• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
No arguments on Felicia.

Iron Man was the best Avenger in vanilla. Captain America had a ton of issues in vanilla which include no damage off of air throws, poor combo options in corner, more punishable shield slashes and more reliance on assists. Iron Man was a complete character in vanilla but outclassed by Magneto who was in the same archetype. Iron Man had high damaging combos, great ranged normals, solid zoning game, solid rushdown/mix ups, combos off of air throws and the best beam assist in the game. Just was a lot hard to play.

Also Hawkeye is in Ultimate so Captain might not be the best Avenger. Iron Man.. the jury is still out on him. He's so hot and cold. Thor is really good.

Spencer is stupid good in Ultimate, you will not get any argument from me there. He's top 10 minimum potential top 5, I can say that with confidence. One of the premier TOD characters in this game right now. As far as grown ass men go, Spencer is the alpha male. Just like with Zero, not a lot of people play Spencer so people aren't complaining about him yet.
Iron Man was definitely the best Avenger and Spencer is retarded. Hawkye is the best avenger in this game too. No doubt about it.

This is my own list of surefire S tiers by the end of the game's life.

Spencer
Zero
Dr. Doom
Crimson Viper
Wesker
Magneto
Amateratsu

zlatko

Banned
Ooooh! I feel trolled ;_;

If you are playing online or locally with a buddy, just designate one extra button you don't use on the stick for like L and M input, turn that shit on turbo, and never look back.

I'm not gonna exhaust my fingers because of a poor design choice. I hope that shit gets taken out honestly, and they just give each hyper it's max potential as if it had been mashed to death.

----------

I got an hour in of play in training mode. Still not sure of a third honestly. I flop around with different characters, but Nova and Hawkeye are on the team always.

The characters I slip into that slot usually are Vergil, Zero, Wesker, and Deadpool. I might try Wolverine whenever I get a chance to play next.

Grecco

None of the Avengers were great in Vanilla imo. TBH Hulk was the best just my opinion though.

Also agree with the Spencer talk. Right now Dr Doom/Spencer/Wesker are the 3 best characters in the game . Spencer has 1million plus damage combos with one bar and no assists.

Dahbomb

Iron Man was definitely the best Avenger and Spencer is retarded.

This is my own list of surefire S tiers by the end of the game's life.

Spencer
Zero
Dr. Doom
Crimson Viper
Wesker
Magneto
Amateratsu
Not bad but Ammy probably doesn't belong there in S unless you know something I don't. Also Dante should be in there.

I don't have a solid S or A tier yet.. still playing around with characters and stuff. I do have some "ranges" for a few characters. I think these characters are within the range of S to A aka "highly competitive" characters. No order as always.

These are my picks for top 25. The 10-15 characters below these characters are also extremely strong/dangerous.

Zero
Viper
Spencer
Wesker
Doom
Magneto
Dormammu
Dante
Nova
Vergil
Hawkeye
Amaterasu
Strider
Firebrand
Wolverine
Felicia
X-23
Storm
Trish
Taskmaster
Akuma
Ryu
Deadpool
Super Skrull
Phoenix

These characters are just obnoxious to deal with.

So I was messing around in practice mode with blocking Vergil's and Wesker's maximum hypers.

They all are random of course, but with Vergil, it seems if you are at the edge of the normal screen (right before if you go any farther, the camera pans out), the hyper seems to hit randomly more than other times.

Maybe I am going crazy or it's just a practice mode thing, or my 360 controller.

I made a shitty ipod video
http://www.youtube.com/user/qwark20?feature=guide#p/a/u/0/Bbd2S1nm9sQ

You other guys ever noticed this with Vergil?

Also, with Maximum Wesker, it feels like if I am ascending into the air, or reach the peak of a normal jump, the hyper is more likely to cross up than it normally would.

All I was doing was having the CPU do the Vergil/Wesker hypers and was standing and jumping at different heights to see what happens.

Man, those hypers are BS, lol.

Neki

Why do you guys keep saying I said people want to nerf Wesker to oblivion? I never said that, never insinuated and even explicitly said no one wanted that. That has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm saying. I said Viscant is afraid of that. Don't call me out for not reading posts if you choose not to read mine.

The potential overreaction IS what I'm afraid of. Like hey, lets chop 400K off of his health and make him Strider (Id still think he'd be a better character than Strider at that, but that's a diff discussion). I've been an advocate of "make every character A-tier level of potency" forever. Yes that involves notching down some cats and pumping up others. But there will always be discrepancy. Everyone here agrees Wesker is all kinds of trouble right now, at all skill levels, but I flat out don't agree with the sentiment of nerf now and keep nerfing as soon as you see a problem arise to deal with it.

Let the game breathe. "It's had 9 months to breathe" is some grade A bullshit in any new environment, unless your functionally willing to argue MvC3 is exactly the same as UMvC3. TAC changes, Air X-Factor, cast-wide tweaks, were three weeks in and people feel comfortable making changes that can have even greater consequences, yknow, when the game actually develops, under the presumption that we're in the metagame already (or even more daftly and arbitrarily, Wesker is in the metagame in isolation from the rest of the game and cast and should be dealt as such). In which case, you don't really understand the meaning of metagame. This is a new game. Yes, Wesker is currently bullshit. But assuming we have hit complete tier saturation, tiers have become static, and not expecting any development from here forward with the game as a whole is equally as bullshit. This is Sentinel 2.0 in every way, shape and form from the reactions, and I elaborated on that in the NEC thread. Had people been shouting NERF PHOENIX one month in, maybe it would've been more intelligible if substantiated, but no, people thought they had grand foresight on whatever principles to justify Sent nerfs for the salvation of the metagame. And look how that turned out. People adapted. Sentinel wasn't unbeatable and neither is Wesker.

There are legitimate issues with Wesker. I'm just saying a priori, it would be wise to let this resonate a bit further now that everyone is aware of said threat and issues. If people could make highly effective counterstrats to the randomest of random characters, Phoenix, who was 80x the problem, you should consider that possibility of coevolution in this new game environment. Which is very new. Stress new.

I would have multiquoted but I'm on my phone.

difference is Sentinel wasn't top tier before the health change, and he isn't top tier now.

ZeroCDR

I still love Iron Man, but he's probably the worst Avenger in the game. His Unibeam buffs were either removed from the beta builds or they're just negligible. Still does pretty good damage if you can get him in. If.

Bizazedo

It's like you and I are the only two Marvel players who seem to realize this. Beyond the stupid amounts of damage he can get, he has a faster roll, a faster command throw(it has to be. It feels waaay different than before), can cancel out of his wire grapples with a super(a HUGE change), and most of all - a better zipline. Considering how fast it is, it might as well be a teleport since it crosses people up just as well as one. The fact he can tech out of it now, which was the main method of beating it out in Vanilla... he's good. Stupid good. Only characters who can sit at super jump height are a problem... but it's not as bad as you'd think.

Naw, I've been right there with you, we just never knew each other existed til recently.

Honestly, though, the one thing that has always pissed me off and, if changed, would make me not mind Spencer? If I could jump through his grapple.

I.e., he basically makes a "ceiling" I can't go through when he grapples over me and it makes me feel so pinned in. Especially as this is usually paired with an assist that's a beam / arrows horizontally, so you just have to sit there and watch him come in on you.

Had a Spencer player loudly bitching about how his normals sucked and Wesker was so much better at my house last week, almost threw him out on principle.

(I didn't, but :( ).

Grecco

In terms of Batteries who would you guys rank ?

Wesker/DrDoom/Zero/Dante/Magneto as maybe the best at dealing meterless damage ?

Iron Man was the best Avenger in vanilla. Captain America had a ton of issues in vanilla which include no damage off of air throws, poor combo options in corner, more punishable shield slashes and more reliance on assists. Iron Man was a complete character in vanilla but outclassed by Magneto who was in the same archetype. Iron Man had high damaging combos, great ranged normals, solid zoning game, solid rushdown/mix ups, combos off of air throws and the best beam assist in the game. Just was a lot hard to play.
cap had better damage, better normals, and his shield slash assist was also gdlk. yes, he had poor corner combos (by poor i mean ~500k, which is still bout as good as a simple vjoe or morrigan bnb) and a weak throw game (like near half the cast), but these things could be remedied with an assist. iron man had a little bit of everything, but they were all pretty meh.

thatcrazyguy said:
I think Hawkeye is the best avenger in the game over Cap, but cap is pretty good. Hits hard man.
i meant specifically the avenger trio of cap/thor/ironman, so not including hawkeye. but if we include him, then i'd say yes he takes the #1 spot.

grecco said:
None of the Avengers were great in Vanilla imo. TBH Hulk was the best just my opinion though.
i wasn't really including him either, but he'd take #2 spot, next to hawkeye. and yes, #1 spot in vanilla.

Neki

doesn't Spencer do good meterless damage?

chris g had a hawkeye combo that did amazing meterless damage, dat poison arrow.

probably the highest with hawkeye.

Ammy is the only hard counter to Wesker left from Vanilla BESIDES ZERO, she has slow hyper which is the most unique hyper in the game, cold star pairs well with teleporters, OS makes her DHC friendly, she got a slight damage buff in XF3, a 40% speed boost in XF3 and her bead stance is buffed greatly by air stance change/better recovery on bead shots.

She has still got it and she'll be a lot like Spencer in that regard. She'll be borderline for a while.

Edit: Holy shit wtf is wrong with me. Dante will almost surely stay an S tier despite the small nerfs. WTF was I smoking when I forgot him? LOL!
These are my picks for top 25. The 10-15 characters below these characters are also extremely strong/dangerous.

Zero
Viper
Spencer
Wesker
Doom
Magneto
Dormammu
Dante
Nova
Vergil
Hawkeye
Amaterasu
Strider
Firebrand
Wolverine
Felicia
X-23
Storm
Trish
Taskmaster
Akuma
Ryu
Deadpool
Super Skrull
Phoenix

These characters are just obnoxious to deal with.
Not a single character out of place in the bunch.

In terms of Batteries who would you guys rank ?

Wesker/DrDoom/Zero/Dante/Magneto as maybe the best at dealing meterless damage ?
zero's meterless damage is even better now i think with his ability to self-otg into buster. but i'm more inclined to say wesker (because resets) for more damage but less meter.

Neki

Ammy is the only hard counter to Wesker left from Vanilla, she has slow hyper which is the most unique hyper in the game, cold star pairs well with teleporters, OS makes her DHC friendly, she got a slight damage buff in XF3, a 40% speed boost in XF3 and her bead stance is buffed greatly by air stance change/better recovery on bead shots.

She has still got it and she'll be a lot like Spencer in that regard. She'll be borderline for a while.

Edit: Holy shit wtf is wrong with me. Dante will almost surely stay an S tier despite the small nerfs. WTF was I smoking when I forgot him? LOL!

are you the real solarpowered?

zero is still in ultimate you know.

Dahbomb

A ton of characters do a lot of meterless damage in combos. Iron Man, Iron Fist, Ghost Rider, Hulk, Captain America, Nova, Thor, Nemesis etc. It's not enough anymore for a point/battery to just be able to dish out damage but be able to perform mix ups/resets consistently and get in or pressurize the opponent into meter gain (sort of like Ghost Rider does).

Ammy is the only hard counter to Wesker left from Vanilla, she has slow hyper which is the most unique hyper in the game, cold star pairs well with teleporters, OS makes her DHC friendly, she got a slight damage buff in XF3, a 40% speed boost in XF3 and her bead stance is buffed greatly by air stance change/better recovery on bead shots.
That's still not S tier because she doesn't have the mix ups and damage of those characters. Still a damn good character though, her tools are still very good.

There is no such thing as a "hard" counter to Wesker but there are characters who give him a tough time. And most of those characters are still in tact in UMVC3 like Wolverine, X-23, Zero, Felicia, MODOK etc. The newer cast also has a few characters that give Wesker trouble.

Edit: Just checked the edited response. At least Zero was recognized.

sleepykyo

Did I miss when Nerdjosh was a dominating force?

Not trying to be a dick, serious question, he always seems to end up on these types of things and just curious if I missed him whipping some ass in the past.

He seemed to be top3 in locals material in Vanilla for a while. His overall game (especially Taskmaster) never seem to improve as quickly as the others did. Combofiend switched his Spencer assist to the zipline, other players redesigned their teams to capitalize on the dlc glitch, he just chugged along with the same She-Hulk, basic Taskmaster, Tron team.

Neki

yeah, ammy is not s tier. her damage output is poor, and her resets are one dimensional. her health is also bad, and her only good assist makes her very easy to kill and punish.
He seemed to be top3 in locals material in Vanilla for a while. His overall game (especially Taskmaster) never seem to improve as quickly as the others did. Combofiend switched his Spencer assist to the zipline, other players redesigned their teams to capitalize on the dlc glitch, he just chugged along with the same She-Hulk, basic Taskmaster, Tron team.

love the 9 hit nerdjosh task combos.

JeTmAn81

Dante deals ass damage without meter.

Zero doesn't do much damage during his combos, but he builds a ton of bar while doing it. Granted, it seems like he is better able to extend his combos in Ultimate than Dante is, but I guess there's a tradeoff between damage done and meter built to be considered when judging battery characters. Obviously building meter is the point, but how low does the accompanying damage have to be before it's not really worth it?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Zero doesn't do much damage during his combos, but he builds a ton of bar while doing it. Granted, it seems like he is better able to extend his combos in Ultimate than Dante is, but I guess there's a tradeoff between damage done and meter built to be considered when judging battery characters. Obviously building meter is the point, but how low does the accompanying damage have to be before it's not really worth it?

Dante's bnb deals a little over 500,000 without meter. The bnb itself gains one meter. To do significant damage, he needs to use the meter he built. That's not an effective battery. I don't think Dante's has ever really been considered a battery character just because the meter he builds is so valuable for himself. I suppose you could use him that way, but I don't see why.

If Dante begins his combo off of a Hammer or j.S, the damage of his bnb is around 350,000. It's absolutely atrocious. Yipes commented on it during NEC.

Grecco

Dante's bnb deals a little over 500,000 without meter. The bnb itself gains one meter. To do significant damage, he needs to use the meter he built. That's not an effective battery. I don't think Dante's has ever really been considered a battery character just because the meter he builds is so valuable for himself. I suppose you could use him that way, but I don't see why.

If Dante begins his combo off of a Hammer or j.S, the damage of his bnb is around 350,000. It's absolutely atrocious. Yipes commented on it during NEC.

Richard Nguyen used him as a batter when he was using Pheonix.

Bizazedo

Any character that can fly can outlast Wesker's X-factor as well. I'd imagine that'd help immensely in the match up given how he's being used nowadays.

I know I watched a buddy just troll around the ceiling with MODOK and Wesker could do nothing.

Beats

i'd add morigan to that list, even though she has to work way too hard to kill him vs weskers touch her once and shes dead.

Yeah Morrigan definitely feels like a good counter against Wesker at least from my experience online. It feels like a struggle to break 500k with one meter with her though without Astral Vision. :|

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I'm not saying it can't be done. I'm just saying that meter is vitally important to Dante, especially in Ultimate, where he builds significantly less. But when you had a character like Vanilla Phoenix, of course you'll save all meter for her.

In Ultimate, the same combo that built almost 2 meters in Vanilla barely builds 1.

Dahbomb

That's vanilla Dante. Ultimate Dante is nerfed in damage and meter gain so he no longer qualifies as a high damage/high meter gain character. His strength is in his space control game and general versatility in tools to zone and rushdown/mix up. That's why Dante is never going to go out of fashion. Also Dante is BFF with every single new character.

Dante in vanilla could potentially build 4 meters in one combo with 2 assists. I don't think I have seen a combo with Dante yet that builds 2 bars. His BnBs now build a bit over 1 bar which I would say is average.

Morrigan vs Wesker is also technically in Morrigan's favor if the game is "neutral". There is VERY little Wesker can do about Astral Vision fireball spam. If Morrigan has to rushdown Wesker then it's a bit more in Wesker's favor because he edges her out in health, damage output, air throw game and ease of use.

Grecco

That's vanilla Dante. Ultimate Dante is nerfed in damage and meter gain so he no longer qualifies as a high damage/high meter gain character. His strength is in his space control game and general versatility in tools to zone and rushdown/mix up. That's why Dante is never going to go out of fashion. Also Dante is BFF with every single new character.

Dante in vanilla could potentially build 4 meters in one combo with 2 assists.

Morrigan vs Wesker is also technically in Morrigan's favor if the game is "neutral". There is VERY little Wesker can do about Astral Vision fireball spam. If Morrigan has to rushdown Wesker then it's a bit more in Wesker's favor because he edges her out in health, damage output, air throw game and ease of use.

While this is true, its a system wide nerf no? ?Everybody does less damage/build meter.

I'm not gonna fight you guys on this. We'll see who is right in another seven months or so I guess.

teehee
are you the real solarpowered?

zero is still in ultimate you know.
I'm the SolarPowered from the year 2013(notice the different avatar). Things change in the future and I'm here to tell you that you shouldn't take what you have for granted.

-Zero becomes top of the top in UMvC3 and it gets so bad that Capcom replaces him for
Megaman Starforce
. Zero fans are salty and Megaman fans are meh towards this version.
-Wesker's health is dropped to 700k and his glasses slightly nerf him if he does a phantom dance
-Capcom sells the entire Darkstalkers franchise to Marvel in exchange for Shuma Gorath. Shuma's game begins production, but it ends abruptly after focus groups decry odd tentacle related sexual situations(Capcom are depressed).
-RE6 comes out and it is a true spiritual successor to RE4 garnering over seven million sales and a 99 metacritic score
-A 2.5D Capcom vs ASW crossover is announced with Ono's team leading the charge and it reuses SFIV art assets for all characters including GG ones. Game sells a little over two million copies, but the art is the worst yet from Capcom and the game is based on the Street Fighter IV engine. May is undisputed top tier.
-SNK studios produces KOF XIV and sees increased sales due to good netcode and spectator mode
-Hsien-Ko is buffed to her Darkstalkers self in a Mahvel 2012 patch and nerfed to UMvC3 levels in the subsequent 2013 DLC update(eight new characters) due to complaints of being OP.
-Dahbomb LOVES DmC when it finally drops surprisngly
-Professor Beef tries Skullgirls and actually likes it(amazing)

As for me... Smash Bros has released on the Wii U and it is based on Melee's perfection with BlazBlue lite netcode and Halo 2 custom lobby options. Not playing much else.

Anyone got any other questions?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
While this is true, its a system wide nerf no? ?Everybody does less damage/build meter.

The meter's a system wide nerf, but there were specific nerfs to Dante.

His minimum damage scaling on special moves is significantly lower, and his Volcano+Beehive damage was nerfed.

Dahbomb

Dante got SPECIFIC nerfs to damage scaling on specials (this basically means that all of Dante's specials do less damage when the hit counter is high) as well as damage/meter nerfs on certain moves like Beehive. Basically Dante's meter gain/damage got TRIPLE nerfed in UMVC3 due to universal nerfs and actual nerfs to Dante's meter gain/damage.

There is a reason why PRBalrog dropped Dante at NEC. PRBalrog loves easy high damage characters and Dante simply does not qualify for that. You have to grind that execution for decent damage now. And to be honest, that's one of those things that Capcom did right in the game... nerf Dante's combos (also his hit stun/pushback has been altered on all his moves as well which is like a quadruple nerf to his combo game).

Still has like 750K BnBs plus more with assists but you have to actually finish combos with hypers.
Dahbomb actually LOVED DmC when it drops surprisingly

th_theofficeno.gif

th_theofficeno.gif

th_theofficeno.gif

Frantic

Honestly, though, the one thing that has always pissed me off and, if changed, would make me not mind Spencer? If I could jump through his grapple.

I.e., he basically makes a "ceiling" I can't go through when he grapples over me and it makes me feel so pinned in. Especially as this is usually paired with an assist that's a beam / arrows horizontally, so you just have to sit there and watch him come in on you.
Super Jump whenever Spencer jumps in the air. That's my main recommendation. Second would be to dash forward and then jump to avoid the grapple. Fighting against Spencer's is a lot about matchup knowledge and knowing when he wants to move forward. If they're fullscreen or midscreen, they definitely want to get back in, and that's when you jump.

Had a Spencer player loudly bitching about how his normals sucked and Wesker was so much better at my house last week, almost threw him out on principle.

(I didn't, but :( ).
lol, I know Spencer's normals aren't considered that great... but they actually are pretty good compared to some characters. They also have some pretty stupid hitboxes(s.M hits beyond his character model, s.L hits above, behind and beyond him, c.M is a pretty good anti-air that hits beyond his model, and his j.H is like Wesker's j.S with the added bonus of being an OS air throw). It helps that he can cancel them with zipline to make them safe on block/whiff.

Dahbomb said:
Dante in vanilla could potentially build 4 meters in one combo with 2 assists. I don't think I have seen a combo with Dante yet that builds 2 bars. His BnBs now build a bit over 1 bar which I would say is average.
Only one I've seen, tbh.

I'm the SolarPowered from the year 2013(notice the different avatar). Things change in the future and I'm here to tell you that you shouldn't take what you have for granted.
The world ends in 2012, your 'future' is invalid.

Grecco

I'm not gonna fight you guys on this. We'll see who is right in another seven months or so I guess.

teehee

-Zero becomes top of the top in UMvC3 and it gets so bad that Capcom replaces him for
Megaman Starforce
. Zero fans are salty and Megaman fans are meh towards this version.
-Wesker's health is dropped to 700k and his glasses slightly nerf him if he does a phantom dance
-Capcom sells the entire Darkstalkers franchise to Marvel in exchange for Shuma Gorath. Shuma's game begins production, but it ends abruptly after focus groups decry odd tentacle related sexual situations(Capcom are depressed).
-RE6 comes out and it is a true spiritual successor to RE4 garnering over seven million sales and a 99 metacritic score
-A 2.5D Capcom vs ASW crossover is announced with Ono's team leading the charge and it reuses SFIV art assets for all characters including GG ones. Game sells a little over two million copies, but the art is the worst yet from Capcom and the game is based on the Street Fighter IV engine. May is undisputed top tier.
-SNK studios produces KOF XIV and sees increased sales due to good netcode and spectator mode
-Hsien-Ko is buffed to her Darkstalkers self in a Mahvel 2012 patch and nerfed to UMvC3 levels in the subsequent 2013 DLC update(eight new characters) due to complaints of being OP.
-Dahbomb LOVES DmC when it finally drops surprisngly
-Professor Beef tries Skullgirls and actually likes it(amazing)

As for me... Smash Bros has released on the Wii U and it is based on Melee's perfection with BlazBlue lite netcode and Halo 2 custom lobby options. Not playing much else.

Anyone got any other questions?

Sounds like a fair trade to me. Do we get Gambit in UMVC3 AE edition?

Dahbomb

Stand corrected on Ultimate Dante but those 2 are Drones and Hidden missiles assists that build a ton of bar when used in combos. Dante can't get anywhere that close solo.

It just makes the nerfs on him that much more sensible.

Solune

That's not B tier list changes though that change list makes him useless as fuck haha. Which is what I was saying. People are way way overreacting to current wesker, and I don't even main or play the guy. He needs very very minor changes. Are we going to nerf Wolverine some more too while we are at it? He did more damage at NEC than Wesker. Oh but wolverine wasnt on every teaaaaaam. Hell spencer is almost twice as stupid as current wesker right now.
Yup everyone's too busy saying "Fuck Wesker, Fuck Wesker". It's actually pretty annoying. Also Spencer is fucking awesomeeeeeeee. Increased my corner damage combo. Still thinking if I should stick Doom with Plasma or switch over to Missiles.
doesn't Spencer do good meterless damage?

chris g had a hawkeye combo that did amazing meterless damage, dat poison arrow.

probably the highest with hawkeye.
With good assists you can get 3-4 Wiregrapples, gets you 240-320k damage. My current meterless combo in the corner is about 840k for 3 wiregrapples.

Dahbomb

He does two ground bounces actually. The 2nd one was possible because if you whiff the last hit of Sky Dance it resets your ground bounce.

My current meterless combo in the corner is about 840k for 3 wiregrapples.
That is some BS.

I have an 800K+ meterless combo with Iron Man, it requires 2 assists. Not that hard to do. They increased the scaling limit on Iron Man's specials so that if you manage to do two Repulsor Blast + Smart Bombs in one combo it basically boosts your meterless damage to unfathomable levels. The combo with Proton Cannon is over a million.

Frantic

Stand corrected on Ultimate Dante but those 2 are Drones and Hidden missiles assists that build a ton of bar when used in combos. Dante can't get anywhere that close solo.

It just makes the nerfs on him that much more sensible.
Definitely. Can you imagine if they slapped all the Ultimate buffs on Vanilla Dante?

Also, if you want to say 'WTF SPENCER', check out this video.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Oh geez. I haven't played in a week. My execution, or what little I had is out the window. Can't do Ryu bnbs, mashing cr. L with Thor WITH THOR.

Also general thinking has gone out the window. I played 9 matchs with some awful Vergil EVERY SINGLE GAME would start with him backing up and doing stinger. It took me til game 6 to ya know....... jump.

On the bright side I got to do some things I've been wanting to try out. DHCing out of Mighty Punish in Gamma Crush is awesome and does bueno damage.

Dahbomb

LOL I am now ASHAMED of my Iron Man combo. That's off of a clean hit... Spencer does TOD combos off of a throw/command throw.

TODs OFF OF THROWS AND COMMAND THROWS! That is unheard of in this game and I am confident in saying that Spencer has the highest "practical" damage in that game as of now. SMH why the hell didn't Capcom nerf the Wires when they did to Spider Man?

If Spider Man still had his imbalanced Web Throw he would have meterless TOD combos and would definitely be in S tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom