• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beth Cyra

Idea: X, Zero series Zero, Tron, Roll (Classic) & Bass.EXE.

I don't get this mindset.

Zero being Zero version doesn't really need to be his Zero form to be a rep of either X or Zero.

Zero series is a direct sequel to X, it's the same series with different character designs.

I just don't understand why having a character look any different makes them suddenly okay when they are the same character.

As it stands Zero is Zero, well at least to me. Even if he was in his Zero form and the game had X it would still have two X characters, and at that point two Zero characters given they are both in both series.

sephi22

http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3/b/302097436

Starts around 42:00 in the first part of the video. I dunno if you guys mean a specific match or something, but that's where the piledriving, pipe-smashing, headbutting sex starts. :3

Dude NEEDS to go to tourneys. He would kick so much ass and bring much needed hype to streams (looking at your, Wesker...)

MOTHEROFGOD

I'm X-Copying that shit like my life depends on it.
Where can I donate to get this dude to show up at tournneys?

zlatko

Banned
I'm playing on 360 pad since the only time I can play is later at night when people are asleep, and the TE button smashing is too loud.

Any tips for SRK motions on a pad? This is the reason I bought a TE in the first place, but my team of Nova, Hawkeye, Wesker needs SRK's for combos. :(

Zero being Zero version doesn't really need to be his Zero form to be a rep of either X or Zero.

Zero series is a direct sequel to X, it's the same series with different character designs.

I just don't understand why having a character look any different makes them suddenly okay when they are the same character.

As it stands Zero is Zero, well at least to me. Even if he was in his Zero form and the game had X it would still have two X characters, and at that point two Zero characters given they are both in both series.

X Zero doesn't have this
images

or this
images

or this
images

or this
images

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm playing on 360 pad since the only time I can play is later at night when people are asleep, and the TE button smashing is too loud.

Any tips for SRK motions on a pad? This is the reason I bought a TE in the first place, but my team of Nova, Hawkeye, Wesker needs SRK's for combos. :(

If you're really having trouble on pad, you can think of it as pressing forward, then doing a QCF motion, but pressing the button early.

Well, Viscant thinks Hawkeye is top five. Kinda scary that is.

I'm not surprised in the slightest.

zlatko

Banned
Try the analog?

I've tried both the analog stick and the pad, but both are just imprecise as hell.

I'm wondering if someone found a more consistent method using the standard 360 pad and could share some knowledge that might end up helping me out with enough practice.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That's exactly what it is. Usually, as long as there's a forward before the qcf, it will always be a dp.

Also, yeah, not really surprised by the Hawkeye comment.

Yeah, I play on a Fightpad, and I try to not do the complete QCF because it's a little sloppy, but it generally works well in most modern fighting games.

I've tried both the analog stick and the pad, but both are just imprecise as hell.

I'm wondering if someone found a more consistent method using the standard 360 pad and could share some knowledge that might end up helping me out with enough practice.
a few alternatives:
-try tapping forward, then a fireball mostion
-try doing forward, downback, down, downforward
-try doing forward, downforward, down, downforward

Azure J

I can't believe I've had this game since launch and still don't have a 360 to play it on. Total poverty monster right here. :lol

That should all change next week or so though. Scrub-GAF, here I come.

Man, I am definitely not the person you want to bust this argument out against, because I completely agree. I just thought it'd make for an interesting way to circumvent any bitching about "hurr too many spots in a roster for ____ series." That and I think most of the big guys in this thread know how much I love the Zero series art. *braces himself for flames*

It's all "what ifs" anyways. :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Viscant also believes that Zero's the best character in the game.

I'm gonna miss Bar Fights cause of an exam and it's likely it's not gonna be archived and gonna be sold as a DVD instead ;_; Was really looking forward to seeing Viscant make his big event debut. :(

I can't believe I've had this game since launch and still don't have a 360 to play it on. Total poverty monster right here. :lol

That should all change next week or so though. Scrub-GAF, here I come.

But I thought you had a PS3...I look forward to kicking your ass (and if you get 3S, on that too!) =P

Also, yeah, in a way it's the same, but if it's Zero series Zero, then it gives some representation to MMZ too (which could've easily been fixed had they made that his alt instead of X -_-). Still, I'm the kind of person that feels it'd just be wrong to give him his MMZ weapons without a MMZ appearance. Yeah, his saber turned into his MMZ one during Dark Hold in TvC, but that's more fanservice than anything.

Azure J

OK, now that I've settled into a groove and started watching that stream archive, I see where all the hype is coming from. Holy shit, we got Haggar ToDs. :lol

@Solar: I'm down, I guess I owe it to you to be completely free in Mahvel and (potentially) 3S after beating you free in Brawl way back when. *trollface.jpg*

Bizazedo

I was trying to come up with an argument against it and I'm failing.

With the new cancelable specials via Buster, he can now do everything. Fixing the throw tech will nerf him slightly, but that's assuming you don't eat a buster trying to get to him.

Lothars

I'm gonna miss Bar Fights cause of an exam and it's likely it's not gonna be archived and gonna be sold as a DVD instead ;_; Was really looking forward to seeing Viscant make his big event debut. :(

I would love to see it archived but if not than hopefully it's on crosscounter or something like that because I just bought the Canada Cup one and I love the quality of the videos.

OK, now that I've settled into a groove and started watching that stream archive, I see where all the hype is coming from. Holy shit, we got Haggar ToDs. :lol

@Solar: I'm down, I guess I owe it to you to be completely free in Mahvel and (potentially) 3S after beating you free in Brawl way back when. *trollface.jpg*
what?

Edit: dude... that stuff freaks me out. I thought you were talking to me. :/

Beth Cyra

But I thought you had a PS3...I look forward to kicking your ass (and if you get 3S, on that too!) =P

Also, yeah, in a way it's the same, but if it's Zero series Zero, then it gives some representation to MMZ too (which could've easily been fixed had they made that his alt instead of X -_-). Still, I'm the kind of person that feels it'd just be wrong to give him his MMZ weapons without a MMZ appearance. Yeah, his saber turned into his MMZ one during Dark Hold in TvC, but that's more fanservice than anything.
That is the majority of what MvC is about, appealing to the fans of both Marvel and Capcom so it being fan service only makes more since to do it.

Don't get me wrong, I really really hate the god awful Zero designs, but I would have prefered that then when they tried to pull the smack about X fans being happy before Vanilla's release when they just meant that Zero looked like he did in the X games.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I would love to see it archived but if not than hopefully it's on crosscounter or something like that because I just bought the Canada Cup one and I love the quality of the videos.
Oh yeah the production value is definitely top notch. I want to support the dudes but every last penny I have I spent on UMvC3 and my paypal is dry -_-

I will also donate to Sp00ky before I die. I've made that pledge.

What I mean is, a visual reference is one thing, while giving him those weapons for his moveset is another. Like I said, they could do it, but it'd just feel wrong :X

THOSE DON'T COUNT BECAUSE LAG >.>

Beth Cyra

What I mean is, a visual reference is one thing, while giving him those weapons for his moveset is another. Like I said, they could do it, but it'd just feel wrong :X

THOSE DON'T COUNT BECAUSE LAG >.>

Hmm don't really agree. To me he is the same guy, even looks mainly the same when we take into account how similarly he looks to Omega, so if he was translated back it's not the weapons would be hard to X'ify.

Then agian Im not a Zero series fan so I don't have that love or weirdness personally.

Lothars

Oh yeah the production value is definitely top notch. I want to support the dudes but every last penny I have I spent on UMvC3 and my paypal is dry -_-

I will also donate to Sp00ky before I die. I've made that pledge.

Same here, I hope it is avilable on archives to watch because I am going to miss it as well.

Grecco

Viscant is easily one of the smartest players in the game. Love listening to him talk about the game. I wish this G4 thing lasted longer.

I now kind of hate your fantasy list RedArremer, because it gets me excited about something that will never come. Like when a pretty lady lays her head in your lap just to rest.

Arthur with drone assist is fricken hell without a teleport/flight character in your team. But yeah, I think I've run into one on ranked mode since UMvC3 came out.
Purification makes this combination so hilarious.

oh so you're staying with firebrand now? What assist are you doing? I guess demon missile M since you don't really need more flame carpet and you don't have a combo extending assist?
Demon Missile M can't extend for Dormammu as far as I know (if you figured out how, feel free to share!). I use Hell Spitfire H because:
1) It adds more pinning for Dormammu.
2) After Dark Dimension or Inferno, it OTGs for a relaunch and provides time for 2 Dark Spells.

So, the synergy isn't exactly amazing, but it's there, and the other assists seem even worse.

Well, Viscant thinks Hawkeye is top five. Kinda scary that is.
I'm inclined to agree with him. Hawkeye pisses me off. Especially since H is his arrows. It's like the Vanilla Sentinel noobs that just fired lasers, but it's actually effective because of all his other tools.

And nothing suggests he is wrong.

Chavelo

I now kind of hate your fantasy list RedArremer, because it gets me excited about something that will never come. Like when a pretty lady lays her head in your lap just to rest.

Man, it would be your damn fault if she goes ahead and do that and you just don't do shit. XD

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Oh hey I'm beating a guy with a 99% winrate! Say what he ragequits when his 3rd character is incoming? I hate how we can no longer at least give those assholes in ranked bad feedback. Hell I was gonna wall of shame him here but I couldn't read the entirety of his gamertag because something was covering it on screen and of course he's not in recent players. It was something along the line of Cookurbonez, but not exactly that. Grrrrr...I hope the feedback thing's a bug too.

Unsurprisingly two out of three trenchoats + Zero. You should totally make your next stats homework about the correlation between characters and ragequits shaowebb.

Vergil players, I need help figuring out something with his BnBs:

A large majority seem to go L > M > H > f.H xx Rising Sun xx Trick > sj.H > S > H > f.H > varies...

I have problems jumping up to the opponent after hitting H to cancel the Rising Sun into Trick, especially when I have the previous hits of the combo adding to the likelihood they'll flip out sooner (hitstun decay?). Any tips on getting that sj.H (or sj.M if it's better) to connect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom