• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arksys>Capcom when it comes to balance seeing as they have to balance casts that are FAR more varied than Capcom's cast.
_
Let's see who jumps the gun without reading carefully.

They also took the easy, stupid way out when it comes to balancing, they nerfed everyone till everyone's garbage. If capcom did that for umvc3 you can be sure there will be no one playing that game. Just like how there's no one playing BB now.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Can anyone go into detail about the new dhc glitch?

Are you talking about the glitch Frank West mainly takes advantage of? It just causes the character to go spinning, but it doesn't reset the scaling of the combo like in vanilla.

Unless you're talking about something that I'm unaware of. o.0

Kimosabae

Banned
Are you talking about the glitch Frank West mainly takes advantage of? It just causes the character to go spinning, but it doesn't reset the scaling of the combo like in vanilla.

Unless you're talking about something that I'm unaware of. o.0

Right. Is it only Frank specific? It's the Hard KD that interests me. How does he perform it, and can other characters do it?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Right. Is it only Frank specific? It's the Hard KD that interests me. How does he perform it, and can other characters do it?

I only halfway know, because of Frank. The only reason he benefits from it is due to his camera. He can only use it to level up. If anyone else tries, they'll drop the combo thanks to scaling. So yea, do a hyper, whiff his hyper, and take a picture for an easy level. I believe that's all you get out of it.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I actually like the new one. Love a huge lifebar. The only probably is the completely dumb placing of the assists.
I'm used to the assist order but still have to squint to actually see how much life they have left sometimes. And the point character's lifebar almost obscures the name of the guy in 3rd.

It's still retarded. It will always be retarded.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm used to the assist order but still have to squint to actually see how much life they have left sometimes. And the point character's lifebar almost obscures the name of the guy in 3rd.

It's still retarded. It will always be retarded.
Yep, it's completely counterintuitive to your senses and looking at information at-a-glance. I was surprised how fast I got used to the new assists though.

Also, they fucked up the super bars too, when they were perfect before, now they made the numbers some stupid font.

Sixfortyfive

Also, they fucked up the super bars too, when they were perfect before, now they made the numbers some stupid font.
That's not all. The hue actually changes as you build meter and some of the neighbooring colors practically blend together in the process. It's difficult for me to tell where the exact meter is at when it's between 3 and 4 (or was it 2 and 3?), and I've even bothered to calibrate the colors on my monitor correctly.

I really sympathize with the colorblind.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That's not all. The hue actually changes as you build meter and some of the neighbooring colors practically blend together in the process. It's difficult for me to tell where the exact meter is at when it's between 3 and 4 (or was it 2 and 3?), and I've even bothered to calibrate the colors on my monitor correctly.

I really sympathize with the colorblind.
Oh wow, I wasn't even aware of this.

So many unnecessary and as a result detrimental changes from MvC3 to UMvC3 :/

Oh wow, I wasn't even aware of this.

So many unnecessary and as a result detrimental changes from MvC3 to UMvC3 :/
There isn't much else they could do with UMvC3 to differentiate it from Vanilla besides adding more modes or characters.

It is shame the UI had to be changed...

what lesson was that? if sent's 910k hp in vanilla was too low, they could've raised it back for ultimate. instead it turns out that it needed to be lowered even moreso along with a few other nerfs.
1) It was just rounded out at 900K. Niitsuma was probably just OCD about the number.
2) Capcom's internal testers aren't good at the game. We should know this by now, because Capcom thought Vanilla Dante was mid tier. Ponder that.

Looks about right.

Arksys>Capcom when it comes to balance seeing as they have to balance casts that are FAR more varied than Capcom's cast.

Let's see who jumps the gun without reading carefully.
What would one, reading carefully, take away from this?

Oh, and I wonder what else we'll be salty about being a glitch. I assume these are system changes, not character ones...

Chavelo

KoZVU.png

I(TheMadnessBeast) got totally blown up in my 1st match in kadey's lobby. The character intros were extremely laggy so I know I was gonna be in for a rough one. Why must my internet be so sucky =(

Sixfortyfive

Speaking of shitty internet, can anybody tell me what the ideal ranges are for the values you'd see on a cable modem status page like this and what that stuff actually means?

I know that the downstream power level should be as close to 0 dBmV as possible and that anything beyond -8 or +8 seems to correlate with an increasing frequency of dropped packets, but I'm kind of clueless on the rest and what I can do about it beyond calling my ISP, and these fuckers actually charge for house visits.

I spent more time fighting lag than opponents in Kadey's lobby.

Yo that cnny434 guy lags worse than me, and to top it off thats gotta be one of the worse Wesker's I've ever seen. With no lag theres no way he is beating you and degen.

I should also mention that even without lag, switching from and HDTV to an SDTV is awful and really messing me up . Im squinting to see the damn screen. I can barely make out player id's and reading titles and icons is impossible. I really need to get an HDTV for my room or just jack my brother's while he sleeps.

zlatko

Banned
I played like 25 games tonight against my fighting game friend who's better than I am at fighters. He's had tons of UMvC3 practice, stuck with vanilla way longer than I did, knows his combos, we had no lag, and I had to play on a controller instead of my arcade stick.

I got like 11 of those games on him. My team is just sick as hell. Nova, Hawkeye, Wesker.

Maximum manliness. :p

Ken

Question about Ryu:

Sometimes I see people do Shinku Hadoken after Tatsu in the air. When I do this and XFC into a second Shinku Hadoken, the other character usually falls out so I have to aim the searchlight at an angle downward, usually missing a good number of hits.

I've also been doing an air combo ending with S, land, jump and do Shinku Hadoken while the opponent is on the ground, and doing the same XFC seems to let me land more hits.

Is there some type of huge damage decrease if I do a j. S before the hyper, meaning that I should be doing my hyper combos without launching back to the ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom