• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol @ using the version of colossus that wears juggernauts helmet. that version would be sss tier.

It's Colossus' current form. And it would unite 2 in 1. :p

i like what you did with the marvel side, but your darkstalker representation for capcom is pretty ass. i'm biased, but if i had to choose 4, it'd be: lillith, qbee, jedah, victor.

Morrigan is the face of Darkstalkers. I added Jedah upon request of crimsonspider. Felicia is a MvC2 veteran, though I could've gone for pretty much anyone. Lilith I don't think should be in tho, cause well... she's Morrigan 2. :p

also, as much as i love roll. character slots are too precious to waste on troll characters (same goes for modok). i desperately want protoman.

MODOK isn't really a troll character, he's actually a pretty important Avengers villain, who's even pretty much in all Avengers-related cartoons. He also is incredibly unique in terms of gameplay, so that alone makes him a good candidate.
What can Protoman do that isn't already covered by Megaman (X) and Zero? Roll also is a series veteran since MvC1.

Q-Bee is just another tri dashing character with a bubble. She is fun in VS, but she'd really be more of a fan inclusion than anything else...
I wasn't sure if I should go for Felicia or Hsien-Ko. I went with Felicia cause she's a veteran and people would cry if there's too little MvC2 characters.
I don't think anyone outside of a few are gonna miss Felicia. Also, 99% of the folks who play this game would be pretty stupified by Hsien-Ko in a Mahvel game. I could live with her being out, but I really want to see her Vampire Savior version buffed. It'd be wild.
Franny is my own personal choice. You can ignore her and C&D completely. Just look how I named the "DLC pack" with them. :p
Looking at this again... I'm fine with her. You are on the dot everywhere else besides Hsien-Ko on the Capcom side. They should hire you so you can live off Ramen with Seth.
Unlike Dahbomb, you are blind on one eye. Gambit is in, herpderp. Also, you really want Commando Venom? I would've added Anti-Venom as the symbiote.
I just woke up. Cut me some slack. Also, you put him next to X...

X_X

Morrigan is the face of Darkstalkers. I added Jedah upon request of crimsonspider. Felicia is a MvC2 veteran, though I could've gone for pretty much anyone. Lilith I don't think should be in tho, cause well... she's Morrigan 2. :p
i know, but i'm biased and like lilith more.

MODOK isn't really a troll character, he's actually a pretty important Avengers villain, who's even pretty much in all Avengers-related cartoons. He also is incredibly unique in terms of gameplay, so that alone makes him a good candidate.
What can Protoman do that isn't already covered by Megaman (X) and Zero? Roll also is a series veteran since MvC1.
despite that, i'd still see him as a troll character. i mean professor x is one of the most important from the x-men, but including him in this game i'd consider also a troll character.

mega man = a million different weapons/powerups
zero = sword
proto man = shield

but again, it's just me being biased because i like proto man as a character.

Colored me surprise from Rocket Raccoon Man that left him out of this dream list.

He was one of those runner-ups. He's awesome, but Nova had more impact on Cosmic Marvel, and so did Thanos. As said, I went for the more popular characters, and I like C&D more than Rocky.

Q-Bee is just another tri dashing character with a bubble. She is fun in VS, but she'd really be more of a fan inclusion than anything else...

Yea, I don't remember much about Q-Bee, I just know that Lilith has a somewhat similar moveset to Morrigan, is canonically part of Morrigan too... I know she has a few differences, and some different specials. She's kinda like Akuma to Ryu.

I don't think anyone outside of a few are gonna miss Felicia. Also, 99% of the folks who play this game would be pretty stupified by Hsien-Ko in a Mahvel game. I could live with her being out, but I really want to see her Vampire Savior version buffed. It'd be wild.

Hsien-Ko is my favorite Darkstalker. As mentioned again, it was pretty much between her and Felicia for the 3rd Darkstalkers slot.

Looking at this again... I'm fine with her. You are on the dot everywhere else besides Hsien-Ko on the Capcom side. They should hire you so you can live off Ramen with Seth.

<3

I just woke up. Cut me some slack. Also, you put him next to X...

X_X

Haha, it's all good. Also, he's more "on top of Wolverine" - the Ultimate select screen is just an expansion to the vanilla one.

proto man = shield

Uhhh... There's Captain America. And... he already pretty much does all you can do with a shield - throwing it, charging with it... Protoman simply has, additionally, his pea shooter. And that's not really enough for me. Roll on the other hand, at least her TvC version, has stuff to offer that makes her incredibly unique: the water puddles and the healing.

V_Arnold

Red Arremer, including Gambit then arguing about Pyslocke's importance is basically contradiction as it is :p

If you want modern-Marvel represented, include Hope. Seriously.

Red Arremer, including Gambit then arguing about Pyslocke's importance is basically contradiction as it is :p

If you want modern-Marvel represented, include Hope. Seriously.

I included him based alone on the fact people whine about him, and I don't think Cyclops has anything to offer gameplay wise. Then again, neither does Gambit, but well, people here live in the 90s, so let them have one of their silly unimportant 90s character. We really don't need more than that (i.e. Psylocke). Also, my first choice would've actually been Iceman, but crimsonspider kinda nudged me towards Gambit.

Uhhh... There's Captain America. And... he already pretty much does all you can do with a shield - throwing it, charging with it... Protoman simply has, additionally, his pea shooter. And that's not really enough for me. Roll on the other hand, at least her TvC version, has stuff to offer that makes her incredibly unique: the water puddles and the healing.
just because they both have shields, doesn't mean they'd play alike. i mean, sword tier is best tier? it's bout time we get shield tier. also, proto man should be the owner of the best slide in the game (throwback to mega man 3).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
just because they both have shields, doesn't mean they'd play alike. i mean, sword tier is best tier? it's bout time we get shield tier. also, proto man should be the owner of the best slide in the game (throwback to mega man 3).

Shuuuussh. I prefer Roll. I am shocked that you called her a troll character and she isn't one in TvC.

My personal 4 Darkstalkers are Morrigan, Hsien-Ko, Anakaris and Talbain, but I dunno why people keep bringing up 4, there's only 3 Darkstalkers. XD
I mean yea, Ruby Heart rumoredly is being considered a Darkstalker, but I actually count her more as MvC2 character.

You are blind.

It was hard enough as it is. :[

I can post the runner-ups too, if anyone is interested - Moon Knight is among them.

X? Fuck X.
I know I'm a minority here, but no Ken and no Nero while making me pay for Strider and Vergil as DLC? I'll take the capcom rosters, I think. :p

--

Also, considering Ruby Heart was created FOR MvC2, you're right to consider her an MvC2 character.

A fifty character roster is underwhelming for this series...
My personal 4 Darkstalkers are Morrigan, Hsien-Ko, Anakaris and Talbain, but I dunno why people keep bringing up 4, there's only 3 Darkstalkers. XD
I mean yea, Ruby Heart rumoredly is being considered a Darkstalker, but I actually count her more as MvC2 character.
There are only two choices. She is a Darkstalker prototype or a character with no home(MvC has no coherent story or universe).

The best thing that could happen for her is a DSIV where Capcom lets her shine. Then we'll actually see her considered in future crossovers.
i always thought demetri would have made a good mvc character
I hate that guy with a passion. He is a shoto with a divekick and teleport more or less. Seth even identified him as the Street Fighter of the Darkstalkers series in the Darkstalkers 1 stream a few weeks back.

I'm glad that Morrigan took the spotlight instead of him...
Also, considering Ruby Heart was created FOR MvC2, you're right to consider her an MvC2 character.
wat

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I hate that guy with a passion. He is a shoto with a divekick and teleport more or less. Seth even identified him as the Street Fighter of the Darkstalkers series in the Darkstalkers 1 stream a few weeks back.

But he steals your life force... after turning you into an attractive lady.

I'm glad that Morrigan took the spotlight instead of him...

But no arguments here. Morrigan is hardly even a Darkstalkers character anymore. She's appeared in far more games outside of the Darkstalkers series than there are Darkstalkers games.

Also, it would be near impossible to animate Midnight Bliss in this game, and that pretty much the only reason anyone cares about him is that move.

lol i think i just liked demetri the most because i was heavy into alpha 1 during this time too.

rikuo would be pretty interesting as an mvc character, but now that i think about it, bishamon kind of fits in too.

Chavelo

For future reference:

Seth said:
&#8226; Ruby Heart, of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 fame, was apparently a rejected Darkstalkers design.

Also, lol at this:
Enzo said:
Gambit in HD would be too much awesome, but I'm betting on Psylocke. I swear to god if that annoying piece of shit Colossus gets in, oh man. I bet on Psylocke because we KNOW Marvel is going to deliver a ton of females to balance out the male cast. The Pheonix would be awesome too, and I'm betting on that as well since they already deconfirmed so many other potential candidates.
We were ALL naive back then..
But he steals your life force... after turning you into an attractive lady.
His only gimmick lol.
But no arguments here. Morrigan is hardly even a Darkstalkers character anymore. She's appeared in far more games outside of the Darkstalkers series than there are Darkstalkers games.
Darkstalkers only have two choices these days. Be a dead character or join other series.
rikuo would be pretty interesting as an mvc character, but now that i think about it, bishamon kind of fits in too.
Bishamon would be too much in a Mahvel game with those projectiles of his. I can't imagine the salt it would cause. Wesker would blush at those easy fullscreen combos that Bishamon gets from his projectile. That shit was easy to spam too. His super(?) that causes you to stab yourself is pretty cool though.
Yes. Another reason we need the next gen.

Demitri to appear in MvC4!
We can't even get alt colors because Marvel wants to show a specific image. Pigs will fly the day that Marvel allows their cast to be turned into women(if they remember what those are). Demitri is just another street fighter unless they seriously retool him.

The addition of Ruby Heart, to me, was mostly because she was in MvC2, and is notorious for that. I know she is supposed to be a rejected Darkstalkers design, but her first appearance was MvC2. While this is no "coherent world", it's the first appearance of the character in a game. It's like saying Ingrid is a Street Fighter character although her first game actually was Capcom Fighting Jam or whatever that game was called. As long as Ruby isn't in a Darkstalkers game, she'll be a MvC2 exclusive character.

Actually, it did have a bit of MvC. THOSE MIKE ROSS EYEBLINKS. DAT COMBOFIEND LOOKING SPIFFY.

And FLOEFACE. :3

Oh. Well I went there and iirc it said something like "AE Special" or such, so I didn't even watch it, LOL.

I'm seeing a lot of posts on characters again, especially Darkstalkers, and now I'm curious/want in. What gives, thread? :p

I guess this was cause of the Vampire talk. :)

So essentially, the only 3 main "complaints" I gather from the responses to my roster:
- Darkstalkers could be changed around a bit
- Needs moar symbiotes (aka 90s Venom, cause apparently everyone's already forgotten that Brock isn't Venom atm)
- Needs even MOAR 90s X-Men

Am I seeing this correct?

Also, I'm happy noone objected to my addition of Nina, Saki or PTX. <3

JeTmAn81

http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3/b/302097436

Starts around 42:00 in the first part of the video. I dunno if you guys mean a specific match or something, but that's where the piledriving, pipe-smashing, headbutting sex starts. :3

Dude NEEDS to go to tourneys. He would kick so much ass and bring much needed hype to streams (looking at your, Wesker...)

Gross. I ran into a pretty nasty Haggar online the other night. He wasn't incredible, but he applied solid enough pressure that I had a really hard time beating him. Part of it was me failing to defend against tactics that he used again and again, some really basic stuff like forgetting to block low after he's put me in stun with a jumping pipe and then attacks low, or simply advance guarding that first hit. He backed his Haggar up with Skrull for some pretty long and annoying combo extension. And I kept getting happy birthdayed because I was trying to zone with Hawkeye and Taskmaster at the same time.

The Haggar in the link is really good, consistently beating Noel Brown and not just with tactics Noel hasn't seen before. He clearly knows his matchups and blocks very well. Resets for days.

I guess I should mention the guy's Hulk, too! Solid. Hit-confirming with random Gamma Charge is great for messing with overzealous teleporting Weskers. He's aware that Hulk has a command grab, and even lands some of them on occasion. One of the better Hulks I've seen.

Azure J

I guess this was cause of the Vampire talk. :)

Wow, I have literally no objections with that roster that wouldn't boil down to me acting entitled. (No BoF Ryu or Vampire Saviour'd Hsien-Ko? :p) Good job.

Also, my favorite Darkstalkers are Morrigan, Hsien-Ko, Donovan, B.B. Hood & Q-Bee, but the moment that Ruby Heart becomes a canonical addition to the series, she's instantly tops for me.

And now thanks to kirblar's post, I'm wondering what other cool monster tropes there are to pull characters from. I always thought sirens, the red oni/blue/oni & the Snow Maidens would be cool.

ARE WE TALKING ABOUT HOW AWESOME PTX-40A IS?

OFCOURSE WE ARE.

SO AWESOME.

PTX <3 <3 <3

Fixed. :D

Wow, I have literally no objections with that roster that wouldn't boil down to me acting entitled. (No BoF Ryu or Vampire Saviour'd Hsien-Ko? :p) Good job.

Ya, I realize I should've gone for Hsien-Ko insted of Felicia. And I personally feel Nina has more potential than Ryu - not only cause she uses magic and has wings, but also because of her Will-mechanic in BoF2, which could be implemented as some sort of power-up system akin to Dormammu's powers.

With that said, my offer of giving you guys the list of characters who just didn't make it (and for that matter, characters who could've made it in instead of someone else) still stands.

So essentially, the only 3 main "complaints" I gather from the responses to my roster:
- Needs moar symbiotes (aka 90s Venom, cause apparently everyone's already forgotten that Brock isn't Venom atm)

X-men seem fine. Venom is the only major one missing and someone could fill Sue's slot better. Maybe Spider Woman or Emma if you want a new age X-man.

Edit: It really is much better than whatever Capcom and Marvel could come up with at this point...

X-men seem fine. Venom is the only major one missing and someone could fill Sue's slot better. Maybe Spider Woman or Emma if you want a new age X-man.

Yea, I actually was debating with adding Spider-Woman or Sue, but I felt Sue deserved it more cause the Fantastic Four are not represented at all, aside from their villains. That's also why I kept Skrull on the list. Jessica however... I don't know, she didn't seem like she would add anything new, where Sue has limitless potential for crazy moveset shenanigans.
Emma... I hate her. Although I considered her, but I admit that I still have problems envisioning a moveset for her.

ReiGun

dream roster post

1. Black Panther, Cloak and Dagger, Roll, AND Invisible Woman? <3 <3 <3 <3
2. I would probably have made Doc Ock DLC and have Gobby be a regular roster character, but that's just me. It's cool either way.
3. I would change either X or Zero to one of their equivalents from one of the other Megaman games so that the franchise has more reps. Probably make Zero Protoman.exe, since X seems to be more popular. EXE uses a sword, so you can probably give him a moveset similar to Zero's (I say probably, cause I haven't played the Battle Network games enough to know all of what he does.)
4. Make either Carnage or Venom (either OG or Anti-, since no one else seems to like Commando Venom as much as I do *tear*) DLC along side Nemesis instead of Shuma.
5. Add Wasp. I know. I know. "What would a woman who shrinks and shoots pew pews even do?" Personally, IDK, but I want Wasp. :3

All that said, your roster is fine. Like I said, Black Panther, Cloak and Dagger, Roll, AND Invisible Woman? <3 <3 <3 <3.

Lothars

Edit: It really is much better than whatever Capcom and Marvel could come up with at this point...
I think Capcom and Marvel's roster is just fine, I would love more DLC characters but for the most part it's a great roster.

I like your roster and I would say More X-Men Less Darkstalkers but I think it's pretty good the way it is.

I didn't recognize most of the characters you added Capcom-side, so I think you might need some more mainstream picks there.

Sue, in my head, could do stuff like, keepaway-grappling. I even thought of her summoning platforms in mid-air to stand on so assists can also be used mid-air, haha. Reflecting projectiles, and maybe calling shield orbs like Rose's Soul Satellite super could work too. I could go insane with her, it's so hard to keep grounded when coming up with ideas for her moveset.

I didn't recognize most of the characters you added Capcom-side, so I think you might need some more mainstream picks there.

...For instance? I don't know any super-popular series that isn't covered at that point.

Four of them were in Tatsunoko vs Capcom(Roll was in MvC1 and MvC2), one of them was in MonHun 3, and Jedah is the most popular male from Darkstalkers.

Nina is probably the least recognizable of the bunch.
I think Capcom and Marvel's roster is just fine, I would love more DLC characters but for the most part it's a great roster.
Eh... it sucks for me.
Speaking of dream rostering

im suprised people havent looked into the data in the disk like they did with vanilla or have they? Wasnt Doc Occ and Frank in text in Vanilla?
They did and nothing interesting was found.

Grecco

Speaking of dream rostering

im suprised people havent looked into the data in the disk like they did with vanilla or have they? Wasnt Doc Occ and Frank in text in Vanilla?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom