• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Once more for the new page and because the lobby hasn't filled yet. Edit: lobby full now, but you can still watch and don't forget to subscribe so we can get the quality select option eventually.

Kadey's stream is live.

www.twitch.tv/kadeybaybe#/w/2210315872

Xbox players start your engines.

mr. puppy

Banned
yo everybody needs to watch ChrisG playing Phoenix Wright/Dante/Morrigan: http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/301998713 at 1:16

the team is sooooo nuts

basically, you super jump a lot and try to get meter with morrigan while collecting, which worked b/c dieminion was zoning.

when you get a stupid amount of meter, you do the team super which lasts for freaking ever and you can collect a ton of evidence. then you get turnabout and make Phoenix your anchor.

then you spam that ridiculous assist and own.

yo everybody needs to watch ChrisG playing Phoenix Wright/Dante/Morrigan: http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/301998713 at 1:16

the team is sooooo nuts

basically, you super jump a lot and try to get meter with morrigan while collecting, which worked b/c dieminion was zoning.

when you get a stupid amount of meter, you do the team super which lasts for freaking ever and you can collect a ton of evidence. then you get turnabout and make Phoenix your anchor.

Seeing someone succeed with Phoenix Wright is great.

The fact that they did something so creative and exciting with Phoenix and it didn't work out is a damn shame!

the team is sooooo nuts

Awesome.

I got my 100th win in rank after having not played online in about 2 weeks. Still full of spammers who are so easy to read yet cause of lag I still cant do too much about it. Nothing worse than losing to a team of vergil, dante, and wesker and having them taunt after they won the match. Especially when they barely won at that.

Im now 100 and 122 and am a 9th lord. Its gonna take forever to get the 6th lord rank.

rexor0717

the team is sooooo nuts

Holy shit! at the end there. Those projectiles were insane.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

the team is sooooo nuts

This was so stupid hype live. The entirety of this week's Big Two was pretty awesome.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Man, I never heard anyone use the phrase "neutral game" until about a week or two ago, and now people are using it all the time.

That kind of irritates me for some weird reason.

Axis

Man, I never heard anyone use the phrase "neutral game" until about a week or two ago, and now people are using it all the time.

lol what? i've played you in VS before...i would have figured you'd know what a neutral game is! mindblown

hey guys!

we will be streaming again tonight, hope you all can tune in!

starts around 8pm PST

all the crew will be there, Me, XsK Samurai, Cynistar and all the guys from last night.

Me and Reckless will hop on commentary at around 9pm because we both have to work tonight.

anyways, AE/Marvel you know the deal! training for SCR, hop on the stream, chat, ask questions and have some fun!

Twitch.tv/xsk_samurai

hope to see y'all there!

-EC

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
lol what? i've played you in VS before...i would have figured you'd know what a neutral game is! mindblown
What it is is obvious. I'm just saying that the phrase seemed to spontaneously blow up in use for no particular reason.

Dahbomb

It's because the neutral game didn't really exist for more than 4 seconds in a high level Marvel match before. It was there but uncommon especially in the era of Wolverines.

Now with so many zoning characters and new characters to figure out as well as a different meta... people have realized that learning some cheap ass mix up and DHC glitch or XF LVL1 combos isn't going to win you matches. You actually have to know footsies, spacings and commit accordingly which has resulting in longer matches and frauds being exposed. At least until the activation of LVL3 XF the game is a constant tug of war of spacing and getting set ups ready. This is basically where people are realizing that a neutral game actually does exist in Marvel.

I am guilty of this. I derped my way with Wolverine and then just rushed that ass down with Wesker + Akuma. Even with Iron Man I just mad rushed in with tri-dashes without much game plan. It's a different mind set playing with Vergil, I have to think long and hard before pressing buttons. Same for IM in UMVC3 and a bunch of other characters due to no blocking during air dashes and instant hypers that track.

Speaking of neutral game... how the hell is Dieminion's defense so good? He is blocking Berserker Slash cross ups and exposing frauds left and right. He has stepped up his execution from last time as well. He still needs to be less laid back with his game plan... if he gets the hit he needs to finish his plate and even burn X Factor early if he has it. It's really funny that only a player who is even stronger defensively than Dieminion beats him and his team.

Lingo spreads fast and people like being in the know so they flaunt it.

Completely harmless compared to some other habits the FGC has...

Axis

What it is is obvious. I'm just saying that the phrase seemed to spontaneously blow up in use for no particular reason.

oh no doubt, i just misunderstood. i didn't hear the phrase until about 2 months ago when mar was helping me step my game up in VS.

I played online la couple times recently with a Viewtiful Joe/Rocket Raccoon/Arthur zoning team. It didn't work out, but it was really funny.

Azure J

You know what sucks about catching up on WNF archives instead of watching it live? There's nowhere for me to type DansGame.

I felt this way rewatching the beginning to the ChrisG/Dieminion match and seeing Arturo doing some funny shit behind them on the camera. I'm like "what the hell is he doing?" :lol

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Because it's a buzzword that everyone picks up and starts using freely as though they came up with it.

It's like how you see every other post say "knee-jerk reaction" now.

Dahbomb

My favorite is "herp derp" Wolverine and Berderper slash.

Knee jerk was around back in the Sentinel patch era.

The one and true fighting game buzzword that has been going around lately is "fraudulence". It all started with Mike Ross calling people out as frauds even though it was common before (people calling Noel a fraud, Viscant a fraud etc.). The whole Jago vs Mike took fraudulence to a whole new level. Now everyone is trying to expose other as frauds.

FGC buzzwords of recent.

herp, derp - braindead and now knee jerk.

I would say "synergy" as well. But I guess that applies really. I used to hate when my managers used to use that word all the time in meetings and presentation. Fuck, I hate it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
FGC buzzwords of recent.

herp, derp - braindead and now knee jerk.

I would say "synergy" as well. But I guess that applies really. I used to hate when my managers used to use that word all the time in meetings and presentation. Fuck, I hate it.

Justin Wong was pretty much the first one to coin "synergy" and then it took off. Every single person started saying it. It's a good word, and it makes sense, but you could just as easily say that the characters complement each other, or are compatible, or something.

Dahbomb

HOLD DAT L IN YOUR CHEST

PRINGLES

SALT

STAY FREE

PEE'D ON

HERP DERP

BLOWN UP

SCOOPED

EXPOSED

DARK "Insert character's name here" RISING

SYNERGY

UP BACK

GET DOWN

CLUTCH

FRAUDULENCE

Just off the top of my head words or phrases I learned which had different meanings in the fighting game community.

Yea, never heard of "Get Down". For "Clutch", I only hear that once a year at EVO from Seth.

How many of those terms originate from east coast streams/slang?

Ken

Just off the top of my head words or phrases I learned which had different meanings in the fighting game community.

Only recently learned what Happy Birthday meant in the CrossCounter UMVC3 tournament.

Also, Searchlight and taking someone to Walmart.

mr. puppy

Banned
Zero is the fucking best.

your new team. seroiusly, you won't lose.
mega-man-x5-zero.jpg

can-of-tuna.jpg

hawking_1632048c.jpg

Anyway, this shit's probably obvious if you're smart or whatever, but I just figured out a couple things with Zero/Nemesis I didn't think of before. Nemesis DHC into Zero is easy; just do Missiles -> Rainbow. Rainbow into Missiles doesn't work nearly as well though. The opponent recovers before the last stomp from Nemesis and I think they can punish that pretty easily. So today I thought of a couple alternatives when Zero's on point:

1. End the Zero combo in a knockdown, then do Sougenmu -> Missiles. You still get the OTG combo. Useful if you want to get Zero out of there and/or power up his assist.

2. End the Zero combo in a knockdown and then THC. If the opponent is still alive, Zero can go for a mixup while Nemesis is finishing his stomp.

Azure J

That Zero art makes me want a new MMX game like crazy, why?

Also, Zero goes with everything is the new (or Marvel version of) Guile's Theme goes with everything.

HOLD DAT L IN YOUR CHEST
PRINGLES
SALT
STAY FREE
PEE'D ON
HERP DERP
BLOWN UP
SCOOPED
EXPOSED
HOLD DAT L IN YOUR CHEST
PRINGLES
SALT
STAY FREE
PEE'D ON
HERP DERP
BLOWN UP
SCOOPED
EXPOSED
SYNERGY
UP BACK
GET DOWN
CLUTCH
FRAUDULENCE
SYNERGY
UP BACK
GET DOWN
CLUTCH
FRAUDULENCE

herp derp was already used a lot before. its popular on 4chan/reddit/tumblr and the like.

synergy was used a lot in mmos and strategy games. people used it heavily in guild wars.

clutch was used a lot in... well everything, but especially sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom