• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'll pop back in just to help my boy Karst out with his soul searching.

Play Felicia/Dormammu/Morrigan. You're welcome.

Felicia has all the properties of a strong anchor, morrigan assist keeps her in constant buddy mode, and you and I both know that you won't be happy unless you're playing some weird occult character.

Everybody else, stay free.

---
PEACE.
If your still lurking, your still one of us.

ONE OF US.
ONE OF US.
ONE OF US.

zlatko

Banned
Different question then oh wise Mahvel GAF:

I've been trying to do Nova's fly combos.

I'll do a jump H, stand M, stand H, launch, M M H in the air, then fly, hit H, but everytime I try to unfly right there I will fuck it up.

I'll either get a tag in assist, or I'll do it way too slow. Anyone else run into this problem and find a solution?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

I'll do a jump H, stand M, stand H, launch, M M H in the air, then fly, hit H, but everytime I try to unfly right there I will fuck it up.

I'll either get a tag in assist, or I'll do it way too slow. Anyone else run into this problem and find a solution?
Wait, why are you unflying in the first place after an H (and only an H?)?

I thought basic Nova flight combos ended in you going into flight, doing whatever the series is (pretty sure it's more than just H; kinda curious myself since I don't know) and ending in j.S to bring them back down for OTG>Super.

Hey guys, I know WNF is running but if you guys are interested, Me, Xsk Samurai, Quicksilver and a bunch of others are running our stream......today isa us practicing for SCR so we're currently running UMVC3 and will be switching to AE later. Along with practice we will be answering questions later on about either game. So if anyone needs help, has a question etc... feel free to hop in the chat and ask questions and we'll do our best to answer.

Hope you guys can tune in,

Twitch.tv/xsk_samurai

Thanks guys! See you at SCR!

-EC

Bizazedo

That's because you're pushing them too far away with stand M, stand H.

He's doing j.H, cr.H, st.S, sj.H, fly, H, unfly, H, cr.H, st.S, sj.H, fly, H, unfly, H, st.S, sj.M-M-H xx air fireball xx Super.

The Cr. H and immediately into st. S is so he doesn't push them too far away.

In a "real" fight, if you hit them with cr. M, it's easier to go directly to launcher as well if you're going for an H loop.

Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider alternate is so tough. Gotta love most of the picks for the costumes. Made me go back and read his fight against Venom.

iOS0uggcICQyw.jpg

I can see this getting much use in the future.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Alright, I've been struggling to learn Wesker since Vanilla. Does anyone have a couple of decent, easy to do combos with him? He was the first character I decided I wanted to learn when Vanilla was announced, and it sucks that I still haven't been able to. =/

Alright, I've been struggling to learn Wesker since Vanilla. Does anyone have a couple of decent, easy to do combos with him? He was the first character I decided I wanted to learn when Vanilla was announced, and it sucks that I still haven't been able to. =/

BCS, air BBCS, gunshot > THC
---------------------------- > X-Factor, S, BCS, gunshot > THC
---------------------------- > X-Factor, Level 3

Bizazedo

GAF lobby was once again lots of fun. I feel like I'm improving a little.

I really think you are, given my times playing against you / watching you versus others.

You still get happy birthday'd a bit too much, but if you didn't, you'd have even more wins. That's a positive.

one_kill

The Galactus fight seems to be harder. I can't believe I just lost to him on very easy. It's partly my fault for going in with only one character I'm familiar with (I'm aiming to get the gold trophies), but I never really had a problem with him in vanilla.

For some reason, it makes me feel ashamed that I had to use a continue in arcade on very easy.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
BCS, air BBCS, gunshot > THC
---------------------------- > X-Factor, S, BCS, gunshot > THC
---------------------------- > X-Factor, Level 3

Thanks. That helps a bit, but how about meterless/non XF stuff? Or if not meterless, at least something that doesn't require three bars. I need to have one combo I can rely on and do multiple times per match. From there I can branch out, but I need a good combo that isn't terribly meter-intensive as a foundation to start on.

Frantic

GAF lobby was once again lots of fun. I feel like I'm improving a little.
Yeah, you definitely are improving. I think switching from Cap to Nova was definitely a good decision, you seem to be having more success with him.

Between the lagger comboing two Maximum Weskers in a single combo, and the many Wright mirror matches... lots of funny moments this last lobby.

Thanks. That helps a bit, but how about meterless/non XF stuff? Or if not meterless, at least something that doesn't require three bars. I need to have one combo I can rely on and do multiple times per match. From there I can branch out, but I need a good combo that isn't terribly meter-intensive as a foundation to start on.

Well the THC is there because it's the only way to do Maximum Wesker after a gunshot. Obviously it'll cost more bars if you've got Wesker on point, but if you're like most people and you've got Wesker as anchor, you've only got him left so THCs won't bother you as much. If you still want to save on meter though, you could call an assist as you do the gunshot so you have time to do a "regular" Maximum Wesker.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I lost all my online data tonight. Got corrupted when my Xbox froze as I was disconnected from a party. I imagine it was something wonky with the new XBL. I was fuming. 7th Lord, all my online data, fighting style... all gone. :(

I sat down and just plowed through Ranked to get back up to 8th Lord from Amateur in one sitting. I was angry and determined.

I lost all my online data tonight. Got corrupted when my Xbox froze as I was disconnected from a party. I was fuming. 7th Lord, all my online data, fighting style... all gone. :(

I sat down and just plowed through Ranked to get back up to 8th Lord from Amateur in one sitting. I was angry and determined.

Ouch. I hope it was just your Marvel stuff and not everything.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I lost all my online data tonight. Got corrupted when my Xbox froze as I was disconnected from a party. I imagine it was something wonky with the new XBL. I was fuming. 7th Lord, all my online data, fighting style... all gone. :(

Capcom doesn't store that data on their servers? What the hell?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

My local data was fine. It's weird. My Offline hours are almost 40. My Online hours are only 1:47. It's silly. Character usage, and anything else that would be stored locally remained as it was.

The game froze when it was "Updating..." Then, whenever I tried to access Xbox LIVE in the UMvC3 menu, it told me that I couldn't access online because my stuff was corrupt, and I wouldn't be able to play online until I reset all my data in the Options.

It was so painful to hit "reset".

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I dunno how that works. As far as I can tell, you can't access your online stats at all if you're not signed in, so I figured it was all server side. This is different from how it worked in vanilla on Xbox.

Oh, also, is there ever any situation where Magnetic Tempest is, I don't know, USEFUL?

Because I haven't been able to find one.
Nice to DHC into, or right after you catch someone in Hyper Grav. It actually had invincibility in Vanilla, but since people were so preoccupied with the DHC Glitch, nobody ever took advantage of it.

kirblar

Nice to DHC into, or right after you catch someone in Hyper Grav. It actually had invincibility in Vanilla, but since people were so preoccupied with the DHC Glitch, nobody ever took advantage of it.
People actually started to use it at the end of Vanilla because of the UMvC changelog exposing it....and then in the first week of UMvC3 I saw at least 2 people get hosed because they had gotten used to it.

Sixfortyfive

It had 27 frames of startup. Only the first 4 were invincible. Not a lot of use except for safe DHCs to get Magneto out.

USD

According to Niitsuma (JP), the ability to tech throws while in recovery is a bug and, if things go as planned, will be patched in the upcoming update before the end of the year. Apparently the bug appeared while trying to fix another, separate bug.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Alright, got some nice beginner combos down for Cap and Iron Fist. At least enough to start using them together. Just need to find a good third to help Iron Fist get in and I think I'll have my alt team. :D

Azure J

I'm really late to the post on this one, but damn if that Dante/Vergil combo video wasn't great. That duo was designed with good synergy in mind.

I'm currently theorycrafting one more team and wondering what Marvel GAF thinks of it. It's Dante/Ammy (or Tron, yes Tron)/Strider.

Neki

anyone but Tron.

that sounds like you want Doom/Wesker/Felicia/Nova

they'd all love that hard knockdown from Strider.

Dahbomb

According to Niitsuma (JP), the ability to tech throws while in recovery is a bug and, if things go as planned, will be patched in the upcoming update before the end of the year. Apparently the bug appeared while trying to fix another, separate bug.
I actually got used to that change and thought it was actually an intended change.

Well at least Spencer is going to be way more manageable now.

I actually am surprised more Sparda fans aren't running Hawkeye with Dante/Vergil since his triple arrows sets up there teleports and mix up games.
Hawkeye is excellent with Vergil and check the front page of SRK... a combo video featuring Dante/Vergil/Hawkeye. So yeah nothing new.

Good to hear PRBalrog reconsidering Dante. OTG Crystal should work on his team since he uses the Wesker low gun shot just for combo extensions anyway.

Sixfortyfive

I had a feeling it was a glitch the whole time. Never mentioned in the changelongs or the strategy guide, and not even Capcom would intentionally do something that silly.

Dahbomb

I chalked it off to one of those stealth changes that Capcom doesn't like to talk about. Which there are a ton in the game as far as character changes go.

But yeah definitely felt like a glitch especially when both players are matching H and you keep getting techs. That shit is hilarious.

Also Albert... the clock is ticking.

Bizazedo

The one I always do is..

Either starts from a j.s or a cr.B, depending on situation, but..

j.s, cr.b, st. C, QCF A, dash forward, interrupt with 3C (downward gunshot otg), cr. B, st. C, QCF B, dash forward, st. C, S, sj.B, j.B, j.S, land, 3C otg, THC or reset attempt.

Obviously, can phantom dance before the last j.S if you want instead. Can also cancel the last st.C into his level 3 if you need to.

You can make it fancier with teleports after the QCF as well, but glasses off it'll get you like 480/490k before the THC or 534k without glasses AND it's fairly easy to still do in a lag environment.

There's better, but, eh.

Bizazedo

LMAO @ "dash forward" after QCF+L. This is Ultimate brah... we mash L for the teleport.

Yeah, I know. It's a holdover from vanilla and I still do it.

Interestingly enough, you'd need to wave dash to do the above combo to Ironman and Sentinel. Haven't tried it on Ironman, but you don't need to anymore on Sentinel. I guess cr.B has a better hitbox or something.

Dahbomb

Just saw Marn's Vergil at WNF...

Tied with Andre for worst "successful" Vergil yet. He basically plays Vergil on anchor although uses his assist well to pin down opponents and take them to corners for mix ups. Doesn't make any of his strings safe and just throws out normals like he wishes too... doesn't complete combos either and has no footsies with him. There was a point where he could've easily OCV'd ShadyK's team by just turning on Devil Trigger and played like he normally does. I don't think Marn even knows that you can whiff cancel in DT mode. He was sitting on 4-5 bars with anchor Vergil... it was his game.

Couldn't even complete his DHC after Rekkoha into Vergil. SMH.

Mike Ross: "YO JAGO YOU CAN HOLD DAT SHIT IN YOUR CHEST"

Edit: NVM just learned that the sets they play at Bar Fights are FT5.

Predictions for Bar Fights (so I can get blown up for it later)

Jago vs Mike Ross : FFFFFFRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Jago simply on the fact that Trish has superior match ups against 2 of his characters
DiosX vs Noel Brown : DiosX but he has to be careful about protecting his assists against the rapid Wolverine
FChamp vs Justin Wong : Not as free as people think it's going to be but I would still put my money on Justin Wong
Combofiend vs Marn : FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Combofiend especially after seeing that shitty Vergil
Fanatiq vs Clockwork : Close but I like Fanatiq in this. Clockwork's Strider isn't up to high level Marvel yet but it's still flashy as hell. Fanatiq is the god of massacring assists.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
GG's to all on the stream last night.

I had a terrible night. Lol. My play was so bad.

I still need to find a team. D: Mags is the only one that's staying for certain. Even then, I need to do more jump-in links.

Kubisa

Neo Member
Just taunted my housemate over the throw change; so tired of his Taskmasters tech bullshit, especially as I play Thor who can combo off ground throws so easy. The patch can not come soon enough.

mr. puppy

Banned
I dove through all of the WNF matches to find Combofiend vs. Clockwork, and it was one of the shittiest matches by either of them I've ever seen. I dunno if it was pressure or what, but from Clock missing the first OTG like 3 seconds into the match it was just all downhill from there for both of them.

The execution at the top level of this game is so bad right now.

The match btw is at 13:30 here in part 3: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/302017722

also, seeing people not able to kill characters with Level 3 Strider is hilarious. That character is such a bad anchor and yet people are still trying to force it. I know Clock isn't, but all the theorycraft of X/X/Strider Vajra is not the way to play that character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom