• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Anyways, indication #588373583 we won't be getting DLC characters. End of the line, folks. Capcom is in your budget, extracting the gems.

This is cool. I'll just use Spider-Man's black alt, fill my H&H deck with three Black Panther cards, and pretend.

.....Will it ever stop hurting guys? :'(

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Hey guys, looks like CrossCounter is letting people download the Season's Beatings EC vs. WC 5v5 for free from here.

http://www.facebook.com/SoundBlasterGaming?sk=app_167310730016267

You need a Facebook account. The download they give you is a torrent. I recommend everyone who didn't watch this to do so. It's extremely hype, especially since you are able to here Combofiend and Filipino Champ miced up as they are in the crowd.

Quote for a new page because it's free stuff.

I tested it with Frank's Shopping Cart super and Wolvy's Weapon X. Weapon X only came out when I held forward. Gonna try Wesker and Ryu just to see if it's an isolated case.

Edit: Wow, I think this may be something legitimate. I'm getting Ryu's level 3 consistently.
Cross-posting from the NEC thread, but adding some more notes, too. I've tested this with Wesker, Ryu, and Wolverine on a single team. When I try to DHC out of Maximum Wesker with a QCF super, I consistently get Ryu/Wolverine's level 3 supers. However, if I do the same thing but start with Wolverine or Ryu and DHC into Wolvy/Ryu, I get what I want. I'm not waiting any longer after the flash, I'm not holding directions/buttons. I really have no idea what is going on here.

This is cool. I'll just use Spider-Man's black alt, fill my H&H deck with three Black Panther cards, and pretend.

.....Will it ever stop hurting guys? :'(
Hawkeye is a much better fit. Black Panther would've been too similar to Taskmaster.

sorry bro
Wesker patch incoming? So soon?

Anyways, indication #588373583 we won't be getting DLC characters. End of the line, folks. Capcom is in your budget, extracting the gems.

But no one asked about H&H? SMH.
Saved for Pringles edition.

Ya'll ain't listening!

kirblar

Cross-posting from the NEC thread, but adding some more notes, too. I've tested this with Wesker, Ryu, and Wolverine on a single team. When I try to DHC out of Maximum Wesker with a QCF super, I consistently get Ryu/Wolverine's level 3 supers. However, if I do the same thing but start with Wolverine or Ryu and DHC into Wolvy/Ryu, I get what I want. I'm not waiting any longer after the flash, I'm not holding directions/buttons. I really have no idea what is going on here.
Does a tiger knee motion fix the issue?

Chavelo

Then the clear solution is to take Taskmaster's bitch ass out the game.

Prince_reaction.gif

Does a tiger knee motion fix the issue?

It seems like a TK motion for the first super may fix it, but you need to be careful not to let the stick pass through Forward on its way back to neutral. I need to test it some more to be sure.

Couldn't you do like a HCF motion to mitigate that?
For the second super, nope. You can even do a 360 motion for the second super and you'll still get the dragon punch super.

This is a pretty funky oversight on Capcom's part. It seems that Wesker really does need a patch, but for more than just his sunglasses. It seems that if you try to DHC immediately out of Maximum Wesker, the next character will do their SRK-motion super. I've been testing it now for the past 10+ minutes with various characters. I didn't have trouble DHCing into QCF-motion supers if they didn't involve Wesker, but if he starts the chain, it fucks everything up.

Can anyone else test it? I know Parallax Scroll has been working on it, but I would like to hear from others as well.

Neki

This is a pretty funky oversight on Capcom's part. It seems that Wesker really does need a patch, but for more than just his sunglasses. It seems that if you try to DHC immediately out of Maximum Wesker, the next character will do their SRK-motion super. I've been testing it now for the past 10+ minutes with various characters. I didn't have trouble DHCing into QCF-motion supers if they didn't involve Wesker, but if he starts the chain, it fucks everything up.

Can anyone else test it? I know Parallax Scroll has been working on it, but I would like to hear from others as well.

can you write that apology letter to Chris G for ever doubting him now

Lothars

Hey guys, looks like CrossCounter is letting people download the Season's Beatings EC vs. WC 5v5 for free from here.

You need a Facebook account. The download they give you is a torrent. I recommend everyone who didn't watch this to do so. It's extremely hype, especially since you are able to here Combofiend and Filipino Champ miced up as they are in the crowd.

I bought the Season's Beating and it was incredible, great quality. I wish they would release all the tournaments like that and I would buy it all without a second thought.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Taskmaster is alright once you figure out how predictable he is/his approaches are. Far more "high tier" (inb4everyoneishightier) characters are more annoying.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't think some of you understood what I ment when I said Chris G plays Marvel like Guilty Gear, it's a huge ass complement. He's only going to get better, and yes Ultimate has some fucking messed up input issues on some stuff I notice it from time to time.

Neki

I don't think some of you understood what I ment when I said Chris G plays Marvel like Guilty Gear, it's a huge ass complement. He's only going to get better, and yes Ultimate has some fucking messed up input issues on some stuff I notice it from time to time.

watching you mash and getting two hypers simultaneously never gets old q!

ReiGun

Taskmaster is alright once you figure out how predictable he is/his approaches are. Far more "high tier" (inb4everyoneishightier) characters are more annoying.

Oh no. My problem with Taskmaster is not that I think he's bs to play against. Of the higher tiers, he's my favorite in that regard. My problem is that apparently, his presence is the only thing preventing me from playing as Black Panther. As such, fuck him. :p lol

To be fair, my ASW bias makes me see anything ASW-related as an insult.

OK, here are my own conclusions based on testing Phantom Dance -> Shinkuu Hadoken DHC in training mode with input display on, Xbox version of UMVC3, using a TE stick with stock parts.

- If you're holding a direction when the super flash for Phantom Dance starts, that direction will stay in the input buffer.
- If that direction was Towards, and you input a QCF super during the super flash, you will always get a dragon punch super instead if there's enough meter.
- If you're holding a direction other than Towards when the super flash starts, or the stick is in neutral, you'll be able to do Ryu's QCF super normally.
- I've found 2 ways to consistently get Shinkuu Hadoken:
Option 1: Do Phantom Dance with a tiger knee motion. Watch the input display. As long as the up-forward (or any direction other than forward) is the final direction before the super flash, you can do the Shinkuu Hadoken normally.
Option 2: Instead of doing Phantom Dance as 236+PP, do it as 2365+PP. As in, let the stick return to neutral before you push PP. This way Ryu can come in with no directions already buffered.

The inputs issues exist in Vanilla too, sometime you'd end up doing a SRK Super with Akuma instead of the Hadoken one and it was a pain in the ass to burn your X Factor just to save Akuma.
Apparently this thread in Shoryuken has the solution(s) for the DHC input problem.
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/gimlet-dhc-input-bug.149514/#post-6148852

That thread has a lot of useful info, but the posters in the thread can't agree on all the specifics, and they're too busy calling each other idiots with bad execution to reach any kind of consensus.

Neki

That thread has a lot of useful info, but the posters in the thread can't agree on all the specifics, and they're too busy calling each other idiots with bad execution to reach any kind of consensus.

at least we know on gaf that people don't have bad execution, they're just bad in general, amirite?

OK, here are my own conclusions based on testing Phantom Dance -> Shinkuu Hadoken DHC in training mode with input display on, Xbox version of UMVC3, using a TE stick with stock parts.

- If you're holding a direction when the super flash for Phantom Dance starts, that direction will stay in the input buffer.
- If that direction was Towards, and you input a QCF super during the super flash, you will always get a dragon punch super instead if there's enough meter.
- If you're holding a direction other than Towards when the super flash starts, or the stick is in neutral, you'll be able to do Ryu's QCF super normally.
Option 1: Do Phantom Dance with a tiger knee motion. Watch the input display. As long as the up-forward (or any direction other than forward) is the final direction before the super flash, you can do the Shinkuu Hadoken normally.
Option 2: Instead of doing Phantom Dance as 236+PP, do it as 2365+PP. As in, let the stick return to neutral before you push PP. This way Ryu can come in with no directions already buffered.
Letting go of the direction is the safest thing for me, since I'm awful at TKing. Hawkeye also has the same problem as Wesker.

I'm guessing nobody really noticed this since 1) everyone uses Wesker as an anchor, and 2) nobody has enough meter to botch a level 3.

paul187

Is there an SD link to this? 3.6 Gigs is way too much for me to download.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

That explained a lot about my wesker dhc. I thought it was me making mistakes but it wasn't whole time. Sometime I activated Phantom Dance and I tried go into dhc and it didn't activate because I never had 3 bars for "strange input errors" to activate level 3 so I failed with dhc.

What's important to remember is that you don't need to be holding Forward for a long-ass time for this "glitch" to occur. Just doing qcf+PP and immediately letting go of the stick is usually still "holding" Forward for too long. I had to intentionally delay the PP for Wesker's super in order to prevent the "glitch."

This is particularly hard to test because input display doesn't show when you returned the stick to neutral.

OMG Nova's energy javelin was destroying my Phoenix Wright. Most of the time I can just sit back and carefully block and push to collect my evidence and keep people off of me with Hulk's Gamma Charge Up assist and knock people away with Ryu's hurricane kick. This one move was destroying my team. I like this team and don't wanna change it just yet. Any tips?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
PSN lobby will be up earlier. Maybe in less than 2 hours. I made someone cry because he waited up all night just to play in it and I left the Live lobby going on all night. No it wasn't Degen, he cries regardless of anything.

It applies to other characters/supers as well. Someone claimed that the number of frames on the super before the flash is a factor.
Yeah I read that, I was just joking around.
OMG Nova's energy javelin was destroying my Phoenix Wright. Most of the time I can just sit back and carefully block and push to collect my evidence and keep people off of me with Hulk's Gamma Charge Up assist and knock people away with Ryu's hurricane kick. This one move was destroying my team. I like this team and don't wanna change it just yet. Any tips?

Stand inside Maya's barrier instead of behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom