• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any advice for doing this Vergil combo:

c.L s.>MH> Stinger> Rising Slash >TrickDown> j.MMHS.. .

After the Rising Slash to Trick, I'll input jump but Vergil doesn't jump, doesn't jump high enough, or the character flips and recovers before I get to the correct height for j.MMHS.

You need to superjump. After you teleport down, do a quick down-up on the stick and then hit them with M.

I'll pop back in just to help my boy Karst out with his soul searching.

Play Felicia/Dormammu/Morrigan. You're welcome.

Felicia has all the properties of a strong anchor, morrigan assist keeps her in constant buddy mode, and you and I both know that you won't be happy unless you're playing some weird occult character.

Everybody else, stay free.
---
PEACE.
I see you lurking GB! At first I had to laugh - Felicia? How can that work? Then I kept thinking about it, and it makes a weird kind of sense. I'll give it a shot, but I'm skeptical just because Felicia has never really clicked for me. It's like Zero. Last night I spent an hour trying to do a Zero combo, and I JUST CANT DO IT. His lightning strike just seems like an RDP move to me, so I always input RDP instead of DP. And Rekkoha looks like Captain Corridor to me, so I'm always doing QCB instead of QCF. I must look like one of the cockiest Zero players ever, since I end all my combos in Sougenmu.

Also, C. Viper has the same unblockable snap-in setups Firebrand does, and I can build more than a bar every time for net meter gain while I slaughter a team. 'Tis fun! The execution requirement is much higher, since I have to snap, dash back, call Dark Hole, dash forward, Focus Attack all very quickly.

According to Niitsuma (JP), the ability to tech throws while in recovery is a bug and, if things go as planned, will be patched in the upcoming update before the end of the year. Apparently the bug appeared while trying to fix another, separate bug.
FUCK YES!!!!!!

I chalked it off to one of those stealth changes that Capcom doesn't like to talk about. Which there are a ton in the game as far as character changes go.

But yeah definitely felt like a glitch especially when both players are matching H and you keep getting techs. That shit is hilarious.

Also Albert... the clock is ticking.
Why do you think Albert changes are coming? I love that we're calling him Albert now. =D

Agreed. And Clockwork worked on the guide so he had more time on the game than others.

Man West coast has a considerable number of Dooms, Spencers and Zeros.

Also Floe's Nemesis was doing work. It appears that Nemesis has an infinite juggle with the rocket launcher on assists because he basically took 90% off Doom and Ammy's health by doing it over and over again.
Yeah, he can juggle an assist forever with it. A Nemesis hit my Morrigan once, and I was blocking for a few seconds with Dormammu trying to feel out the timing of the move, and then I noticed Morrigan was like 90% dead - d'oh!

Severely lacking. The only FGs with decent single player this gen are VF5 and MK9, which is fitting for me because they're my foreveralone games that noone wants to play locally.
BlazBlue...

I'll be salty. I hope they learned their lesson from the knee-jerk sentinel patch....
what lesson was that? if sent's 910k hp in vanilla was too low, they could've raised it back for ultimate. instead it turns out that it needed to be lowered even moreso along with a few other nerfs.

koryuken

what lesson was that? if sent's 910k hp in vanilla was too low, they could've raised it back for ultimate. instead it turns out that it needed to be lowered even moreso along with a few other nerfs.

^Which many people think was a not so smart balance change. Due to his size, sentinel has a lot of bad matchups. At high levels, more HP would actually help him stay viable.

In regards to the Wesker shades, like I said I cannot see any significant difference with them on or off -- I really wouldn't care if they nerfed that and left everything else alone.

Odinson

Still searching for a main team. Currently running Nem/Deadpool/Spencer. Took Thor off of this team but now I don't have cover for Nemesis as I'm using quick work assist with deadpool. Although that plus tentacle reach makes the opponent have to guess which one to block. It's been working in ranked matches for me so far so I'll keep at it.

^Which many people think was a not so smart balance change. Due to his size, sentinel has a lot of bad matchups. At high levels, more HP would actually help him stay viable.
sure it would help him stay viable. but where does that leave the other big characters like thor and hulk who are seen to have even less tools?

koryuken

sure it would help him stay viable. but where does that leave the other big characters like thor and hulk who are seen to have even less tools?

I would say that hulk is pretty damn good right now. Especially with his GTFO 1 hit of armor assist. Thor got buffed...but he's still Thor.

I would say that hulk is pretty damn good right now. Especially with his GTFO hit of armor assist. Thor got buffed...but he's still Thor.
definitely, but thats what i mean. with the sent nerfs, the big characters are a lot closer now in terms of tiers. i'd be cool with an even 1mil sent but if i had to choose between the 2, i'd much prefer 900k sent over 1.3mil sent.

Dahbomb

Why do you think Albert changes are coming? I love that we're calling him Albert now. =D
Just sounds like something knee jerk Capcom would do. I don't expect it, I just said the salt from it would be delicious. There are people who think Wesker should just stay the same, glasses and all.

If Capcom does do something it will probably be something stupid like shave off 150K health from him. That's Capcom's mantra when it comes to balancing apparently. IDEALLY they should just act like the glasses "mechanic" was a bug and remove it completely. No one is going to complain or lose sleep over it.

What changed about Wesker in ultimate that makes this possible now?
He couldn't teleport cancel his Cobra Strike before. It was pretty weird that the move was excluded since he could do it off of Ghost Butterfly and all his gun shots. It makes doing his BnBs a lot easier... not that people even DO BnBs with Wesker outside the people who have been playing Wesker since day 1 Vanilla (ie. ChrisG).

Neki

think more people would do it if the hit scaling didn't ruin most long combos. it's easier just to call an assist to launch for another magic series.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I think they won't touch the glasses mechanic even though it's the dumbest new change. I think they were genuinely enthused with that idea, and his character portrait with the half broken glasses reflects that.

koryuken

think more people would do it if the hit scaling didn't ruin most long combos. it's easier just to call an assist to launch for another magic series.

Exactly. Like I said on the previous page, the herp derp combos for Wesker are a strategic decision (at least for me). With assists he can take a character from one corner to the other usuing the herb derp combos. With his swag combos, hit stun scaling prevents optimum positioning for the resets.

Bizazedo

I think they won't touch the glasses mechanic even though it's the dumbest new change. I think they were genuinely enthused with that idea, and his character portrait with the half broken glasses reflects that.
The half-broken glasses showed in his vanilla portrait, too.

I don't notice the extra damage if *I* take the glasses off. I do if they're knocked off, though, as it's basically an extra 100k tacked on to my BnB I do with him that Dahbomb laughed at pre-hyper.

Exactly. Like I said on the previous page, the herp derp combos for Wesker are a strategic decision (at least for me). With assists he can take a character from one corner to the other usuing the herb derp combos. With his swag combos, hit stun scaling prevents optimum positioning for the resets.

He doesn't even need assists to go from one end to the other. Assists just help make sure he's in prime phantom dance territory.

if they learned their lesson, they would actually nerf someone who needs to be nerfed

loooooooooool

Like Wesker!! haha. He's not an IOH waiting to happen like Sent.

BTW, Fubar posted this in the comments of the SRK article about the throw breaking bug:

"Unfortunately, you are not going to be happy with what else they considered a "glitch" :( "

He was quoting somebody talking about Wright in regards to wanting to have to get 5 instead of 3 pieces of evidence.

What do you mean Fubar!!! Answer us for Kadey! :)

Maybe they will change the HUD too a little? Since they listen to their fans alot and all that jazz.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Yeah, extended ground combos with Wesker create too much hitstun scaling for certain relaunches. I usually go for the extended ground ones anyway and then forego the relaunch, but there's no real reason to.

Dahbomb

"Unfortunately, you are not going to be happy with what else they considered a "glitch" :( "
Oh shit here begins the carnival of stupid.

*Prays for Wesker sunglasses being a glitch*

Spencer's Wire grapples could be the other thing they forgot to patch.

With assists he can take a character from one corner to the other usuing the herb derp combos.
That's not true. Using Cobra Strike and Ghost Butterfly guarantees that I bring the opponent close enough to the corner before even doing a launch. After the launch I just call an assist, do low gun shot and tap the opponent with st.L to go into the rest situation. I can relaunch from here too but I wouldn't get more than a couple more hits in the air before they drop off so this is where it's best to just either do a reset or use meter.

Dahbomb

Foot dive on Hsien Ko would be a waste of a tool. She can't self OTG into a full combo like Doom can. It would just be a nuisance although at least she can drop to the ground quicker like Arthur can. A dive kick that caused stagger or aerial ground bounce on the other hand would be much better.

I honestly don't know what to expect with the patch. I just hope it's something reasonable and not "LOL Capcom" bad.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Foot dive on Hsien Ko would be a waste of a tool. She can't self OTG into a full combo like Doom can.

I honestly don't know what to expect with the patch. I just hope it's something reasonable and not "LOL Capcom" bad.

I was thinking more along the lines of removing Doom's stupid S. divekick in general, and then giving Hsienko a ground bouncing/counterhit stagger divekick.

I imagine that he patch will be as Bizazedo said... the removal of invincibility from much of Wright's assists.

Dahbomb

Why would they nerf a low tier non-tournament character?

I am now accustomed to Doom. The dive kick is retarded but at least he does have a retarded tool to abuse. It keeps characters like him competitive. I wished Iron Man had something similar. His Knee Dive from MVC2 which if caused an aerial ground bounce or stagger would make him 10 times more used in tournaments.

Neki

Why would they nerf a low tier non-tournament character?

I am now accustomed to Doom. The dive kick is retarded but at least he does have a retarded tool to abuse. It keeps characters like him competitive. I wished Iron Man had something similar. His Knee Dive from MVC2 which if caused an aerial ground bounce or stagger would make him 10 times more used in tournaments.

sentinel says hi

amirite

Dahbomb

Sentinel is not a low tier, non-tournament character. Just the fact that his assist is still S tier and his DHC is safe/strong and persists after activation makes him a B tier character. The fact that he does solid damage and has limbs that need to be respected means he is B+. You will keep seeing Sentinel being used in tournaments as long as this game gets played, at the bare minimum as an assist and people will still get hit by the odd frying pan for the match wins.

Phoenix Wright is garbage and taking out the invincible assists would make him the worst character in the game... far below Hsien Ko.

koryuken

That's not true. Using Cobra Strike and Ghost Butterfly guarantees that I bring the opponent close enough to the corner before even doing a launch. After the launch I just call an assist, do low gun shot and tap the opponent with st.L to go into the rest situation. I can relaunch from here too but I wouldn't get more than a couple more hits in the air before they drop off so this is where it's best to just either do a reset or use meter.

I am not a fan of using Ghost Butterfy midscreen... I like using Jaguar Kicks in combos for the extra oomph.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Phoenix Wright is garbage and taking out the invincible assists would make him the worst character in the game... far below Hsien Ko.

Though you've said yourself that Capcom takes casual level balancing into account. Casuals don't know how to deal with Turnabout Phoenix Wright. I can see Capcom reducing the invincibility. That's the only thing that I can imagine a "glitch" with Wright.

Maybe chaining evidence gathering? Or hiding inside Maya shield? I don't know what else it could be.

Or maybe we're on the wrong track and fubarduck was referring to something else entirely.

koryuken

I fought some dude in Ranked using Ace Attorney as a point character vs my Wesker lol... Poor guy, the guy got 3 pieces of evidence and had a pixel of health. He actually hit my assist and got into turnabout mode only to immediately get shot by Wesker's gun and die... poor SOB.

Dahbomb

I don't deny Capcom doing something like this and it would certainly be within their range of quirky thinking.

I will just laugh at them and say stuff like "LOL Crapcom".

Is Wright really a major problem online?

Bizazedo

Well, it's just a rumor.

Buuut, if y'do know how to use him and have the proper DHC's / THC's to keep him safe, he stomps casuals into the dirt.

I am not a fan of using Ghost Butterfy midscreen... I like using Jaguar Kicks in combos for the extra oomph.

Why? They do less damage (I thought?).

Though you've said yourself that Capcom takes casual level balancing into account. Casuals don't know how to deal with Turnabout Phoenix Wright. I can see Capcom reducing the invincibility. That's the only thing that I can imagine a "glitch" with Wright.

Maybe chaining evidence gathering? Or hiding inside Maya shield? I don't know what else it could be.

Or maybe we're on the wrong track and fubarduck was referring to something else entirely.

I'll be salty as shit as one of the very few good things about one of my characters getting nerfed and fucking Wesker and bullshit exists. If they fuck over more of my characters in this patch without nerfing the ones that need it, i may ragequit.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Is Wright really a major problem online?

Nah, I don't think so. I've only faced a few Wrights online. I just think that people have problems dealing with his fully invincible assist (even though it can technically be hit).

I use him sometimes because I really adore the character. Based on my limited Player Matches, a lot of people don't know what to do when Phoenix reaches Turnabout.

Why? They do less damage (I thought?).

Yeah, I never use Jaguar Kick because of how it effects damage scaling. It might depend on the combo, though.

koryuken

Yeah, I never use Jaguar Kick because of how it effects damage scaling. It might depend on the combo, though.

I'll have to look into that... maybe I will use Cobra Strike instead. I was usuing Jaguar Kick because it did not seem to impact hitstun deterioration too much and pushed opponents a bit toward the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom