• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
what if they gave footdive to hsien-ko

you would be dancing naked in the streets, that's what
Well... one needs a tool like that and the other one simply needs it a little reigned in.
Foot dive on Hsien Ko would be a waste of a tool. She can't self OTG into a full combo like Doom can. It would just be a nuisance although at least she can drop to the ground quicker like Arthur can. A dive kick that caused stagger or aerial ground bounce on the other hand would be much better.

I honestly don't know what to expect with the patch. I just hope it's something reasonable and not "LOL Capcom" bad.
Let's stop talking about things that will never happen. It just makes me feel bad...
I imagine that he patch will be as Bizazedo said... the removal of invincibility from much of Wright's assists.
Wouldn't be surprised by this at all.
they just need to let you have two interface options, that's all. keep the new one exclusively for Vita.
This would be too forward thinking for Capcom. I hope they make me look like a fool though.
Why would they nerf a low tier non-tournament character?

I am now accustomed to Doom. The dive kick is retarded but at least he does have a retarded tool to abuse. It keeps characters like him competitive. I wished Iron Man had something similar. His Knee Dive from MVC2 which if caused an aerial ground bounce or stagger would make him 10 times more used in tournaments.
Don't forget that Niitsuma's team has it's own retarded tier lists and evaluations. Who knows what goes on in those offices...
Take your pick.
oh my...
Phoenix Wright is garbage and taking out the invincible assists would make him the worst character in the game... far below Hsien Ko.
Damn, it actually would...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
What does Wright do against UP/BACK?

Not a whole lot. Just chip, really. Turnabout fingers and projectiles do good chip... kind of like if Sentinel's normals came out faster and did great chip damage. If you manage to hit with a "frying pan", then it can quickly lead to a dead character. And his Break the Witness assist does decent chip, as well.

Dahbomb

LEAKED CAPCOM INTERNAL TIER LIST

SSS Tier:

Phoenix Wright (There is a note on here that says Phoenix Wright is so broken that he is a top priority to fix in the next patch)

S TIER:

Tron
She Hulk
Phoenix
MODOK
Shuma
Jill
Iron Fist
Frank West

A TIER

Haggar
Iron Man
Sentinel
Arthur
Storm
Hawkeye
Dr Strange
Nemesis
Viewtiful Joe
Chun Li
Rocket Raccoon

B

Akuma
Amaterasu
Wolverine
Hulk
Viewtiful Joe
Morrigan
Captain America
Deadpool
Trish
Thor
Taskmaster
Ghost Rider

C TIER

Dante
Dr Doom
Dormammu
C Viper
Super Skrull
Ryu
Vergil
Nova
Chris
Magneto
X-23
Felicia
Firebrand
Strider

D TIER

Wesker (There is a note on Wesker saying that they are planning to add another mechanic that involves his trenchcoat in hopes to move up him up a tier)
Zero
Spencer
Hsien Ko (There is a note on her saying that she is deliberately made crap so players would have some character to root for in the game)

This is NOT simply my tier in reverse order

CPS2

Sounds like some pretty significant changes are on the way, hopefully they have a really clear and obvious way to show you which version of the game you're playing...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Wesker (There is a note on Wesker saying that they are planning to add another mechanic that involves his trenchcoat in hopes to move up him up a tier)

Naked Wesker yields a 200% damage boost, 200% speed boost, and slowdown effect on your opponent.

dankir

Need more friends playing Utlimate on the 360 SolarPowered / SteelyHawke is never online and I don't have anybody else to play with.

Live GT: D O N K E R.

Anybody here played against or is anybody here Live GT: Midivh (Canadian)

Dude has fucking owned me online over the past 3 days.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Need more friends playing Utlimate on the 360 SolarPowered / SteelyHawke is never online and I don't have anybody else to play with.

Add the MahvelGAF tag. That way, you can look at the list and see who's online playing Marvel. I'm almost always down for games if you see me online- GuardianE9999

You can add me if you want: matiics
I'll probably get wrecked pretty hard, and I'm not on (Marvel) that often, but yeah.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

Zero
Spencer
Hsien Ko (There is a note on her saying that she is deliberately made crap so players would have some character to root for in the game)

I'm calling it; trenchcoat flight mode.

Toski

SSS Tier:

Phoenix Wright (There is a note on here that says Phoenix Wright is so broken that he is a top priority to fix in the next patch)

S TIER:

Tron
She Hulk
Phoenix
MODOK
Shuma
Jill
Iron Fist
Frank West

A TIER

Haggar
Iron Man
Sentinel
Arthur
Storm
Hawkeye
Dr Strange
Nemesis
Viewtiful Joe
Chun Li
Rocket Raccoon

B

Akuma
Amaterasu
Wolverine
Hulk
Viewtiful Joe
Morrigan
Captain America
Deadpool
Trish
Thor
Taskmaster
Ghost Rider

C TIER

Dante
Dr Doom
Dormammu
C Viper
Super Skrull
Ryu
Vergil
Nova
Chris
Magneto
X-23
Felicia
Firebrand
Strider

D TIER

Zero
Spencer
Spider-Man

You forgot one.

Dahbomb

Spider Man is C tier on Capcom's list. They thought he was overpowered with his UWT resets and Web Throw unscaled so they nerfed that and gave him some tools to compensate for potential drop in tiers.

By the way, ChrisG on WakeupSRK states that one of the reasons why he lost to PRBalrog was because of this teching glitch. He said that because PRBalrog could just zip and mash H, he was getting in on him free when otherwise he would've gotten air thrown.

I am inclined to agree here, as this is after all "Mr Air Throw/Tech" himself speaking. It was definitely a factor in the grand finals when Spencer would just zipline in and just tech a throw but still be within pressure range. Same applies for Wolverine and just mashing d/f+H which is Dive Kick plus grab.

HardRojo

SSS Tier:

I was about to jump and say: Really?! Phoenix Wright SSS tier? Everyone uses him right?!
But then I kept reading and LOL'd a bit :p Well done.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Spider Man is C tier on Capcom's list. They thought he was overpowered with his UWT resets and Web Throw unscaled so they nerfed that and gave him some tools to compensate for potential drop in tiers.

The only inconsistency I could see is that in your C and D list, Dante is the only character that received nerfs (and Magneto to a lesser degree). I think Capcom still thinks he's very good.

So everyone mocking Capcom's balance, care to tell me which company does a better job in balancing?
Cause it can't be Arksys, Namco or SNK, they fuck up all the time too.

Dahbomb

Just reading this off of their notes:

Magneto and Dante were nerfed in combos slightly because casuals don't enjoy getting comboed forever. They can still do high damage and TOD. Dante is B tier because he has a 8 frame jab that is a liability and requires execution to play, same for Magneto (also why C Viper is C tier). Capcom thought that Magneto struggles with creating space and doesn't get enough damage out of the corner so they gave him gravitation. They also felt that this mix ups against in coming characters was weak. Capcom felt that DT on Dante was too underpowered so they buffed that. They also thought Dante's combos were too hard for casuals so they made special inputs easier. Hammer and Disruptor raped casuals so they had to nerf those despite them being listed Mid to lower tier.

So everyone mocking Capcom's balance, care to tell me which company does a better job in balancing?
I am just dicking around. For the MOST part they did a good job with the character balancing in UMVC3 (like Solar said, about 80% changes are agreeable). Some characters are just fundamentally improperly implemented to fix just on a few buffs, others didn't get enough and some got too much. Strong/OP stuff appears in all fighting games and you learn to cope with it. At casual or mid level just about every character out of the 50 characters has something to say in a match and is a problem. High level is going to be dictated by strong characters vs characters who do well against certain strong characters which is where metas develop and that thing is hard to predict even at this stage.

I think the balance in the Tekken games have been fine. VF has great balance too.

Did Capcom ever not the reason for why they changed teching like they did? Out of all the decisions they made it seems to be the dumbest one to my. If you punish a wiffed attack/hyper or an attack in start-up it's because you've been the smarter player, why take the away and let people go for idiotic offence without consequence?

Obviously they did fuckups, but honestly, it's a cast of 50 characters in a BS game like Marvel, with 12 being brand new which should fit into the updated balance setting, and them obviously trying to keep the top characters still good. Also, time restraints, A LOT of them. And the lack of time was made up with a lack of budget.
What do you expect?

I'm also not much knowledgeable about VF or Tekken, so I can't say much about these games' balance. Was more referring to Soul Calibur when mentioning Namco, I actually forgot they also did Tekken.

The way I see Wright is that once he is in turnabout mode he is a godly COUNTER character. Turnabout Wright is extremely powerful and is best as used as an assist. When all you have left is Turnabout Wright and your opponent tries to attack you for the win YOU have the advantage but if your opponent runs and or can fly/super jump there's nothing you really can do about it except projectile spam and finger point chip. If you run out of Xfactor and turnabout and facing a good player you might as well call it a day.

I'll never give up Wright though. So much fun.

Looks about right.
Naked Wesker yields a 200% damage boost, 200% speed boost, and slowdown effect on your opponent.
SRK said:
Why stop there? Further Wesker buffs:
Rhino Charge -> Takes trench coat off (+ 5% speed/+ 5% damage)
New followup S to f. H and df. H -> instead of teleport he throws one of his shoes at the opponenet (+ 1% speed/+ 1%damage per shoe)
Successful Tiger Uppercut -> takes shirt off (+ 5% speed/+ 5% damage)
Lost in Nightmares -> takes pants off (+ 10% speed/+ 10% damage)
Cause it can't be Arksys, Namco or SNK, they fuck up all the time too.
Arksys>Capcom when it comes to balance seeing as they have to balance casts that are FAR more varied than Capcom's cast.

Let's see who jumps the gun without reading carefully.

Dahbomb

LMAO ChrisG is so on the money.

He states that Wesker is retarded because when he does a random hyper it does so much damage and he gets buffed for it. And while ChrisG states that Zero is the best character on point, Wesker is just crazier because of LVL3XF... Zero isn't as scary in XFLVL3.

Also ChrisG thinks that some part of Wolverine's Berserker Slash is still invincible, more towards the end instead of start up. Interesting, he does say that at point blank when he Wolverine has you in a block string you can't counter B Slash mix up by mashing cr.L which I agree with... it's a 50/50 at close range when it's set up properly.

LordAlu

Added both.

I'm on the Mahvel GAF list too, usually up for some matches if you see me online. I'm all up for getting some practice in, pretty much all I do is training mode since none of my mates are interested in UMvC.

I'm in the UK - got a good connection against US guys most of the time though :)

Isn't BBCS2 pretty balanced? Does no match-up go beyond 5.5/4.5? Wasn't the guy who won EVO using a low tier dude?

Q can answer better on that front. He always says GG:AC is good or something as well.

For the Caliburs. SC2, seemed fine to me. SC3 seemed fine, with certain characters using the VC glitches to their advantages. It wasn't the same character winning all the time it seemed. SC4, yea, Hilde and Amy running wild, mostly Amy at the end. People were winning with SK . I stopped keeping up (and playing) when SC4 had shit netcode and SF4 came back on the scene.

Tekken 6. Even though there was alot of Bobs at EVO, I've heard Aris say the game is pretty balanced? It just turned out all the good Bob players went to EVO. Games not new either, I don't know if Bob was top tier since the beginning.

VF5 seems fine too? They seem to come out with arcade revisions when needed. Is a new one coming out to tweak Akira a bit (since he is the S tier now)?

Dahbomb

Capcom's balancing is good to great at casual/mid/online level and hit/miss at high level.

Too much of Capcom's balancing is subject to online warrior outcry. It's why El Fuerte gets nerfed because online warriors don't want to deal with his BS. It's why Sentinel gets nerfs.

Then there is the issue of making tiers around "certain" characters. You KNOW it happens just like Ono did with AE. That's just a case of a dev outright saying "yea we intentionally made these characters OP" but there are times when it's obvious that a certain character was made overpowered and another underpowered.

The real problem is that Capcom doesn't share reasons for balancing. If they gave more reasons it would be more acceptable. Like for example, Seth usually goes over why this character got a certain buff or nerf and usually you are like "oh ok that makes sense. I may not agree with it but I can see the logic in it". Then there's this stuff like glasses mechanic which makes no sense and no explanation is given for it. Why does Wesker need something like this?

sephi22

Um someone had the tag you get for using Storm 100 times. It says "Make It Rain!". LOL

I want this. :(
scaled.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom