine with how Doom and Spencer are, even if I've been extremely vocal about getting smacked by Doom's dives. At the very least, Wesker needs to get rid of the glasses mechanic.

Sixfortyfive

I just can't view something that allows for "LMHS MMHS = dead character" to be a net positive for the game anymore. I just can't. I tried. I always liked the concept and the applications but Capcom has demonstrated that they have no intention of ever reigning in the boosts so that it ends up being more of a resource you have to manage intelligently and less of a crutch. I'm just sick of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom